Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 790981 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
It lost to Intuit in the end.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Microsoft Money: "We just weren't Intuit"

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I used Money for a bit not a bad product but now you can get Mint online for free which is roughly the same for how most users.  Quicken just doesn't click with me.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
So this week Microsoft announced the games that were launching alongside Xbox for Windows 8. 29 games in and they will be launching on October 26th.

The games published by Microsoft Studios are

4ELEMENTS II SPECIAL EDITION
Discover the fantastic world of 4 Elements in this Windows 8-exclusive Special Edition of the acclaimed Puzzle and Hidden Object game. Four fairies representing the elements of earth, air, fire, and water have been deprived of their magic power. Be the hero of the kingdom and restore their magic! Lose yourself in beautiful backgrounds, music and amazing graphics. Explore a world of color, animation, and mystical delight. Discover secrets, solve intriguing puzzles, and decipher the book of magic to unlock powerful spells. 4 Elements™ II: Special Edition is an exciting “match three” game packed with fascinating puzzles and hidden object challenges. This Special Edition includes 48 exclusive levels for Windows 8, 14 of which you can play for free in the trial version! This edition also includes six custom Windows 8 wallpapers and the complete original soundtrack in MP3 format. Compare your progress with friends via leaderboards or Achievement’s earned! Look for these other great Microsoft Studios titles in the Windows 8 store: Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Mahjong, and Wordament.

>64 unique match-3 levels + 48 levels EXCLUSIVE to Windows 8

>4 adorable fairies of the elements to set free

>16 magic cards to collect

>4 exciting quests to complete

>Fascinating story, gorgeous art and backgrounds

>Trial version includes 12 Story Mode levels and 2 Bonus Challenge levels for free

>Xbox LIVE Gamerscore over 20 Achievements

>Track friends’ progress with Leaderboards

>Hours and hours of gameplay

>6 exclusive Windows 8 wallpapers and complete game soundtrack in MP3 format

>Use touch or mouse/keyboard controls

>Multiple modes: casual and timed play

>Hidden Object and Find the Difference puzzles

ADERA:EPISODE1, 2 ,AND 3
Adera is an episodic adventure game in which you play as the heroine, Jane Sinclaire. Take on the challenge by solving puzzles, playing minigames, collecting items, and using them to get past obstacles. Uncover the mystery of Adera and explore a beautiful lost world.

Jane is a world traveler who has been on many dangerous adventures, but she has never experienced anything like this. In this first episode, Jane finds herself in the Atacama Desert searching for her long-missing grandfather, with only a coded message and a strange stone orb to guide her.

GUNSTRINGER:DEAD MAN RUNNING
When the Gunstringer rose from the dead to hunt down the treacherous members of his old gang, it was on the condition that he must return to the underworld once his quest for vengeance was complete. Being a man of his word, the Gunstringer kept his promise and returned. Not long afterwards, The Gunstringer started to realize how much the world needed a man like him and how it was up to him to help rid the world of the vile scum that threatened the peace. Now, striking another deal with the devil, The Gunstringer travels back to the land of the living. The deal requires trading the souls of five notorious villains in exchange for his own soul and freedom. You must help The Gunstringer race across treacherous terrains to hunt down and banish the Villainous Five to the underworld! Collect as many Gold Coins as you can along the way and use them to buy new customization options, weapons and power-ups to help you in your spirited quest.

>Free to Play with in-app purchases and downloadable content.

>Two playable game modes including a Story Mode with finite levels and a Challenge Mode featuring endless levels.

> Xbox Live support including Achievements, Friends and Leaderboards.

>Asynchronous Multiplayer Challenges.

>Seamless multi-device profile access and progression.

HYDRO THUNDER HURRICANE
The legendary arcade racer and Xbox 360 hit Hydro Thunder Hurricane is now available for Windows 8 tablets! Featuring rocket-powered speedboats blasting across amazing dynamic wa-ter, gorgeous visuals, and interactive environments packed with shortcuts and surprises, this is the adrenaline-drenched sequel fans have been waiting for. Pit your skills against 15 opponents in Single Player Races and Championships, hone your speedboat skills in the new Ring Master and Gauntlet modes, and compare your times with your Friends on LIVE Leaderboards.

