Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791045 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I have a distinct feeling that Sony has been planning for this next gen longer then both Nintendo and Microsoft.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
I have a distinct feeling that Sony has been planning for this next gen longer then both Nintendo and Microsoft.
It's felt that way.  They announced at seemingly the right time (Nintendo announced over a year before the system released and MS has been said to be scrambling to put together a presentation, even delaying it a month from the original date they were going to use).  They seem to have software ready for it and they are not requiring an always-on internet connection for it to work.  I think MS wishes they could wait until 2014 to release their system, but feel it'll be too late.  Nintendo launched possibly too early but since the system is less powerful than the other two, they had to do it.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Been on a semi blackout plus a bit tied of all the rumors and such. But Two weeks with Google i/o next week to distract me.

Ars Technia is reporting that the system can be used online and the online only came from Dev kits having that feature to keep track of them.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/microsoft-next-xbox-will-work-even-when-your-internet-doesnt/

Lucid Games the racing studio made of former Bizzare guys and wh is rumored to be working on a PGR5 with Rare is showing their project mid may which falls with the xbox event.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Been on a semi blackout plus a bit tied of all the rumors and such. But Two weeks with Google i/o next week to distract me.

Ars Technia is reporting that the system can be used online and the online only came from Dev kits having that feature to keep track of them.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/microsoft-next-xbox-will-work-even-when-your-internet-doesnt/

Lucid Games the racing studio made of former Bizzare guys and wh is rumored to be working on a PGR5 with Rare is showing their project mid may which falls with the xbox event.

aww.... thats no fun....

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Looks like next gen blinked on the always online thing. I suspect they wanted it, but the leaks and the backlash convinced them it was a bad move. I mean, why have always online dev kits unless you wanted that option?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
MagicCow nails it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
IGN reports that the new rumor is Microsoft will let developers choose to do always online if they want.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Honestly, unless the platform holder themselves bars the company from doing always online, their is nothing really stopping them from doing it right now.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Looks like next gen blinked on the always online thing. I suspect they wanted it, but the leaks and the backlash convinced them it was a bad move. I mean, why have always online dev kits unless you wanted that option?

Probably too try and keep leaks to a minimum for some weird reason. Won't really matter if Individual games like Destiny will be online only anyway.

Its funny how even though this news comes from a very relabile source with Tom Warren and Paul Thurrot backing it up Gaf is still shitting the hypothetical while saying there  is't an sort of Sony bias.

I mean I see mods always stopping trolls in Sony threads but for whatever reason let this stuff happen in Nintendo and Microsoft threads.

For that reason alone i'm kind of hoping that the PlayStation 4 crashes and burns in comparison to the Wii U/Durango (or at least a slow start) and perpetuates the what Gaf usually wants to win loses.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
I just hope Microsoft doesn't make their next controller look as ugly as the PS4 one.

Also, what do you guys think of the new IllumiRoom concept that Microsoft is developing? I saw a concept video on YouTube, and it looks incredibly innovative.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I just hope Microsoft doesn't make their next controller look as ugly as the PS4 one.

Also, what do you guys think of the new IllumiRoom concept that Microsoft is developing? I saw a concept video on YouTube, and it looks incredibly innovative.

Its just a concept at this point and by the Microsoft Research team not the Xbox or Kinect teams. STill its probably five years out on a consumer scale.

Crash Course 2 came out today and its F2P with qhat looks like at first glance alot of nasty looking micro tranactions.

Just twelve days to the #XboxReveal.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:50:14 PM by shingi_70 »

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
So it looks like the PS4 and NextBox will be pretty evenly matched. And Sony seems to have learned from the PS3's bottlenecks; the PS4's 8GB of DDR5 RAM is amazing.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:50:19 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
I hope the controllers are reverse compatible so I don't have to buy new fightsticks.  I'm about 4% worried about this.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
So it looks like the PS4 and NextBox will be pretty evenly matched. And Sony seems to have learned from the PS3's bottlenecks; the PS4's 8GB of DDR5 RAM is amazing.

