Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 790988 times)

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
oh and windows 8 metro down your throat(if they havent already)

tbh i imagine the 720 will bring a huge focus to kinect and even using it in conjunction with the standard controller
and i doubt we will see much of an update on the controller
maybe a better D-pad among other minor things

Have you used metro because its pretty damned intuitive on the Laptop im working on right now. Plus getting a sweet Asus touch screen ultrabook this weekend. 

Only real change I want from the controller is a better D-pad. They might pull a sony and change up the center of the controller as wel.
what if you dont have a touchscreen or touchpad like a desktop

Most people say it's not good for anything but touch interface though you can learn to work with it.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
I liked Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, but it's in no way a AAA title. I'm not saying Rare can't make good games, just that there's no evidence to suggest that they're capable of putting out anything on the level of their old hits. They could turn it around, but listing them as a AAA studio at this point is ridiculous.

I can agree with that though I would say Nuts and Bolts and Viva Pinata is up their with their past stuff.  Probably a bit iffy on what AAA means myself though.

@pokepal148

Windows 8 works a decently with a mouse but it does take loner to do stuff than if you were using a touch or feature based device.

I just want a semi open world next gen Perfect Dark reeboot which looks like this

Blended with the original game's style
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I would love to see a new, really well done Perfect Dark game. If they pulled that off, it'd likely get me to buy a 720 just to play it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
i believe rare will do kinect sports 18 more times this gen

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
i believe rare will do kinect sports 18 more times this gen

I do think they are working on at least one Kinect 2.0 game for launch. However to think that Kinect is all the studio would be doing is kind of wrong.

Beyond changes in Management of the studio the fact that BigPark did a lot of the heavily lifting for Kinect sports 2 says a lot about Rare working on Kinect games.

Not sure why people think Microsoft will be Kinect only when they have Phil Harrison over all their European front and Don't Mat trick over the whole shebang.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
I've wanted MS/Rare to put out Killer Instinct 3 at each XBox hardware launch as a pretty game to showboat the hardware. Kind of like DOA except good and interesting. Maybe it will finally happen this time but probably not D:

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
http://www.mcvindia.com/news/read/ian-livingstone-talks-next-gen-hints-at-always-on-used-game-blocking-xbox/0111409

Livingstone, who was one of the driving forces behind Eidos and its Tomb Raider franchise, was in India recently to promote Crystal Dynamics’ latest Lara Croft adventure.

On the possibility of boxed retail being abandoned in favour of digital distribution, Livingstone told MCV, “Boxed games aren’t being abandoned just yet. I think the next iteration of consoles – the PS4 and the next Xbox, have got optical disc drives even though they probably don’t want to have them. Broadband speed globally isn’t at a level that justifies digital-only.”

“So they’ve gone halfway,” he added, giving the example of Microsoft’s supposed next-gen approach, “With the next Xbox, you supposedly have to have an internet connection, and the discs are watermarked, whereby once played on one console it won’t play on another. So I think the generation after that will be digital-only.”

Not a confirmation, but worrying still all the same.

Do it MS, I'm eager to see how such a bold move plays out.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
http://www.mcvindia.com/news/read/ian-livingstone-talks-next-gen-hints-at-always-on-used-game-blocking-xbox/0111409

Livingstone, who was one of the driving forces behind Eidos and its Tomb Raider franchise, was in India recently to promote Crystal Dynamics’ latest Lara Croft adventure.

On the possibility of boxed retail being abandoned in favour of digital distribution, Livingstone told MCV, “Boxed games aren’t being abandoned just yet. I think the next iteration of consoles – the PS4 and the next Xbox, have got optical disc drives even though they probably don’t want to have them. Broadband speed globally isn’t at a level that justifies digital-only.”

“So they’ve gone halfway,” he added, giving the example of Microsoft’s supposed next-gen approach, “With the next Xbox, you supposedly have to have an internet connection, and the discs are watermarked, whereby once played on one console it won’t play on another. So I think the generation after that will be digital-only.”

Not a confirmation, but worrying still all the same.

Do it MS, I'm eager to see how such a bold move plays out.
yes thats exactly my stance
shove kinect and windows 8 down our throats also
and then anonymous hacks xbl and turns every 720 into a brick i love it

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Again how they are forcing it down your throat. Did baller threaten you family.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
no im just having a heyday though
and if you dont think that microsoft will make kinect a rediculously large part of the 720 well...

i dont have a bridge to sell you atm it's a recession

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
but blocking used games to remove the difference between physical and digital media makes perfect sense for microsoft given that their focus on multimedia with the 360 gives a huge obligation for the 720 to use blueray(which microsoft would have to pay royaltys for)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
If Microsoft requires Kinect in Durango, I'd consider that shoving it down my throat, especially if, unlike the Wii Remote or GamePad, Kinect isn't the console's main method of controlling games which it most likely wouldn't.

I'm less concerned about Windows 8 possibly being included. I was playing around with it at Best Buy and the only thing that madee raise an eyebrow (from that limited exposure to it) was that Minesweeper wasn't pre-installed.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
If Microsoft requires Kinect in Durango, I'd consider that shoving it down my throat, especially if, unlike the Wii Remote or GamePad, Kinect isn't the console's main method of controlling games which it most likely wouldn't.

I'm less concerned about Windows 8 possibly being included. I was playing around with it at Best Buy and the only thing that madee raise an eyebrow (from that limited exposure to it) was that Minesweeper wasn't pre-installed.