>Tons of original content, including 11 classic and brand-new boats and 11 watery race tracks packed with interactive triggers, insane jumps, and secret shortcuts waiting to be discovered.

>Variety of single player game modes, including Race, Championship seasons, Ring Master, and the explosive new Gauntlet.

>Dynamic water racing. Dodge avalanches that spawn massive tsunamis, jump across other boats’ wakes – in Hydro Thunder Hurricane, the race track itself is constantly in motion!

http://playxbla.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Screenshot01_TsunamiBowl.jpg

PINBALL FX 2
The critically acclaimed Xbox LIVE® Arcade hit, Pinball FX2, will be available for Windows 8 BETA from Zen Studios, the definitive leader in arcade-style pinball videogames. Featuring the most advanced balls physics in videogame pinball, Pinball FX2 is the premiere pinball videogame experience. The BETA version contains one table and will be updated with all the features and content our fans come to expect when the full version releases.

>With its robust physics engine, Pinball FX 2 will make you think you’re back at your local arcade.

>Intuitive tablet controls delivers a whole new experience for Pinball FX fans.

>View your table from various camera angles, allowing you some new perspectives in your pursuit to become a pinball wizard!

>More of these beautiful, immersive, and innovative tables will become available at the launch of the full version.

>Additional announcements coming soon.

RECKLESS RACING ULTIMATE
The ultimate edition of the acclaimed Reckless Racing top-down racer series is here.

Now bigger and dirtier than ever! Race with a huge selection of road and dirt tracks, single and multi-player events, modded cars and trucks, and challenging game modes. Whether it’s a muscle car in the dirt, a monster truck in gravel, or even a dune buggy in the snow, if you can build it – you can race it. Tweak, upgrade and customize your car collection as you level up in your racing career. Earn your place on the Xbox Leaderboards in both Career and Arcade modes. Challenge your friends in a variety of multiplayer modes including, 1 on 1 rally racing or fastest lap. Track your multi-player invites, and results on the go right on your Live Tile. Buckle your seatbelts and prepare to get Reckless!

>Beautifully rendered hand-drawn environments.

>Physics driven handling – Drift like a champ!

>Play the Free Trial featuring 1 car, 3 tracks and car upgrades

>Career mode, Arcade mode, Single Event mode

>Challenge your friends via Xbox Multiplayer

> See how you stack up against the competition with Xbox Leaderboards

>Earn gamerscore with Xbox Achievements >24 customizable cars and trucks

>20 Career mode cups

>50 Arcade challenges

>150 individual and customizable events

>Touch, mouse/keyboard and USB Xbox controller support.

ROCKET RIOT 3D
Rocket Riot™ 3D packs hundreds of zany characters, aggressive minibosses, tons of tough bosses and crazy visual effects into one rocket package! Obliterate your friends with multiplayer challenges, or achieve a personal best in the single player campaign. In this awesomely 8-bit styled game, blast your way through the environment or hide behind it, battling the strangest enemies you will ever encounter.

>Engage in over 100 single-player missions, set in many different, wild worlds!

>Unlock over 200 characters! Zombies vs. robots! Rocket-propelled bananas! Pirates vs. moose!

>Multiplayer challenges let you compete for ultimate Rocket Riot world domination!

>Test your strength and aim against tons of bosses… and mini bosses too.

>24 all-new Windows 8 exclusive levels.

>Classic Rocket Riot™ levels with awesome new stories, levesl, characters and visual effects.

TAPTILES
The classic tile matching game re-imagined as a spinning block of 3D puzzling! Race against the clock by matching symbols on all sides of the cube to drill down to the center. Just when you think you’re stuck, you can rotate the cube to reveal more matches to clear! The faster you go, the more points you get! With 3 game modes, daily challenges, and the ability to resume play to and from your Windows Phone, Taptiles on Windows 8 will continually challenge you’re puzzling skills. >In Dash Mode, play as long as you can with puzzles coming in one after another. >Origin Mode will test your quick decision making skills, as you need to solve the puzzle before time runs out. >And if you need to unwind, Relaxation Mode gives you the chance to solve puzzles with all the time in the world.

>Play Daily Challenges to test your skill

>The Play, Pause, Resume functionality on Windows 8 and Windows Phone platforms allows you to take some of your favorite puzzles across your devices.

