Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791043 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox720 - that's 2 full revolutions - not till 2014? ~Rumor/Speculation Thread~
« Reply #1000 on: September 19, 2012, 10:41:23 AM »
If Microsoft were able to destroy Sony and Nintendo they would do so. The only reason they haven't is because they are unable, but the desire and the intent is there. They want any given market they are in all to themselves.
Every company would want this if they could legally get away with it. This isn't exclusive to Microsoft.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox720 - that's 2 full revolutions - not till 2014? ~Rumor/Speculation Thread~
« Reply #1001 on: September 19, 2012, 10:42:51 AM »
O RLY.
he malware can be delivered by hackers via websites that use Flash to delivery the program, thanks to a "zero-day" security hole. The issue affects IE7, IE8, and IE9 on Windows XP, Vista and 7.

The exploit has more to do with flash than the broswer itsself. Which is why the tech industry is heavily pushing for html5.

Here you go.

http://www.neowin.net/news/ie10-is-8-faster-than-chrome-20-says-strangeloop

As well as Microsoft being the first to put Do Not Track into their broswer to protect the User.

http://www.neowin.net/news/ie-10-do-not-track-options-for-windows-8-explained
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1002 on: September 19, 2012, 10:44:35 AM »
The only way Micro$oft could make a product that doesn't suck is if they made a vacuum cleaner.
No, they'd put too much RAM in it.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 19, 2012, 10:49:19 AM »
I think Microsoft makes good products, but they had nothing to do with making Skype. They only bought it earlier this year, after Skype was already uber popular and successful.

Eh I guess so.

But using that logic apple shouldn't be considered the maker of some parts of ios and depending on who you talk too Mac os as a whole. Same thing with google buying sparrow last month. Hell google bought android.

Google bought Android? I thought they created it.

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2005-08-16/google-buys-android-for-its-mobile-arsenal

This is what android looked like before ios was announced.

Looked like BBOS which was market leader at the time.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1004 on: September 19, 2012, 10:51:37 AM »
Yet we have the

Xbox

Red Ring of Death

Windows

Blue Screen of Death

Internet Explorer 10

All products that have gotten rave reviews.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/19/uk-microsoft-browser-idUSLNE88I01L20120919

Red Ring of death? Was fixed several years ago (and even then it only effected like 10% of people). Blue screen of death? Something that u haven't heard about in years (and I have not heard anyone with Windows 7 having it). Internet Explorer 10 has been getting rave reviews, and EVERY browser has had security flaws.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: September 19, 2012, 11:12:52 AM »
Internet Explorer 10? It hasn't been released yet. I think you mean IE9.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 19, 2012, 11:34:02 AM »
Internet Explorer 10 is in beta along with windows 8

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Info/Downloads/

Its only usable in Windows 8.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 19, 2012, 01:06:25 PM »
Microsoft been making major moves to get Windows phone adopted. They also seem to be pushing their eoms for good phone design unlike anroid. Htc announced the 8X and the 8S

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2012/09/19/photos-amp-video-the-windows-phone-8x-and-8s-by-htc.aspx

8X

8S

And that's joining

Nokia Lumia 920

Nokia Lumia 820

Samsung Ativ S

We know Attn, verison, and tmobile are all carrying windows phone devices. Sprint due to the iphine and lye wont be carrying much of anything.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 01:44:21 PM by shingi_70 »

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 19, 2012, 01:22:30 PM »
They also seem to be pushing their poems for good phone design unlike anroid.
re "pushing their poems": I don't understand what that means. Can you please explain? Thanks.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 19, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »
Windows Phone is interesting... It's the one place where    MS is so clearly the underdog, I almost want to root for them to do better!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 19, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »
re "pushing their poems": I don't understand what that means. Can you please explain? Thanks.

Edited. Auto correct oem to poem.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 19, 2012, 01:51:29 PM »

Edited. Auto correct oem to poem.
Hmm, that made me understand it even less, but then Google came to my rescue so I'm good now.
Though somewhat diappointed I won't be getting Windows 8 Phone Haiku (or cinquaine, for that matter)
 :(
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 19, 2012, 01:56:47 PM »
Windows Phone is interesting... It's the one place where    MS is so clearly the underdog, I almost want to root for them to do better!

Don't be deceived. Feeling sympathy for Micro$oft is like finding a baby snake and taking pity on it and taking it in under your wing. Everything is fine until one day the snake turns on you and injects you with its venom.

And as far as being the underdog goes, what kind of underdog has billions and billions of dollars at its disposal and 90% marketshare in the OS market? They might be the underdog in the mobile phone moment at the moment, but with all their resources behind them they are a serious threat in the long run. They won't always be the underdog, and eventually they might snuff out Blackberry, Apple, and Android just like they did with Netscape and BeOS and others a decade or so ago.

You want to feel sorry for an underdog, feel sorry for Microsoft's past and future victims as it rolls around like a Katamari ball growing larger all the time.
is your sanity...