Minesweeper, solitaire, and mojang are free donwoloads in the windows store. Pinball has been replaced with zen pinball.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Your attempt to TJ Spyke me has failed. I know it's free. However, I prompted to log into a user account in order to download the game which I couldn't do because I don't have a user account in a store model. Maybe I could have made one, but I really just wanted to kill time while my friend dicked around with the Surface tablet. Please leave Spyking to the professional. He's better at it than you.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Requiring Kinect is no different than requiring the Gamepad or requiring EyeToy.  Consoles have less justification to exist these days so they shove in these dumb gimmicks to make them seem unique.  Every company is doing it.  I don't like it but you can't pick and choose who to get mad at regarding that.  You can't get on MS for forcing Kinect down our throats while giving Nintendo a free pass on the Gamepad (or motion control last gen).

If MS wants to block used games in a market where both Nintendo and Sony are not, then they can put that gun to their head.  That idea has no value to the consumer.  The concept can only work if the majority of the industry goes along with it.  It will certainly not work in a situation where only one company is doing it, particularly since the PS4 will likely have many of the same games.  Most of the same games and one allows used games and one doesn't?  It's a no-brainer which one the public will pick and which one Gamestop will be blantantly biased towards in their sales pitch.  Each Gamestop employee will gladly point out "by the way the Xbox 720 blocks used games while the PS4 does not" to every customer looking for a new console.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
but the gamepad is a fairly traditional controller(and the Wiimote and Nunchuck were fairly servicable as well)
kinect is dancing like an idiot in front of a camera
if its used with the standard controller then some interesting things could happen
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:44:10 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
but the gamepad is a fairly traditional controller(and the Wiimote and Nunchuck were fairly servicable as well)
kinect is dancing like an idiot in front of a camera
if its used with the standard controller then some interesting things could happen

wtf delete this please
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:47:41 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Requiring Kinect isn't even remotely close to requiring the GamePad. As has been pointed out many times before, it's a traditional controller. Additionally, it actually costs roughly what all 3 consoles manufacturers are charging for regular controllers sans screen. Nintendo is only grossly marking it up sold separately and for replacements. I recall reading NOA is charging $140 for a replacement. F that noise. If you're really worried about getting a raw deal on peripherals, you absolutely are on any console. Still, that's true of anything.

More importantly, requiring Kinect means there's a high definition camera pointed directly at your living space. If Microsoft is forcing that on consumers, back away not today, Disco Lady.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
I see the Gamepad the same way I see a Kinect as an unnecessary novelty control mechanism that is not generic enough to be a proper standard.  Obviously parts of the Gamepad are very conventional but the giant touchscreen is not and that is figured into the cost.  You pay more for what realistically should be an optional accessory.  The touch screen is forced on us just like Kinect is.

But it does not have the spying capacity of Kinect, which makes Kinect much worse.  Also I would argue that the touchscreen is much better a game controller than the Kinect is.  I see a touchscreen as something that some games can make effective use of, essentially as a substitute for a mouse.  Kinect is borderline worthless.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
The Game Pad is the Wii U's default controller while Kinect isn't the Xbox default controller.  This is why the two just aren't comparable.  The actual comparison would be forcing Kinect in every 720 would be like if Nintendo forced the Balance Board in every Wii U.  Kinect and the Balance Board are both peripherals that are required for certain games, have optional features for others, but are worthless for everything else.

Difference is Nintendo isn't requiring every Wii U owner to buy a Balance Board while Microsoft looks like they'll be forcing every 720 owner to get Kinect.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
kinect will be bundled with the 720 and it likely will be a huge part of the system
the only question is if it will coexist in perfect balance with the regular controller or if the controller will become some secondary thing
microsoft needs a standout and kinect can do that

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
kinect will be bundled with the 720 and it likely will be a huge part of the system
the only question is if it will coexist in perfect balance with the regular controller or if the controller will become some secondary thing

Mandatory Kinect would be a terrible idea, and would guarantee that me and millions of others would not even bother getting the system. I never had room for Kinect since you needed to be 6 feet away from it and I didn't have that much room, so I could never use it even if I wanted to. So if Xbox 3 does come bundled with Kinect 2, Microsoft would be foolish to make it mandatory to use with the system. If you need to use Kinect 2 to even power up the system, then that is millions of potential sales that will be lost just because of that.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile

Mandatory Kinect would be a terrible idea, and would guarantee that me and millions of others would not even bother getting the system. I never had room for Kinect since you needed to be 6 feet away from it and I didn't have that much room, so I could never use it even if I wanted to. So if Xbox 3 does come bundled with Kinect 2, Microsoft would be foolish to make it mandatory to use with the system. If you need to use Kinect 2 to even power up the system, then that is millions of potential sales that will be lost just because of that.
kinect 2 would need to fix alot of these things  for certain. but microsoft simply cant enter the race without some mass market appeal

but you guys are missing the big picture
what if the constant internet connection pans out and microsoft then slaps xbl on top of that.

in short: if you dont have live the system becomes a paperweight

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I'm just weary of having to use to use voice commands. My voice isn't good for that. I don't think it'll happen though. All 720s coming with Kinect 2? Highly plausible. Not having a regular controller? Malarkey. Sony has real controllers, Nintendo has real controllers, MS is not going to be the odd man out.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I'm just weary of having to use to use voice commands. My voice isn't good for that. I don't think it'll happen though. All 720s coming with Kinect 2? Highly plausible. Not having a regular controller? Malarkey. Sony has real controllers, Nintendo has real controllers, MS is not going to be the odd man out.
i never said it wouldnt i said the controller may see less use (imagine kinect as the wiimote and the controller as the nunchuck)