Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 790984 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Well microsoft already does a lot of that. My Current Microsoft Account ID is conncted to most of these.

Outlook.com- My personal email adresss that I use for more important sign ups, school and jobs apps, and online shopping.

Skydrive- Cloud storage for files and photos. Got 25GB free for using it before the revamp over the summer. Skydrive also has the office web apps which are pretty good when I don't have office or a flash drive.

Xbox Live- All of my account info, gamerscore, purchases,  and cloud storage for saves.

Xbox Music and Xbox Video- Tracks all my music and video purchases like any other service. Free streaming on windows 8, with an optional music pass service similar to spotify. Also has a cloud storage feature so I just uploaded all of my personal music onto. Similar to itunes match or the Google. Music match.

Windows 8- synchs my user options, internet options, and stuff like what notifications I have on the lock screen and the wallpaper for the desktop, metro, and lockscreen across devcies.

Windows Store- tracks my purchases and what I have installed on each of my PCs like Google play does on the web. 

Windows phone- pretty much the same as the windows 8 and store just for windows phone.

Skype- Microsoft accounts=skype IDs from now on.

All of this works seemless around each other and intergrates with each other pretty well. For example I was playing scott pilgrim on my 360 and when I went to use my xbox the livetile showed scott pilgrim the game and how many acheivements I unlocked. Also my xbox music playlists synch between my xbox, windows 8 device, and windows phone. My tabs and brower as well through smartglass (throwing the webpage on my phone or tablet to the PC and vice versa).

Skydrive synchs my pictures as well as my files and I have the app set up on the metro and desktop side that it becomes my file system and whenever I save somthing its synched to skydrive and can be acessed elsewhere. 

When it comes to the eco-system and device game I think microsoft is doing better than most of the others in the computing game. With the surface and windows phone doing decent (slow but steady) and windows 8 doing really good on the software side (oems fucked the hardware side by making retails heavily dicount windows 7 hardware to clear stock before windows 8 launched leaving a lot of people not adopting first gen windows 8 harrdware) microsoft has a pretty good ecosystem.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
So Steve, care to explain why you're launching a Hockey Night in Canada app in the middle of a lockout?

Need a killer app for next fall after the 420 gets delayed?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I noticed that as well. Its odd the cbc app is still releasing when the american equvilent seems to be shevled intill the lockout is over.

Really wish microsoft would get MLS Live. I mean the sounders are sponsered by microsoft and have xbox on their Jeserys ffs.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Watching the microsoft E3 2005 confrence and its a good one. Its funny how their pretty much all about the games and only taking entertaiment once.

-Its been a long generation the 360 hit 8 years ago. The game between the xbox and the 360 were four.

- J Allard looks like lex Luthor-
-A montage of OG xbox games that were hitting that year.
-Dropping the dead or alive 4 exclusive bomb.
-Games for every demographic
-xbox 360 because the player is always in the center japan.
-The desgin was made by two studios in Osaka and San Fran.
-The old guide takes me back.
-lol people claping at xbox live silver
-This Presentation sounds much more like a trade show event compared to the advertising style of modern day E3s.
-Showing media stuuf through windows media center.
-The whole atmosphere is much more relaxed.n
Wonder if microsoft might pick up Devil's Thrid to try and have it come at launch. Igataki doesn't have a publisher any more and he worked pretty closly with microsoft for a good while.
-The stage is a 360 which seems uncomfortable for those facing away fromthe screen.

Now their showing off more xbox games

-Lost Odyessy by Hironobu Sakaguchi (must have been a megaton back in the day)
-Project Gotham Racing 3 (R.I.P bizzare creations)
-Ghost Recon 3 advanced warfighter
-NBA 2K6
-Kameo (Rare feeding the hardcore lol)
-Call of Duty 2
-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivian
-Gears of war
-Don Mattrick and the lame celeb trotting from EA.
-He just said madden zero six
-Final Fantasy 11
-Final Fantasy tech demo which. Looks like an uprezzed PS2 game.

Really makes me wonder how Microsoft plans to advertise the Durango compared to the xbox 360 launch.

