Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791045 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox720 - that's 2 full revolutions - not till 2014? ~Rumor/Speculation Thread~
« Reply #1100 on: September 28, 2012, 07:55:08 PM »
So Microsoft are livestreaming the presidential and Vice-presidential debates on xbox live. They also livesyreamed all of the DNC and RNC events that happened this month.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/elections-2012/home

Also xbox rewards are having a deal that if you watch 3 of the 4 debates you get a free halo 4 avatar award.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Xbox720 - that's 2 full revolutions - not till 2014? ~Rumor/Speculation Thread~
« Reply #1101 on: September 28, 2012, 07:59:05 PM »
I plan to watch the debates, but on TV. Meh, maybe I will have my Xbox 360 on anyways. I couldn't care less about Halo 4, but I love free swag.

Speaking of Xbox 360 rewards, Microsoft started a program to reward people based on their Gamerscore. If you have a Gamerscore of 3,000-9,999, you are a "Contender" and will get a special gift in your birthday month (though they don't say what it is). If your Gamerscore is 10,000-24,999 you are a "Champion" and get both the special gift and a 1% rebate on every Xbox Live Marketplace purchase (i.e. you buy a 1200 point game and you will get 12 points back). If your Gamerscore is 25,000 or higher you are a "Legend" and will get the special gift and a 2% rebate on Xbox Live Marketplace purchases.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:09:18 PM by TJ Spyke »
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: September 28, 2012, 08:38:45 PM »
Are the debates going to be aired on loco television. I planes to view the. On my xbox as last election they were only on Cnn and cspan iirc.

I'm at the champion status in the rewards twirl. I wonder how the rebate works. I planned to buy a season pass of a few shows but would that count for one purchase or every episode.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 28, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
I plan to watch the debates, but on TV. Meh, maybe I will have my Xbox 360 on anyways. I couldn't care less about Halo 4, but I love free swag.

Speaking of Xbox 360 rewards, Microsoft started a program to reward people based on their Gamerscore. If you have a Gamerscore of 3,000-9,999, you are a "Contender" and will get a special gift in your birthday month (though they don't say what it is). If your Gamerscore is 10,000-24,999 you are a "Champion" and get both the special gift and a 1% rebate on every Xbox Live Marketplace purchase (i.e. you buy a 1200 point game and you will get 12 points back). If your Gamerscore is 25,000 or higher you are a "Legend" and will get the special gift and a 2% rebate on Xbox Live Marketplace purchases.

Compared to PS Plus, that's a terrible deal. I'd rather have free online play and the perks of PS Plus (free game downloads, beta invites, automatic updates, etc.).
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1104 on: September 28, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »
You must be talking about the primary debates. The 3 Obama-Romney debates (and the 1 Biden-Ryan debate) will be aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, as well as all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News Channel and MSNBC among others.

shingi, I would assume it counts towards when you actually make the purchase. Since you are making one purchase (like when you buy season tickets for a sports team, you make one purchase), you get the rebate for that.

tendo, it's a free reward (PS Plus requires a membership, and you lose those rewards when you end the subscription).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 28, 2012, 09:08:48 PM »
THIS THREAD IS GETTING DANGEROUSLY POLITICAL!
And on Fox News they will only be showing Mitt Romney's answers and edit the moderators so it sounds like they are saying "President...Romney."
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: September 28, 2012, 09:22:53 PM »
You cant compare xboxnlive to pen+. Also its pretty likely Sony is going to charge for online play next gen.

That and free Espn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Free Games imo.

PSn will always be inferior this generation because.

1) Sony doesn't run the game servers like Microsoft does. When say a game like Shawn white snowboarding closes ot servers on PS3 the game will still be able to be played online on the 360.

Also xbox live will be getting the whole season of some syfy show days before anyone else. Xbox its for the gamers.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 28, 2012, 10:05:55 PM »

You cant compare xboxnlive to pen+. Also its pretty likely Sony is going to charge for online play next gen.

That and free Espn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Free Games imo.

PSn will always be inferior this generation because.

1) Sony doesn't run the game servers like Microsoft does. When say a game like Shawn white snowboarding closes ot servers on PS3 the game will still be able to be played online on the 360.

Also xbox live will be getting the whole season of some syfy show days before anyone else. Xbox its for the gamers.

I. don't. care. about the multimedia functions. I just want Microsoft to make more games damnit!

Sony pumps out new 1st-party games every month, so why can't Microsoft be that dedicated with their own games? Microsoft should buy more studios and fund more exclusive games.

