Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791103 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox720 - that's 2 full revolutions - not till 2014? ~Rumor/Speculation Thread~
« Reply #1050 on: September 22, 2012, 03:59:05 AM »
http://beefjack.com/news/ms-xbox-is-becoming-the-microsoft-brand-for-entertainment/

MS: “Xbox is becoming THE Microsoft brand for entertainment”

News: From now on, all Microsoft entertainment and gaming experiences will carry the Xbox branding even on Windows, says senior director Leonardo Metelli, who has also been talking about how entertainment rather than gaming is now the major growth area on Xbox Live, and how Kinect will drive whole new types of advertising on their home console – including the slightly creepy “Two-Way TV”.

Leonardo Metelli, Microsoft‘s senior director of Xbox Live Entertainment and Advertising, has been talking at the ad:tech conference in London about how the Xbox brand has grown beyond just the home console bearing its name, and how the company intend to leverage the massively growing market for consuming entertainment on Xbox Live and their Kinect peripheral to create new styles of advertising experience.

Metelli set out the new non-hardware focus for the Xbox name by stating: “Xbox is becoming THE Microsoft brand for entertainment”, and highlighted just why entertainment is now as important to Xbox Live as gaming.

In 2012 “there are more hours being spent on entertainment than gaming,” Metelli said, and, while gaming figures have not dropped, usage of entertainment apps has doubled on Xbox Live year on year. There has also been a 30% increase in overall Xbox Live use year on year as well.

Metelli also revealed that Microsoft are keen to promote new advertising opportunities that make use of the distinctive features of Xbox Live and the Kinect sensor peripheral. “Branded Destination Experiences” – Kinect-enabled “microsite” advertisements on Xbox Live – are one, while Nuads, featuring gesture, voice and controller ad interactivity, will allow brands to get real-time feedback from viewers.

Perhaps the most potent – and mildly Orwellian – use for Kinect will be something Microsoft are calling “Two-Way TV”, television programming that reflects the viewer’s input, taking into account what the user is expressing and whether they are actively engaged to alter the way a programme plays out. Sesame Street and National Geographic TV are already signed up to Two-Way TV, which launches on Xbox Live this week.

Uh, gaming is a form of entertainment. The two terms can be interchangeable. Why is Microsoft trying to separate them?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox720 - that's 2 full revolutions - not till 2014? ~Rumor/Speculation Thread~
« Reply #1051 on: September 22, 2012, 08:25:23 AM »
They have always seperated gaming and other forms of entertainment. Its not just Microsoft. When you hear entertainment industry its usually receding too music/movies/Tv.while gaming is in its own gaming industry ghetto even though it makes as much money as the others.

But its nothing new

Though reading the gaf thread I'm surprised how much people seem to hate the idea. (Ignoring the fact that gqf has some weird hats for Microsoft, and the mode allow active trolling in the nintendo/Microsoft threads and not Sony)
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 22, 2012, 12:35:11 PM »
They have always seperated gaming and other forms of entertainment. Its not just Microsoft. When you hear entertainment industry its usually receding too music/movies/Tv.while gaming is in its own gaming industry ghetto even though it makes as much money as the others.

But its nothing new

So Xbox Music is their replacement of Zune? Is Microsoft going to turn it into an iTunes-like service and let you buy songs from a catalog? Or is it going to be more like Spotify, where you pay a subscription to stream music?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 22, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »
Zune has already been like that. So far we know its going to have.

-free subscrption tier
-Zune pass like subscrption (will probably be intergarted in a new xbox live teir)
-scan and match locker system

Probably going toget more info about it next month.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 22, 2012, 02:34:13 PM »
Zune has already been like that. So far we know its going to have.

-free subscrption tier
-Zune pass like subscrption (will probably be intergarted in a new xbox live teir)
-scan and match locker system

Probably going toget more info about it next month.

I mean what is it like? Is it like iTunes, where you buy music from a catalogue? Or is it a streaming service like Spotify?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1055 on: September 22, 2012, 02:50:16 PM »
"Xbox Music Store" seems to imply you will buy music, not just stream.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 22, 2012, 02:59:33 PM »
I said like zune.

You can buy music the regular way but they also have a subscrption service where you can lisen to whatever you want.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 23, 2012, 11:55:19 AM »
So someone leakedshots of the windows phone 8 Sdi and this is the xbox related stuff.

Confrims alot of the music stuff. Giving you three ways to get music. Also one thing I like that I'm surprised. Hasn't been done but I'm liking is that the synching software is independent and is its own app and with the charms features its arubly at os level.

Surprised apple hasn't done this first with them seperating ios's reliance on itunes and more on icloud. But the new itunes player is looking good.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:57:10 AM by shingi_70 »

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1058 on: September 23, 2012, 05:33:37 PM »
Interesting. I wonder when the new iTunes is scheduled to be released? Looking forward to that.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 23, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »
Interesting. I wonder when the new iTunes is scheduled to be released? Looking forward to that.

