Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791047 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Any chance that the gaming community could persuade Microsft to drop their used game fees and DRM? I mean there is n o way that non-Microsoft loyalists will buy the console. It is going to bite them in the ass over the long term.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
you forget microsoft is still one of the largest companies in the world, if they have to get a marketing team in they will

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
In short: No.
In long: F**k no.

The Four Horsemen of the Western Publishers (Activision, EA, Ubi and 2K) want it too badly.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
All three consoles have DRM, so why would that go away? As for used game fee, meh. I don't like not being able to get cheaper used games, but I will reserve judgement til we know more.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
In short: No.
In long: F**k no.

The Four Horsemen of the Western Publishers (Activision, EA, Ubi and 2K) want it too badly.

They will probably be the only ones that can afford to support the two systems.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Strangely for such a big publisher with an array of online games, Activision doesn't use online passes (at least for CoD they don't, i think). I can find some statements from them against used games sales, but they never went as hard on it as EA or even Sony.

I mean there is n o way that non-Microsoft loyalists will buy the console. It is going to bite them in the ass over the long term.
If the price is right and the games are appealing to you, "console loyalty" should never prevent you from indulging yourself.

I don't like what i saw about XBone. I loved XBone presentation for how stupidly misguided it was. Best tragicomedy i've seen this year.

But it's all about games. If they will show some amazing games at next E3, i might pick up XBone in a few years for 250$ or less for a pair of exclusives ;p
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Strangely for such a big publisher with an array of online games, Activision doesn't use online passes (at least for CoD they don't, i think). I can find some statements from them against used games sales, but they never went as hard on it as EA or even Sony.

Activision's the only 3rd party doing games-as-a-service with any success. Their console output at this point boils down to Call of Duty (which sells 10m+ in its first quarter + map packs by the truckload), Skylanders (which is a trojan horse for plastic crap), and various pieces of licensed... work... that get no marketing and still sell (see: Dead, Walking). Next year, they add Destiny, which works on the CoD model.

So basically, they don't need to worry about used sales because you're into the platform.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
So apparently Kinect can be turned off.  More details at E3 of course.  Must be a catch in there somewhere.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124447-Xbox-Ones-Kinect-Can-Actually-Be-Turned-Off

The question then becomes, why make it mandatory if you can turn it off?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I presumed Kinect is mandatory while the console is on since it's so reliant on voice instructions and such. My understanding is that Kinect would be always-on even when the console is powered down so it could listen to commands (e.g. "Xbox turn on") similar to how a TV can be off yet can still readily turn on when you click the power button on the remote control. The difference is that Kinect is a microphone and HD camera capable of seeing and hearing everything you do in front of it. Being able to turn Kinect off entirely without having to unplug it or the console would assuage spying fears though I think those fears would always be there just because of the kind of device it is.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:49:36 AM by Adrock »

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Any chance that the gaming community could persuade Microsft to drop their used game fees and DRM? I mean there is n o way that non-Microsoft loyalists will buy the console. It is going to bite them in the ass over the long term.

They will drop these things if their sales are low and they associate the low sales with these features.  That's it.  If you don't like it, don't buy it and try to convince your friends and family to do the same.  But even then MS might come to different conclusions based on poor sales.

The problem is that some Call of Duty/Madden player who lives in a big city with readily available and reliable internet and doesn't care about used games has no reason to give a **** aside from principles.  How often do people care about that which does not affect them directly?  My concern is that these people will make the Xbox One succeed.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Which wouldn't be a problem being in the free market. I still think that the used game DRM isn't as much as a problem as the online check. I know quite a few people who wouldn't care about the used games DRM but being always online would suck for them.
Saw this on twitter and my hype is rising.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Lots of rumors flying around.  I kind of want to be surprised, so I'm going to have to be careful from here on out not to spoil anything for myself.  If half of the things I'm seeing are true, it's going to be a very interesting E3.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I've been wondering how Microsoft Plans to get all the info they need out in 90 minutes but it seems they won't half to since they're taking a page out of Nintendo's book.
From Major Nelson
E3 is almost here, so I wanted to let you know how you can watch the Xbox E3 2013 Media Briefing show   
“Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed.â€
Watch the main event live at 12:30p ET/9:30a PT/16:30 GMT via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com. If you are in the US or Canada, you can also watch the broadcast on Spike TV. 
The show will be 90-minutes and be presented without commercial interruptions.
The full show will be available later in the day for viewing via video on demand on Xbox.com and Xbox LIVE.
PLUS That Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I’ll be hosting a live one-hour show from the show each day. During each hour we’ll take a closer look at some of the announcements, interviews with developers, gameplay and more.

The Name instills confidence that they plan to back up there all games talk.