All Microsoft has right now is Halo, Gears of War, Forza, and a few indie teams making XBLA and Kinect games. It's actually quite pathetic compared to Sony's 1st-party output.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:07:33 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 28, 2012, 10:53:57 PM »
Studios Microsoft owns
US
343 Industries
Connected Experiences
Good Science Studios
Kids's and Lifestyle Entertaiment
Microsoft Studios Redmond Publishing
Microsoft Studios Mobile Gaming
Platform Next Studios
Playful Learning
Skybox Studios
Turn 10 Studios
Twisted Pixel
Xbox Live Productions

Europe
Lionhead
Microsoft Studios London
Rare LTD.
Soho Productions
Press Play

Canada
Microsoft Studios Vancouver
Microsoft Studios Victioria
BigPark

Microsoft published games released this year
 Halo 4
Forza Horizon
 Fable: The Journey
 Dance Central 3
 Kinect Sports: Ultimate Collection
 Kinect Sesame Street TV
 Kinect Nat Geo TV
 Nike+ Kinect Training
 Kinect Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure
 Kinect Star Wars
 Charlie Murder
Super Time Force
Dragon's Lair
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
South Park: Tenorman's Revenge
Fable Heroes
Deadlight
Sine Mora
Dungeon Fighter Live
Bloodforge
 Fez
The Splatters
Joe Danger: The Movie
Haunt
Happy Action Theater
Spelunky
Skulls of the Shogun
Trials Evolution
 BattleBlock
Theater Fire Pro Wrestling
Dust: An Elysian Tail
 Diabolical Pitch
Crimson Dragon
Homerun Stars
Minecraft
Mark of the Ninja
Wreckateer
Joy Ride Turbo
Happy Wars

Not including windows phone and windows 8 games either.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 28, 2012, 11:12:38 PM »
Studios Microsoft owns
US
343 Industries (Halo series)
Connected Experiences
Good Science Studios (Kinect Fun Labs)
Kids's and Lifestyle Entertaiment
Microsoft Studios Redmond Publishing
Microsoft Studios Mobile Gaming
Platform Next Studios
Playful Learning
Skybox Studios
Turn 10 Studios (Forza)
Twisted Pixel ('Splosion Man, The Gunstringer)
Xbox Live Productions

I haven't even heard of most of those studios (the ones I have heard of are in bold). I'm guessing most of those companies make small XBLA and Kinect games, not the big-budget games that Sony's studios make.

How do you know about all those smaller studios? They aren't listed on Microsoft Game Studios website.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1110 on: September 28, 2012, 11:25:01 PM »
Microsoft is just distributing Dance Central 3, Harmonix is publishing it themselves. Ska Studios is publishing Charlie Murder. Super T.I.M.E. Force is being published by Capybara Games (and it's a 2013 release anyways). Spelunky was published by Mossmouth. BattleBlock Theater is from The Beheamoth and has no release date yet. I can't even find any information on Fire Pro Wrestling for Xbox 360 other than it is developed by Spike and uses Avartars (can't find a publisher or if it even has a real release date or title).

Connected Experiences, Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment, Microsoft Studios – Redmond Publishing,  Platform Next Studios, Playful Learning, Skybox Sports, Microsoft Studios – London, Press Play, Microsoft Studios Vancouver, and Microsoft Studios Victoria have not made any games and they are only working on "untitled projects".

tendo, not surprised. Of the ones you said you haven't heard of, only 2 have made games that are out or even announced.  Microsoft Studios - Mobile Gaming made ilomilo (for Windows Phone 7, Xbox Live Arcade, and Windows 8 ). Xbox Live Productions published the Xbox Live Arcade games South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play and South Park: Tenorman's Revenge and made Avatar Kinect.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:30:03 PM by TJ Spyke »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 28, 2012, 11:29:45 PM »
There shouldn't be any debates unless they invite the 3rd party candidates as well.
is your sanity...

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 28, 2012, 11:31:12 PM »
Fire pro wrestling came out wensday. How does those studios being untitled discount their exstience when most are fairly new and probably working onnext gen projects.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 28, 2012, 11:35:05 PM »
Microsoft is just distributing Dance Central 3, Harmonix is publishing it themselves. Ska Studios is publishing Charlie Murder. Super T.I.M.E. Force is being published by Capybara Games (and it's a 2013 release anyways). Spelunky was published by Mossmouth. BattleBlock Theater is from The Beheamoth and has no release date yet. I can't even find any information on Fire Pro Wrestling for Xbox 360 other than it is developed by Spike and uses Avartars (can't find a publisher or if it even has a real release date or title).