Microsoft's current marketing looks like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_ldoEMw0lM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

While the xbox launch stuff was like this
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmlrGq66tCY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
So a few guys on Twitter have found the Majority of games that are going to be on sale for the xbox live holiday sale. The sale starts on Tuesday 18th December through to the 31st. Discounts are yet to be revealed.

General XBLA

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Zuma's Revenge!
The Simpsons™ Arcade Game
Wreckateer
Plants vs. Zombies
Peggle Peggle™ Nights Content Pack
Fire Pro Wrestling
SONIC 4 Episode II
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
RAW
A World of Keflings
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space
Kinect Party
Jet Set Radio

General Games on Demand

TBA

General Avatar Accessories

Air Force Flight Helmet
Army Humvee
T-Rex
Triceratops
Husky
Golden Retriever
Abominable Snowman Outfit
Sports Car

dec 18th
[url=http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-12-18-modern-warfare-3]Modern Warfare 3

Modern Warfare® 3 [GoD]
Collection 1 DLC
Collection 2 DLC
Collection 3 DLC
Collection 4 DLC

Dec 19th
Lego Games

LEGO Batman [GoD]
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga [GoD]
LEGO Star Wars III [GoD]
LEGO® Indiana Jones™ [GoD]
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean [GoD]
LEGO® Indiana Jones™ 2 [GoD]
LEGO® Harry Potter™ [GoD]

Dec 20th
Platformer Games

Fez
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Sonic Adventure™ 2
Rayman® Origins [ GoD]
Rayman 3 HD
Mark of the Ninja
Trine 2

Dec 21st
Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire [ GoD]
Red Dead Redemption [ GoD]
Max Payne 3 [ GoD]
Midnight Club: LA [ GoD]

Dec 22nd
TBA

Dec 23rd
Summer of Arcade 2012

Dust: An Elysian Tail™
Deadlight
Hybrid

Dec 24th
Trials HD & Trails Evolution

Trials HD
Trials HD - Big Thrills
Trials HD - Big Pack
Trials Evolution
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain

Dec 25th
Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder
Rock of Ages
Mini Ninjas Adventures
Leedmees
Fruit Ninja Kinect
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season

Dec 26th
TBA

Dec 27th
Borderlands

Borderlands [ GoD]
Borderlands 2 [ GoD]
Borderlands 2 Season Pass

Dec 28th
The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead Episode 1
The Walking Dead Episode 2
The Walking Dead Episode 3
The Walking Dead Episode 4
The Walking Dead Episode 5

Dec 29th
Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts [ GoD]
Cars 2: The Video Game [ GoD]
Crash Of The Titans [ GoD]
Toy Story 3 [ GoD]
Crazy Taxi The Splatters™

Dec 30th
Fighting Games

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Street Fighter III: Online Edition
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre

Dec 31st
Elder Scrolls

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [ GoD]
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion [ GoD]
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine

Looks like a Good sale and microsoft seems to be listening after a lot of compliants over the horrid black Friday and xbox live anniversery sales.

I'm guessing the two that are two be announced are going to be for for Microsoft Studios Mature Games and Probably something Forza or twisted pixel related. Hoping Minecraft is put onsale but that isn't likely. 

I feel that Wreckateer has been on sale a lot since coming out and was given away for free a few weeks back.

So far I'm going to try and grab

A World of Keflings and all its DLC
Mark of The Ninja
Dust: an elysian tail
Deadlight
Hydro Thunder
Banjo and Kazzoie: Nuts and Bolts
Virtua Fighter 5

They haven't put up how much the discounts will be but I'll post them as we know.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Totally haven't posted in a while

So the London studio is being helmed by Phil Harrison and is called Lift London. Its focus will be making games for tablets, phoned, TVs and the cloud. The head of the studio is being headed by former rare guy Lee Schuneman.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-10-microsoft-announces-lift-london-a-new-developer-focused-on-cloud-games-for-tablets-mobiles-and-tvs

The sound of Lift London seems to be an Incubation studios similar to that of Sony Santa Monica and they're first project is working on a new IP with indie developer Dlala Studios.

Seems like Harrison is really helping organize Microsoft studios.

Also in the article

Former Rare head Scott Hensen is now the head of Lionhead after spending the year working with Harrison.