>Compare you scores with your friends via Xbox LIVE Leaderboards.

WORDAMENT
The hit Windows Phone game is now on Windows 8! Wordament is a unique kind of word game—a word tournament—where you are competing with the whole internet to be the best word searcher in every game. Every player is competing on the same board, in real-time, to get the highest score. Wordament features unique, highly playable games. Every board is guaranteed to have over 100 possible words, and every tile is playable. Wordament’s dictionary is tuned to help you find the most common words you missed. Also with themed games, like Digrams, Wordament introduces a simple, but fun secondary goal of using a two-letter tile in as many words as possible.

>An extremely popular and addictive word-finding game where a player must score points by creating words from a 4Ă—4 board of letters.

>Continually compete in worldwide tournaments where everyone is utilizing the same board.

>Cross screen gameplay allows you to not only compete against other Windows 8 users, but also those playing Wordament on their Windows Phone.

>Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer! Frenemies is an all new way to keep track of your competition.

>Real-time stats let players see how many average seconds it takes to find words and how many average points they are finding per word.

The full list of games is
 1. 4 Elements II Special Edition
 2. A World of Keflings
 3. Adera: Episode 1
 4. Adera: Episode 2
 5. Adera: Episode 3
 6. Angry Birds
 7. Angry Birds Space
 8. Big Buck Hunter Pro
 9. BlazBlue Calamity Trigger
10. Collateral Damage
11. Crash Course GO
12. Cut the Rope
13. Disney Fairies
14. Dragon’s Lair
15. Field & Stream Fishing
16. Fruit Ninja
17. Gravity Guy
18. Gunstringer: Dead Man Running
19. Hydro Thunder Hurricane
20. IloMilo
21. iStunt 2
22. Jetpack Joyride
23. Kinectimals Unleashed
24. Microsoft Mahjong
25. Microsoft Minesweeper
26. Microsoft Solitaire Collection
27. Monster Island
28. PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX
29. Pinball FX 2
30. Reckless Racing Ultimate
31. Rocket Riot 3D
32. Shark Dash
33. Shuffle Party
34. Skulls of the Shogun
35. Taptiles
36. Team Crossword
37. The Harvest HD
38. Toy Soldiers Cold War
39. Wordament
40. Zombies!!!

A mix if ports, new games, and cross platfrom stuff. Nothing that will make gamers abandon steam, but its a good line up for the audience its aimed at. The inclusion of Blazblue confrims regular PC games can be ported into the metro envioment. Microsoft were pretty unclaer about that saying that in its current state the windows store weren't for halo types of games. Guessing Iron Brigade and Age of Empires online will be ported as well.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
That boxart is turrible.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Wait, so, I haven't been keeping up with this story but... XBox for Windows 8 is the new Games For Windows Live?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Wait, so, I haven't been keeping up with this story but... XBox for Windows 8 is the new Games For Windows Live?

Yes
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
yes and no. It is the the follow up to games for windows live but it doesn't have much in common withthe service its more of a more complex verison of the windows phone xbox program.

It has none of the kinks that games for windows had like the sign in problens becuae its built in from an os level.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
GFWL not being built into Windows wasn't the reason that made it ****. Being **** made it ****. Steam isn't integrated on the OS level and is fine. Having the GFWL spawn being built into the OS level is just another thing that breaks that can bring down the OS.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Well the biggest probelm I would hear about gfwl (never tried as not a Pc gamer) was that their was something wrong with loggging into your live account and it was pretty slow.

Mbeing at an OS level would alleviate that as your always signed in as everything is under 1 Microsoft account.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
Not signing in was the least of it's problems. Failure to self update. Updates breaking GFWL. After breaking the system, uninstalling and reinstalling with a more updated version fails. Deleting saves across the entire account. It's comparatively slow, buggy and annoying compared to it's competitors with an interface clearly not designed for a mouse. Then you have cluster **** situations where you get DRM on DRM possibly on DRM.

I wasn't kidding when I described GFWL as XBOX LIVE for Windows. When it came over to Windows it was found more than wanting, hence why the PC community outright rejected it and protest every time it is used, begging developers not to use it. You have people thanking other people for warning potential customers of a game because it uses GFWL. GFWL easily costs far more sales than it could gain with it's "features" or with it's anti-piracy measures. If you want to kill a game, use GFWL.

