Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791017 times)

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
I'm surprised.  I'm been wandering around various forums and the xbox 1 vibe doesn't seem to be that negative.  To me, I think this is a horrible trend and I have no desire to pick it up.  Especially at the prices they are asking.  I somewhat accept Steam and tablet game prices because you can get lots of games <$10.  $500 for the ability to buy $60 games that you don't own?  I never pay $60 now for games.  Literally Rock Bank Special Edition was the only game I paid >$50 this gen. 

I'm curious about the fees.  Initially it was the used fee will be the same as buying it new.  Now it seems they've dropped off that point.  But you can expect the overshipment and <$20 prices within 6 months to stop.  I just don't see how this benefits the industry.  Are people really going to spend more on games?  I have a set amount I spend on games and I try to maximize my enjoyment out of that.  If I spend $60/game, my budget would be like 3 games a year.  I'm not not paying $500 to play 3 games a year.  And consumers will really think twice about buying any game that doesn't get 9.5 on all the major review sites.  So expect the trend of sequels and copycats to get worse.

I really hope Nintendo doesn't go this route next gen.  The Wii U may be the last console I own if they tread this path.  If the Xbox 360 for $99 rumor comes true, I'd have to pick up a 360 though.  As a PS3/Wii owner, I think I could find enough $10 360 games to make $99 a go. 

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Something I find hilarious and par for the course is how Nintendo was ridiculed for confusing consumers by naming their new system the WiiU and making it look like the Wii but slightly bigger yet no sh*t fits have been started yet (as far as I know) over MS's decision to rebrand their 360 with a slim look similar to the Xbone.  So MS did a Nintendo in reverse.  They created a confusing name similar to their previous system yet instead of making the new system look like the old one, they go and make the old one look like the new one lol.  Am I the only one seeing this? lol

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
I recall that point being brought up now and again.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Nov. 2013!! $499 US Dollars
« Reply #2003 on: June 10, 2013, 11:27:00 PM »
I'm also a little bit surprised at how positive the reaction has been to the XBox One given how anti-consumer some of Microsoft's policies seem.  Maybe gamers don't care as long as software keeps rolling in... but there is no way that I would buy anything where the company (or a group of motivated hackers) could simply turn off servers at any time and turn my entire purchase (both systems and games) into a brick. The prices in play are simply too high for me to accept that my content is being "rented".
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:29:26 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: June 10, 2013, 11:31:45 PM »
I don't see how MS can do well this gen unless consumers are so blind as to not see better products when presented with them.  The ONLY way I see MS hanging in there is if they backpedal from a lot of their stances and do a pricedrop on the Xbone (imagine that, a pricedrop before it has even launched lol).  I can't really see them doing either though, they'll just keep throwing money at it to help it survive. 

Had the xbox been created by any other company besides MS, it would've been dead a long time ago simply by the fact that they can let the money burn red for years on end it seems. 

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: June 10, 2013, 11:36:17 PM »
I don't see how MS can do well this gen unless consumers are so blind as to not see better products when presented with them.  The ONLY way I see MS hanging in there is if they backpedal from a lot of their stances and do a pricedrop on the Xbone (imagine that, a pricedrop before it has even launched lol).  I can't really see them doing either though, they'll just keep throwing money at it to help it survive. 

Had the xbox been created by any other company besides MS, it would've been dead a long time ago simply by the fact that they can let the money burn red for years on end it seems. 

Oh it will have some sales; don't count out bratty over-privileged kids who DEMAND their xbox because of their affinity for Halo or whatever other exclusives the xbox brand has, or just completely uninformed people. After the reveal last month I spoke to a friend about it over FB who was RAVING about it but seemed to not realize any of the negative. The conversation kept leading back to "well I'm still getting it, I love my xbox"
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2006 on: June 10, 2013, 11:37:37 PM »
Microsoft's usual rule is if it doesn't have massive acceptance by the 3rd version, it's toast. Windows and Office made it past V3, things like WebTV and Zune didn't.

This may be a Zune situation for Microsoft. They've cheesed off all of Europe with over-PS3 launch pricing, and North America has a competing box $100 cheaper.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: June 11, 2013, 02:00:47 AM »
It makes me wonder how Microsoft must be feeling right now. 

I wonder if they can see past their arrogance and actually see that they got destroyed, or if they are stuck in the mindset of we are too awesome and our stuff will sell anyway?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: June 11, 2013, 08:02:25 AM »
Considering it took Sony half a generation(promotions and firing and demotions) before they made a turn around and a year plus of constant complaints about Windows 8 to even consider putting the start button back in(Where all it does is launch metro), A turn around in policy or even a general softening in attitude isn't happening anytime soon.

