Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791117 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Steam has an offline mode. If the next Xbox has something similar people will be less upset about it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Steam has an offline mode.
It does have something that they call "offline".

If the next Xbox has something similar people will be less upset about it.
One of the main issues people seem to be having with it is that they have unstable connection that might turn off your network at any random time.

Steam's "offline mode" can only be activated while in online mode thus defeating the entire point.

Hence if you get disconnected you won't be able to activate this "offline mode" and you won't be able to start any of your games.

So i really hope those people who are angry at always online DRM don't use and like Steam, because otherwise that would make them huge hypocrites.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:04:09 AM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Steam's "offline mode" can only be activated while in online mode thus defeating the entire point.

Hence if you get disconnected you won't be able to activate this "offline mode" and you won't be able to start any of your games.

So i really hope those people who are angry at always online DRM don't use and like Steam, because otherwise that would make them huge hypocrites.

I don't know why you would think this, because this is not true. I just unplugged my ethernet and started a game to check and see if I was crazy or they changed it, but naw, you are just plain incorrect.

Unless it's different in your territory, or something? Check yo self

Offline azeke

• View Profile
Huh?

I've checked forums and it appears you're right, they've finally fixed offline mode after nine years!

I just remember how some years ago i had problems with my disconnected network and couldn't access any of my Steam games.

Cool! I take my words back.

Edit. From what i gather you still need to be online at least once per every new game. That's... acceptable i guess.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:27:05 AM by azeke »

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
Yeah, it seemed weird. I seemed to remember doing it around 2008 or 2009 for a LAN party. I thought it was always like that?

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
I play steam games all the time while being offline. I know because when I had clearwire for a month I was regularly without internet. It just didn't work. But I could play steam games. What I couldn't do was play my xbox live arcade games that I bought on my first xbox that broke. That's before I knew you could get the licenses moved over.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I like how we are talking about rumored and unconfirmed features as if it is the death of the system.  This will most likely be a 100% nonissue.  So lets not talk about it...until it actually is an issue.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Its funny how Titan and Destiny will be always online. Its also rumored that AC4 and watchdogs will be as well. So there's a good chance that regardless if the Platform holder decides on it most games will be always online anyway.
This isn't even new ground for Microsoft seeing as Ascend New Gods will not be playale offline.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
I like how we are talking about rumored and unconfirmed features as if it is the death of the system.  This will most likely be a 100% nonissue.  So lets not talk about it...until it actually is an issue.

And why can't we talk about it? IF it is true, its dead. If it isn't... well, good for Microsoft. I don't understand why we can't discuss rumors and what we think about them. Isn't that the point of forum discussion?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
edit: oops wrong thread

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Because we have already made that point, and both sides have argued their points, andnow there is literally nothing to add to the discussion. 

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
Are there any indications or rumors as to launch titles? I would settle for some soothing lies even, if they affirmed KI3.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Are there any indications or rumors as to launch titles? I would settle for some soothing lies even, if they affirmed KI3.
So far Microsoft has these studios and each studios last game.
United States
343i Industries (Halo 4- 2012)
Good Science Studios -(Kinect fun Lab- 2011 helped with backend Halo multiplayer stuff)
Turn 10 Studios - (Forza Horizon - 2012 but only helped a but while Playground games did the bulk)
Twisted Pixel- (Lococycle- sometimes this year)
Microsoft Studios LA- (Video content like what Netflix is doing with AD and house of cards)
Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment - (nothing but I think they helped with the TV games, Nike+, and playfit)
Microsoft Studios Mobile Gaming - (illomilo port- 2010)
Microsoft Studio -Redmond publishing (pretty new so not sure I think its mostly third party relations)
Platform next studios-
Skybox sports -
connected experiences- (helping with bigger studios)

Europe
Lionhead- (Fable the Journey- 2012)
Lift London (Phil Harrisons Pet project will be focusing on Windows 8 until it can get biiger)
Rare LTD - (Kinect Sports 2 - 2011)
Soho Productions (Seasme Street Kinect TV -2012)
Press Play- (Max and the cursed brotherhood hits sometimes this spring)
Canada
BigPark - (Joyride Turbo - 2012 and did a lot of work on Kinect sports 2)
Black Tusk Studios
Microsoft Studios Victoria