Also apparently Microsoft has something for indies.
A report last week that the next Xbox console won't allow independent game developers to self-publish on the Xbox One gave people yet another next-gen Xbox thing to stew about. But Microsoft's Xbox chief says that Xbox One will have some sort of indie-friendly program.
 We're not necessarily in contradiction territory here but rather in—stop me if you've read this one before—the land of more-details-to-come.
"We're going to have an independent creator program," Don Mattrick, Microsoft's head of interactive entertainment (read: he's in charge of the Xbox), told me last week. "We're going to sponsor it. We're going to give people tools. We're going to give more information."
 Mattrick mentioned this during my brief interview with him regarding the future of game consoles. We didn't get into self-publishing and he declined to share specifics just yet. He did, at least, praise the success of Minecraft and other indie-developed games and cited his own career trajectory. He may be an executive now, but back in the day, he was a game designer, starting young with racing games such as Test Drive.
"That is something we think—I think—is important," he said of an indie program. "That's how I started in the industry. There's no way we're going to build a box that doesn't support that."
15 days till E3.[/t][/t][/t]
I'm guessing they're going to announce it at build 2013.
I just want to know if Microsoft is going to support streaming of games like the PS4 will. I know it supports recording of games but I really want livstreaming. [/td][/tr][/table]

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
tweeted Phil Psencer (vice president of Microsoft studio) and he replied and sent me another tweet this morning.

So 15 exclusives for the one from Internal Microsoft devs. 8 of them being new IP.
7 returning IP
1. Forza Motorsport 5
8 new IP
1.Qunatum Break
2.Ryse
Halo Spartan Assault was announced for WIndows 8/phone and will be a twin stick shooter, You play as Sarah Palmer one of the character's introduced in Halo 4 and one of the protagonists of the Halo Spartan Ops. It deals with some of the time period between Halo 3 and 4 which was covered in the current Halo novel series the Kilo-five trilogy. While the books dealt with the universes politics and building of the usnc Infinity, this is dealing with the first missions of the Spartan-IV program. NO multiplayer (which doesn't make sense) but it has cross platform cloud saves and playing the game unlocks content in Halo 4.
[youtube:BxsYQtltOco]
Lionhead announced Fable Anniversary for xbox 360. ITs the Orginal Fable and its PC only expansion pack the lost chapters on one disc. Graphics redone similar to Halo Anniversary and is going to be in 1080p. Achievements added as wella s new Gameplay enhancements. The game will support smarglass and have leaderboards,.

Disney also announced that Fantaisa game by Harmonix for 360/One.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kq0_dGKx4Os

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I probably should play Fable one day.  Shoot I bought a Fable themed 360 Controller for my Sister's Husband one year because they like the series.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
The Lost Chapters was NOT a PC-only expansion pack. It was released on Xbox and PC at the same time. I didn't even know there was a PC version before now.

Hopefully they shorten the load times (god, those load times were so annoying, I felt like I was playing a PS2 game because of how long they were). My only concern would be if they lengthened the game somehow. Considering the game was incredibly short (I beat the game TWICE in under 10 hours combined), I don't think they could justify it being more than $20-30.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Thinking of getting a PS4 instead of a one this year. Can wait for one till next year.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Thinking of getting a PS4 instead of a one this year. Can wait for one till next year.
WHAAAAAAAT?? ZOMG!!
I am seriously shocked by this as you are pretty much the reason this thread is so active most of the time. What factors have led to your decision, shingi?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
WHAAAAAAAT?? ZOMG!!
I am seriously shocked by this as you are pretty much the reason this thread is so active most of the time. What factors have led to your decision, shingi?
That Xbox One unveiling was one haymaker to the nads after another. That might have something to do with it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
I don't think it was too bad, and Microsoft already said before the unveiling that the focus on games would be at E3.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
WHAAAAAAAT?? ZOMG!!

Mostly I'm really liking Sony's messaging and a good chunk of it is aimed at me as a lapsed PlayStation fan. My first two console gens were Sony products mostly and than I ended up with a 36 due to the PS3's price point. Also Sony is being pretty good with its programs and how its dealing with independent studios. Also I missed a lot of JRPGS at the tail end of this generation so I'm going to prevent that from picking a console adopted by Japan first. It helps I planned to pick up a Vita for FFX.

I'd say the Xbox reveal had a bit to do to it. I was looking at the event from a  business and tech lover perspective, but not from that of a gamer's and watching the Playstation meeting and Xbox Reveal back to back that became more apparent.

Microsoft still has E3 to impress and i'll probably buy the console anyway as I like Halo, Fable, and Remedy.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
we all know how this console war will go...

the question is if nintendo and sony switch places...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I don't think it was too bad, and Microsoft already said before the unveiling that the focus on games would be at E3.
To each his own. I find the online and Kinect requirements troubling and whatever is happening with used games isn't helping their cause. Microsoft reps have either been dodging questions or giving vague/confusing answers. I hope they do a better job of explaining things at E3.

Still, I've committed to Wii U this generation and the One unveiling made me even more comfortable with that decision. Xbox always had the least amount of exclusives that appealed to me so they had to blow me away to garner interest from me. They did the opposite. The extra hurdles just reinforced that I didn't really want or need a One. To be fair, I wasn't impressed by the PS4 unveiling either. Both Sony and Microsoft are headed down a path I'm not crazy about. Despite the rough patch since launch, Nintendo's roadmap is still closest to what I want from a home console.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Don't get me wrong, based on the confusing statements about online and Kinect (they keep contradicting themselves), I have no intention of buying a Xbox One. It's a shame because I love the Xbox 360, but I don't want to have to check in online every day (I don't care about Kinect being required, though it sucks).

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Like I said Sony has me leaning toward them but E3 is only days away and bit can go either way. Microsoft does have am standee of having me in their ecosystem