I only have one game that uses GFWL, that's Dawn of War 2, and I have it only because I didn't know at the time how terrible GFWL is. When people talk about pirates playing with superior versions of a game, they are taking about GFWL if not Ubisoft and their always online system. GFWL punishes you for going legit.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/gamestop-expects-only-one-new-console-in-2013/0102290

So according to the ceo of gamestop only 1 new console is hitting next year and the 720 is farther along than the PS4.

So at worse I'm guess
Fall 2013-XBOX 720
Spring 2014-PS4

And at best
Fall 2013- 720 and japan only PS4
Spring 204- ps4 everywhere else

I Understand why sony as a company would wait but I'm thinking waiting would hurt them. Alot

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
the 720 is farther along than the PS4.

This is what I figured because we are hearing so much more about the next Xbox in the way of rumors than the PS4. With the PS4 there's hardly anything being mentioned, except that so and so developer is starting development of a game for it.

But if this is the case, while Sony might be 2 years off with their system, when it finally does come out it will probably be a beast in comparison to the Wii U and Xbox420. They will have a lot of catching up to do with market share, but they will have the edge in specs.
is your sanity...

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
the 720 is farther along than the PS4.

This is what I figured because we are hearing so much more about the next Xbox in the way of rumors than the PS4. With the PS4 there's hardly anything being mentioned, except that so and so developer is starting development of a game for it.

But if this is the case, while Sony might be 2 years off with their system, when it finally does come out it will probably be a beast in comparison to the Wii U and Xbox420. They will have a lot of catching up to do with market share, but they will have the edge in specs.

So it'll be the PS3 all over again. Expensive, high-powered hardware, no games, very little developer support in its first year. Sounds good.

See that's the problem with the video game industry. Everyone is so obsessed with specs and power. Development costs are rising, and many of the smaller studios can't afford to make big-budget games. Every year we see studios closing due to rising costs and not enough sales & profit.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:27:40 AM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
It honestly wouldn't matter if sony ended out edging them in specs. If the developer cycle are postioned toward the wii u or 720 as the main dev systems than the ps4 is screwed. Look at the ps3 its more powerful than the 360 but ended up with the worst version of games in most cases.

Japan as. Market doesn't matter as much as it did as its smaller than the other two and consoles is a shrinking market their. Sony is still the big boy in europe and a delay could have them lose it to nintendo or microsoft.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
The war of the next console generation will be based on everything but graphics. It will be based primarily on services, particularly those of the multimedia kind. What Microsoft is currently doing with the Xbox 360 is assembling their chess peices on the board for the next round. None of it is for the Xbox 360, they are just laying ground work for their next system.

As for Sony, if the Vita is any indication of their stadning in the industry then I am not confident about their next home console. Sony has been having their ass handed to them in everything they dable in, so if they try and pull the same stunt with the PS4 as they did with the PS3 then you can kiss their ass goodbye a game company, and possibly a company as a whole.

The company with the best resources to launch a home console is Nintendo. The only question is how much third party support can theyr gather and how powerful will the Wii U be when it hits the market? 

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I agree with you and while its true I find it odd how many gamers have a problem with consoles becoming anything but a machine to play games. Microsoft and Nintendo both had a big focus on casuel gaming and services while Sony only focused on games. While the gaming media hitched and moaned and were giving Sony all the prais, the actual real press only talked about Wii U and xbox.

Next gen is going to be about services as well as Eco system. Sony sucks at both so I expect things to get worse from here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Next gen is going to be about services as well as Eco system. Sony sucks at both so I expect things to get worse from here.
You must be using a different PS3 from an alternate Reality.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I'm talking about Sony as an overall company.