Craig Duncan is now the head pfb Rare. He used to be of Code masters and Sumo Digital.

Brian Stone is the head of Soho productions that make the Two Way TV games. (The 2nd season of each launched last week.)

Harrison outlined the new Microsoft Studios developers in Europe as it stands now: Rare, Lionhead, Soho Productions, Press Play, based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and now Lift London.

Harrison said Microsoft is building an external development organisation to extend the reach of its developer relationships in the UK and across Europe. This will manage and support production outside of Microsoft with a raft of companies.

"The key thread that runs thorugh this and our future is the shift from packaged products to connected entertainment services," Harrison said. "That is the thread you will see us develop over the coming years. It's not a change we're going to make immediately. We will continue to support retail products with our key releases for sure.

"But everything we do will have increasingly deep social and additional features that are reliant on the network, that are unlocked by the network and enhanced by the network through Xbox Live and beyond. That's the key strategic shift we're making with our business, moving from being a maker of packaged products to being an operator of connected services.

"You will see that in the people we hire, the companies we partner with and the business models we develop and the creative expression we bring to life on all of these platforms."

Seems like Microsoft is slowly getting its stuff together.

Age of Empires online is no longer being supported with new content but will be continued to be supported just as a game. Really hope Microsoft decides to revisit the brand in the future.

Skulls of The shogun is releasing next week for Xbox, windows phone, and windows 8.  Hopefully the game doesn't get over shadowed by Fire Emblem Awakening.

Also Tequila Works the studio being the XBLA game deadlight is working on a new IP for a major Publisher running Unreal 4. Current guess is that the studio is Microsoft as they have been rumored to be investing in using unreal 4 (lion head and black tusk) and had apparently won deadlight in a bidding war against Sony.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
I'm okay with Microsoft and as software developer i appreciate what they do with all those APIs (DirectX, .NET, ASP.NET) and usually great and extensive documentation.
As a user it's hit and miss with them. Office is okay, Visual Studio is workable but really gimped unless using third-party solutions such as Refactor, Windows is great though once in a while they do really dumb stuff (remember web interface in Win 98, yeahhhh....).
As a gamer i'm indifferent and slightly wary about them. I bought Gears on PC (thanks for broken saves, CliffyB) a few years ago and bought xbox this year for a few exclusives (Bayonetta, RDR, MK9, Vanquish and such) which i don't use much. Not gonna buy Live Gold on principle.

Really can't see myself buying any of the "next-gen" console apart from Wii U year one. I can get eye popping graphics on my PC right now, and if "the grafix" is gonna be the most important feature they have i will be more than fine and dandy with my Wi U+PC+3DS combo.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Visual Studio is workable but really gimped unless using third-party solutions such as Refactor
Just want to mention that Microsoft is on the record of saying they purposely left some of those features out simply to allow their Partners to fill those niches.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Where did they say that? I find it hard to believe.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Truth to the Durango & PS4 rumors!?

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/145830-industrial-espionage-amd-files-suit-against-former-employees-for-alleged-document-theft

4 ex-AMD employees, who all work for Nvidia now have become the industries 4 Dumbest Criminals

AMD has filed (and been granted) a request for immediate injunctive relief against multiple former employees that it alleges stole thousands of confidential documents. Named in the complaint are Robert Feldstein, Manoo Desai, Nicholas Kociuk, and Richard Hagen. All four left AMD to work at Nvidia in the past year. The loss of Feldstein was particularly noteworthy, as he’d been the head of AMD’s console initiatives for years. Feldstein was behind the work that landed AMD the Wii U, PS4, and Xbox Durango.
[...]
Furthermore, the company states that it has evidence that Hagen and Feldstein directly recruited Desai and Kociuk as well as attempted to solicit other employees from AMD. It then details the contents of specific folders and emails that were apparently transferred to external storage, and the list is pretty damning. Desai and Kociuk discussed how to eliminate evidence of transfer from their AMD systems. The named defendants ran Google searches for how to copy and delete large numbers of documents. Over 150,000 documents related to AMD desktop and laptop design were transferred before Kociuk turned in his resignation to AMD.

anyone think Nvidia will take some heat for this?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Truth to the Durango & PS4 rumors!?

