Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791009 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
LOL Tom Baker. Trying to recall what ep that is from.
Face of Evil?
no clue, haven't gotten into classic who much,
doesn't help that there is only a trickle of it on netflix.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Since the Kinect camera and the Kinect microphone are always on, some people are voicing concerns about hacking and privacy.

Personally I think this is a great opportunity for third party hardware makers. I present, the Xbone Muffler by Mad Catz. Block the eye of the camera, cover the ears of the mike!

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Has this been mentioned yet?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-kinect-2s-visual-drm-functions-found-in-patent-file-report/

A patent for Kinect to see how many people in the room watching and will restrict access to things if there is too many.  Have to cough up some cash to allow access.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
There goes my annual Super Bowl party. :(
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
There goes my annual Super Bowl party. :(

From the conference: "Can you imagine what we could do with the Superbowl?"

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I read a comment on Ars Technica that mentioned that patent. I figured it was old. No thank you, Microsoft. The implications of that patent can kindly get the **** out of my face. I know that's not a definite, but Microsoft is obviously thinking about it.

Nintendo is the only console maker that hasn't given me a reason to not support them which is sad because they've gotten some very basic things wrong. The extent of them culling gamer habits is Miiverse and to a lesser extent, Club Nintendo. The difference is that those are voluntary. I can still play the console without ever taking part in either. Xbox One is more intrusive than PS4, but the implications are treading the same anti-consumer ground so I'll simply respond by not buying them.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
I read a comment on Ars Technica that mentioned that patent. I figured it was old. No thank you, Microsoft. The implications of that patent can kindly get the **** out of my face. I know that's not a definite, but Microsoft is obviously thinking about it.
There is also this:

It's a Sony patent.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
This is winning.

I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
This is winning.

You are behind in the times, I see.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Best .gif ever (besides the the Samuel L Jackson Team Fortress one).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:22:17 AM by Shorty McNostril »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:23:35 AM by Shorty McNostril »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Actually region locking would be "beneficial" in this case, because now they can implement their used games policy in US and ditch it in Europe/Japan due to legal reasons.

If Sony bends under EA's pressure regarding used game sales, region locking would be one way to keep Japan on their side.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
That doesn't specify whether all games will be region locked or if that's decided on a per-game basis (like the 360). International gamers such as myself need to know!

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
That doesn't specify whether all games will be region locked or if that's decided on a per-game basis (like the 360). International gamers such as myself need to know!

You are quite right.  Upon reading it again, it may be even worse.  It specifically mentions "country-specific".  Could they be taking region locking a step further and locking games (and subsequent extortionate prices) by individual country as opposed to larger regions? 

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
I don't think that would be realistic to want to spend more money to print more unique discs/packages than they do now for no real financial incentive in North America or Asia. Maybe there's a reason to do it in Europe or South America?

I mean there are a lot of things to worry about with the X-1, but I don't think super-specific-country-locking is one of them. Unless you live in Brazil. Maybe. I don't know.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
I don't think that would be realistic to want to spend more money to print more unique discs/packages than they do now for no real financial incentive in North America or Asia.

Would they need to?  From the looks of things thus far, the discs are for the initial install only.  The rest is done via digital codes. 

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
Well, the packaging would at least have to properly indicate what country the disc/code will work in, at least. But really, I can't imagine a scenario where MS splits up regions more than they already have. The financial incentive just isn't there.

I'm really looking at X-1 as MS wanting a digital-only system, except with a way for grandmas to buy games for you at Christmas. That's the only reason I can imagine for them keeping discs at all.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
-$1 billion investment in games
-15 titles in the first year of the console
-8 of the new titles are new IP
-New Head of Lionhead John Needham is an MMO expert. (Fable MMO incoming)
-Phil Harrison is the head of Microsoft Studios Europe
-Rare is going to revive an old franchise. (Killer Instinct)
-Microsoft Studios Osaka confirmed.
-Microsoft Studios Washington
-Xbox One is a platform built for flexibility
-Beefed up smartglass
-Partly curated online store
-will ensure smaller lower budget efforts get
Word's with friends is apparently coming to the system.

A photo from the xbox reveal with possible games.
I'm guessing
1.Quantum Break
2.A crackdown sequel
3.Forza 5
4.??? Looks like the game they showed when they were showing the OS stuff.
5.Halo franchise (I'm guessing Halo 2 remake is going to be for 360)
6.New IP from Rare
7. Ryse I Guess
8. Something from Lionhead I guess.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
I just thought of something else about the anti-used-game policy that really affects me personally.  My favourite store is Willow Video Games, which is a local chain.  I typically go there for used retro games but they naturally also have new games plus a big selection of used titles for the current systems.  I'm smart enough to realize that their bread-and-butter aren't old Colecovision games.  The used games for current systems would naturally be the bigger seller.  With the Xbox One not offering this as an option a whole section of their product disappears.  So what if they go under?  I won't buy an Xbox One and I'm not going there to buy used versions of new games for $5 cheaper (and they don't do that anyway; their used games prices are noticably reduced from the new price).  I'm mostly going there for old SNES and NES games but the elimination of used games could take all that down at the same time.  A big chunk of the store traffic is people looking for used games for current systems and this allows them to also offer much more niche retro products that likely could not support a whole store on their own.

I don't like the concept of locking out used games enough that I want the Xbox One to fail but now I see a way it could personally affect me, even if I choose not to participate.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I just thought of something else about the anti-used-game policy that really affects me personally.  My favourite store is Willow Video Games, which is a local chain.  I typically go there for used retro games but they naturally also have new games plus a big selection of used titles for the current systems.  I'm smart enough to realize that their bread-and-butter aren't old Colecovision games.  The used games for current systems would naturally be the bigger seller.  With the Xbox One not offering this as an option a whole section of their product disappears.  So what if they go under?  I won't buy an Xbox One and I'm not going there to buy used versions of new games for $5 cheaper (and they don't do that anyway; their used games prices are noticably reduced from the new price).  I'm mostly going there for old SNES and NES games but the elimination of used games could take all that down at the same time.  A big chunk of the store traffic is people looking for used games for current systems and this allows them to also offer much more niche retro products that likely could not support a whole store on their own.

I don't like the concept of locking out used games enough that I want the Xbox One to fail but now I see a way it could personally affect me, even if I choose not to participate.
This exactly what Microsoft wants sadly enough and is why I expect Sony to do it as well. This DRM means that gamers can only trade games in at authorized retails (gamestop, walmart, and other big chains) meaning the Console Maker/Publisher gets money from you either way.
I'm more worried on who this would affect rentals and services like gamefly.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Unfortunately for us the Writing has been on the wall for GameFly this whole Generation.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Unfortunately for us the Writing has been on the wall for GameFly this whole Generation.

Dang it, so much for the Weekend Confirmed podcast. :(

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile

Dang it, so much for the Weekend Confirmed podcast. :(
That would be the worst thing to come out of gamefly dissolving. I'm guessing Netflix dodged a bullet when they decided not to branch into games,