Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791014 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Reading it over it sounds better than what I expected. Still on the fence though. I mean I personally the only real deal breaker is a fucking time limit to play software offline.

I really like the idea of a retail purchase also counting as a digital purchase. Still this means i'll be getting a PS4 and pushing it on family members. I mean I have a cousin who doesn't even own internet but likes to borrow my games and what not.

Shingi, we need you to buy an Xbox One at launch. We need somebody to experience this system and be the counter argument for Microsoft.

BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Soren:  I don't think that has anything to do with it really.  I think publishers take a wait and see approach to Nintendo.  Smart publishers like Ubisoft see the lack of 3rd party support as an opportunity to make lots of money on an void of support.  People will buy anything just to have something new to play.  Other developers just won't attempt to design anything unless it is bleeding cutting edge because they are compensating for the lack of something. 

I think there are other 3rd party developers that actually assess the market of a Nintendo console and decide if there games would sell on it and then decide to develop or not.  These 3rd party developers are doing it right...even if they should probably take more risks occasionally.

I am curious to see if PS4 has any of these strange setups or if it is only Microsoft.  I will be even more curious if the market truly rejects these practices....personally I think they won't.  I think these next consoles will sell and be widely successful despite these horrible business practices. 

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Microsoft cancelling 1 on 1 interviews at E3.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/15240/article/microsoft-cancelling-one-on-one-interviews-with-xbox-executives-at-e3/

I don't recall ever seeing a company do so much damage to themselves in such a small time as I have with this whole debacle. 

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
"ONLINE CHECK-IN:

Microsoft has offically confirmed that the Xbox One will require online check-in every 24 hours, you can play offline for up to 24 hours. However if you play games on another Xbox One console, such as your friend or family's console, Xbox One will require check-in with an active Internet connection every hour. Microsoft said "offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV, Blu-ray and DVD movies on the console."

GAME LICENSING:

You can access your entire game library from any Xbox One console as long as you are signed into your account. Up to 10 family members can access your game library.

CLOUD TECHNOLOGY:

Microsoft also mentioned that for Xbox One games that make use of the cloud technology may require a constant Internet connection, offline play is not possible. Microsoft recommends a broadband connection of 1.5Mbps for use with the Xbox One.

KINECT AND PRIVACY:

Xbox One will allow users to toggle whether they want to automatically sign in and customize the privacy settings. Players can pause the Kinect while playing games or viewing live TV. The Xbox One can be turned off by saying "Xbox Off" and turned on by saying "Xbox On", so Kinect will still be running in the background when the console is turned off. Some apps and games may require Kinect to operate so you will need to turn it back on for these experiences.

One example of Kinect collecting user personal detail would be a Kinect fitness program tracking your heart rate and calories consumption; another example would be playing a card game, you can use facial expressions to fool the opponents. Microsoft said that this data will not leave your Xbox One without your permission.

CONTROLLER:

The Xbox One controller will support both wired and wireless connection, when a micro USB cable is connected to the controller, the wireless functions will switch off automatically. It will have infrared sensors and LEDs for the Kinect to sense the controller.

USED GAMES:

Microsoft confirmed that the availability of pre-owned Xbox One games will be decided by individual publishers, whether the game can be traded or resold without paying a fee. Microsoft said they do not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers or consumers.

Provided the individual publisher approves, disc-based Xbox One games can be traded between friends, but only once per game. No fees is required for trading titles between friends. However your friend must be a friend in your Xbox Live account for at least 30 days before you can make a trade.

GAME RENTAL:

Microsoft says that there will be no option to loan or rent software at the launch of the Xbox One, but that it is "exploring the possibilities with our partners."

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION:

All Xbox One games will be available digitally and in stores on the day of release.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda bummed about the whole rental thing.  MS doesn't have a plan in motion but why don't they just copy a page from Sony and give timed-rentals, like an 72 hour pass or something. 

You can still play your games on your friends system though but you'll have to login with your gametag.  It's better than having it locked to one system though there's still plenty of people that this would effect, me included, since my nephew CAN'T get internet where he lives (yes there's still "dead" zones in the USA).

"

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Ken = Microsoft, Ryu = consumers

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Dear Microsoft:

Regards,
Shaymin
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
@ymeegod "why on earth would you live there" :rolleyes:

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I tried applying that Adam Orth quote to anything I wrote here and I don't get it. I think you mean @ymeegod due to his nephew living in a "dead zone."

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
the general reaction to the xbox one

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
Won't the cost of live go up since it's essentially mandatory now?

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop

Why? I haven't seen anything saying you need Xbox Live Gold to do it. There is already the free Xbox Live Silver, which I imagine would be enough for the verification.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Oh, hi shingi!..