Where did you get your information about Xbox 720 from?  We have no real specifics about if they are evenly matched.  The probably are...but we really don't have confirmation.  Personally, I really want to see the Xbox 360 controller.  I hate...HATE the PS3 controller and I like the Xbox 360 controller except the D pad sucks.  So I am hoping MS can improve on that. 

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:52:47 AM by shingi_70 »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Unless they make Xbox Live free or get one hell of an amazing exclusive title I want, I don't really care about the next Xbox at all.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
So where are all the leaked pictures of the console and controller? PS4 was leaked constantly before it was officially revealed, but the next Xbox has been shrouded in secrecy.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Sony's leaks were most likely largely intentional. Most tech leaks are that way now, to build buzz. It would seem Microsoft isn't using that strategy.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Huh so Gametrailers is doing a pre-show and an After shw with Don Mattrick.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/51858/revel-in-xbox-content-before-during-and-after-microsofts-next-xbox-reveal

Also is it because Microsoft is an american company or liked more by non hardcore gamers than sony but I see alot of guys doing live shows for this reveal. The only guys who did something for the PS4 event was IGN and this time around Gametrailers, IGN, Theverge/Polygon, and engadget are planning stuff for before and after the Microsoft event.

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
Sounds like MS is saving most of it's "game" lineup announcements for E3 so tomorrow it's most likely just going be the hardware reveal and the "known" games coming like the next Halo, Forza, ect.

Don't expect to see to much surprises for software until e3.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Makes sense. I'm guessing COD: Ghosts, Alan Wake 2, and maybe a few things.

Next Gen Fifa will be there.

LOL EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile

So xbox reveal tomorrow which is a good thing for gaming. Decided to make a thread where we can talk about it.

[strong]The Live streams[/strong]
Gametrailers
IGN
Twitch
Nintendolife's sister site Purexbox]
Verge + Polygon

A few of the sites are also hosting pre and post shows.

IGN- Pre show featuring Ryan McCaffrey and Daemon Hatfield and Molyneux. starts at 9am pacific/12pm eastern
The verge- The verge's Joshua Topolsky and Polygon's Justin McElroy starts 12:30PM ET / 9:30AM PT
gametrailers- Dorrito pope and aftwerward Don Mattrick joins him. 9am PST/12 EST

stuff epected to be their

Call of Duty Ghosts
Fifa 14
EA UFC
Forza Vista or PGR five

Offline SonofMrPeanut

• (illegitimately)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
So here we are, very close to the facts.  Last chance to get predictions in, people.  Go nuts!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
The next xbox is actually Hal 2000 and Skynet put together.

Let's do this

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
So far we have a Roku.

edit: that looks like a DVR.

controller looks very similar to the 360 controller. Any hidden features?

how many minutes until a game is mentioned? 12 minutes in. kinda.

I remember playing with voice control on OS/2 Warp 4 in 1996.

Skype...

I can finally watch ESPN in my living room! FINALLY

Imagine what you could do with the Superbowl? I'm guessing lots of advertising.

So many games...  ;)

Okay usb 3.0 and 500gb hd is nice. although USB 3.0 isn't super useful yet.

was that a game 22 minutes in? maybe.

Wii Fit eat your heart out.

feedback in the triggers? okay, maybe it would be cool.

game recording like PS4. Game kinda spotted 26 minutes in! Soon we will have a full reveal of a game. maybe.

her comes the unprecedented partnership.

REAL game announcements only 29 minutes in! 12 month window, so some will miss launch.

Ignite? what happened to EVERYTHANG FROSTBITE DURPY DUR

I wish I cared about sports games

great football cutscene.

Real games!

So much for that, back to new media

The dogs were the best part of the presentation.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:14:58 PM by ShyGuy »