Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791190 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Meh...and Stingray is the codename of the Verizon version of the Motorola Xoom.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile

Tom Warren on the verge corroborated that May 21st being the day of the event. He however did point out that the stringray info paul had was wrong.
He did add this about the info.

There's no doubt that Durango will support always online and always on modes with Connected Standby. Durango is built from the core of Windows 8, which provides instant on and Connected Standby support. It's essentially an x86 machine that's optimized for gaming.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile

Tom Warren on the verge corroborated that May 21st being the day of the event. He however did point out that the stringray info paul had was wrong.
He did add this about the info.     
There's no doubt that Durango will support always online and always on modes with Connected Standby. Durango is built from the core of Windows 8, which provides instant on and Connected Standby support. It's essentially an x86 machine that's optimized for gaming.

metro confirmed
#!@&*% I BURNT MY POPCORN

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
But metro is a awesome design language. But was it really surprising when the current 360 dashboard is as metroized as Microsoft could get it to be.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Metro is a terrible interface for anything that's not a touch screen. There's a reason Apple uses different interfaces on Macs than they do on iOS devices, and it's that they're very different things.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
A $500 box, $300 subsidized.
That sounds right for the rumored specs, I think.

It's been so long since new consoles that it is easy to forget how expensive this hobby is, especially for the early adopter.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
God. Subsidised. Or, how are they going to make the working class pay more?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
If it's the same deal as the subsidized 360s they have now, it's $15 a month for 2 years, so $300 extra, but since that includes Xbox Live for those years, about a $100 value, you'd pretty much be breaking even on the subsidized model.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
So there will be a price cut in two years.  Fine...that doesn't mean value was lost.  After all the owner got those 2 years to play a system.

I don't like the system...but subsidized does allow some people to pay for things they can not afford.  In the end, it is just another option.  It costs you more in the end, but gives you benefits now.  And some people won't buy systems that are 2-3 years into a life cycle, because the system is half way through life...or close to it.  I haven't really done that ever.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Metro is a terrible interface for anything that's not a touch screen. There's a reason Apple uses different interfaces on Macs than they do on iOS devices, and it's that they're very different things.
Metro isn't on the same on Windows and Windows Phone. While they share a lot both share content in different ways (horizontal vs Vertical). Even ignoring my Ultrabook has a touchscreen my touchpad s pretty similar to the one on a MacBook and just using gestures works pretty well with Windows 8. But I see where your coming from I had to used Windows 8 on a non touch screen or good trackpad and it was more of a pain than I remember it being,

Microsoft selling their Mediaroom division so they can focus on Xbox as they're TV strategy gong forward.
 http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_blog/archive/2013/04/08/mediaroom-and-our-tv-journey.aspx

The following is a post from Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President of Marketing, Strategy and Business for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft.

Today, Microsoft and Ericsson announced a definitive agreement for Ericsson to acquire Mediaroom, the number one IPTV platform deployed by TV operators around the world. This acquisition is mutually beneficial and strategically aligned for both parties. Ericsson will continue to invest in the growth and success of Mediaroom to the benefit of customers, employees, and the industry. It allows Microsoft to commit 100 percent of its focus on consumer TV strategy with Xbox.

We are proud of the world-class engineering and business achievements within Mediaroom. They have a rich history of driving innovation in IPTV. As early pioneers, they built the infrastructure to stream video on limited bandwidth, and today they enable multiscreen entertainment experiences for pay TV subscribers. Mediaroom has contributed to the evolution of TV and powers 22 million set-top boxes today in 11 million subscriber households.

With the sale of Mediaroom, Microsoft is dedicating all TV resources to Xbox in a continued mission to make it the premium entertainment service that delivers all the games and entertainment consumers want – whether on a console, phone, PC or tablet. And with 76 million Xbox 360 consoles around the world with 46 million Xbox LIVE members, it is a mission that gets us out of bed in the morning.

It is not a mission that we can achieve alone. We want to partner with the industry to deliver the next wave of innovation in games and consumer entertainment. We will partner with content creators, studios, labels, networks, content aggregators, operators and distributors to make this happen. We believe the future of home entertainment is one where TV becomes more simple, tailored and intelligent. We believe the best is yet to come for this industry.

Our vision and energy for the future of entertainment is more focused than ever. Stay tuned.

It makes sense not focus this effort on xbox instead of having too competing platforms. It ts funny watching gaf freak the **** out when both sony and Microsoft have info saying more people are using these consoles for straight entertainment boxes instead of just gamng. They also seem to forget that gaming falls under entertainment and its own niche thing

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Except there will almost certainly be a price cut in two years.
This is why Thatcher died, she's satisfied that people are carrying on her evil legacy.

You do know political discussions are banned? And there is a reason Thatcher is considered one of the best world leaders of the 20th century. I wont get into it here though since unlike you, I will not break the rules.

I finally tried the Windows 8 interface at a store, and I hate it. I kind of hope it flops as badly as Vista did, so then they will not keep this interface.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
You do know political discussions are banned? ... I wont get into it here though since unlike you, I will not break the rules.
Except that you just did when you said this:

And there is a reason Thatcher is considered one of the best world leaders of the 20th century.
Ha! Burned!!!  :@ :@ :@
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
I didnt get into political reasons, nor did I start a thread celebrating her death (like RAB did).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Except there will almost certainly be a price cut in two years.
This is why Thatcher died, she's satisfied that people are carrying on her evil legacy.

You do know political discussions are banned? And there is a reason Thatcher is considered one of the best world leaders of the 20th century. I wont get into it here though since unlike you, I will not break the rules.

I finally tried the Windows 8 interface at a store, and I hate it. I kind of hope it flops as badly as Vista did, so then they will not keep this interface.
Er Vista was only a flop from the critical perspective. Irrc it sold pretty well but was quickly fixed with a service patch and Windows 7.
Would have to wonder why you didn't like it seeing as its literally Windows 7 with the Metro stuff added on. Maybe its because I've been conditioned by smartphones and tablets but I spend most of time in the metro stuff unless i'm using the internet. I mean the start screen is just the star menu with Notifications and live tiles.

Plus I can snap aps to always have twitter on the side

But on topic I was reading a  article by edge on why Microsoft not announcing anything was bad for gaming Journalist. 

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
My god, windows 8 sucks.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
It's the whole piss-poor metro design. Even with a touchscreen (which is how I tried it out), I hated it

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Its great on the Windows Phones it was tailored design for but, its obvious that a Bean Counter made the decision to transfer it without going threw the research the phone version had.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
It's really not that bad. Once you're actually using a program...it's basically the same Windows it's always been.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
I'm sure Windows 8 has plenty of good points... But it's hard for me to break out of my "skip-every-other-MS-OS" take on the Windows brand. I mean, my new laptop arrived last week and I went out of my way to make sure it was Windows 7 Pro with XP Mode support instead of Windows 8.

That may be not wholly rational, but it's my own consumer behavior. Plus, heck, I'm a PC, and Windows 8 doesn't look like a PC to me.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
So let me get this straight...

Durango has always on and constantly uploads video feed ro Microsoft through the Kinect. Talk about invasive.

Also it might not allow used games and it could cost 500 bucks? Who is this product for?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Hitler.

But seriously, I really feel like Microsoft are digging themselves into a hole. A GIANT one, mind you. The whole premise of this console just doesn't seem to mesh with the one country it primarily should sell well in - America.

I worry. But then, anything to make Nintendo look better in the eyes of core gamers in America is fine by me.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop

Durango has always on and constantly uploads video feed ro Microsoft through the Kinect. Talk about invasive.

Also it might not allow used games and it could cost 500 bucks? Who is this product for?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile

its for you to send to people you hate...
how much does it weigh i want to figure out the postage on sending one to Insanolord (with the 500$ bill on him)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
It struck me yesterday. Lots of people are raging over always online game platform and single player games requiring online.

Isn't that kinda hypocritical considering "always online" game platform that launched with single player game requiring online already happened in 2004?

And yet that single player game is considered one of the best games ever made by many despite that it had horrendous launch due to that online thing.

And that game platform is considered as gaming savior by many?

How's that possible? What do you think? Why the very same people singing praises to Steam and Half Life 2 suddenly hate always online?

Just a thought.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
I dont know about on PC, but the Xbox 360 version of Half-Life 2 does NOT require an Internet connection to play.