Out of all the studios where there are rumors for or at least intelligent speculation
US
343i will probably be working on Halo 5 alongside hopefully Spartan ops content. Halo 5 is going to be aways out and im not sure if a spin off game would be ready so soon. (I want a spin off by telltale)
Turn 10 is probably working on the next Forza game. While we might here about it i'm not expecting it too come until next year.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/forza-developer-turn-10-hiring-for-next-generation-of-games/

Twisted Pixel has a second studio working on a project that will probably be related to the Durango XBLA
Lionhead is a two team studio. They went through a lot of restricting following molyneux leaving a and Phil Harrison joining Microsoft Studios. They were hiring for what looks to be an MMO (or whatever you call the new bungie game). My guess is one Fable project and one non fable Project.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/lionhead-hiring-for-next-gen-mmo-like-title-6377252
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-10-microsoft-announces-lift-london-a-new-developer-focused-on-cloud-games-for-tablets-mobiles-and-tvs
Rare has recently went through a shake up with the fomer studio head leaving too become the creative director at Lift London. There are quite a few rumors out about rare starting with them being a multi team studio.  Last year before e3 Rare had Job postings point ing too games in the action/adventure or FPS drama. VGleaks the site that posted most of the leaks. The biggest leak/speculation is that Rare is working on Project Gotham Racing 5 with Lucid games. Details are below since its a lot of info.
ttp://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/12/rare-job-listings-point-to-next-gen-free-to-play
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11725-Rare-Working-on-Action-Adventure-/-FPS-Title-for-Next-Gen-.html
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518712
Black Tusk is working on whats supposed to be a sci-fi horror game running on unreal engine 4.
http://www.shogungamer.com/news/15050/microsoft-reveals-black-tusk-studios-rumored-making-sci-fi-shooter
http://www.shacknews.com/article/77683/black-tusk-studios-working-on-four-microsoft-ips

May have missed some stugg but this thread on gaf has a lot of stuff
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511206

as far as launch/window im expecting
PGR5
Kinect something
A platformer from Rare
Ryse
Alan Wake 2
Black Tusk Game

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Doesn't Nintendo have any stake in KI?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline azeke

• View Profile
^ That's one sad line-up.

And i thought PS4 lineup (from what was officially announced) was underwhelming...

We probably should expect more exciting stuff from second and third parties. Avalanche studios (Just Cause guys) are doing something, Epic is definitely doing something.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile

And i thought PS4 lineup (from what was officially announced) was underwhelming...

We probably should expect more exciting stuff from second and third parties. Avalanche studios (Just Cause guys) are doing something, Epic is definitely doing something.

How is it a bad Line up? I see new studios as well as new IP from both Microsoft and Sony. I mean if anything Nintendo's current known line up is looking pretty by the books as well.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile

If a third party isn't already announced it isn't a launch title (outside of ms ownedv3rd part games like gears). Third party games not 100% bought and paid for will all be crossgen the first year.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
Doesn't Nintendo have any stake in KI?
No, that property is 100% Rare currently

