Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791006 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
On PC you can use the Dev commands which makes you a God of sorts. Once you enable it the game basicly becomes a 3D MS paint. If you don't like Farming or grinding, stay far away from this game if you are going to play it straight.

I see it as more of a toy than a game.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
I'm trying to wrap my head around why people are excited for yet another Minecraft launch. It has been on PC for years, Xbl for quite some time as well as Android. Is it just people reveling in sales or do people actually want to buy it despite it being available in a dozen other forms?
Probably reveling in sales. Minecraft has become extremely popular with kids but there are still a lot of people without internet. My younger cousin likes to play Mincraft on my tablet and my 360 every time he comes over. With this being $20 he's probably going to pester his mom until he gets a copy. I can see this doing really well.
Haven't really sat down and played minecraft proper since the android version is enough for me.

Also for all the mods and features the PC has the xbox Version is superior for the simple fact it has split screen gameplay.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Oblivion:  If you just described the entire game...you could not pay me to play that game...it sounds completely boring, and you lost me at farming for materials.  I hate that aspect of almost any game.

I spent three hours farming for a Titanite Slab in Dark Souls and I will never forgive myself for it.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Oblivion:  If you just described the entire game...you could not pay me to play that game...it sounds completely boring, and you lost me at farming for materials.  I hate that aspect of almost any game.

I spent three hours farming for a Titanite Slab in Dark Souls and I will never forgive myself for it.

But that was so damn fun. :3

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
So the Microsoft Research/Xbox team have been working on a smartwatch for a year now.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/17/4234294/microsoft-smartwatch-prototype-surface-connector

Microsoft's smartwatch is said to be in the prototype phase, with teams who have worked on Xbox accessories and the Kinect sensor focused on the device. We're told it features removable bands attached to a 1.5-inch touch display. One prototype includes the same magnetic power connector that Microsoft uses on its Surface tablets. The MagSafe-like connector is made up of five pins and can transmit both power and data, but we're told this is only a prototype and a final design may omit the connector.

Apparently it was supposed to be a Heart rate moniter fit bit/Nike+ style device to intergrate into Kinect playfit but eventually it was turned into a smartwatch.
I'm guessing where going to see it closer t Durango's launch with some new Fitness software to go with it.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
If it does all the monitoring those type of devices can then I be game.  None of the current ones really work with Windows Phone.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
If it does all the monitoring those type of devices can then I be game.  None of the current ones really work with Windows Phone.
Its the main reason why I look forward to this. I want a fitbit but also want to switch too Windows Phone as well.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Its the main reason why I look forward to this. I want a fitbit but also want to switch too Windows Phone as well.
Yeah, core UI I love my WinPhone but Apps and Accessories are a little lacking.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Frontier development (lostwinds, Thrillville) had a Xbox 360 game in the works that got shelved because of the major Kinect push.

Frontier Development’s follow-up game to its award winning ThrillVille series, was Microsoft Zoo. A game that aimed to take the venerable Zoo Tycoon franchise in an exciting new direction.

Part zoo creation and part animal interaction, this 3rd person adventure was all charm and lay the groundwork for what would eventually become Kinectimals. Zoo was also the first game in Frontier to use the then relatively new Scaleform SDK for its GUI development.

Zoo was aimed as a family product and the art style of the UI was designed to target the game’s key demographics of families and children “tweens”. With the GUI artist coming from a marketing background and having worked with the similarly targeted brands of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon, the goal was to design a GUI that was fun and inviting to use for kids and adults alike.

For the look of the GUI, inspiration was taken from junior arts, paper-craft and imaginary journals that could be kept by characters from adventures such as Treasure Island, Huckleberry Finn and Tarzan. Using mainly earthy hues, saturated colours and combined with hand drawn illustrations and woodcut style prints, Frontier aimed to create a rich and colourful interface that matched the vibrancy and charm of the Zoo game world.

The game looks to be a Zoo Tycoon with a more Viva Piñata gameplay style. It ended up getting canceled in favor of Project Animals better known as kinectanimals.
http://abload.de/img/0_78479300_134841473098aat.jpg[/img[/url]]
Seems unfortunate since this looks gorgerous and appeals to me more than Kinectamls that I here is actually a good game.

Also it seems that Microsoft Studios LA first major project is going to be a revival of the TV show heroes by Microsoft/NBC.
 http://tvline.com/2013/04/17/heroes-relaunch-msn-xbox/[/img]

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
So Microsoft is producing TV programs now? First PC software, then video games, now TV shows? What will they think of next? An Xbox music label?

I'm assuming Microsoft wants to become the next Sony, a company that has its hands in everything entertainment.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 05:31:46 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
So Microsoft is producing TV programs now? First PC software, then video games, now TV shows? What will they think of next? An Xbox music label?

