Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791045 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
I don't know what Microsoft needs to do to get me back on their side, but their brand of exclusives, Kinect, and paying for XBL aren't helping. I hope they show something less shooty and race-y and step outside their comfort zone.

Xbla man

I'm still going with a 2013 release with a first details coming in the December 2012-March 2013 time frame.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I don't know what Microsoft needs to do to get me back on their side, but their brand of exclusives, Kinect, and paying for XBL aren't helping. I hope they show something less shooty and race-y and step outside their comfort zone.

Xbla man

I'm still going with a 2013 release with a first details coming in the December 2012-March 2013 time frame.
Microsoft will not announce anything major like a new console this Winter because Windows 8 is coming out and they need to focus all of there message to that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
CES or GDC 2013 will be the earliest they show the new console.  And even then, I expect they wait until CES or GDC 2014, especially if they don't plan to release it until 2014.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
MS already pulled out of CES next year, though. And they've pulled out of Gamescom and TGS this year as well.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
That's alot of pulling out.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
That's alot of pulling out.

Just like college.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
These days, it's more like middle school. :P

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
These days, it's more like middle school. :P

In my days it was middle school too....

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Oh man. I guess things never change.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Yep. But to be fair they don't need CES or gamescon as much as the other guys do. They're going apple style now holding there own events. The only thing reason they are going to stay in E3 is because of the media coverage.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Yep. But to be fair they don't need CES or gamescon as much as the other guys do. They're going apple style now holding there own events. The only thing reason they are going to stay in E3 is because of the media coverage.
Microsoft normally holds a lot of there own events anyway.  It would make sense.

CES and some of the other events I think MS has been waiting to pull out only because they have a lot of partners and it helped them for MS to have a presence.  They just don't see the benefit anymore.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Sigh, another gaming site that completely ignores the Wii U and does not consider it in the same generation as PS4/nexbox.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
That link has Bioware in it.  I'm skipping it.  I've been burn by ME and SWTOR so thats it.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
Sigh, another gaming site that completely ignores the Wii U and does not consider it in the same generation as PS4/nexbox.

They also manage to ignore the Wii entirely despite having a large portion of the article devoted to motion control and the people they can find who hate it.  They mention both move and kinect multiple times while only mentioning wii because it is in the resume of someone they interviewed.  I didn't think people still believed they could force the wii to never have existed if they just ignored it hard enough.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:18:46 PM by SixthAngel »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Microsoft Secures 'Xbox 8' Domain
« Reply #615 on: July 10, 2012, 12:16:16 AM »
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/07/03/microsoft-secures-39-xbox-39-8-domain-name.aspx

Does this suggest "Xbox 8" will be the name of the next Xbox? The way this could make sense is if it somehow has Windows 8 integrated into or installed onto it.
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
It would make sense in a cross branding sort of way with both Windows and Windows Phone 8, but I don't think the name "Xbox 8" makes sense in its own context. It's probably just a way to make sure no one else is using the domain name. Lots of companies by up domains that they never use to keep others from using them.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
Another possibility is they are thinking ahead for the distant future, like say 30 years from now when they might get to an 8th Xbox system.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
I think they just wanted to snag any domains from domain-squatters that people might think are about Microsoft products.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
XBox 8 wouldn't be a bad name for a promotion.  They may call it XBox 8 though.  This time around rumor has it that MS is going to actually try to tie there massive desperate set of products together like they should have leverage earlier.  So all your Windows 8 things will just be able to talk with each other without a problem.  Seamlessly.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
If you think about it, jumping ahead to Xbox 8 even though its only the third Xbox seems weird, but is that really any different from jumping from the Xbox 1 to the Xbox 360? Its the same basic principle. Sony will almost certainly name their next console PS4 so by having an Xbox 8 it kinda gives an impression that its 4 models ahead of the PS4.... that's not true of course, and anyone with even the most basic knowledge of this stuff would know better, but its something that could dupe the casual uninformed crowd.

People who don't know any better will look at the Xbox 8 and think "Wow! This Xbox brand must be really good if its been around so long that its now up to its 8th generation. It must be tried and true, unlike that Playstation brand which has only been around half that long."
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Xbox 360 makes some sense though, like saying it's uniting the world or is the full circle. There is no way to spin Xbox 8 though.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Nobody in their right mind would think the Xbox 360 is the 360th Xbox. That's absurd. 8, being a reasonable number, can cause that confusion. Nintendo is on 6, so 8 is still in the ballpark.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
They may call it Xbox Infinite like the old rumor suggested. Infinity sign looking like the number 8 of course.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I am really curious about this next generation.  I am really pondering when the earliest and latest the new systems can come out.

I believe the launching of the PS4 and new Xbox will be the earliest December 2013.  This gives Nintendo a head start of only a year...which may or may not be a good head start.

That being said, Nintendo didn't super leap the current generations...I am not saying the Wii U is under powered...but that Microsoft and Sony don't have to fear the Wii U as making their systems look obsolete.  So they could push for 2014...but is that likely?

I lean to it not being likely, except that Microsoft and Sony could use that extra year to make more profit, help wait out the technology to be truly revolutionary...in power leaps from last generation.  And for Sony use that time to help correct the sinking ship that is the PSP Vita. 

This leads me to believe that next year all 3 companies will be enjoying some nice profits, and if Nintendo gets a 2 year head start on the next generation...it won't matter if the other systems are 5 times more powerful...Nintendo and Nintendo gamers, already had 2 full years of great gaming at the top of the food chain...and hopefully a large enough hardware lead to help Nintendo maintain that momentum.