Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791043 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
I don't mind the name "Xbox One." It's fine. Plain, but I think that's the point. It's meant to gets out of the way. You're not supposed to think about it. "Want to play Xbox?" It's like back in the day when people said, "Want to play Nintendo?" No one is getting Xbox One confused with the original Xbox because Microsoft dumped it like eight years ago. They're not going from Xbox directly to Xbox One. I know this sounds like a double standard, but this is nothing like Wii U. The problem with the name "Wii U" is that the Blue Ocean people, presumably the entire reason Nintendo stuck to the Wii name, didn't and probably still don't know what a Wii U is because they were conditioned not to. Besides Live, Microsoft generally doesn't call things Xbox-something like Nintendo did with Wii (e.g. Sports, Play, Fit etc). Really, Nintendo should just call their next console "Nintendo."

Sessler mentioned in his reaction video that Microsoft should have gone the Apple route and just named the console "Xbox". Like new iPods, future consoles would be "the new Xbox" or the "# generation Xbox".
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Quote from: shingi_70
used games are bad for the industry as a whole.

Yeah yeah. And used car sales are killing the auto industry... Used TV sales are killing the TV industry... Bull ****.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
considering development costs vs reward, used games aren't very helpful to the industry as a whole

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
The Wii U has NEVER looked better than it does right now. No fucking joke.

Required internet connection? Effectively locking out used games? Forcing Kinect on me? STILL charging me for Xbox Live even though 2004 ended over eight years ago and such things aren't acceptable anymore? ****. OFF.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
considering development costs vs reward, used games aren't very helpful to the industry as a whole

You're right. I mean, used games just allow gamers to play a wider variety of games instead of restricting their purchases to specific games they interest at specific price points.

Let's continue to assume that the used video game market is totally different from any other used product market.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
so always online and no used games are apparently pretty much confirmed

now where did i put my popcorn,

You're right. I mean, used games just allow gamers to play a wider variety of games instead of restricting their purchases to specific games they interest at specific price points.

Let's continue to assume that the used video game market is totally different from any other used product market.
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming/

Offline Soren

• View Profile
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming/

Cool story, bro.

Industry: We're only going to make one type of game. It's going to cost us millions and you have to buy it at the full price point or else we'll go broke.
Consumer: I can't do that because I don't have enough disposable income. I'll buy a select few games new while trying out other games used at a lower price point later on. If I like it, I'll buy the next one new!
Industry: No, we can't do that. We'll just restrict the sale of used games, so you'll have to buy all our games new.
Consumer: Not really. I'll just buy fewer games.
Industry: ...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:37:13 PM by Soren »

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
Now these asshats are saying Phil Harrison was just outlining some "potential scenarios" but don't deny any of them.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353538/xbox-one-perform-recurring-online-checks-even-for-offline-play

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
it is such a double edged sword and the industry has found itself a very nice way to go on a downhill spiral

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/building-xbox-one-an-inside-look/
"We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment play." (at the 5:43-minute-mark)

]http://www.viddler.com/v/10738ac4?secret=81714898

Uh oh... Nintendo ruining the industry?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:42:45 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
4/10 - would not bang.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Soren

• View Profile

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
If you pay close attention, you may notice that they mention TV.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
I wonder if Sony will throw in the DRM now that Microsoft have made the first move.

They better. Right now SOny has said they plan to let publishers do what they want in the DRM regard. Honestly i'd rather go through one person fucking me (Microsoft) than multiple people. That was a really sad thing to say.

I'm so fuckng confused about this system tat it hurts. Still good word from the none gaming press and the guys in my braber shop were high on the none gaming ****.

Even the kinect always listening I don't care abou since Google knows more about me just by looking at how creepy Now is.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop

Did you watch the reveal or read any of the interviews? Because you would know neither are true.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
I can't wait for the new Call of Duty: Who Let the Dogs Out?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Soren

• View Profile

Did you watch the reveal or read any of the interviews? Because you would know neither are true.

Seeing as how Microsoft have spent the last few hours trying to discredit what their own VP said hours earlier I don't think anyone knows what's true or not.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Quote from: shingi_70
used games are bad for the industry as a whole.

Yeah yeah. And used car sales are killing the auto industry... Used TV sales are killing the TV industry... Bull ****.

Really aren't that comparable despite being so similar.

The TV Industry is dying and quickly changing due to pirating and what not. WHy do you think so many companies are obing to offer digital content. (house of cards, amazon pilots, Halo TV) Also HO can live off of GOT being pirated becuas ethey get payed a **** ton to eb exclusive too cable and networks. Why else you think they haven't went a la carte when they have the back catalog to do so.

Cars is a bit different and i'm not even going to pretend how that works.

We always complain about devs not meeting goals and **** shutting down yet we have no problem with taking money out of the Dev/Pub mouth and giving it directly too a third party. I've bought used games before and I know by a fact that i'm part of the problem.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Sony's stock has gone up 9%.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=SNE+Interactive#symbol=sne;range=5y;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

I think that has more to do with the rumor that the company plans to spin off the entertainment division than anything related to the XO.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
It's just one investor asking for it (large one at 6%, but just him), I haven't seen any reports that Sony is even considering it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Speaking of used games, I don't see why developers/publishers can't just receive a cut of the profits of used game sales.  At least like that they are making some money back without having to resort to these tactics.  The industry and consumers will regulate themselves in the long run.  If used sales are eliminated, that'll just mean a slight increase on some major releases and nitch/lesser known games getting hit hard.  Developers will still go under one way or another given the ridiculous development costs.  Nintendo has it right in trying to curb that. 

Anyways, on to the Xbox One and this generation in general.  The WiiU got me excited and I've yet to regret my purchase (due in large part because I'm a big Nintendo fan and I've enjoyed the system thus far) but the PS4 and, even more so, the Xbox One have left me completely turned off for what's to come.  This is the first time this has happened in my gaming life.  I think I still might get a PS4 in the long run but there seem to be more negatives than positives from what I've seen of the new Xbox. 

Looks like it'll be a PC/WiiU/3DS couple of years for me. 

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
The DRM thing may only hurt publishers if people who buy used also buy DLC. The publishers wouldn't notice the difference otherwise. If that is the case, then I think it could drive prices down, as more people will be better off waiting, which would cause more people to play the waiting game. Unless the market responds by giving us less annualized games at higher quality. So, maybe everyone will learn something from the experience (even if it hurts a bit).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Publishers would love to get a cut of used sales, but the problem is figuring out a way to do it. Microsoft is apparently going the route of having your games tied to your Xbox Live account and making you have to sell it for full price if you want to sell it.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Which will not be fun for GameStop (or anyone that sells used games).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.