Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791009 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Hey now I love all my other tech companies as well. I just give extra love to Nintendo and microsoft.

Oh the 720 will be marketed as more than just a gaming device for better or worse. The 360 is already being marketed as one and most tech blogs talk about in that sense.

During E3 more time was spent on xbox media than Halo 4.

Also look back to interviews with Bill Gates and J Allard about the OG Xbox. They always wanted it to be their ticket to owing the living room and games was just a trojan horse as stuff like roku and apple TV were still ideas.

But no I'm not that worried. Sony's overextention comes from the hardware and not the software. They have two many divisons that all develop crazy amounts of products that overlap and aren't the market leader in anything any more. Sucks as sony has been making some really cool hardware lately but the dimished brand awarness and usualy out pricing themselves out of the market hinders them.

Only hardware divisons that microsoft have are the Surface team, Xbox hardware, Kinect team, Pixelsense, R&D (unrealesed stuff and mouse and keyboards), and maybe a few minor other ones. Microsoft has the benefit of having a lot of people make hardware for them.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=478668

Thread about the leaked document that goes into detail about what to expect. Guys who happen to be pretty in the know as far as microsoft news goes (Paul Thurroht, Tom Warren, sigh Patcher) pretty much said its pretty close to what they have been hearing.

Plus we've seen microsoft

-All of Microsoft's Entertainment services being rebranded xbox across the whole ecosystem.
-The Major push at E3 about smartglass and the entertaiment features.
-Partnering with major cable companies to have the xbox work with their services (uverse,xfinity,fios)
-wanting to start a zune pass all you can eat style subscription for televison as it comes out. As well as trying to suscribe by a per channel basis.
-At one point working on its own production deal like netflix is doing with lillyhammer and arrested development. At one point they were in serious talks about Conan doing his show on xbox live.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
\
Is there any worry that Microsoft may be exhibiting something similar to Sony's too-many-departments-in-one-product effect? I mean, I think one of the main criticisms leveled at Sony's hardware is that they seem to be developed to serve too many masters, and too many consumer uses. With some of the rumblings about major swaths of X720 functionality being focused on non-gaming stuff, and worries about Windows 8 really affecting the 720's setup, does anyone think the 720 might start to resemble the PS3 or Vita in the sense that a lot of it is built for reasons OTHER than gaming?
Microsoft wants the Xbox to be the all-in-one entertainment device that dominates the living room. Games are still the forefront, but the Xbox has been adapted for other uses like streaming (Netflix and other video services), music (Zune/Xbox Music), internet (Bing and the upcoming Internet Explorer app), etc. The Xbox brand will be Microsoft's core entertainment device from now on.

It's similar to what Sony is doing with it's PlayStation brand, though the non-gaming features of the PS3 are still pretty lacking. I guess Microsoft was able to strike better deals with media companies.

Speaking of streaming services, does anyone really use Sony's Music/Video Unlimited service? Is it anything like Netflix or iTunes?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:29:24 AM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
though the non-gaming features of the PS3 are still pretty lacking.
Really?  I barely play games on mine and have been using it as my primary player of video entertainment for over 4 years now.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Really?  I barely play games on mine and have been using it as my primary player of video entertainment for over 4 years now.

Same. I have my entire movie, music, and picture library on my laptop and stream it to my PS3 through the PS3 Media Server. It works beautifully. I use it for Netflix Instant Streaming and DVD playback too. I don't know what Tendoboy is talking about.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile

Same. I have my entire movie, music, and picture library on my laptop and stream it to my PS3 through the PS3 Media Server. It works beautifully. I use it for Netflix Instant Streaming and DVD playback too. I don't know what Tendoboy is talking about.

The Xbox 360 has more streaming media apps, and Microsoft has more exclusive media content. That's what I was talking about. The Xbox 360 is essentially a multi-media box / video game system all-in-one.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
360 does have HBO GO and ESPN which PS3 doesn't have, but everything else I do with the PS3 because in my opinion the interface is so much better.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Personally prefer using kinect/voice to a controller (NUI FTW) but that aside content is a big factor. I find it odd a company with media ties like sony can't get apps and other things that microsoft can't. I mean sony owns crackle and the PS3 doesn't have a crackle while the 360 does.

This past month I've
Watched the Curiosty landing
Watched the Gamescon cod blops 2 mutiplayer Panel
Watched the republican National Convention

All Live from my xbox with the live player app. Even watched all the E3 confrences through the live player and IGN apps.

In other news MS announced a price drop on its family bundle

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/Xbox-360-4-GB-Console/productID.253888000

It was $474 but now its $299 which will probably be the starting price for the Wii U. It comes with
 Xbox 360 4 GB Console with Kinect
Kinect Sports: Season Two Xbox 360 Game for Kinect
Xbox LIVE 12-Month Gold Membership
Xbox 360 Media Remote
Xbox 360 HDMI Cable (6.5 foot)
Hulu Plus 3-Month Subscription for New or Existing Customers

Also there seems to be leaked renders of the new Nokia phones ahead of nokia world. I'm really hoping microsoft let's Nokia or the Surface team desgin the casing for the next xbox.

Lumia 920 with Pureview (4.5 inch display)

Such a good design. It curves the current lumia design while taking cues from the 5th and 6th gen ipod nano.

Lumia 820 (4.2 inch display)

Have to say I lament the death of the 3 inch phone. The Iphone was the only other hold out and it looks to be also going big as well.

Was also kind of hoping that one of the Pureview phones would be based around the funky desgin of the pureview 808.