Its slated for sometime next month. I'm not even in the ios ecosystem any more and I'm going to update to the new version and use it from time to time. Looks so good. (that and I still have to use itunes to buy game soundtracks from time to time)

but yeah its impressive

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 24, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »
I tell you one thing.  Itunes is the one major problem I've had with having an iPhone.  Hopefully the new version will be better, but I've been saying that about the last 3 iterations of the program.  It just is never properly coded for PCs.

Of course, I'm also not a fan of the WMP either.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 24, 2012, 04:40:42 PM »
You don't need iTunes for iPhones anymore, they've gotten it to the point that you never really have to sync it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 24, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »
Yeah but sometimes your in a situation where you need to sync through itunes.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1063 on: September 24, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »
iTunes works perfect for me about 95% of the time, and syncing is not a problem.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 24, 2012, 05:49:54 PM »
If Memory serves in OSX you still need iTunes to Sync an iDevice.  Windows you need Zune for Winphone.  I'm hoping next iterations they both just work with the OS.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 24, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
If Memory serves in OSX you still need iTunes to Sync an iDevice.  Windows you need Zune for Winphone.  I'm hoping next iterations they both just work with the OS.

Apple's gotten it to the point where you never have to connect your iPhone to a computer if you don't want to. You can do everything over iCloud.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 24, 2012, 08:03:31 PM »
You don't need iTunes for iPhones anymore, they've gotten it to the point that you never really have to sync it.
Hence why I only sync directly with the PC and itunes when a major upgrade happens (like moving to iOS 6 or getting the next iteration of the iphone).

I still think it's not very user friendly.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1068 on: September 24, 2012, 08:05:29 PM »
I think iTunes is very user friendly, a really nice layout and easy to find stuff. My only gripe is the same one I have with iPod Touch (the only other Apple product) in that it doesn't come with an instruction manual (digital for thi).

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 24, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »
I think iTunes is very user friendly, a really nice layout and easy to find stuff. My only gripe is the same one I have with iPod Touch (the only other Apple product) in that it doesn't come with an instruction manual (digital for thi).

iOS devices are built to have a simplistic and intuitive interface. If you need an instruction manual, just download it on iBooks.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1070 on: September 24, 2012, 09:10:44 PM »
I have no problem using the devices, but there have been features that I never even knew existed until month later (when I would see an article online talking about features people may not know about). Apple is already making well over $100 in profit on a iPod Touch, would it have killed them to spend $2 and include a manual (yes I know it will be useless within a year)?

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 25, 2012, 02:35:36 PM »
I have no problem using the devices, but there have been features that I never even knew existed until month later (when I would see an article online talking about features people may not know about). Apple is already making well over $100 in profit on a iPod Touch, would it have killed them to spend $2 and include a manual (yes I know it will be useless within a year)?

Or they could include a digital manual that's built into the OS.

I just remembered, they do have a Safari bookmark for the iOS online manual.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 27, 2012, 11:32:40 AM »
http://mobile.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/27/3416872/minecraft-creator-notch-microsoft-windows-8

So notch for some reason isn't a fan of the Windows 8 store. Apparently microsoft went to him about a windows 8 version of minecraft. He didn't say if it was going to be a windows store metro game or just a listing of desktop version.

He said

Microsoft asked Mojang for a hand in certifying Minecraft for Windows 8, but Notch isn't interested. Instead, he said on Twitter, "I told them to stop trying to ruin the PC as an open platform."

And then followed up with this tweet
I'd rather have minecraft not run on win 8 at all than to play along. Maybe we can convince a few people not to switch to win 8 that way

Have to say I lost a ton of respect I had for notch onthe basis that he's using a strawman argument.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 27, 2012, 12:59:48 PM »
http://mobile.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/27/3416872/minecraft-creator-notch-microsoft-windows-8

So notch for some reason isn't a fan of the Windows 8 store. Apparently microsoft went to him about a windows 8 version of minecraft. He didn't say if it was going to be a windows store metro game or just a listing of desktop version.

He said

Microsoft asked Mojang for a hand in certifying Minecraft for Windows 8, but Notch isn't interested. Instead, he said on Twitter, "I told them to stop trying to ruin the PC as an open platform."

And then followed up with this tweet
I'd rather have minecraft not run on win 8 at all than to play along. Maybe we can convince a few people not to switch to win 8 that way

Have to say I lost a ton of respect I had for notch onthe basis that he's using a strawman argument.
Haters gonna hate.

Seriously enough, the only way Microsoft is really going to stabilize windows is to get 3rd Parties Certified.  I used the beta of Windows 8 for a while.  Its just as good as Windows 7.  Takes a little bit to get use to the new Start Menu but, that's about it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 27, 2012, 03:33:01 PM »
So Giantbomb and Gameinformer have videos played around with the Kinect Sesame Street and Nat Geo TV. Looks pretty cool for kids and is pretty innovative. Played around with the applications for both and its nice though I didn't buy any thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PQuIF8XHT0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PQuIF8XHT0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rff8bE-Ro6g&feature=youtube_gdata_player
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgd7Z1YROQ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player