Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 790998 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Nov. 2013!! $499 US Dollars
« Reply #2050 on: June 17, 2013, 01:35:01 PM »
I don't support illegal things like hacking Xbox Live, especially as all that does is hurt other consumers. If you don't like practices Microsoft is doing, just don't buy the Xbox One and encourage others to do the same. Doing stuff like hacking Xbox Live is just saying you are a douche and want other consumers to suffer.

Who is supporting or encouraging hackers?

Pokepal's comment makes it clear he would love for hackers to take down Xbox Live.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: June 17, 2013, 05:07:20 PM »
PS4 sold out on Amazon, (possibly Call of Duty Ghosts) developer says that PS4 games will look noticeably better than their Xbox One counterparts from day one, PS4 is 40% more powerful than Xbox One. Amazon insider says PS4 is outselling Xbox One by 2:1...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: June 17, 2013, 05:21:50 PM »
Only 2 to 1.  Wow, all those informal polls are really off.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: June 17, 2013, 05:36:02 PM »
To be fair they can only sell what they have to sell.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: June 17, 2013, 05:39:04 PM »
Pokepal's comment makes it clear he would love for hackers to take down Xbox Live.

Just some healthy schadenfreude, in my opinion. Don't take everything (including this post) so seriously.
 ;D
NNID: ejamer

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: June 17, 2013, 05:49:26 PM »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: June 17, 2013, 05:51:20 PM »
Achievement explanations.

http://i.imgur.com/r9UzOaI.png

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2057 on: June 17, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »
When I was at work the other day, a customer called in asking to pre-order a Xbox One, part of me wanted to tell him not to. LOL (but the more money the store makes, the more likely I am to get a bonus).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Check-In atleast once every 24hrs!
« Reply #2058 on: June 19, 2013, 04:45:12 PM »
Seems like the interwebs are abuzz with talk that MS has made some changes to their DRM/used game policies.  news.xbox.com seems to be having some issues right now.

Edit: From http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

This changes everything.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:51:48 PM by magicpixie »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: June 19, 2013, 05:02:23 PM »
Well, the rumor was true: no DRM anymore, no online connection required, and no region locking. So now instead of a stillborn console, they merely have one that's $100 less and allegedly less powerful than the PS4. Well, 5-6 years from now when I buy an Xbone for Quantum Break (assuming I haven't bought the PC version), I'll appreciate not having to sell my soul to Microsoft.

The console wars just got a lot more interesting, but I hope that people don't forget how doggedly Microsoft was fighting for all that DRM. This isn't going to go away that easily.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: June 19, 2013, 05:10:41 PM »
Those guys at Microsoft over delivering on the Value.  ::)

This definitely changes things since they got rid of the only them keeping me from buying their console at launch. Sucks that they're getting rid of the online game sharing feature as well. I know EA must feel like they've been bamboozled now.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: June 19, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »
This is HUGE.  We won.  MS got rid of it before it even came out.  The buying public didn't reject the concept for it never was tested with them.  The negative reaction at E3 from just a small chunk of the target market was enough to make MS change their minds.

Thought I'm not immediately going to jump on the Xbone bandwagon because of this.  This affects the Wii U pretty significantly as it seemed that Nintendo was going to finish at least second by default but now that isn't the case.  Nintendo would have benefitted greatly from MS trying this and having it fail miserably in the marketplace.

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: June 19, 2013, 05:41:33 PM »
I'm not entirely sure Nintendo would have finished second had MS kept on course.  Their price point is still a bit high in comparison.

Does anybody at MS lose their job over this fiasco(other than Adam Orth)?  I'm still kind of surprised they did this; I thought for sure they'd let the One flounder for a bit before changing their minds.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: June 19, 2013, 05:42:47 PM »
This is HUGE.  We won.  MS got rid of it before it even came out.  The buying public didn't reject the concept for it never was tested with them.  The negative reaction at E3 from just a small chunk of the target market was enough to make MS change their minds.

