Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791019 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
What makes fable heroes non hardcore.

Exclusive content is exclusive content. Microsoft does fund most of those games though.

Id consider most of sonys psn content a boon and its not done internally either.

Still find it ironic that people are calling games shovelware just because of the platform on a nintendo website.

It doesn't matter what platform it is, shovelware = casual. And most of Sony's games are developed by their internal studios, same as Nintendo. Microsoft seems keen on publishing games for 3rd party companies. Their 1st-party output is rather poor.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:03:15 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Kinect Seasme Street TV - September 16th

Is it just me or is there something disturbing about that cover which shows some disembodied head floating in the air looking like its chasing after Elmo, and look how Elmo notices the threat this severed head poses and how he trying to evade it. Meanwhile, the little girl seems to be directing that severed floating head to attack Elmo. The way it all looks just seems kinda messed up to me.

It does say "Rating Pending" though, so maybe it isn't really a kiddie game? Maybe its some M rated survival horror game or something?

ETA: And why is Grover in the little girl's living room making off with a box of potatoes? WTF is up with that?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:35:05 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
LOL, Chozo Ghost. THat reminds me of....

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
How many of these Kinect games are being developed by Rare? They could be making Killer Instinct 3 but Microsoft would rather them make kiddie games.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
I could have sworn that Nintendo hold the rights to Killer Instinct...
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
there was a KI reference in grabbed by the ghoulies

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
How many of these Kinect games are being developed by Rare? They could be making Killer Instinct 3 but Microsoft would rather them make kiddie games.

That's because Microsoft is evolving into a Kiddie company with Kiddie priorities.

I foresee the "dude broes" COD/Halo crowd to get fed up with them and migrate to either the Wii U or the PS4 (or both).
is your sanity...

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
That will never happen. Xbox is very much still considered to the hardest of the hardcore.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
That will never happen. Xbox is very much still considered to the hardest of the hardcore.

People said the same thing about Rare. Now look at them. Things change.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop

Kinect Sesame Street TV is from Microsoft Studios - Soho Production.
Kinect Nat Geo TV is from Relentless Software (12 of their 18 games have been Sony's "Buzz" games)
Kinect Sports: Ultimate Edition is just a compilation of the first two Kinect Sports games
Fable: The Journey is from Lionhead Studios
Dance Central 3 is from Harmonix
Forza Horizon is from Playground Games and Turn 10 Studios
Nike+ Kinect Training is from Sumo Digital
Halo 4 is from 343 Industries

Rare hasn't really made a "kiddy" game, just more casual games that probably sell better than KI would. The only title on that list made by Rare, and that is just putting 2 of their previous games together in one package.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
Its stupid how Microsoft seemed so determined to own Rare, but now that they do they are making very poor use of them. The stuff they are making Rare do is stuff that any second rate studio could throw together. I understand the bulk of the core talent is gone, but Microsoft owns the Rare IPs. Why not put them to some use for christsake? Otherwise they might as well have just made a new studio from scratch and staffed it with random nobodys.
is your sanity...

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Does it matter if the games are first party though. As a gamer unless your a uber fanboy it shouldn't. Because in most cases the pub is still paying for the game and most likely keeps the IP. Alotof goodnintendo games have been done by third parties and my favorite sony franchise Rachnet and Clank is done by a studio that sony does not own.

And microsoft bought rare to make money. Kinect sports would make more money than killer insticnt because of the market its aimed at as well as the fighter market is over stuffed.

The good news is that Rare has been working on next gen for two years now. Kinect sports 2 was done by a smaller team with help from Bigpark who did most of the work and dlc. the collection also seems tobe done by a small team. That coupled with the job postings of rare working on three next gen games and have been hiring people as of late from the sonic all stars racing team and some other notable people.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Yeah, I wish Microsoft put as much effort into Banjo Kazooie as it did Halo.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Well banjo wouldn't need it in the first place. Sony seems to push out rachent and clank games on a regular basis.

Like I said rare is working on two games for next gen and those are the ones we know of. Wouldn't be a strech to bring back banjo as microsoft is aiming for the family.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Like I said rare is working on two games for next gen and those are the ones we know of.

Where have you seen this? The most I can find is them "protoyping" ideas for Xbox 3, but they've been doing that for the last 4 years.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
So rare is hiring for "multiple AAA releases". When's the last time they actually made a AAA game? Perfect Dark?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Kinect sports

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Kinect Sports is in no way a AAA title.

J.P. Corbran

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
What makes a game AAA. Thought it had to due with how much marketing and budget was behind it?

Of not that than Nuts and Bolts or Viva Pinata 2.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
It depends on whose definition you use, but I think a good general idea of it is a big, high quality, fully featured game. As much as I like Nuts & Bolts, I wouldn't put it in that category, and Viva Pinata's just the wrong mindset.

To be fair, I'm not even sure they've tried to make a AAA game since Perfect Dark Zero, but that was in development for like five years and was a total mess. All the talent that was with that studio is gone, either to Free Radical/Crytek UK or somewhere else. All Rare is these days is a mediocre studio with a name that has a lot of history, so what they're working on really shouldn't be exciting to anyone.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
Kinect Sports is in no way a AAA title.

Neither is Wii Sports, and yet many people seem to think it is. If enough people think something is AAA then it becomes AAA even if it really isn't.
is your sanity...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Does Chozo Ghost want the Next Xbox to fail?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
Does Chozo Ghost want the Next Xbox to fail?

If you have to pay to play it online, sure.
is your sanity...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
AAA is a generic buzz word, i think we had this discussion in another thread recently.