Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791009 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Nov. 2013!! $499 US Dollars
« Reply #2025 on: June 15, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
Not to troll this thread, but unless Microsoft recants all of their rules for the Xbox One then there is no way in Hell I will ever own one.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: June 15, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »
Not to troll this thread, but unless Microsoft recants all of their rules for the Xbox One then there is no way in Hell I will ever own one.

"We have a system for people who think there's no way in hell they'll buy an Xbox One. It's called an Xbox 360."
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: June 16, 2013, 08:38:22 AM »
Get banned from XBL with XBone, lose all of your games that you paid for. This seems like it should actually be illegal, this is theft on Microsoft's behalf.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: June 16, 2013, 08:45:28 AM »
I'm sure it's in the EULA.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: June 16, 2013, 03:04:47 PM »
It probably will be, but it's still a ridiculous policy. That's part of the absurdity of having to be online all the time. There's no reason to ever buy a disc with this system.

I'm not sure what will lead to console bans with this system (assuming they finally get anti-piracy protection done right), but if people start getting banned by the hundreds of thousands like they did with Xbox 360, and losing all of the content that they actually paid for, then I see this leading to a huge class-action lawsuit that Microsoft will lose.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: June 16, 2013, 03:15:59 PM »
Amazon does the same thing with their digital storefront.  And there's some pretty hard core stories out there about Amazon shutting down the accounts of family members and such that aren't even in the same state as the person who's account got banned.

If there's been a successful lawsuit against Amazon yet, I haven't heard of it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: June 16, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »
That's shitty too, but Joe Shmoe probably doesn't realize that when they buy a disc at the store that they could have that content essentially stolen from them by Microsoft if their kid does something stupid with the console one day. I imagine with the Next Xbox you'll have to hop a plane to Redmond and play it in front of Steve Ballmer or you can't play it at all.

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: June 16, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »
It probably will be, but it's still a ridiculous policy. That's part of the absurdity of having to be online all the time. There's no reason to ever buy a disc with this system.

I'm not sure what will lead to console bans with this system (assuming they finally get anti-piracy protection done right), but if people start getting banned by the hundreds of thousands like they did with Xbox 360, and losing all of the content that they actually paid for, then I see this leading to a huge class-action lawsuit that Microsoft will lose.

I agree.  Oh wait, what's this?.

Though, clauses like that aren't anything new, really.  And I'm not certain if they hold up in court.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:14:28 PM by magicpixie »

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: June 16, 2013, 04:42:41 PM »
so are they going to require xbox live gold for the checkups

also... will live be tied to the console itself or will we still have to buy a separate subscription for each account?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: June 16, 2013, 04:48:45 PM »
Yeah, that can get the **** out of my face.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: June 16, 2013, 05:18:46 PM »
That's shitty too, but Joe Shmoe probably doesn't realize that when they buy a disc at the store that they could have that content essentially stolen from them by Microsoft if their kid does something stupid with the console one day.

I don't disagree - and that's one of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of digital delivery.  However, "I didn't realize I agreed to it" isn't something that holds up in court a lot.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2036 on: June 16, 2013, 07:41:06 PM »
The problem is Microsoft believes in these policies...and not until they see that these measures actually will result in them losing potential buyers they will not change them. 

Essentially it is another test of the consumers.  Will consumers actually stand up against a company and refuse the product in mass numbers, or will consumers buckle once again to a company providing a product that is less than consumer friendly.

The unfortunate thing is, we don't know the numbers of how many buyers are going to refuse this product or just talk about refusing.  Nor do we know how many buyers Microsoft is willing to lose and keep this policy.

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: June 16, 2013, 08:07:21 PM »
In general, consumers seem to be poorly informed.  I could see xbox 1s initial sales not suffering because people don't understand that Microsoft is turning a disc into a license.  I think their will be a strong backlash when they go to sell the game, or look for its games in a used store, and find out that used discs are worthless. 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2038 on: June 16, 2013, 10:46:57 PM »
Considering you have to sign in every 24 hours to keep playing your game, I thought it would have been obvious that you lose your games if you get banned since you can no longer sign in. Besides, most people get banned from Xbox Live for modding their systems or being a total douche online.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: June 16, 2013, 10:48:57 PM »
Considering you have to sign in every 24 hours to keep playing your game, I thought it would have been obvious that you lose your games if you get banned since you can no longer sign in. Besides, most people get banned from Xbox Live for modding their systems or being a total douche online.

If being a total douche got you banned from XBox Live, the service would not exist.

I really can't see myself buying this system, each time something new is revealed, it makes it seem even worse.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 10:51:15 PM by Brandogg »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2040 on: June 16, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »
People have to get reported enough. But my point is that almost everyone who gets banned from Xbox Live get banned for a legit reason and are the types to know better.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2041 on: June 16, 2013, 11:16:54 PM »
Except the people who get hacked because Microsoft and EA have **** security and it apparently takes a month and a half to get the account in working order.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: June 16, 2013, 11:29:04 PM »
so Tj,  what happens to my games when Microsoft shuts down all of the servers for online checkups...? :D

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2043 on: June 16, 2013, 11:54:44 PM »
Well, that's gonna be at least a few years down the line. MS seems to want to move everything to the cloud with a "future proof" platform. So, it would reason that the servers would run indefinitely.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: June 16, 2013, 11:59:47 PM »
Does anyone get the feeling that hackers are just going to devour this xbone?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: June 17, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »
ooh xbox live going down for over half a month would be amazing... I don't think I have enough popcorn for that

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2046 on: June 17, 2013, 03:24:33 AM »
I could imagine an attack by hackers, just because of the anti-consumer policies of Microsoft...like a screw you MS. 

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: June 17, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »

Tried to keep my tongue in check, but I sincerely hope XBone crashes and burns so that we don't see this type of ownership practice become the standard. This system represents everything I don't want in a gaming console, neatly wrapped up in one ugly little box.

That said, 360 had abysmal failure rates but people didn't care. They would just double down (or triple, or quad, or...) and keep playing.  Somehow I doubt things will be different this time around - especially if it sells well initially and gets third party support.  "Madden and my buddies? What other console comes close to touching that?!"

Also agree that XBone seems like a great target for hackers. Anti-consumer policies. Opportunity to cause massive grief with something as "small" as a weekend server outage. Surely MS knows that and is prepared... but if not, things could get ugly really fast.
NNID: ejamer

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2048 on: June 17, 2013, 12:53:14 PM »
I don't support illegal things like hacking Xbox Live, especially as all that does is hurt other consumers. If you don't like practices Microsoft is doing, just don't buy the Xbox One and encourage others to do the same. Doing stuff like hacking Xbox Live is just saying you are a douche and want other consumers to suffer.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: June 17, 2013, 01:31:01 PM »
I don't support illegal things like hacking Xbox Live, especially as all that does is hurt other consumers. If you don't like practices Microsoft is doing, just don't buy the Xbox One and encourage others to do the same. Doing stuff like hacking Xbox Live is just saying you are a douche and want other consumers to suffer.

Who is supporting or encouraging hackers?

Saying that the XBone console looks like a bright red bulls-eye for attracting a certain class of hackers isn't the same as supporting anyone who is actually doing the hacking. If anything, it's just stating the obvious.

The existence of people who cause grief to others just because they can isn't nothing new or unusual - especially when it comes to games and online services. Just because something is selfish or hurtful doesn't mean it's not a common occurrence... which is exactly why the possible effects of hacking are worth talking about when considering the merits and faults of XBone.
NNID: ejamer