Unlike the big three (Apple, Google, Microsoft) Sony doesn't have anything that makes using all of their products a good thing.  If they leverage Gaikai well remains to be seen. But currently they have

The vita cross play stuff- time will tell
And Playstation mobile which will flop hard in the States at least.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
No one knows how to make a brand extremely popular, and then screw it up better than Sony. Before they got into video games they had the Walkman which was a revolutionary thing at the time and extremely popular. Basically it was the Ipod of its time, but now the brand name is meaningless. Now they are doing the same exact thing with the Playstation brand. Up until the launch of the PS3 the word "Playstation" was practically synonymous with video game console. The PS2 has 90% market share. But since then its only gone downhill.
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
I agree with you and while its true I find it odd how many gamers have a problem with consoles becoming anything but a machine to play games. Microsoft and Nintendo both had a big focus on casuel gaming and services while Sony only focused on games. While the gaming media hitched and moaned and were giving Sony all the prais, the actual real press only talked about Wii U and xbox.

Here is how I see everthing panning out:

• Nintendo will focus less on the casual market, but still support it to some extent.
  • Microsoft will loosen its grip on the hardcore fans to stimulate the casuals.
  • Nintendo will take some of Sony and Microsoft's Hardcore aduience as a result of their pursuit of casuals.
  • Sony will be in third place and Microsoft will be in first place, but none of it will be obvious.
  • Some how Nintendo will be the main game company.
  • The real battle will be between Nintendo and Microsoft with Sony carefully playing its cards close to their chest for financial reasons.
  • Sony's PS4: $399.99 and Microsoft's Xbox 720: $399.99 and Nintendo's Wii U: $299.99
  • An upgraded 3DS and Vita will eventually be revealed.
  • Microsoft's online infrastructure up to this point will be free to play, but they will offer an upgraded version for a premium.
  • Nintendo's online infrastructure will go from the dark ages to the renaissance in the span of about a year and a half, until then third parties like Steam and Origin will handle it for themselves. 
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I agree with the above post mostly. I think Microsoft is going to have some serious pricing advantges. I think they are going to have a not only an on-contract model like they do with the current xbox at mutiple retailers, but Cable carriers may offer the 720 as a choice as a cable box as well.

On Microsofts mobile notes they and Nokia showed off the two Flagship phones for Windows Phone 8 today.
First off is the High end and Flagship phone the Lumia 920

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8_Z7_kJ3_g&feature=plcp
As one of the first Windows Phone 8 devices to be officially announced, this device augments Espoo's line with a larger, curved 4.5-inch PureMotion HD+ display, dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 CPU, 2,000mAh battery, NFC, integrated wireless charging and an 8-megapixel rear PureView camera capable of 1080p video. The display packs WXGA (1,280 x 768) resolution, is 25 percent brighter than the next best panel on the market and it's the fastest LCD that Nokia has ever shipped on a smartphone. What's more, the screen also boasts what Nokia calls "Super Sensitive Touch," which promises to let you use it even when wearing gloves or mitts.
 As you can tell from its humpless back, this PureView is not that of the 41-megapixel variety -- it's merely all about the branding, as the moniker will now ring synonymous with "high-end cameras." Despite that fall from 808 grace, Nokia's Head of Imaging Damian Dinning has assured detractors the magic is in what's done with the optics and pixels and not sheer gargantuan sampling size. To wit, the 920 employs a "floating lens," which, in layman's terms, translates into hardware image stabilization and also packs impressive low-light capabilities -- an area the company's seems squarely focused upon.
 In a true return to form, the 920 also hearkens back to the Lumia that started it all, opting for the "sinuous tapering" that debuted on the 800 with glass edges that blend gently into the polycarbonate hull. Unfortunately, not all of that design language has made the transition, given its chassis now appears glossier and more polished, distancing itself from that premium matte finish. Still, as looks go, the handset's keeping to its 900 origins, appearing nigh indistinct from its predecessor save for that attention-grabbing mellow yellow hue.And as a bonus, Nokia's imbued the device with integrated wireless charging, based on the Qi standard, which corroborates those leaks we saw just last week. The Lumia 920 will arrive in pentaband LTE and HSPA+ variants and both are expected to ship "in selected markets" later this year.