Connected Experiences, Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment, Microsoft Studios – Redmond Publishing,  Platform Next Studios, Playful Learning, Skybox Sports, Microsoft Studios – London, Press Play, Microsoft Studios Vancouver, and Microsoft Studios Victoria have not made any games and they are only working on "untitled projects".

tendo, not surprised. Of the ones you said you haven't heard of, only 2 have made games that are out or even announced.  Microsoft Studios - Mobile Gaming made ilomilo (for Windows Phone 7, Xbox Live Arcade, and Windows 8 ). Xbox Live Productions published the Xbox Live Arcade games South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play and South Park: Tenorman's Revenge and made Avatar Kinect.

Again, how did you find out which studios Microsoft owns? They aren't listed anywhere on the Microsoft or Xbox websites.

It's the same situation with Nintendo's 1st-party studios. They aren't listed anywhere on Nintendo's corporate site. So how do people find this stuff out?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1114 on: September 28, 2012, 11:36:23 PM »
There shouldn't be any debates unless they invite the 3rd party candidates as well.

All candidates are invited if they meet these criteria:
1)They have to be on enough state ballots to be able to win the election (i.e. 270 electoral votes)
2)They have to get at least 15% in 5 national polls

Barack Obama (Democratic Party), Mitt Romney (Republican Party), Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party), and Jill Stein (Green Party) meet the first criteria. Only Obama and Romney meet the second. Anybody can join the debates if they meet those 2. It makes no sense to have people participate if they have no chance at winning.

To stay on topic, they are here tendo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios_(game_studio)#Software_development_studios

shingi, where is info on the FPW game? Because I found zero info online. As for those other studios, they should hardly be counted as this moment when they have no games made and whatever game they are working on has no name of info.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 28, 2012, 11:39:49 PM »
To stay on topic, they are here tendo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios_(game_studio)#Software_development_studios

Anywhere but Wikipedia. I need an official list from Microsoft's (and Nintendo's) own sites. If the general public can't find official sources, then how do the contributors at Wikipedia know this stuff?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:41:28 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 29, 2012, 12:14:57 AM »
Here you go
 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Fire-Pro-Wrestling/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a82

Its pretty fun from the trail I played.

Also. If you go into microsofts job sites you can find most of the studios coupled with various press releases.

For example the london studio was just opened two weeks ago and is focused on windows 8 games and is helmed by former rare staff. Skybox studios was only mentioned in a internal document and in the microsoft carrers website.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 29, 2012, 12:29:55 AM »
Here you go
 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Fire-Pro-Wrestling/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a82

Its pretty fun from the trail I played.

Also. If you go into microsofts job sites you can find most of the studios coupled with various press releases.

For example the london studio was just opened two weeks ago and is focused on windows 8 games and is helmed by former rare staff. Skybox studios was only mentioned in a internal document and in the microsoft carrers website.

Former Rare staff? The people that left Rare after Microsoft bought them? Or the Rare that worked on Kinect games?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1118 on: September 29, 2012, 12:36:38 AM »
Former Rare staff? The people that left Rare after Microsoft bought them? Or the Rare that worked on Kinect games?

Well, the studio is being headed by Lee Schuneman. He worked with Rare from 1996 (starting with Donkey Kong Land 2) to 2010 (ending with Kinect Sports).

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 29, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »
Say an intresting post on another forum theroizing what the next xbox would be like based on what microsoft is doing in other areas and the leaked document.

What do you think of this type of future for consoles. I remember the document being even more cusomizable. They gave the example of playing gears of war while having an espn sports ticker on the bottom of the screen.

Ill look to see if the doc is still up to post it.

Mobile-style sleep modes are going to be a standard feature for all next generation consoles. Running through an entire boot sequence every time you turn on your system is obviously antiquated. Everything should be able to sleep and resume instantly, multitask and potentially keep multiple game states stored so you don't even have to boot a game and load a hard save. It will just snapshot the gamestate to flash memory and keep it until you come back, even if you switch to another app, game, or "power down" the system.

