Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791019 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I would LOVE a new KillerInstinct4 by Retro

so in the alternate reality where this was going to happen, I would hope that this would be part of the reason.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
They have been porting several of those IP's to Xbox Live Arcade.

I do not think they sold very well.

What exactly are you basing that on? Microsoft doesn't give out numbers for XBLA and being first party I doubt anybody there would go badmouthing it to the press.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:38:05 PM by NWR_insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
They have been porting several of those IP's to Xbox Live Arcade.

I do not think they sold very well.

What exactly are you basing that on? Microsoft doesn't give out numbers for XBLA and being first party I doubt anybody there would go badmouthing it to the press.

For that exact same reason, if the sales had been great they would have openly boasted about it. The fact they were silent means they had nothing positive to say.
is your sanity...

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
They sold well enough for an arcade game I'd imagne.

Also microsoft wouldn't sell the IPs. They would lisence them to another company. That waythey get money every so often but still retain the rights and in universe stuff. They did for Shadowrun and mechwarrior.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
Instead of licensing those old IPs, if Nintendo really wanted to they could have Retro make clones of them. Like Battle Toads, make a game called War Frogs, or something and just change the names and the various details to avoid lawsuits, but have it be blatantly the same thing in every legally possible way. And the same could be done with Killer Instinct by creating a game with a very similar name like Lethal Instinct or something, and have very similar characters and very similar moves and so on. Make it different enough so that lawsuits are avoided, but keep it as close to the old games as possible.
is your sanity...

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Thank god that will never happen.

In all honstly I'd rather nintendo focus on new mascots and the ones it has.

Starfox
Pushmo
Sakurai Samurai
Fzero
Mole maina
Excitebike

That and I wouldn't mind them doing a bayonetta for other franchises to get exclusivlty

Mystical Ninja Goemon
Fatal Frame
Crystal Chronciles
Breath of Fire
Darksiders 3

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
They co-own the Fatal Frame IP now (Tecmo Koei confirmed it last month), so that will always be exclusive.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Breath of Fire would be pretty awesome  to have Nintendo and Capcom bring back as exclusive. Maybe the Darksiders franchise as well if that series falls on hard times.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I would love Nintendo to Co-Own the rights to Dark Stalkers and make it "Nintendo's 2D fighter" and split the cost of developing it with Capcom...but you know this is a Xbox 720 thread...so lets get back on topic.

With the real of Wii U do you think the Xbox 720 needs to do anything differently or stay the course to be successful.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
720 is going to have step up it's TV/Movie offering, that's fo' sho.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile

so in the alternate reality where this was going to happen, I would hope that this would be part of the reason.

Killer Instinct (along with all of Rare's other properties) is owned by Microsoft. The only way Nintendo could get the game is if Microsoft licensed out the IP, which will never happen.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop

Killer Instinct (along with all of Rare's other properties) is owned by Microsoft. The only way Nintendo could get the game is if Microsoft licensed out the IP, which will never happen.

Please read his post again and the ones before it (which he was replying to), he was talking about what game he would like to see if Nintendo were to buy back Rare's IPs from Microsoft.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

Please read his post again and the ones before it (which he was replying to), he was talking about what game he would like to see if Nintendo were to buy back Rare's IPs from Microsoft.

Thank you TJ, I was about face palm him...

Tendo, follow the conversation.
I even mentioned "the alternate reality where this was going to happen" in my post.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
I'm thinking the next Xbox will have 4gb of RAM, with 512mb to 1gb be reserved for the OS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I was recently informed that the X720 was rumored to have 12GB of RAM in the devkit, while targeting 8GB retail.

I can't imagine how expensive the system will be if they pack it with 8GB of decently fast RAM in the retail version.
MS must be looking for PC parity ports in the next Xbox or something.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:43:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Hooooly shiz. Why does a console need that much RAM? Overkill, I say. My PC has 6, and I feel like it's too much some times. Geez.

Next Xbox = $599 US DOLLARS? AMIRITE?
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
$600 would be lowballing it with 8GB of RAM. 8GB is high end for a gaming PC, and a console would have fewer needs for that much RAM.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I had to edit the dev kit amount of ram, but the targeted amount is still the same.

Either way, that is a ridiculous amount for a console. very much overkill (until we see exactly what they have planned for all of that).

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
I was recently informed that the X720 was rumored to have 12GB of RAM in the devkit, while targeting 8GB retail.

I can't imagine how expensive the system will be if they pack it with 8GB of decently fast RAM in the retail version.
MS must be looking for PC parity ports in the next Xbox or something.

Isn't 8GB RAM what I've been saying all along? You guys all thought I was crazy and it wouldn't happen, but who is crazy now? AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
is your sanity...

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
If it, and Sony's console are really going for crazy tech - which in turn would cause both systems to be hilariously expensive, then I'm not worried one bit about where Nintendo stands.

Surely developers would be smart enough to realize they'd be killing themselves financially if they were to go with either of those two platforms as the default.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Unless Sony is making a real barn burner, there's no practical reason for MS to go 8gb RAM. At four gig they still double or triple the Wii U's useable RAM and considering what they got out of 512, it seems like a waste of money.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
I don't know. They might have a reason for that much RAM. But god... I can't imagine an 8GB system coming out for any amount of money I could remotely imagine paying... I guess this is where MS leverages a payment plan option, or mandates a 3 year contract for XBox Live or something to make the up-front cost palatable.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Maybe it's a 2gb fast video card RAM and 6gb system RAM?Still, 2gb of video memory is not cheap either.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
Xbox 420 needs 8GB of RAM because it will be running Windoze so it needs a lot of RAM because Windoze is a resource hog.
is your sanity...

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Xbox 420 needs 8GB of RAM because it will be running Windoze so it needs a lot of RAM because Windoze is a resource hog.

So it's essentially a PC? Pass.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931