Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791054 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I don't know but since I accidentally posted in this thread, it will curse my unread topics page forever. I guess we were highlighting the importance of internet privacy when you use online services, such as that of the XBoxen?

Anyway, whatever Microsoft hurfs out for the next generation, it's probably a day 1 purchase for me barring any colossal fuckups. I got the 360 after I got a Wii and PS3, and ended up playing on the 360 almost exclusively, mostly due to it offering the best online play. That's the #1 thing I'm looking for and will look for in the next generation.
that is a problem i have with the forums

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I have to agree that Microsoft had one hell of an online package. 

Yes you had to pay for it, but I still believe you got a great deal, at least for the gold package.  Fast downloads, good matching, and party systems, a great list of downloadable games, demos, movies of upcoming games and it just seemed to work. 

I am worried about having to have an always online system.  I think forcing some sort of registration of a game be it seamlessly through online connection on bootup or through another means is more acceptable practice.  And I am curious to see how Microsoft improves its controller...specially the D-Pad.

I really wish I could support Nintendo this generation, because I love Nintendo games more than any other games, but Nintendo is just not doing it for me lately.  If I get a new system it isn't going to be Nintendo, it is probably going to be Microsoft. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:21:56 AM by Spak-Spang »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Banish Spak-Spang!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I have to agree that Microsoft had one hell of an online package. 

Yes you had to pay for it, but I still believe you got a great deal, at least for the silver package.  Fast downloads, good matching, and party systems, a great list of downloadable games, demos, movies of upcoming games and it just seemed to work. 

I am worried about having to have an always online system.  I think forcing some sort of registration of a game be it seamlessly through online connection on bootup or through another means is more acceptable practice.  And I am curious to see how Microsoft improves its controller...specially the D-Pad.

I really wish I could support Nintendo this generation, because I love Nintendo games more than any other games, but Nintendo is just not doing it for me lately.  If I get a new system it isn't going to be Nintendo, it is probably going to be Microsoft. 

yes but i just want online play, a store, and maybe voice chat.. i dont really care about the extras and i already have internet. what makes the xbox so special that i should pay a seperate fee just so somebody at microsoft can flip a switch and let me do things i can already do on the PS3 or Wii U(including online services like netflix that i'm also already paying for)
and the silver package you cant play online at all making some multiplayer only games outright useless
all your getting that isn't found elsewhere is cross game chat and some early dlc. 60 dollars is not worth it
people complain about on disc dlc and that's exactly what xbox live charges for

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Kinect has changed the Microsoft policy. They have changed the hardcore games for Kinect games. RARE abandoned IPs like Banjo, Killer Instinct for casual games. Only Halo, Forza and Gears of War stay with us.

Epic hinted a Gears of War only for Kinect. This game is called Gears of War: Tactics (temptative title). A RTS based on GoW franchise. We would like to show you pictures of this game, those pictures are extracted from a previous footage. The graphics are poor, obviously, the video showed a game in works, probably an alpha version, maybe more primitive.

In Tactics you can take the control of four players. Draw a path with your finger until the place you want to move the character and later you choose an action (or make and action and move later, like you want). One by one or groups, you have the control.

Epic Games were developing the game for Xbox 360, but now probably they moved the project to Durango.

http://www.vgleaks.com/gears-of-war-tactics-first-screens-alpha-work/

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
The quote above sounds like Xbox players are now feeling like some Nintendo players (ie: me) felt like with the Wii.  Casual stuff makes MORE money with a LESSER product.  Only principles towards game quality that stand ahead of monetary gain would truly keep a company from pursuing it.

But I've read it on other forums.  "Kinect has made a Microsoft go casual" is a somewhat common opinion.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
The quote above sounds like Xbox players are now feeling like some Nintendo players (ie: me) felt like with the Wii.  Casual stuff makes MORE money with a LESSER product.  Only principles towards game quality that stand ahead of monetary gain would truly keep a company from pursuing it.

But I've read it on other forums.  "Kinect has made a Microsoft go casual" is a somewhat common opinion.