and the Mid-Range Lumia 820

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aIYm07ACkjU
No matter your budget, Nokia's got a Windows Phone 8 handset for you. While the Lumia 920 dominated today's press conference, the company's more modest Lumia 820 is planning to sneak in and capture the mid-range. The handset is packing the same 1.5Ghz dual-core Snapdragon S4 internals you'll find in the 920, along with 1GB RAM and a 4.3-inch display.
 While the handset isn't unattractive, the design language of the 800 (and N9) that captured our hearts has been dumped in favor of something more symmetrical. The glass of its 800 x 480 ClearBlack OLED screen is flat rather than convex (poached by the 920) and the body's finish is a little more shinier than the previous generation of Nokia's polycarbonate.
 Photography fans looking to get their hands on that PureView goodness will be disappointed to see that it's also been reserved for the flagship (in some form). Instead, this unit comes with the more familiar 8-megapixel Carl Zeiss optics we've seen before, but at least there's a front-facing VGA lens for video conferencing.
 While the unit only has 8GB of on-board storage, it's packing microSD support (up to 32GB, as per usual) and you'll also get an additional 7GB of storage on Microsoft's cloud service, Skydrive. The company's including a series of protective cases in a variety of colors, including a set that add bundle QI-compatible wireless charging to the handset -- at the cost of adding an extra 1mm to the handset's overall thickness.
 It'll arrive in Red, Yellow, Grey, Cyan, Purple, White and Black, with separate LTE and HSPA+ variants shipping "later in the year," but Elop and co declined to give a specific announcement on availability or price today.

The hook for the Lumia 920 happens to be the insanly cool Pureview Camera which is shaping up to be the best cameraphone on the market. Nokia has another Pureview phone boasting a whooping 41 megapixel camera and shoots better than most dedicated point and shoots. Nokia's aim here is to dispel the myth that megapixels make the camera and only using the pureview tech to have a better camera.
Too lazy to summarize it but here] is somthing by nokia explaining it.

The Lumia's 820's hook is while not having the awesome camera,higher res screen, or intergated wirless charging like the 920 it has an microSD card and removable backs that can add the ability for wireless charging. The camera wont be uber OH MY GOD awesome but should be better than most on the market anyway.

The biggest new imo is the including of wireless charging in the 920 and within the optional 820 shells.  After seeing Palm have somthing similar with webos and touchstone and the 3DS and its charging cradle (not excatly the samething) I've wondered why no one else has tried to intergrate this tech into the mainstream. Microsoft and Nokia are doing just that by teaming up with coffe shops around the country to have these charging devices built into the tables.
as per engadget
So the big buzz of the day's just passed, but now's the time to focus on the lesser details of Nokia's big Windows Phone 8 / Lumia presser: the accessories. Revealed during the presentation today, the Lumia 920 and 820 both incorporate Qi tech for wireless charging (albeit, optionally in the latter's case), a perk that will let users choose from the company's own stylish, soap-bar like dock, Fatboy pillow or an NFC-equipped charging stand. All three function exactly as advertised -- put the phone on top and it starts charging right away. The basic dock is the same sort of plastic that now graces the outside of the Lumia line. It's simple, slightly shiny and comes in a variety of hues. The Pillow is broad, flat and not exactly comfortable. The charging element sits right in the middle and is surrounded by beanbag-like cushions on all sides save for the top -- we wouldn't advise putting it under your head to go to sleep.
 The most interesting peripheral is definitely the charging stand. It's the least cumbersome of the charging options and it's got a neat trick up its sleeve. An NFC chip embedded in its base can be used to tell a Lumia to launch an app when you place it in the dock. So, you could easily put a 920 down, keep it charged and automatically open your music player or alarm clock. You can see the NFC trick in action in a video after the break.

The phone's also boast some impressive screen tech that allow's for the phones screen to be used even with glove's on. (they uses oven mitts in the live demo)

[size=1px !important]6[/size]
[size=1px !important]in[/size]Share As you might have heard this morning, Nokia's new Windows Phone 8 devices have a rather intriguing new feature built right into their screens: you can use the Lumia 820 and Lumia 920 with gloves on, or even with your fingernails. The "Super Sensitive Touch" technology isn't wholly a Nokia design, though — it's a feature that Synaptics has added to its ClearPad Series 3 touchscreen digitizer, which means it's quite likely to appear on other devices in the future. Presently, capacitive image touchscreens "see" your fingers by bouncing a signal off them, then measuring disturbances in the waveform. Here, the company basically increases the sensitivity of its sensors on the fly to detect gestures even if they're merely in the same vicinity. Synaptics actually showed off the feature back at the Mobile World Congress show in February of last year, detecting touches through a stack of business cards, but we're pretty sure the new Lumia smartphones are the first to actually use the idea. As much as we like the notion, though, we've got a few reservations. Our handsets are rather sensitive already, if last night's pocket dials were any indication.
Speaking of Synaptics, the company is also working on a number of other interesting things as of late, like thinner, touch-detecting laptop keyboards, force-sensitive mousepads, and touchscreen panels for laptops with up to 17-inch screens.
Update: Synaptics says it has distinct profiles for glove, skin and fingernail applications, and switches between them as necessary, so perhaps pocket dialing won't be such an issue.
There were some other OS features shown as well but i'm done for the night. This along with the Microsoft service is probably as close as we will get to seeing to seeing Microsoft's answer to the Vita and 3DS.