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/145830-industrial-espionage-amd-files-suit-against-former-employees-for-alleged-document-theft

4 ex-AMD employees, who all work for Nvidia now have become the industries 4 Dumbest Criminals

AMD has filed (and been granted) a request for immediate injunctive relief against multiple former employees that it alleges stole thousands of confidential documents. Named in the complaint are Robert Feldstein, Manoo Desai, Nicholas Kociuk, and Richard Hagen. All four left AMD to work at Nvidia in the past year. The loss of Feldstein was particularly noteworthy, as he’d been the head of AMD’s console initiatives for years. Feldstein was behind the work that landed AMD the Wii U, PS4, and Xbox Durango.
[...]
Furthermore, the company states that it has evidence that Hagen and Feldstein directly recruited Desai and Kociuk as well as attempted to solicit other employees from AMD. It then details the contents of specific folders and emails that were apparently transferred to external storage, and the list is pretty damning. Desai and Kociuk discussed how to eliminate evidence of transfer from their AMD systems. The named defendants ran Google searches for how to copy and delete large numbers of documents. Over 150,000 documents related to AMD desktop and laptop design were transferred before Kociuk turned in his resignation to AMD.

anyone think Nvidia will take some heat for this?
Probably not but I wonder how they were being mistreated for them to attempt that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
You don't think Nvidia will take heat for soliciting employees who then conspired to steal confidential information to bring with them, but we're also stupid enough to talk about it in company monitored emails?

Who knows what other stupid stuff they were talking about in those emails.

Could be a case for corporate espionage.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
You don't think Nvidia will take heat for soliciting employees who then conspired to steal confidential information to bring with them, but we're also stupid enough to talk about it in company monitored emails?

Who knows what other stupid stuff they were talking about in those emails.

Could be a case for corporate espionage.
With the Skillset these people have NVidia is the only other game in town.  I doubt they even had to recruit them if they had that much disregard in the end.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It says in the quoted portion of the story that they were solicited though, so it would only be a matter of proving a connection between recruitment and the theft.

And I didn't read the whole story, so I don't know if they point out what else was stated in their bone headed emails and Google searches.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
When exactly did the guys leave and join Nivida.  I would assume their would be a non compete clause for these companies.

Apparently Microsoft has briefed a few developers on Kinect 2.0 and there are dev kits out in the wild
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/386816/next-gen-xbox-motion-control-kits-in-circulation/
According to a games developer familiar with the situation, Microsoft has already briefed a number of studios on the next phase in its motion control initiative. Future Xbox plans are so tightly guarded, however, that the source has not seen the development kits in person.

Microsoft is set to replace the Xbox chat platform with Skype
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/386889/microsoft-to-replace-xbox-live-voice-chat-with-skype/
A person familiar with the matter said Microsoft will be "consolidating all their communications technology" around the Skype platform. This means that Skype will become the default chat service on the next generation Xbox console as well as on PC and tablets, the person said.

He added: "You might jump to the conclusion that we'll see asynchronous voice and video messages in next-gen Xbox Live".
Microsoft's $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype in 2011 was marked as the software giant's largest ever acquisition in its forty year history. The corporation has since opened its own Skype division within Microsoft, headed up by Skype's former Chief executive Tony Bates.
In November, Microsoft announced it was preparing to close its instant message chat service MSN and replace it with Skype's messaging tool.
A recent job advertisement revealed Microsoft was seeking a user interface designer for the "next gen Xbox". The job location was said to be at Microsoft's UK-based Skype offices.
"The team you'll join is responsible for Skype in the living room (broadly the home), across various devices but with a focus on the large screen and the next generation of Xbox," the job ad reads.