Thought I'm not immediately going to jump on the Xbone bandwagon because of this.  This affects the Wii U pretty significantly as it seemed that Nintendo was going to finish at least second by default but now that isn't the case.  Nintendo would have benefitted greatly from MS trying this and having it fail miserably in the marketplace.

I feel this impacts nintendo the most. I that despite a lower price and even going down $50 a lack of third party support and hardware being weaker with justify most consumers still paying $400 or $500 more.

Nintendo won;t have things like Madden or Fifa on the shelves which is a big dealbraker for alot of consumers. (well technically they do)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 19, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »
I'm not entirely sure Nintendo would have finished second had MS kept on course.  Their price point is still a bit high in comparison.

Does anybody at MS lose their job over this fiasco(other than Adam Orth)?  I'm still kind of surprised they did this; I thought for sure they'd let the One flounder for a bit before changing their minds.

No way they were going to let this thing PS3 for a while. Even Windows 8 which is a technically a success, they're redesgining nearly every first party App and adjusting things for Windows Blue. 

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: June 19, 2013, 05:49:13 PM »
Yeah, but that took them a while to finally do.  I figured it would be the same with this situation; that the execs had their heads so far up their asses, that they had no clue what the consumer reaction would be without getting cold, hard, sales figures.  Up until now, they gave me every impression that was the case.  Maybe the preorder numbers were REALLY bad.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: June 19, 2013, 05:50:48 PM »
Way to pull your head out of your ass, Microsoft.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: June 19, 2013, 06:03:09 PM »
Aw...

I wanted to see what the hackers would do.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: June 19, 2013, 06:30:55 PM »
Wow, they fixed that real quick. PEOPLE POWER!

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: June 19, 2013, 06:44:20 PM »
I have to admit that I am genuinely surprised that Microsoft did this.  Props to them.  They ate humble pie and reneged. I guess I am just used to Nintendo's "don't give damn about anyone but our shareholders wallets" attitude that it feels weird. Foreign even.

While I am still going to get a PS4 next gen, I am not longer upset at Microsoft. 

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: June 19, 2013, 06:46:10 PM »
Aw...

i know, now what am i gonna do with all this popcorn

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: June 19, 2013, 07:12:32 PM »
Aw...

i know, now what am i gonna do with all this popcorn

Well Paula Deen is in the news for being a racist.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: June 19, 2013, 07:55:35 PM »
I have to admit that I am genuinely surprised that Microsoft did this.  Props to them.  They ate humble pie and reneged. I guess I am just used to Nintendo's "don't give damn about anyone but our shareholders wallets" attitude that it feels weird. Foreign even.

It does feel weird and I wonder what it feels like for existing Xbox fans who liked the 360.  Think of any time Nintendo announced something you absolutely hated and then imagine if a little while later they completely changed their tune on it.  "We're not going to use cartridges after all."  "We're going to go online after all." "We're going to cancel the Wii and make the Revolution instead."  That would be mindblowing and MS is actually doing exactly that!  The closest example to this I can think of is Sony not going with the batarang controller for the PS3.

I actually find myself legitimately excited and it's not like I want to support MS now.  I mean any company that would actually announce such "features" is not to be trusted.  But we just dodged a huge bullet here as I was legitimately afraid that this DRM stuff would catch on and the entire industry would follow it.  To have avoided that makes me feel great!

MS seems like all the more dangerous of an opponent for Nintendo now because they were heading towards the cliff and realized it and pulled up in time.  Who is that smart, for lack of a better word?  We've seen Sega, Nintendo and Sony commit to the STUPIDEST self-defeating ideas where we gamers spotted the potential problems 100 miles away.  But MS didn't do that.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: June 19, 2013, 08:52:29 PM »
something about this seems off... idk something doesn't feel right for them to announce this a little over a week past e3

something seems fishy

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2074 on: June 19, 2013, 09:09:59 PM »
I don't see what's fishy about it. The E3 reaction was bad because MS was vague about it before, clarified at the show, and then got promptly shown up (and downright embarrassed). They mulled over the reaction for a week and reneged.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.