Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791009 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Good thing PlayStation is still all about the games. The Xbox is quickly becoming a complete multimedia device, but that was Microsoft's intention all along.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:23:50 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Probably in the miniority but I'd rather have a media box (xbox, roku, apple tv) compared to something that only plays games or its focus.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Since Microsoft is making so much money could we see a situation where Microsoft allows another RRoD situation for the Xbox 720? Although it would make sense for them to make good hardware out of the box and make money, but it seems to me that this is Microsoft we are dealing with and they might be willing to deal with another RRoD to compete with Nintendo for market share.

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I could see microsoft rushing through the first batch of hardware and not looking at. Problems. Honestly speaking I don't think having another rrod would hurt them. They still had the most marketshare gain in spite of hardware problems. That and the overall non gamer audience doesn't really care as much as us the hardcore crowd does. Most people I know don't remember it.

The same thing with the iphone. The nerd crowd complained about the anntente stuff. While most of my mainstream friends didn't care and thought it was cool to get a free case.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Since 99% of all media is crap, and games make up an inordinate part of the 1%, I'll stick with just a game console thx.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Honestly, I'm fearing the day when Microsoft starts integrating Kinect into our homes ("smart" homes). For that day Skynet/HAL/ZeroOne/Omnius will be born and it will be the beginning of the end.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Killer robots.  :o

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
I could see microsoft rushing through the first batch of hardware and not looking at. Problems.
While I agree that I could see them rushing it, I don't think it'll happen this time around.  The plan for the hardware they are using seems to have been in place for a couple years now and they aren't dealing with a contract with the current makers of the 360 expiring before the 720 is rumored to be released.  Plus they are the best selling system every month for over a year now.  No reason to rush.  If there are RROD problems, then they really dropped the ball somewhere.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
I could see microsoft rushing through the first batch of hardware and not looking at. Problems.
While I agree that I could see them rushing it, I don't think it'll happen this time around.  The plan for the hardware they are using seems to have been in place for a couple years now and they aren't dealing with a contract with the current makers of the 360 expiring before the 720 is rumored to be released.  Plus they are the best selling system every month for over a year now.  No reason to rush.  If there are RROD problems, then they really dropped the ball somewhere.

If Xbox 360 is the best-selling console for over a year, and Wii sales are in decline, then why hasn't the Xbox 360 surpassed the Wii's worldwide sales numbers yet?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Give Xbox 360 about 15 years and it might (even if Nintendo stopped manufacturing the Wii right this second). LOL

Xbox 360 sales are down too, as are PlayStation 3. All 3 consoles have been declining in sales.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
The economy has been in decline. The Wii still sells well even without new games, because its the most affordable of the three. Its the most recession friendly option.
is your sanity...

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
The economy has been in decline. The Wii still sells well even without new games, because its the most affordable of the three. Its the most recession friendly option.

But the $200 Xbox 360 is a much better value, because it has more games than the Wii (most of which are also higher quality). But you can get also get a PS3 for only $50 more, which gives you a large hard drive and Blu-ray capabilities out of the box. Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 are also all-in-one media boxes, capable of streaming video, music, etc. from the web.

Yes the Wii is cheaper, but the overall experience is lesser than what you'd get on either a PS3 or Xbox 360.

It feels like it's 2007 all over again...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Because the Wii sold so many units that the 360 probably won't catch up. It's not that complicated.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile

But the $200 Xbox 360 is a much better value, because it has more games than the Wii (most of which are also higher quality). But you can get also get a PS3 for only $50 more, which gives you a large hard drive and Blu-ray capabilities out of the box. Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 are also all-in-one media boxes, capable of streaming video, music, etc. from the web.

Yes the Wii is cheaper, but the overall experience is lesser than what you'd get on either a PS3 or Xbox 360.

It feels like it's 2007 all over again...

What kind of Tendo Fanboy are you?
is your sanity...

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
So microsoft has offically announced the formation of the new london studio which is focusing on windows 8 games.

http://mobile.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/14/3330842/microsoft-london-studio-forms-to-focus-on-windows-8-tablet-titles

Microsoft Studios announced today a new London-based studio headed by Lee Schuneman, the former production director of Rare.

The currently nameless studiowill focus on developing "a long-term business with Entertainment as a Service at its core," according to Microsoft, while working with "Windows 8 tablet devices as the underlying technology and platforms as part of Microsoft Studios' continued expansion across the region."

Really wondering what microsoft plans to do with nintendo jumping on the whole living room market.  Though I think its going to be different than what nintendo is doing in a few aspects.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Microsoft Studios announced today a new London-based studio headed by Lee Schuneman, the former production director of Rare.
You know what this means, don't you?

Microsoft is getting ready to sell Rare...back to Nintendo!!

I can draem, can't I?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Do you actually want Rare back with Nintendo?
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
I would be delighted if Nintendo once again owned all the Rare IP.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I would be delighted if Nintendo once again owned all the Rare IP.

Yeah, I don't really care about getting the tattered remains of the studio back, but getting the IPs for Virtual Console and future sequels would be very nice.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
Microsoft is doing nothing with those IPs so they might as well sell them.
is your sanity...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
They're worth more to Microsoft doing nothing than letting them go back to someone who can and will make money off them.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
That's not really true. If I were a Microsoft shareholder and found out they were sitting on those IPs and doing absolutely nothing with them while someone else made a significant offer for them, I'd be pretty pissed about it. Nintendo suddenly being able to make a new Jet Force Gemini game isn't going to turn the tide of the console war, and Microsoft would be stupid to sit on something they had no intention of using just to spite someone. That's assuming Steve Ballmer isn't as much of a complete moron as he seems, and that Nintendo would actually want them enough to make a real offer.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
They're worth more to Microsoft doing nothing than letting them go back to someone who can and will make money off them.

I wouldn't expect Microsoft to give the IPs back for free. They would sell them back, so it would be worth their while because they would be getting money, and we all know M$ loves money.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
They have been porting several of those IP's to Xbox Live Arcade.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
They have been porting several of those IP's to Xbox Live Arcade.

I do not think they sold very well.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.