and on that note Micropsoft announced a windows Phone spin off to Crimson Dragon its panzer Dragoon spirtual speaker made by well the Panzer Dragoon team. Note they say they are intrested in the game as a franchise. Hopefully that means they can succed where Sega failed.

We are excited to announce that Crimson Dragon: Side Story is launching on Windows Phone September 12th!  The Crimson Dragon franchise is important to us and we’re doubling down on the series. Enjoy Crimson Dragon: Side Story and stay tuned for more updates coming soonGame Features:• In Story Mode, take control of Sana and her dragon White Reaver as they are sent on a special mission revolving around the mysterious pandemic called “Crimonscale Disease”.
• In Mission Mode, the player faces a variety of situations such as high difficulty stages and continuous boss battles, competing for high scores while collecting powerful skills.
• Over 170 Skills are available to be unlocked in-game, and the unlocked skills can be “awakened” in the dragon by using “jewels”. The more powerful the skill, the more jewels are required for awakening.
• Jewels are available not only through the gameplay, but also can be obtained using a location service based on calculation of the distance a player traveled per day in the real world. Additional jewels are also available for purchase. Enter a world dominated by dragons

dem mobile game graphics  *barfs*

can tell this was made as a WP& and not WP* game. That or the dev was lazy. 

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
Are you trying to sell us tablets and phones? Other than your first sentence, 95% of your post has nothing to do with the next Xbox and is only related because MS is involved somewhere by branding everything "Xbox".
I think Microsoft is going to have some serious pricing advantages. I think they are going to have a not only an on-contract model like they do with the current xbox at multiple retailers, but Cable carriers may offer the 720 as a choice as a cable box as well.
Not sure what you are getting at here. Under Kytim's scenario MS doesn't have a price advantage. In your scenario the only thing "Cheaper" is the take home sticker price, but anyone with half a brain knows at the end of the day such deals are more expensive. Also the cable offerings is very US centric. It means nothing outside of North America.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile

Those Nokia phones look nice! I wonder if Nokia will be able to make WP8 more popular; that is the reason why Microsoft chose them as their main partner, right?

With the Surface, it seems Microsoft is finally venturing into full hardware development. Hopefully the other Windows tablet and PC manufacturers won't get too pissed about Microsoft potentially stealing their sales... I wonder if this also means that Microsoft will eventually design their own phone... Then they'd really be fighting on Apple's turf.

EDIT: Speaking of the Surface, I just saw the debut marketing ad on Microsoft's website. Why does every single company use dubstep music in their commercials? Movie trailers do it, video game ads do it, and now consumer electronic ads are doing it... Dubstep is the most overhyped music fad since emo.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:12:17 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Are you trying to sell us tablets and phones? Other than your first sentence, 95% of your post has nothing to do with the next Xbox and is only related because MS is involved somewhere by branding everything "Xbox".
I think Microsoft is going to have some serious pricing advantages. I think they are going to have a not only an on-contract model like they do with the current xbox at multiple retailers, but Cable carriers may offer the 720 as a choice as a cable box as well.
Not sure what you are getting at here. Under Kytim's scenario MS doesn't have a price advantage. In your scenario the only thing "Cheaper" is the take home sticker price, but anyone with half a brain knows at the end of the day such deals are more expensive. Also the cable offerings is very US centric. It means nothing outside of North America.

The average consumer doesn't givea **** about if its more expensive in the end. If they did the US carrier bussiness wouldn't be as anti-consumer as it is. Apparnetly the program of on contract xboxs have been doing good in the west coast testing market.