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 19, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »
Microsoft will never overtake Android. Android is open source, meaning any company can tweak it and release it on their own devices (see Amazon and the Kindle Fire, for example). Developers love Android because it's so widely adopted, and manufacturers love it for it's ease of customization.

People say open-source is the future, and with the success of Android, it may just be true.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1014 on: September 19, 2012, 02:08:16 PM »
90% of what OS market? Windows Phone has 3.5% of the mobile marketshare. Internet Explorer has about 28% of the desktop marketshare. And Microsoft did nothing that other companies wouldn't do. I don't see any victims. BeOS was never anything more than a niche service and Microsoft didn't have anything to do with their demise (despite their claims). Netscape failed because Internet Explorer offered every feature Netscape did (and sometimes more) while being free (compared to Netscape, which wasn't free until 1998). Consumers decided they didn't want Netscape, by choosing a cheaper product that gave the same features. BlackBerry is almost dead anyways, so MS had nothing to do with it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 19, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »
TJ, consumers didn't choose IE over Netscape. Microsoft bundled it with Windows 98 and made it an integrated unremovable component of the OS. Whenever anyone bought a new computer with Windows 98 installed (which was practically every computer) IE was already there. This was the unfair advantage that the Clinton administration succesfully prosecuted them for because it was a violation of the Sherman Antitrust act. The court ruled Microsoft guilty, but before the penalty phase could be carried out Bush took office and essentially let them get away with just a slap on the wrist. But the Clinton administration sought to have Microsoft broken up into multiple companies so that the market would be more competitive.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1016 on: September 19, 2012, 02:18:40 PM »
IE was already thrashing Netscape long before Windows 98 came out. Windows 98 was just the final blow.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 19, 2012, 02:20:20 PM »
IE was already thrashing Netscape long before Windows 98 came out.

Citation needed.
is your sanity...

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 19, 2012, 02:26:53 PM »
Windows 8 is Nigh
Hearken to its Siren Call
A New Phone For You

/haiku

Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 19, 2012, 02:28:06 PM »
Summary of this discussion

Chozo: Feel sympathy for Netscape if you love kittens. Feel sympathy for Microsoft if you hate kittens and worship the devil.
Ron Burgundy: Well, that escalated quickly.

:)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: September 19, 2012, 02:29:45 PM »
Doesn't apple do all thestuff with Mac os. Where is all the complaints there.

And manufacturers do not love android.

Amazon has taken aneroid and pretty much skinned it to where it could be called amazon os.
the only manufacturer actually mwkinging money off of android is samsung.
Aneroid apps still look like ****
There are less android tablets apps then there are windows 8 apps and android has been out longer.
Android updates are still untimely as hell and that wont change at all.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 19, 2012, 03:07:56 PM »
Interesting how IE being included with Windows killed Netscape but has not killed Firefox.  It isn't like Microsoft prevents anyone from downloading another browser.  You, the consumer, still have choice.  And if MS didn't include IE you would get a chicken and egg scenario.  How can I get Chrome or Firefox or Opera or whatever without my PC coming with some sort of web browser to go to their site and download them in the first place?  A computer HAS to come with a web browser these days.

I used Netscape until they made some sort of update where the look and feel changed and it ran slow as ****.  This corresponded with a time when IE improved significantly.  Netscape's product got worse and Microsoft's got better so I switched.  That's the free market at work.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 19, 2012, 03:13:10 PM »
Doesn't apple do all thestuff with Mac os. Where is all the complaints there.

And manufacturers do not love android.

Amazon has taken aneroid and pretty much skinned it to where it could be called amazon os.
the only manufacturer actually mwkinging money off of android is samsung.
Aneroid apps still look like ****
There are less android tablets apps then there are windows 8 apps and android has been out longer.
Android updates are still untimely as hell and that wont change at all.

Yes but the Nexus devices will change that, because they are built to run pure Android.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1023 on: September 19, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »

That's not a fair comparison. You are talking about ALL Windows 8 apps (which also work on PC) vs. just apps designed for Android tablets (though almost all Android apps will work on Android tablets). And since there are no Windows 8 tablets yet, the number of Windows 8 tablets apps is 0. If you do the actual number, there are over 500K Andorid apps vs. 1,600 Windows 8 apps.

To be fair Ian, I think Europe has it set up so that when you buy a Windows PC, a screen pops up asking you which browser you want.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 19, 2012, 03:40:35 PM »
I was talking only the metro apps for windows 8. Only windows RT apps. But microsoft does have an unfair advantge that windows 8 will be on 100s millions of devices this time next year. Developers would be stupid to ignore iit.

Ignoring laptops I'm still expecting the windows 8 tablets to sellalot this season due to the manytypes of form factors (tablets, hybdrids, convertibles) and then adding in ultrabooks and laptops its going to be. Also expecting this togain windows phone more market share.

By this time next year I expect
Windows 8 to be a distant 2 in the tablet market.
Windows phone to be #3 with a good amount of marketshare.

And yes the nexus phones are awesome. Wonder if that rumor of mutiple nexus devices is going to pan out.