It's worth noting that the leaked Xbox 720 concept docs describe a system that revolves around being always on and the only input your TV is ever set to. It has a low power SoC for media and social functions that never shuts off, like a Roku or DVR, and it would use a Google TV style HDMI pass-through for Cable or Sat TV so you can watch live television while still having access to notifications and dashboard elements. The 720 itself would play DVDs, Blu-rays, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc, so theoretically you'd never have reason to connect anything else. The actual implementation may be different, but I think those kinds of conveniences are at the core of Microsoft's strategy next gen.

Point is, WiiU's modern OS may seem nice compared to 7 year old hardware, but that's not what it will ultimately be competing with. In the case of the 720 you will probably be able to do exactly what you describe, only using Smart Glass with any iPhone or tablet instead of the WiiU controller, but the 720 will switch over to the game automatically when it's ready, and while you're playing warn you when you're favorite football team is about to start playing, asking helpfully if you want to suspend your game and switch to ESPN. And since it's voice controlled you can just say yes.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 29, 2012, 02:14:12 PM »
It makes no sense to have people participate if they have no chance at winning.

But that is a catch-22 because in order to have a chance of winning you have to first be in the debates. But the debates are a joke anyway. They are controlled by the two parties and designed specifically to lock out third parties and prevent them from ever having a chance. The whole election system is stacked in favor of the two party system.

I also don't see why it should be funded by tax payers. Not everyone is a democrat or republican. Why should they have to fund these two parties if they don't support them?
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1121 on: September 29, 2012, 02:25:45 PM »
If a candidate can't get to even 15% by early October (less than a month before the election), then  being in the debates will not make a difference in their chance at winning. The problem is that most third party candidates are fringe and don't appeal to most Americans. Ross Perot managed to get 18.9% of the vote in 1992 as a third party, but since then none have done well. If a candidate had the right organizing and skills, they could meet the qualifications. You can't just let anybody who runs for president be in the debates, there were 24 people who were presidential candidates in 2008 (meaning they were on at least one ballot in November 2008) and the highest third party was Ralph Nader at
738,721 votes (0.56%)
. 18 of those candidates only got a combine [/size]
323,984 votes (0.25%).

Taxpayers do NOT pay for the debates. They are paid for by the non-profit Commission on Presidential Debates, who get their funding from private contributions.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:29:21 PM by TJ Spyke »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 29, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »
The thing you need to realize is that Republicans and Democrats are AUTOMATICALLY on the ballot in every state and they don't have to spend any money or make any effort to do it. Third parties on the other hand have to fight tooth and nail just to even get on the ballots, and there is at least one state I know of which doesn't even allow third parties period. I think that state is Oklahoma or Kansas, but I'm not sure. So no matter what no third party could ever get on the ballot in that state because they don't allow it under any circumstances.

And third parties also do not get public funding from taxpayers the way that the two parties do. Third parties have far less resources because they rely completely on private donations, and the problem is they have to use every bit of money they have just to get on the ballots. Once they've done that (if they are even able to) there is very little money left over for campaigning.

The reason why Ross Perot did so well 20 years ago is because he is a billionaire and he funded his campaign mostly by himself, but after that they have changed the rules with campaign finance reform laws. So now it would be impossible for someone to do what Ross Perot did ever again. If some billionaire decided to run for president they would be limited in how much they could spend on their campaign so they would never be able to break into the success that Perot did. The Democrats and Republicans didn't like what Perot was able to do and it scared them, so since then they changed the rules to block it from ever happening again.
is your sanity...

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 29, 2012, 04:08:22 PM »
You say it like someone not in the two party system would win anyway. Superpacs stack the favor on either party side that an independent would never win.

So are you voting chozo?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1124 on: September 29, 2012, 04:26:57 PM »
Acutally Chozo, they are NOT automatically on every ballot. Those parties are just so organized that they can easily meet the qualifications. Each state also determines their own laws on how to get on the ballot. For example, in New York a political party can automatically put their candidate on the ballot if they had someone get at least 50K votes in the last Gubernatorial race (6 parties met this for 2008, so Green Party candidate Jill Stein will automatically be on the ballot this year). Otherwise, they a candidate must get at least 15K signatures on a petition and from a majority of the legislative districts. They don't technically have to spend any money to get on the ballot. And typically the only money the 2 big parties get from taxpayers is to pay for the conventions.

And no, someone could do the same thing Perot did. There is no law stopping a candidate from spending as much of their own money as they want. Hell, Mitt Romney spent $42.3 million of his OWN money trying to get the Republican nomination in 2008 (not PAC money or donated money to his campaign, this was his own personal money). The thing is that most rich people would prefer NOT to run for office because they would have to give up their current job in order to be president and make far less money.