Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 790994 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
So does this mean Kinect 2 will mark the return of the Joystick (by "Joystick" I mean a certain part of the male anatomy) as an input method? ;)

I'm just joking... but imagine being able to play the God of War sex mini games this way....
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
So does this mean Kinect 2 will mark the return of the Joystick (by "Joystick" I mean a certain part of the male anatomy) as an input method? ;)

I'm just joking... but imagine being able to play the God of War sex mini games this way....

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:14:55 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
You know, I am so fucking sick and tired of seeing that dance move. Chicks seem to dig it because it's all sexual and ****, but that is not how you have sex. Either you're kicking the **** out of her or she's in some sort of yoga pose.

EDIT:
Some on topic, lip reading? Really? Is there even software that can seriously do that? Weren't there problems voice recognition? I could only imagine lips being worse.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:45:14 PM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I don't care how big it is, you're moving way to much. You're gonna miss and often.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Yeah, Research wise. There has been lip reading software used successfully on silent films to get what people were actually saying.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Oh, well nevermind then.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
Any movements involving the hips would be considered sexual whether they would work in a sexual way or not. I remember watching some documentary about Elvis and apparently him gyrating his hips was a big deal back in the 50s.

As for Kinect or any similar motion thing, apparently neither Sony nor Microsoft nor Nintendo will allow sex games on their consoles, so a Kinect compatible sex game will never happen, sadly. The God of War sex was only allowed because it didn't show anything... except boobs which are apparently okay with an M rating, but not genitalia.
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I don't think anyone was reasonably expecting a sex game for Kinect. The dance games might get more interesting though.

God of War got a pass because I think Sony really wanted it to be edgier, and the team wanted to see if they could get away with it.

And we could talk about how silly it is that boobs are ok and maybe a few bums but no genitals are allowed, but the ESRB is a lot better than the MPAA. You wanna talk about crazy, inconsistent ratings, go that route.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
but the ESRB is a lot better than the MPAA. You wanna talk about crazy, inconsistent ratings, go that route.

Yep, people should go see This Film is Not Yet Rated for a look at how bad the MPAA is. I don't remember if that movie covers it, but bigger studios are able to get away with more stuff. There was also some controversy because a movie that was about homosexuality got a NC-17 rating when it had basically the same amount and type of content that other movies (with heterosexual characters) got a R rating for.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Yeah, that film covers how bigger studios have an edge over indie ones. It's on Netflix Instant, if anyone is curious. I first heard about it on Box Office Poison, so shoutouts to Karl.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
MS replaces Xbox design boss & "supports" 2013 release date.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57343102-75/microsoft-replaces-veteran-xbox-design-boss/
As Microsoft's Xbox group moves toward launching a successor to the Xbox 360, it will do so without the brand and design leadership of Don Coyner, who has guided that strategy since the console's inception more than a decade ago.

Two sources who work for Microsoft say Coyner is no longer leading the design and experience group for Xbox. One of those sources said Coyner was replaced by Emma Williams, who helped guide the just-launched redesign of the Xbox Live interface.

Microsoft declined to confirm or deny the organization changes. "We don't comment on personnel issues," a spokesman said.
[...]
Williams, Coyner's replacement, will be tasked with guiding the design and brand strategy as the group moves toward launching the next console. The game developer Web site Develop recently pegged the launch of the next console for 2013, something a source on the Xbox team confirmed. Microsoft declined to comment on the timing of the next Xbox.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
That sounds about right.  2012 E3 Rough Reveal with probably the Kinect 2 stuff ready for showing but not the beefy insides and a close concept model of the console itself.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
I don't like the new design of the dashboard, and it seems I am in the majority on this (based on reactions i've seen online and in podcasts. And the woman who basically is responsible for it is now in charge of the whole Xbox division?

2013 is kinda late for the Xbox 3, but there was no way it was coming in 2012 if they hadn't even confirmed its existence yet.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Isn't the new Xbox Dashboard just a Metro-ized interface? If you don't like it on the Xbox, you sure aren't going to like it on your PC next year. :(
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
I just got Windows 7 last December, so I sure as hell won't be updating to Windows 8 anytime soon.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Isn't the new Xbox Dashboard just a Metro-ized interface? If you don't like it on the Xbox, you sure aren't going to like it on your PC next year. :(
Its a Bastardized version of Metro.  I've been using Windows Phone 7 with the Metro Interface for a year now and it is great.  I don't have a 360 but I've watched videos of the new interface.  Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking.

If Windows 8 is like the 360 Bastardization of the interface yeah its going to be bad.  If its like the Phone 7 interface its going to be the Hotness.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I think MS is gonna have a really big edge here, if the Kinect being under used thing turns out to be true since they won't have to put out a new one.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
If Windows 8 is like the 360 Bastardization of the interface yeah its going to be bad.  If its like the Phone 7 interface its going to be the Hotness.

I wouldn't know what to compare it with, honestly. I've been running the Developer's Preview of Windows 8 in a virtual machine for a few months now. The new Metro interface is not viable for a desktop environment at all. It is very clearly designed for tablets and smart phones, where I'm sure it excels. You can revert back to the more manageable Aero interface, but there is thus far no way to default to it.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Rumor has it that while Assassins Creed III will be aimed at Wii U, Splinter Cell 6 will be aimed at the nextgen Xbox.

Rumor also has it that the new name being circulated is XboxFusion

www.XboxFusion.com (it redirects you back to xbox.com)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Rumor has it that while Assassins Creed III will be aimed at Wii U, Splinter Cell 6 will be aimed at the nextgen Xbox.

Rumor also has it that the new name being circulated is XboxFusion

www.XboxFusion.com (it redirects you back to xbox.com)
That sounds more like an integrations strategy.  XBox Fusion Everything from Your Xbox.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
A Fusion of what?

I'm going to guess its going to be Kinect integrated directly into the console itself, as opposed to being a peripheral. That, plus the obligatory beefing up of the specs.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
You can't integrate Kinect into the console itself.
unless you think you can mount the entire console ontop of the TV or directly infront of it and have a motor that is still gonna move it around so that it can capture the people in its view.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Assassins Creed III is Brotherhood, Revelations was the Forth (main) game. 

Ubisoft did state they were working an Assassin Creed project at E3 for the 3DS and WII U.  The 3ds version was put on "hold", not sure if they continued to work on the WII U project? 

If they were going to make an excluisve then I assume they would make an spinoff.  There was plenty of "subjects" prior to Desmond that took their turns in the Animus chair so it would be easy enough to do--some of the anime and books brush up on this.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Brotherhood and Revelations are part of the same universe as II and were basically side projects, the sameways Vice City and San Andreas were part of the GTA III universe (hence why the next one was GTA IV), so the next one could very well be Assassin's Creed III.