I'm assuming Microsoft wants to become the next Sony, a company that has its hands in everything entertainment.
No they don't want to be like sony.....No one does.
The new game right now being able to offer compelling digital products as a way to kill or de power traditional network TV. Both Nextflix and Amazon have both invested into this heavily as well as Microsoft working on similar things in the past, (Halo shorts and Alan wake miniseries.)
Heroes is a pretty good TV show to try to revie since it was stupidly popular when it was on and still brought in good ratings despite 3 arguably two bad seasons later. The show also was pretty innovate at the time having digital short mini series in the summer as well as pioneering th weekly digital comicbook series.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
OXM dug some stuff while searching through job postings.
http://www.oxm.co.uk/52658/microsoft-job-listings-back-up-leaked-xbox-720-specs/

Durango is X86
-Black Tusk is hiring for a campaign engineer for single player experiences.
-They're looking someone with experience with Unreal engine
-They're also hiring for someone with experience in smartglass like features

Gels with past rumors about Microsoft going pretty deep in using Unreal Engine 4 this gena s well as they're internal stuff.

Also some guy from Xing Entertainment is corrbating the always online/no used games rumor. Honesly I think is bullshit to get his name out their. They have no prior experience with microoft or consoles in general and his sources sound made up when higher profle devs apparently haven't heard anything in relation to the nextbox, He also says Microsoft is trying to get as few retail partners as possible which doesn't make any sense.
Microsoft is trying to speed up the building of Microsoft stores as well as take retailers like Best Buy and create mini Microsoft stores. They even have a website where you can rate best buy experiences. Not only that but no way Microsoft will kill a good number of their holiday sales.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Microsoft has officially confirmed that they will reveal the new Xbox on May 21 at 1PM ET (10AM PT): http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/24/microsoft-confirms-next-gen-xbox-announcement-for-may-21st?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

The announcement will be streamed live on xbox.com, Xbox Live, and on Spike. They say it will be a taste of the future, and will fully unveil it at E3.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Wait a minute, Nintendo did that with the Wii for the Name.

New Xbox.  Stupid Name.  Feel the Future.

I don't think they are going to do that but, why would they split them.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Wait a minute, Nintendo did that with the Wii for the Name.

New Xbox.  Stupid Name.  Feel the Future.

I don't think they are going to do that but, why would they split them.

split what?

Also according to Geoff Keighley the event is going to be sixty minutes.

Its also a bit funny how people are saying Microsoft is doomed for having the event close to E3.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:19:42 PM by shingi_70 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Some info from Paul Thurrot who is a pretty reliable Microsoft Journalist.
Here’s what I know about the next Xbox (along with some clearly-identified conjecture).
Early announce. The initial reveal date was pushed back from April 24 to May 21 so that Microsoft could better position the device against the PlayStation 4, which Sony announced in late February.
Full (end user) announce. Microsoft will fully reveal details about the next Xbox, including the launch lineup of games, on the eve of the E3 tradeshow in early June 2013.
Developer announce? It appears that Microsoft will discuss the next Xbox developer platform at the Build conference in San Francisco in late June, based on clues on the Build web site.
Launch. The next Xbox will launch in early November 2013.
Windows 8 Core. The next Xbox is based on the "Core" (base) version of Windows 8. This suggests a common apps platform or at least one that is similar to that used by Windows 8, and further than Microsoft could open up this platform to enthusiast developers. (That last bit is supposition on my part.)
Price. Microsoft will initially offer two pricing models for the console, offering a standalone version for $499 and then a $299 version that requires a two-year Xbox LIVE Gold commitment at an expected price of $10 per month.
No entertainment box. Microsoft originally planned to offer both a “full” version of the next Xbox (with video game playing capabilities) and a lower-end entertainment-oriented version, codenamed “Yuma,” that did not provide video gaming capabilities. But plans for Yuma are on hold and no pure entertainment version of the next Xbox will appear in 2013 (or possibly ever).
Blu-ray. The next Xbox will include a Blu-ray optical drive.
Internet-connected. The next Xbox must be internet-connected to use. This is source of the “always on”/“always online” rumors and isn’t as Draconian as many seem to believe.
Another Xbox 360. Microsoft will also deliver a third generation Xbox 360 console this year that will be significantly less expensive than the current models. The new 360 is codenamed “Stingray,” but it’s not clear if this device is required because the next Xbox isn’t backwards compatible, or because Microsoft simply wants a low-cost entertainment box alternative. (A third possibility, and to be clear these possible reasons are all speculative: The 360 simply has life left in it and with dwindling component prices in the 8 years since the original launch, the firm can still make money selling such a device.)

also the new head of Lionhead is the former director fo Cryptic studios meaning at least one their projects is an MMO. I'm guessing a Fable MMO and a more traditional new IP rpg.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
MS is probably better off this way. Get a good feel for the reaction before announcing a price. Get to focus all on software/launch lineup at E3.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Nintendo did not do that with the Wii U.  The Wii U is a different name...as different as PS2,3 or 4 are.