No wonder Nintendo had rejected EA's partnership if this was what they were offering.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: June 11, 2013, 10:00:30 PM »
LOL

For some reason, MS execs just can't seem to STFU.

In an interview with Don Mattrick before the conferences, he said:
"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360"

In other words, #dealwithit

Added link to streaming video: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/silmon/xbox-one-e3-2013--the-xbox-one-strategy--stream-
He says it at about 1:49
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:06:29 PM by magicpixie »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: June 12, 2013, 12:07:26 AM »
#Fuckyougotmine.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2011 on: June 12, 2013, 12:13:57 AM »
Was it already mentioned here that this console was designed for Microsoft employees? Sure as hell feels like it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: June 12, 2013, 05:11:27 PM »
Xbone-live launch isn't worldwide.  From Xbox.com:

Xbox One-Supported Xbox Live Countries
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Mexico
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Russia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions. See game package and/or retailer product information, for each game’s specific geographic regions.

Notice any major gaming markets missing from that list(hint: starts with a J, ends with APAN)?  Does the mention about activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions indicate region locking?  Could a limited launch indicate issues with MS's supply chain?  For that matter, are Sony launching worldwide?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:14:30 PM by magicpixie »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: June 12, 2013, 05:21:35 PM »
I think its an indication of Microsoft not going into markets they made no money on both their other consoles.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: June 12, 2013, 05:42:09 PM »
I think its an indication of Microsoft not going into markets they made no money on both their other consoles.

Yeah, I have to agree with that sentiment. I've already said that there's no reason Microsoft should throw away money on Japan. A whopping 1 game (Tales of Vesperia) got them to buy a paltry number of 360s, and Microsoft burned a ton of money trying to get games on the 360 that the Japanese would actually buy.  If Microsoft's going to try to buy and con their way into making the Xbone not an apocalyptic failure, they might as well cut their losses from the start and not waste their resources on countries that will never support them.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: June 12, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »
Well they have a Japan Studio so i would assume that the system would launch their as well.

Man I'm really hoping the negative respones makes them backtrack like crazy. The new KI looks so damn awesome.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: June 12, 2013, 06:54:10 PM »
Well they have a Japan Studio so i would assume that the system would launch their as well.

Man I'm really hoping the negative respones makes them backtrack like crazy. The new KI looks so damn awesome.

Is there a pricing model for that yet?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: June 12, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »

Is there a pricing model for that yet?

KI?

There's going to be a demo that ony comes with Jango and has a free to play aspect.
A full game which I think may be download only.
A limited edition fightstick bundle.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: June 12, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »
Yeah, I'm wondering how much they'll charge for each character.  Marvel Heroes is $250 for all DLC characters, which I think is pretty ridiculous.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2019 on: June 12, 2013, 09:45:04 PM »
Notice any major gaming markets missing from that list(hint: starts with a J, ends with APAN)?  Does the mention about activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions indicate region locking?  Could a limited launch indicate issues with MS's supply chain?  For that matter, are Sony launching worldwide?

This is a level of region-locking that would make anime studios jealous. The system is basically a 500euro BluRay player if it's taken to another country because the pinging is only available for IP addresses in countries where the system is originally released.
Tutorial box out.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2020 on: June 15, 2013, 12:07:20 AM »
Pardon the double post, but Microsoft managed to reload.

So basically, I'm going to report you all for existing on Xbone and you'll lose all your games.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:12:33 AM by Shaymin »
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: June 15, 2013, 12:26:04 AM »
And with that, Microsoft has driven the final nail into the Xbone's coffin. That's an impressive amount of work in such a short period of time. And considering Microsoft can ban you for anything from soft-modding your console to having your account stolen, I'm sure nothing will EVER go wrong because of this.

I can't wait for Microsoft's response tomorrow:

"We have a device for people who have had their accounts banned on Xbox Live. It's Called Xbox 360." - Don Mattrick, tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:32:21 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: June 15, 2013, 08:24:01 AM »
Wait, THAT was the final nail? I thought they already hammered through the coffin and was just bashing the cadaver...

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: June 15, 2013, 01:00:28 PM »
Wait, THAT was the final nail? I thought they already hammered through the coffin and was just bashing the cadaver...
they nailed the final nail on the coffin containing the coffin containing the xbone

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: June 15, 2013, 01:02:14 PM »
Pardon the double post, but Microsoft managed to reload.

So basically, I'm going to report you all for existing on Xbone and you'll lose all your games.
i am somehow tempted to get one just to get a bunch of 6 year olds on call of duty banned and start some riots