Depends retail they have slowed down to only releasing Kinect and big tent pole core games like Halo. But they have been making a ton of games on XBLA which balances out IMO.

Its pretty evident that most of Microsoft studios (existing ones as well as new ones are done with 3the 0 and focusing on Druango.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Oops...My mistake on the post I meant Gold and not Silver package. 

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Oops...My mistake on the post I meant Gold and not Silver package. 
you still haven't answered my question

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile

Edit: looks like its not from the video but was leaked before it in relation with it.

Looks like earlier rumors of either loop or infinity  were on the money.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:39:15 PM by shingi_70 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Looks like alot of the early rumors may have some ground in reality.

pretty much just waiting to see if there will be 2 SKU's. one with a disc drive, and one more casual set-top box-ish without a disc drive. Everything else I can remember off the top of my head seems to still be rumored/leaked.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
triple skus if you count a new subscription/rip-off plan.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Im putting my Xbox live thing on a seperate thread before we get sidetracked. I thought it was a simple question

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
triple skus if you count a new subscription/rip-off plan.

Well by SKU I think he means just the hardware and not the ways to sell it.

And you might think its a rip off but there are tons a of consumers who will eat it up and if planned right Microsoft could grab some serious market share very quickly.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I wouldn't really call it a ripoff either. Cellphones have been sold like that for years. It's exactly the same principle. Now, if you feel that Xbox Live itself is a ripoff, then that's a different argument.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I wouldn't really call it a ripoff either. Cellphones have been sold like that for years. It's exactly the same principle. Now, if you feel that Xbox Live itself is a ripoff, then that's a different argument.
Depends on the price of the system itself
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 10:07:02 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Even if you include the price of the system and it is more expensive than buying the system start up and the Live service...it still may not be a ripoff.

You are getting a deferred purchase.  Buying something on credit, which has risk to the investor...being Microsoft, so interest in the form of a higher ending price for Live and the console after 2-3 years whatever is to be expected.  You can judge whether the end cost was worth the deferred payment or not, but you still were able to get a system for cheaper than you should have been able to buy it. 

Nothing is free, and that "benefit" costs in the end.  And it could be quite a huge benefit.  Imagine if you only had to pay $99.99 for the new Xbox instead of $499.99 you have just saved $300.00 which you could use to buy 2 games and another controller.  Which means for $260.00 for a new system two games and another controller to play with a friend.  That investment is fairly doable. 

However, 2 games and another controller and a new system could be out of reach for many gamers when it ends up costing $660.00.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
But that whole scenario also plays out if you just use a Credit Card.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Not everyone has a credit card, or enough room on a credit card to put a purchase that large.

Think about the children financially irresponsible and the monetarily deprived!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
If its below $1000 getting a card for it isn't hard.  About any retailer will do it.  Either way I think its a somewhat bad Idea but at least one way you can pay out early.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile

The difference with cell phones is you need a subscription so they can fufill their primary function. You have to have airtime minutes to use the phone! With a console, you can play a video game disc with no connection. At least you used to, we will see what shenanigans Microsoft and Sony get up to this next generation.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Airtime minutes ????

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Airtime minutes ????

That makes me feel old.  The actual service itself.  Having say an iPhone with no Cell Services makes it an iPod not a cellphone since it couldn't take call.  You need a phone to take calls and you need Airtime/The Network to receive the call.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
So according to Eurogamer the PS4 will allow used games to be played.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

This means if the rumors are true, the 720 would be the only system that blocks used games.  That would basically make the system dead before release.  If the Wii U and PS4 are getting the same multiplatform ports, then nobody expect the most hardcore Halo fans are going to even think about the next Xbox after discovering it doesn't play used games and the others do.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Rumour: Microsoft will not reveal next X-Box at E-3. It will wait until a week before PS4 launch and have its own blowout reveal press conference. Release date: June 2014.

I just made all that up. It is based on my reaction to the PS4 reveal.
Oui, Mon Gars!