The New Xbox is more of the idea stolen from Apple with the third and fourth generation iPads.  It appears Apple just wants to keep the name iPad without numbers, like most people think of an iphone as just an iphone...but the number is kinda there to help know your specs. 

I am actually OK with Microsoft dropping the 360 name, and not adding a new number.  Just calling it an Xbox  Marketing will be easier and pretty cool.  But I am sure collectors and such will hate dealing with the names being similar.  First generation and third generation. 

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I think just calling it the new Xbox will end up working for Microsoft. One of the big problems with the Name Wii was that Nintendo had a ton of  peripheral's that had Wii following the title. The name Wii U plus the marketing being solely on the controller meant people thought it was another add-o with the Wii U.

Microsoft doesn't have that problem and even in the Marketing of the 360 at various events they just call the 360 "xbox" and talk about it from a platform level. Rebranding their music and movie services as well as expanding the xbox brand really helped in that.

I hope on the 21st they redesign that god awful website.
And the release timing is a really good one starting the 21st and following the Hype to E3 and than going to build 2013.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Here’s what I know about the next Xbox (along with some clearly-identified conjecture).
Early announce. The initial reveal date was pushed back from April 24 to May 21 so that Microsoft could better position the device against the PlayStation 4, which Sony announced in late February.
Full (end user) announce. Microsoft will fully reveal details about the next Xbox, including the launch lineup of games, on the eve of the E3 tradeshow in early June 2013.
Developer announce? It appears that Microsoft will discuss the next Xbox developer platform at the Build conference in San Francisco in late June, based on clues on the Build web site.
Windows 8 Core. The next Xbox is based on the "Core" (base) version of Windows 8. This suggests a common apps platform or at least one that is similar to that used by Windows 8, and further than Microsoft could open up this platform to enthusiast developers. (That last bit is supposition on my part.)
Price. Microsoft will initially offer two pricing models for the console, offering a standalone version for $499 and then a $299 version that requires a two-year Xbox LIVE Gold commitment at an expected price of $10 per month.
No entertainment box. Microsoft originally planned to offer both a “full” version of the next Xbox (with video game playing capabilities) and a lower-end entertainment-oriented version, codenamed “Yuma,” that did not provide video gaming capabilities. But plans for Yuma are on hold and no pure entertainment version of the next Xbox will appear in 2013 (or possibly ever).
Internet-connected. The next Xbox must be internet-connected to use. This is source of the “always on”/“always online” rumors and isn’t as Draconian as many seem to believe.
Another Xbox 360. Microsoft will also deliver a third generation Xbox 360 console this year that will be significantly less expensive than the current models. The new 360 is codenamed “Stingray,” but it’s not clear if this device is required because the next Xbox isn’t backwards compatible, or because Microsoft simply wants a low-cost entertainment box alternative. (A third possibility, and to be clear these possible reasons are all speculative: The 360 simply has life left in it and with dwindling component prices in the 8 years since the original launch, the firm can still make money selling such a device.)

also the new head of Lionhead is the former director fo Cryptic studios meaning at least one their projects is an MMO. I'm guessing a Fable MMO and a more traditional new IP rpg.

Microsoft was going to make an Xbox that didn't play videogames? So those rumors about an "Xbox TV" set top box were true. But why call it an Xbox if it doesn't play games?

And having 2 SKUs that are $200 apart makes no sense, unless the more expensive one has more features like the Wii U Deluxe bundle.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
But why call it an Xbox if it doesn't play games?
Because the Zune Brand did not take off like Microsoft wanted to and they are rebranding all their entertainment efforts under the XBox brand.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile

Microsoft was going to make an Xbox that didn't play videogames? So those rumors about an "Xbox TV" set top box were true. But why call it an Xbox if it doesn't play games?

And having 2 SKUs that are $200 apart makes no sense, unless the more expensive one has more features like the Wii U Deluxe bundle.

Strategic rebranding of all their services under a popular brand name instead of the Zune name that doesn't have any weight around it.

It also allows for Xbox music and Video to be eventually integrated into the next generation version of live. Its similar to the android market and services being rebranded as Google Play.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
The Xbox 3 is already set to be DOA, do bing stupid and just calling it "Xbox" wouldn't surprise me the least since it seems Microsoft is trying its best to make sure the system fails.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
I am actually OK with Microsoft dropping the 360 name, and not adding a new number.  Just calling it an Xbox  Marketing will be easier and pretty cool.  But I am sure collectors and such will hate dealing with the names being similar.  First generation and third generation. 

As someone with a keen interest in videogame history calling this new system just "Xbox" will drive me nuts.  Forever we will have to specify if one means the original Xbox or the later one.  Though with the always-online nonsense there won't be a used "Xbox" scene anyway so the only games that retro gamers will even have access to will be those of the original Xbox.  "Hey, this store has used Xbox games" would automatically mean the one with Halo 2 and Panzer Dragoon Orta.