Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 790995 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
360 came out in 2005, why would a new system being ready at the end of year 7 be a surprise? Especially when it's been rumored for quite some time (see thread OP) that it was coming near end of 2012?
Mostly because MS didn't play that card even official rumor wise when Nintendo announced the Wii U.

I see the system showing up next year hardware complete but, I don't see it being ready to go by Christmas.

Lets say the rumor is true and Alpha Dev hardware is going out in December.  1 year to make a good series of launch titles for the system just seems way to short.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
I actually hope Microsoft does release a new Xbox next year. I also hope it's powerful and expensive. If Nintendo can hit the $250 mark again, then it's the Wii all over again.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I've heard that the tablet is more expensive than we want to believe, and that the Wii U specs are still a moving target, so I wouldn't hold out for a $250 price point, but you just never know.

With MS supposedly aiming for a 6core CPU and dual GPUs, i'm expecting them to come in at around the same place they did this gen, $400.

I'd be happy if Nintendo could keep it sub $350 ($299.99 would be good) and keep it competitive with the  feature set and keep Online Free.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
If the cost of the tablet forces Nintendo to lower the specs, I'm going to be pissed off.  That would the Wii again, where specs are compromised in favour of a gimmicky controller.  If Nintendo wants to force us to buy their gimmick controller they should just eat it and take less of a profit or potentially break even on it.  Once you compromise the hardware you're putting all your eggs in the gimmick basket and that's the whole Wii problem right there.  They said "motion control is all we got!" and every third party developer that doesn't make shovelware trash said "Okay then.  See ya."

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
The Holy 200-250 Price spot isn't realistic at all anymore.  That like saying gas should only be 80 cents or less because that what it was when the first time that price point was used.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Nintendo just needs to not be scare of the higher price point. They clearly weren't with the 3DS, but after having to slash it so early, the position might have changed.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
Does anyone here actually plan to buy this anywhere near release after the RROD fiasco?  If it comes out in 2012 it seems like they are rushing it too.

I doubt it comes out in 2012 though.  There just wouldn't be the software for it unless they take the Twilight Princess approach with a bunch of games (including third parties).

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
I doubt it comes out in 2012 though.  There just wouldn't be the software for it unless they take the Twilight Princess approach with a bunch of games (including third parties).

That pretty much describes the launch of the Xbox 360 too.

I think Microsoft will be more careful with the hardware than they were with the Xbox 360, it cost them over $1 billion and got a lot of bad publicity and I don't think they would want a repeat of that.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
I've said it before, but I think most of these rumors aren't about a gaming console, but rather an Xbox-branded set-top box for Video-on-demand, comparable to the Roku XS. Yeah, the thing may be able to play a few basic games, but with the rumor about the loop having an ARM-based processor, I don't see it being a power-based gaming machine. I think rumors are being crossed, and the loop, or whatever the machine with a "Zune-like interface" is going to be called isn't going to be a 360 successor, but rather an expansion of the Xbox brand, plain and simple.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
The Wii U will be $249.99.... eventually... after a year or two when the price is cut. But it won't launch that cheap.

$299.99 is possible, but I'm seeing $329.99 or $349.99 as more likely targets.

I've said it before, but I think most of these rumors aren't about a gaming console, but rather an Xbox-branded set-top box for Video-on-demand, comparable to the Roku XS. Yeah, the thing may be able to play a few basic games, but with the rumor about the loop having an ARM-based processor, I don't see it being a power-based gaming machine. I think rumors are being crossed, and the loop, or whatever the machine with a "Zune-like interface" is going to be called isn't going to be a 360 successor, but rather an expansion of the Xbox brand, plain and simple.

Isn't ARM processors generally used in handheld devices? Therefore, perhaps this Xbox Loop is the Xbox line's long overdue entry into the handheld arena?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 05:32:36 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
MS has made it pretty clear that Phone 7 is the closest you'll get to an XBox portable.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Supposedly Blizzard got a neXbox1080 Dev Kit
no other details about it except that it was more official than slapped together computer parts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Supposedly Blizzard got a neXbox1080 Dev Kit
no other details about it except that it was more official than slapped together computer parts.
Blizzard/Activision I be surprised if they didn't get one.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
MS has made it pretty clear that Phone 7 is the closest you'll get to an XBox portable.

Yeah, that was then. This is now. Now, the iPod Touch is a viable multimedia device that isn't exactly a hand-held MP3 player, movie player, or game machine. And guess what? The Xbox isn't exactly just a game machine, but also a social media device and a video player.

All I'm saying is that something can have the Xbox name without being only about games. At this point, Xbox is about simplicity-driven media. Games, TV, movies, and sports for now. Why not add music on the go, give it a zune-like interface, and hit the market again? It wouldn't be a gaming-focused machine, but the name "Xbox" would fit well. We've seen Xbox Live featured on the Windows Phone already, after all.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Does anyone here actually plan to buy this anywhere near release after the RROD fiasco?  If it comes out in 2012 it seems like they are rushing it too.

After all the revisions and refunds they had to do, I'm sure they've learned their lesson about that. I couldn't imagine something like that happening again. It'd be silly.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
After all the revisions and refunds they had to do, I'm sure they've learned their lesson about that. I couldn't imagine something like that happening again. It'd be silly.
This isn't a lesson companies need to learn.  No one wants to lose a billion dollars because they rushed a system out and every company already has systems in place to avoid these things.   It was already silly that it happened once.  Besides, I think that they believe the faulty models were well worth the head start they got on the other systems.

I also find the idea that a company that absolutely screwed the pooch once won't do it again because they learned their lesson absolutely abhorrent.  Companies that do something bad like this once quite often do something similar again because the underlying problem is in their culture and how they run their business.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I think they just underestimated the level of risk they were taking. The year's advantage probably helped them a whole a lot especially since Sony stumbled even more out of the gate than MS did.
I think you might be a little bit harsh on MS. I think they get one more shot at a **** up like that before it's a real problem.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
*shrug*
Since the 360 and Vista MS has been trying to address the type of mentality that let a faulty product go out like that.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
will Xbox remain Green, I think a Fuchsia color scheme would be cool.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
will Xbox remain Green, I think a Fuchsia color scheme would be cool.
It will stay green.  There is a story behind that.  I'll find an article or type it out when I'm at my comp.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I don't want the Sounders jerseys to be fuchsia.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
The Xbox brand is firmly entrenched in green, I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Green or no green, Pachter says that we are crazy if we think a new Xbox is coming before 2014.
He says all these leaks are about a new version of Xbox360 designed to run Win8.
http://www.industrygamers.com/news/xbox-720-wont-launch-until-2014-rumors-for-2012-are-just-plain-silly/
"Those rumors are silly. Microsoft is still selling a ton of Xbox 360s, and they won't replace the existing one until sales begin to slow. I think the rumors are based upon leaks about modifying the current Xbox 360 to allow it to operate Windows 8," Pachter commented. "I fully expect a new model of Xbox 360 by holiday 2012, but don't think we see a new console altogether from Microsoft until 2014."

To hell with capitalizing on current successes... MS should wait till 360 dies down before releasing the next gen hardware. No worries with leaving Nintendo to scoop up all those fanbois desperate for hotter graphics with advanced cloth and boob physics.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:19:55 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Is it just me, or does Pachter shooting it down make you more likely to believe it is coming next year?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Well I think it's perfectly plausible that MS is gonna release a WiiXboxHD in the next 12 months.

edit: I forgot to add the  ::)  just in case the sarcasm wasn't think enough to drip off like syrup.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:47:49 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »