Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791050 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
yeah this is getting ridiculous somebody separate this
but in the meantime you could continue my debate on xbox live being systemwide on disc dlc on these forums

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
I created a separate thread for those that want to talk about Steam Box.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Well, I am really curious what Microsoft does with their Live service next generation...I really want Microsoft to again push the social envelope.  I would love for them to figure a way to get Skype calls with video to work while playing a game even.  I think video chat while playing could be the next social boom for gaming.

Of course, it is a feature you could opt out of or turn off.  Or just refuse the video feed, but still get audio. 

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Yeah I don't really want to look at someone's face while I'm playing a game. On my wishlist for features, though:
- Unlimited friend list size and ability to sort them into groups.
- Joinable groups like Facebook and Steam.
- Expand the beacon system: maybe have a "down to play" toggle for each game in your library.
- Needs giftable games

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Yeah, having a little box on the screen with your friend's face in it would have to be small enough to not distract from gameplay, which would probably make it too small to be useful.

Maybe something akin to (3)DS download play where I can virtually bring my copy of a game to a friend's house and we can play some form of multiplayer.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Well it depends on the game...but it would be a cool option.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I hate to say this but, I'm pretty sure you guys are describing the Goals of the PS4.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:15:33 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
I hate to say this but, I'm pretty sure you guys are describe the Goals of the PS4.
Sounds very similar, I agree.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Does the Sony "have your friend beat the game for you" feature require the other person to have the game?

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Does the Sony "have your friend beat the game for you" feature require the other person to have the game?
Probably.  Since the system is not out yet, there is no way to tell for sure as they haven't officially announced it as a standard feature yet.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
I found this inserting a cross buy game for Windows Phone and Windows 8. You guy the game on either platform nd get it on the other.  It looks to be some  strategy  game.

http://www.wpcentral.com/galactic-reign-windows-8-impressions

What I find funn is that they have a corss platform game with cross buy when they couldn't get corss buy into skulls of the shogun.  I suspect that there is no way for Cross buy to work on the current xbox and that's something that hurt the sales of the game. (Price didn't help either)
The Windows 8 xbox games store is growing at a steady pace (there are non xbox games in the windows store)

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Probably.  Since the system is not out yet, there is no way to tell for sure as they haven't officially announced it as a standard feature yet.

Ok. I never got around to watching the presser, so I didn't know. :(

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Some more information on Galactic Reign

Galactic Reign is a head-to-head game of tactical expansion and conquest. You and your opponent colonize planets, design ships, and build fleets as you fight for domination of the galaxy. Ship design is crucial, as you must predict what their opponent is building and construct ships to counter it. When opposing fleets meet, the battle is rendered on the cloud, showing the result in a stunning cinematic movie.  You and your opponent take your turns whenever you like, and the game advances when you both have submitted your actions. In addition to player vs. player strategy, Galactic Reign features an extensive collection of single player missions that challenge you to use clever ship design to defeat enemy fleets.
Other game features include:
> A trial mode that contains the entire game experience with a single species. Purchase the full version to unlock the other two.
> Experience the thrill of cinematic cloud-rendered battles.
> Play anywhere –battle your friends in online asynchronous multiplayer across Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7! You can download the trial and still have access to the additional content. Purchasing on other platforms will unlock the ability to gain achievements on that platform
> Choose from three different species, each with a unique look and arsenal.
> Personalize the look of your fleet with color selections and decals.
> Scan your opponent’s ships and research new technology to take advantage of any weaknesses.
> Multiple win conditions bring depth to the strategy layer.
> Hours of training missions and single-player scenarios to teach you the ropes and put your skills to the test.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/GalacticReign?feature=watch[/youtube]

I wonder if this is similar to the stuff that Lift London will be working on with the battle video be processed in the cloud so every scenario can be different.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:06:33 PM by shingi_70 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
So Press Play developer of the Wiiware game Max and the Magic Marker and the windows phone game Tentacles announced their latest game Max: Curse of the Brotherhood for Xbox Live Arcade.
I was honestly a bit surprised by  this. They were bought by Microsoft to work on  mobile games and Phil Harrison reiterated earlier this year.
http://pressplay.dk/games/max-the-curse-of-brotherhood/

When Max wishes for his annoying little brother, Felix, to be whisked away by unknown evil forces, he gets more than he bargained for. Armed only with an marker and a hope of undoing what he has just done, he sets out on a perilous journey across deserts, eerie lantern-lit bogs, ancient temples and lush green forests to get his younger sibling back. Along the way Max gains the powers to manipulate his environment and overcome seemingly impossible obstacles.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Funny I was just playing max and the magic marker last night on the wii. That game still holds up well and is perfect for wii. I did not know the developer had been bought by Microsoft. Too bad since it means their further efforts won't come to WiiU.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Microsoft announced they had bought Press Play during a press release the morning before their press Conference at last year's E3 conference. So far they have made a Max and the Magic port for Windows Phone and a another Original game called Tentacle: day of the dolphin.
Saw some interesting tidbits about the game on twitter.
-The game will be shown off at GDC next week.
-Game is built using Unity
-No Kinect or Smartglass support
-Will probably be in summer of arcade.

Video of a Presentation by AJ Grand-Scrutton CEO of Dlala Studios who is working inside of Microsoft's  Soho building (holds Lift London and Soho Productions) in an incubation process. Video is about ow the studio got started and how Microsoft is trying to help its image in the eyes of indie developers. So they're working in a situation similar to thatgamecompany had with Sony. They have a contact with Microsoft to work on a game for them (how many games wasn't disclosed) and Microsoft gets to keep the IP. In return Dlala is using space inside of the Soho building alongside Microsoft's two internal development studios. Dlala is paid as if they were normal Microsoft employees as well receive help from other studios and MS employees. By the time the game is complete Microsoft will have enough capital for Dlala to work as a completely independent studio and then go forward and go their separate ways. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft buys Dlala after the contract is up as a way to show independent devs that working on Microsoft platforms could have great benefits.
On that note i'm pretty surprised that Microsoft hasn't acquired signal studios yet as thye have worked on nothing but Microsoft platforms thus far. 
A new trailer for Twisted Pixel's Lococycle

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
The fine folks at VGleaks have posted screenshots of the xbox development kit for Durango.
http://www.vgleaks.com/durango-xdk/

The most interesting part however is this

The Xbox Live Arcade twitch account has a walkthrough of Ascend New gods as well as some new Windows 8 xbox games.
A new trailer for castlestorm showing off multiplayer on xbla.
Battleblock theater is out April 3rd for 1200 spacebucks

Also gears judgement is out in Europe on the 22nd meaning the date for a Durango event is between the 23rd to e3.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
If those are real (it's always prudent to be skeptical with stuff like this), it's a horrible mistake for Xbox 3 to REQUIRE Kinect to even operate. That will be reason enough for me and many people to not even buy the system. Would Microsoft really be stupid enough to do something that would guarantee a large number of Xbox 360 owners would not bother buying their new system?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I see a bunch of blank squares. DONT STEAL BANDWIDTH REHOST IMAGES

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
it looks authentic to me for the most part

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
If those are real (it's always prudent to be skeptical with stuff like this), it's a horrible mistake for Xbox 3 to REQUIRE Kinect to even operate. That will be reason enough for me and many people to not even buy the system. Would Microsoft really be stupid enough to do something that would guarantee a large number of Xbox 360 owners would not bother buying their new system?

Why do you say that if it comes with the system?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
A few reasons; one is that a lot of people don't even have enough room for Kinect. This means they can't even use it even if they want, so Microsoft would have to drop the distance to less than 6 feet. Another is that not many people are comfortable with the idea of having a camera staring at them be required to play their system (ESPECIALLY if the rumor of Xbox 3 requiring an always-on Internet connection ends up being true).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
The Durango SDK is Visual Studio 2012? I already have that...time to type up a game for Durango. Go buy it yourself and get in on the action, it's only $13,000.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:31:02 PM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Kinect 2.0 is rumored to use less distance to operate.

I think it was about 4 ft for one person.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
Video of a Presentation by AJ Grand-Scrutton CEO of Dlala Studios who is working inside of Microsoft's  Soho building (holds Lift London and Soho Productions) in an incubation process. Video is about ow the studio got started and how Microsoft is trying to help its image in the eyes of indie developers. So they're working in a situation similar to thatgamecompany had with Sony. They have a contact with Microsoft to work on a game for them (how many games wasn't disclosed) and Microsoft gets to keep the IP. In return Dlala is using space inside of the Soho building alongside Microsoft's two internal development studios. Dlala is paid as if they were normal Microsoft employees as well receive help from other studios and MS employees. By the time the game is complete Microsoft will have enough capital for Dlala to work as a completely independent studio and then go forward and go their separate ways. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft buys Dlala after the contract is up as a way to show independent devs that working on Microsoft platforms could have great benefits.
On that note i'm pretty surprised that Microsoft hasn't acquired signal studios yet as thye have worked on nothing but Microsoft platforms thus far.

So Microsoft being friendly with "indie" devs is them having an indie guy work in their office, be payed exactly like an MS employee and MS gets to keep all IP rights to what is created.

That sounds identical to working directly for MS, what is independent about any of that?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:28:25 AM by SixthAngel »