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
The verge apparently has more on Microsofts Entertaiment plans.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/10/4208970/next-xbox-tv-entertainment-plans
Microsoft is investing in TV in a big way with its next Xbox console as part of a fight for the living room. Multiple sources familiar with the company's Xbox plans have revealed to The Verge that Microsoft will introduce a feature that lets its next-generation console take over a TV and set-top box in a similar way to Google TV. We understand that the next Xbox will require an online connection to use the entertainment services, allowing them to be always-on for streaming and access to TV signals.
The functionality will work by taking a cable box signal and passing it through to the Xbox via HDMI, allowing Microsoft's console to overlay a UI and features on top of an existing TV channel or set-top box. We're told that this is a key part of the next-generation Xbox and that it will go a step further than Google's TV implementation thanks to Microsoft's partnerships with content providers. Extended support for various cable services will be rolled out gradually, but the basic functionality will be available at launch.
Coupled with this TV functionality, Microsoft's next-generation Kinect sensor will also play a role in the company's TV focus. The Verge has learned that the next Kinect will detect multiple people simultaneously, including the ability to detect eye movement to pause content when a viewer turns their head away from a TV. Microsoft is said to be using these capabilities as part of its UI and features for its TV plans.
Microsoft recently announced its plans to sell its Mediaroom IPTV business to Ericsson. The sale moves Microsoft away from supporting and helping build out software that's used in over 22 million set-top boxes worldwide. It's also part of an effort by Microsoft to focus fully on its Xbox console for entertainment apps and TV services. We're told that the company is still planning to introduce its own low-cost "Xbox TV" set-top box, but that this will likely debut early next year rather than alongside the next-generation console.
Microsoft is currently planning an Xbox event for May where we expect the company to detail parts of its next-generation Xbox. A spokesperson for Microsoft refused to comment on this story.
Sounds similar to Google TV or Nintendo's Tvii but more useful since the overall would probably always be there and they have been working on partnerships with cable companies.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
VGleaks posted a roadmap of the Xbox line of products and more Durnago deatials
http://www.vgleaks.com/microsoft-xbox-roadmap-2013/
-Microsoft plans to expand the xbox line with two models.
-One is Durango and the other is redesigned 360 model called xbox mini.
-The cheaper 360 model would be focused on being a set top a la Apple TV and wouldn't have a disc drive only playing games downloaded from the HDD.
- Mini is being designed for always online and to take advantage of xbox live
-Game can be played by purchasing or downloading from xbla/games on demand
-When used in conjunction with the Durango if offers Backwards compatibility for disc and download based games.
-Similar to what Sony is doing with Gaikai on a local level.
-Everything will run through Durango after connected
-These features won't work with current xbox 360 models for various reasons.
-Durango won't have BC out of the box and will really in a smaller xbox unit to do so. (like the HD-dvd add on for the xbox 360)
-Xbox Mini si made to compete against the apple TV/Roku
-Always online comes from the xbox mini since lack of a disc dive makes it useless without a connection.
-Consoles might be stackable
-Durango always online but it isn't required to play local content and it won't used games
-Putting in a360 disc will prompt a message saying but the BC add-on.
-By separating them this allows price competiveness between the two devices.
-Delaying the event to may is because like sony they don't have the final casing down but should have it ready by may.
-The Xbox mini would be $150 or lower and Durango priced similar to the PS4.
-A different department works on Kinect than the regular Xbox hardware division.
-Kinect isn't the primary focus.
-Devlopment Kits required several different hardware configurations which is where the Kinect is required rumor sprag from.

also superannuation at kotaku  was digging through some psotings and found some stuff.
http://kotaku.com/hints-of-a-next-gen-xbox-tv-strategy-a-multiplayer-qua-472072240?rev=1365607155
-Video Cognition team working on features for the next xbox
-Has stuff to do with content anaylyois to give recommendations (like Tivo/Netflix)
-Mentions something called XTV
-Next Gen version of smartglass is in protoyping stages.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Shingi:  Actually, I really like that direction, Microsoft is taking.

I know some people will hate it.  But it allows for some interesting ideas.  If you want perfect BC its there with a box that will probably cost around $150.00.  That price is fairly cheap (though pulled out of thin air so who knows) And if you have an Xbox 360 already you don't need to worry about that.

The always online feature is because you have to download titles...however, Xbox Arcade games were not designed to lock you out if you were not online, so you can most likely play your games offline. 

The new system will be able to cut BC costs out, and focus on the future of games without being hindered.  It will not have the always online BS people are complaining about. 

To me, this all sounds like Win/Win.

Now, hopefully Microsoft will rethink its online strategy and give us a price break on live or at least give us some more free features.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
But it won't play used games. That's a loss.

I wonder if I could even take a game to a friends place.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
But it won't play used games. That's a loss.

I wonder if I could even take a game to a friends place.
The VGleaks said it can run used games.
Seems Adam Orth was fired this week,

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Yeah, I think the won't play used games stuff is BS.  The only way they could get away with that is if they set up a system in which you can log in as multiple users to play games.  Then if a game is registered to you, you could play the game at a friends house, but then you have to be online to play a game at a friends house.  However, if you play at home then the system sees that it is your game online or off. 

However, I do like the idea of having a basic Xbox Arcade system that is cheap, and allows me to download and play Xbox arcade games.  The original Xbox has plenty of power to be able to run download games, and I could see Microsoft even upping the RAM of the hardware to help future proof it and try to get double dippers. 

I would be very interested in purchasing such a device for my home arcade needs. 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
$150 and it can only play games you download? Terrible idea. The most that they could charge for such a gimped system is $99 IMO. Hell, you are better off just getting a regular Xbox 360 since you can do the same thing plus play DVDs and disc games.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20