Microsoft also announced on the Playxbla blog their third free to play game a Sequel to Full House Poker
http://playxbla.com/wsop/

Today Microsoft Studios announced the most visually stunning digital poker game on the market—”World Series of Poker®: Full House Pro.” Coming Spring 2013 and available on Xbox 360 and Windows 8, “World Series of Poker: Full House Pro” takes the Xbox LIVE Arcade hit “Full House Poker,” to a whole new level. Poker players can build their bankrolls as they compete against opponents from around the world while personalizing their experience with flashy avatar accessories, amazing chip tricks, and real-world casinos.
”World Series of Poker: Full House Pro” is true to the WSOP brand, giving players the authenticity of a live WSOP event, delivering the most realistic poker experience possible to TVs and Windows 8 devices around the world. Gameplay features include:
> Free-to-Play—Jump in and play with real competitors any time, day or night.  Don’t worry about losing your chips either, because each day you will receive a free stack of chips to kick start your climb up the leaderboard where you can challenge players at any level you wish.
> With a constant stream of updates and new content, there will always be a reason to come back and see what’s new.
> Pick up and play across Xbox 360 and Windows 8 platforms. This means you can resume your game anytime, anywhere.
> Variety of Game Modes – From single-player mode, to single-table games and full-blown tournaments, you never need to worry about finding a game that suits your style.
> World Series of Poker on ESPN announcers Lon McEachern and Norman Chad provide commentary during play, giving gamers the authenticity as if they were on ESPN playing in the WSOP.
> Delve into the single-player game and learn the ropes before jumping online to test your mettle with specialty games including eight head-to-head Pro Takedowns, and an All-in Pro Takedown Tournament.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
It says in the quoted portion of the story that they were solicited though, so it would only be a matter of proving a connection between recruitment and the theft.

And I didn't read the whole story, so I don't know if they point out what else was stated in their bone headed emails and Google searches.
Hagen and Feldstein went on their own is how I read that and then recruited the other one.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I may have misread as I was doing it in increments during training breaks...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Well to get back in topic.... anyone want to catch me up on the latest rumors?

Last I hard was 8core CPU, 8GB RAM, HD88XX GPU & a large HDD going by the name Xbox8 (or infinity) and currently code named Durango. Set for release at or near the end of 2013.

Is that out dated?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
That seems to be the current rumor

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=507325

Also its rumored that sometimes between now and march going to be announced.  My guess is a reveal at GDC but Microsoft is holding an event later this month but that's rumored to be for Surface Pro or Office 2013.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
So VG247 is showing rumors that Orbis > Durango in raw power but be weaker in other areas.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/17/showtime-ps4-rumoured-at-1-84tf-xbox-720-at-1-23tf/

Developer sources, speaking after meetings at CES, have told VG247 that the next PlayStation, codenamed Orbis, will have a run-capability of 1.84 teraflops. Conversely, the next Xbox, codenamed Durango, will be able to achieve 1.23 teraflops.

If true, these numbers mean PlayStation 4 will have a 33% raw, computational power advantage over Xbox 720.

While PS4 will have greater grunt that 720, however, the Microsoft machine has significantly more RAM at 8Gb, we’ve been told. Our source said that 3Gb is reserved for the OS, apps and security, leaving 4-5Gb for games.

Orbis will have 4Gb of RAM, said our source, of which 1Gb will be reserved for for OS, security and apps, leaving some 3Gb for games.

Both machines will supposedly have have the ability to read 100Gb Blu-ray discs.[/quote[

Another website Now gamer is reporting the opposite though. Both seem to agree that info from closed doors meeting at ces about both console are about to leak.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Aaaaaaaand I have to question just why do these machines need that much power? Sheesh. I mean, unless Pixar is planning on jumping into game development, then I don't see the need for game consoles that push that much power.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Aaaaaaaand I have to question just why do these machines need that much power? Sheesh. I mean, unless Pixar is planning on jumping into game development, then I don't see the need for game consoles that push that much power.
Because they can and need to vastly overcome what mobile devices will be able to do.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Wouldn't that be more what newer handhelds should do then? I've never thought of my home console experience as having competition from an iPhone, Android device, or Windows phone... and I don't foresee that happening for me any time soon either.

3DS, sure. But as long as mobile devices don't have D-pads, analogue sticks, and buttons, they're nowhere in the same league as my 3DS or Sony's Vita/PSP.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Because they're trying to future proof the console for the next 7+ years. Same reason why the 360/PS3 were big jumps for their time.  You have to remember that the 360 has been out for nine years.