Are you you insisting that I may be in league with lord ballmer.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile

Why? I haven't seen anything saying you need Xbox Live Gold to do it. There is already the free Xbox Live Silver, which I imagine would be enough for the verification.

My only reason to believe that this MAY be a possibility is all the talk about the power of the cloud.  If any significant amount of singleplayer games uses this feature(offloading AI, lighting, persistent world data...), it can be assumed that it won't be a free feature.  And walling off features in singleplayer games would hopefully be unpalatable even to MS.

Personally, I'm hating on this announcement.  And I'm having a difficult time understanding my initial reactions since I really love PC gaming w/ Steam.  Do Steam sales really offset the loss of "ownership" of the digital product?  Did their assertion that even if Steam were to, for whatever reason, have to shutdown that they would find a way to enable us to continue playing their games in perpetuity really assuage all fears of losing access to our purchases in the future?  Is MS really just that evil?

I think a big part of it might be the fact that I see this as MS just making a closed PC-like system with none of the benefits of a PC.  No customization, no choice of OS, probably locked into MS approved peripherals, no mod support, etc...  I would like to know in advance how many of their "exclusives" will end up on PC.  I know that in the past few weeks, Alan Wake's been trumped up as one of the best Xbox exclusives, but that ended up on PC as well. 

Offline ymeegod

• View Profile
My nephew's 8 so he really doesn't have a choice where he lives does he :0.  Also have a few friends that live overseas and they "can" get broadband but it costs loads--like $250 a month for freaking dsl. 

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
I was listening to 8-4 Play today and they had a bonus segment tacked on about the announcement.  They seemed to take great offense to the language about publishers "enabling" us to do the things we've always been able to do in the past.  I'm curious as to whether MS could have softened the blow on this announcement any if they had been able to craft their press release a bit better.

And for those of us that are not planning to purchase a One, are there ANY games by ANY dev that would sway your mind?  If MS comes out at E3 and really knocks it out, would you be willing to change your mind?  And for those who are purchasing, is this still a launch day buy?  Or do you wait a little while in the hopes that the blowback is so strong that MS possibly walks back some of their decisions?  For that matter, what if Sony comes out and announces similar measures?

E3 was already set up to be really interesting this year, and it just got a whole lot of drama piled up on top.

Offline Do_What

• View Profile
There is quite literally nothing they can do to get me to buy an xbox one before the autumn of 2015. By then the market of used games should have settled out and the digital market should be settled as well. If launch titles are still $30 and $40 on their store in 2015 and a lot of titles aren't playable used then I know this isn't a console for me.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline ymeegod

• View Profile
Yeah, I'm going wait and see about Xbox One.  Really depends on Sony and what they have plan for the PS4.  But I can wait for Xbox One to dropped into the bargin bin if I really needed to play some of it's exclusives.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I was listening to 8-4 Play today and they had a bonus segment tacked on about the announcement.  They seemed to take great offense to the language about publishers "enabling" us to do the things we've always been able to do in the past.  I'm curious as to whether MS could have softened the blow on this announcement any if they had been able to craft their press release a bit better.

And for those of us that are not planning to purchase a One, are there ANY games by ANY dev that would sway your mind?  If MS comes out at E3 and really knocks it out, would you be willing to change your mind?  And for those who are purchasing, is this still a launch day buy?  Or do you wait a little while in the hopes that the blowback is so strong that MS possibly walks back some of their decisions?  For that matter, what if Sony comes out and announces similar measures?

E3 was already set up to be really interesting this year, and it just got a whole lot of drama piled up on top.

They already softened the blow. While i'm seeing negative press almost everywhere, the general theme I get when I talk to people are saying microsoft allows used games and its just like the 360 only better. Also expect gamestop employees to evangelize this thing to hell.

i'll buy it regardless for the exclusives at some point but as it is my buting habits will be.

PS4 >Wii U> Xbox One

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
So apparently the Australian launch price for XBox One is $599.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/we-have-an-australian-price-for-the-xbox-one/

I am genuinely surprised by this.  I was expecting at least $700.

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
I don't know how to feel about MS right now.  On the one hand, they've really bungled up this launch so far.  On the other hand, they just can't stop eating crackers:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
So true.
UI screenshots

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
But guys! If you don't but the Xbone day 1 you won't get that controller with the little brand at the center. Oh and the exclusive achievement!
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
But guys! If you don't but the Xbone day 1 you won't get that controller with the little brand at the center. Oh and the exclusive achievement!

PREORDERED!!!!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
That day one stuff looks terrible on the controller.