I'm wondering if nokia is going to go with the full on 41 mp camera lens and sensor. (In testing it killed most point and shoots and was better than any camera phone around) or go with say 20 mp camera.  But none of that matters when the phone is probably going to be crappy att exclusive meaning I have to go with the 820 or another oem.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Honestly one of the biggest flaw of any Windows Phone are the Search, Back, and Windows button being touch sensitive buttons instead of clicky buttons.  I don't know how many times I've accidentally bumped those in the middle of something.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:16:06 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Personally, I much prefer the PS3's media capabilities.  I can stream anything from my PC to the thing with the PS3 Media Streamer.  It's capable of playing multiple types of files.  It has Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, VUDU, Sony's Unlimited stuff (I don't use it), the exclusive Crunchyroll app (yes it has exclusives) and it can play blurays.  Plus I just like the interface better.  It's simple and very easy to navigate.

I've only played around with the 360 a little bit (don't own one, no real desire to own one), and while it has a lot of stuff, I prefer the interface of the PS3 and the fact that I can play blurays on it, my preferred video format.

I do hope both continue to push each other.  The more these companies push to one up each other, the better the stuff we get as consumers.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Just saw that PS3 is getting NFL Sunday ticket. Microsoft probably won't get it because of their other deals.

I'm just hoping one of the consoles are abe to get MLS live next season.

But blu-ray aside I think Microsoft is better as they activly go out and try to get new applications and content compared to sony.

Also I honestly don't see how the interface of the PS3 is good for anything non gaming. Thr broswer is slow as hell and its missing features that should be on this type of device.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
Sony owns Crackle? (What is Crackle, by the way?) I'm pretty sure there is a Crackle app on the PS3. I don't know why Microsoft would get it, considering they are Sony's arch nemesis in the gaming industry.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
shingi, PS3 has had NFL Sunday Ticket before.

tendoboy, Crackle is a digital streaming service that uses flash video. They stream (for free) through services like YouTube, Hulu, AOL, and mobile devices. Sony bought it in 2007 (when it was called Grouping) and renamed it Crackle. Sony added Crackle to the PS3 in March 2011 (guess Shingi didn't know) and Microsoft added it to the Xbox 360 in November 2011.

tendo, it helps both Sony and Microsoft to have more people watching it. Besides, Blu-ray Disc uses VC-1, which is a video format created by Microsoft.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Lack of research on my part regarding crackle. Still great service if you can take raw anime.

Also it looks like the dashboard beta has really started. I was already in and had Intenet exploer the new dashboar, and the new music and video apps. But today I got a beta tab saying the beta had started and that this would be the area to look for preview games and apps.

Looked in it and saw the beta for microsofts first free to play moba style game Happy Wars which shoukd be launching sometime next month.

Hope they suprise us with a Halo 4 beta.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
shingi, PS3 has had NFL Sunday Ticket before.

tendoboy, Crackle is a digital streaming service that uses flash video. They stream (for free) through services like YouTube, Hulu, AOL, and mobile devices. Sony bought it in 2007 (when it was called Grouping) and renamed it Crackle. Sony added Crackle to the PS3 in March 2011 (guess Shingi didn't know) and Microsoft added it to the Xbox 360 in November 2011.

tendo, it helps both Sony and Microsoft to have more people watching it. Besides, Blu-ray Disc uses VC-1, which is a video format created by Microsoft.

It's funny how Microsoft and Sony share tech and apps like that. I guess the term "frienemies" applies here. But you'd never see Sony make anything for Nintendo, or vice versa.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
Lack of research on my part regarding crackle. Still great service if you can take raw anime.

Also it looks like the dashboard beta has really started. I was already in and had Intenet exploer the new dashboar, and the new music and video apps. But today I got a beta tab saying the beta had started and that this would be the area to look for preview games and apps.

Looked in it and saw the beta for microsofts first free to play moba style game Happy Wars which shoukd be launching sometime next month.

Hope they suprise us with a Halo 4 beta.

So Microsoft finally brought Internet Explorer to the Xbox. Hopefully it's better than the awful browser Sony uses for PlayStation devices. Nintendo's browser is just bad too, but it's still better than what Sony offers. With IE on the Xbox, we finally get a real web browser for game systems!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I wouldn't call Internet Explorer a real web browser.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Until the day Firefox shows up, there won't be a real browser on any console. Maybe we will see it happen on Ouya.
is your sanity...

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
IE has been solid since 8 and IE9 and IE10 reviewing really well. Not only that but the Internet Explorer team has been pretty active when it comes to pushing HTML5 content. That and IE10 is one of the only broswers out to support multii touch gestures in broswer.

http://windowsteamblog.com/ie/b/ie/archive/2012/08/09/with-internet-explorer-10-pulse-comes-to-the-web.aspx
 http://windowsteamblog.com/ie/b/ie/archive/2012/08/29/atari-online-ie-brings-classic-games-to-the-web-with-html5-and-multi-touch.aspx
 http://windowsteamblog.com/ie/b/ie/archive/2012/07/24/a-new-way-to-window-shop-the-web.aspx
 http://windowsteamblog.com/ie/b/ie/archive/2012/05/16/now-recruiting-for-weyland-industries-internet-explorer-partners-with-fox-for-prometheus-movie.aspx

Too bad past iterations of IE has given it a bad name.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
All iterations of IE are bad because they murdered Netscape and became a Monopoly.
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
And that's why today we live in a world where Internet Explorer is your only option.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Netscape came back as Firefox like Return of the Jedi.

Remember when Microsoft ran Real Player out of business? good times.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I'm 20 I don't remember any of that stuff.

And I'm not sure how that is reflective on a good product today.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
I'm 20 I don't remember any of that stuff.

And I'm not sure how that is reflective on a good product today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft
is your sanity...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Your only 20? That explains a lot.

Google Microsoft Bob, or Microsoft Money, or Zune.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Microsoft Money was not a failure though, they released it for 18 years.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20