Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791025 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile

Still sounds like the next XBox.  Phone7 uses XNA already for games.

Cheaper than the 360
Smaller than the 360
and based on ARM?

that doesn't sound like the next Xbox to me. Not based on previous rumors about AMD Fusion based designs that were going around before hand.... unless that AMD "leak" really was related to Nintendo afterall (which hardly seems possible since IBM is doing the CPU).

and the leaker is calling it XboxTV.
Sounds more like a spin off companion device that will still allow games (download only?) but be aimed more at the casual audience like AppleTV meets Wii (minus the disc based games) only with Xbox branding. Something cheap to go under all the other TV's you have in the house but still allow you to use your XBL account and use all of it's features (Netflix, Hulu+, Facebook, Twitter, XBLA, etc etc)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
unless that AMD "leak" really was related to Nintendo afterall (which hardly seems possible since IBM is doing the CPU).

Which AMD leak?  'Cause AMD bought ATI, who made Nintendo's last two graphics chips, so both AMD and IBM are probably involved in Wii U.  Was the leak about CPU specs specifically?

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Could Microsoft develope a tablet controller of their own to go up against the Wii U before releasing the Xbox 720?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
unless that AMD "leak" really was related to Nintendo afterall (which hardly seems possible since IBM is doing the CPU).

Which AMD leak?  'Cause AMD bought ATI, who made Nintendo's last two graphics chips, so both AMD and IBM are probably involved in Wii U.  Was the leak about CPU specs specifically?
This rumor
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=32855.msg645130#msg645130
and this rumor (March - no link, I didn't want to out the source and possibly get him fired)
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=16688.msg676207#msg676207

It was basically that an AMD employee mentioned that they were working on a "Fusion" based chip for a major console that was to be ready to ship by the end of 2012. He said that they were told to push the schedule forward to earlier in the year, so now they were in sort of a crunch time at work.

He didn't specify which of the 3 it was and since we all assumed that AMD wasn't fusioning an IBM CPU with an AMD GPU for Nintendo, that it must have been another chip for MS. That is when a lot of speculation that X720 was gonna launch at the end of 2012 to compete with Wii2 (now known as Wii U) was going on.

It also has to be known that (AFAIK) the Xbox Slim redesign was a sort of "fusion"ing of the AMD GPU and the IBM CPU onto a single chip reducing the power draw and improving the overall performance of the chip since it was now done at a smaller fab process.

With rumors that Xbox720 isn't coming till atleast 2013 and maybe not until 2014, I guess it could be possible that a joint effort between IBM and AMD could produce a "fusion"ed chip for Nintendo. But the supposed "leak" hasn't been proven in any way and the original "leak" hasn't commented on it since. So who knows what's really going on.

Also IBM already stated that they are doing 45nm for the Wii U GPU and AMD is pushing for something that is likely much smaller than that (hopefully 28nm). So I really don't see the Wii U being a mixed nm SoC... but I don't know if that is even possible or not.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Why not?
Its well known that MS coding Windows 8 with Arm in mind as a platform.  By the description it has pretty much specialized processors for all the common pieces of a game.  Microsoft saw the price point for true consumer level and even though the 360 was better then the Xbox I'm sure they learned from it to lower the cost more.  MS needs to solid profits this time because the XBox isn't helping  the core MS brand as much as originally wanted.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Please call it Xbox 420 instead of Xbox 720. 4 comes after 3 so it makes more sense.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
and 2 comes after 1 but they still called it 360, so whats your point?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
It's also a fairer reflection of the Xbox's target market.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
It's also a fairer reflection of the Xbox's target market.

+1
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Xbox "Ten" in 2012
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »
Xbox Ten... 80? release 2012!?
http://twit.tv/show/windows-weekly/233
Rumor: Next Xbox will be announced at CES 2012
Codenamed TEN, is all about Metro, embedded Silverlight and an Apple-like integration with Windows and Windows Phone
The dashboard preview is supposedly this week (tomorrow?) and will include the Bing search integration, Live TV hooks and more
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 07:56:30 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Xbox Ten... 80? release 2012!?
http://twit.tv/show/windows-weekly/233
Rumor: Next Xbox will be announced at CES 2012
Codenamed TEN, is all about Metro, embedded Silverlight and an Apple-like integration with Windows and Windows Phone
The dashboard preview is supposedly this week (tomorrow?) and will include the Bing search integration, Live TV hooks and more
About time.  Microsoft shouldn't have been behind integration wis with Apple considering how obvious it was.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
The problem is though that the stuff it will integrate with is pure horseshit.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile

I predict the next Xbox will be prone to viruses and BSODs.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Compared to what?
You must hate all phone and computer OSes if you believe that.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
Compared to what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLhuF3L48U
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Compared to what?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLhuF3L48U
They've confirmed Windows 98 integration?  Well thats a shocker considering its been EoL for over 10 years now. 

I mean officially XP is no longer supported as well.  Its in extended support.  Vista loses support next year which will be before this comes out.  So we are talking Phone 7 and Windows 7.

Frankly parity between OSes have really never been higher.
I doubt any of you have used Phone 7 extensively.  At the worse its on par to iOS and Android but, I rarely find anyone whose had a problem with the Phones and the OS itself.

Its cool to not like Windows.  That I understand but, from a clean slate its not really that bad at all now.  Unfortunetly though most of the world really love XP which MS is really trying to get people to move from.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Its cool to not like Windows.  That I understand but, from a clean slate its not really that bad at all now.  Unfortunetly though most of the world really love XP which MS is really trying to get people to move from.

Well, alot of people were burned by Vista to the point that they begged to be downgraded back to XP and now refuse to move on. Windows7 has been great so far though, so I hope they atleast keep it on par with that and let everyone else know that Win7 is what Vista was supposed to be so that they feel comfortable upgrading to something more modern.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile

Well, alot of people were burned by Vista to the point that they begged to be downgraded back to XP and now refuse to move on. Windows7 has been great so far though, so I hope they atleast keep it on par with that and let everyone else know that Win7 is what Vista was supposed to be so that they feel comfortable upgrading to something more modern.
Yeah, I was burned by Vista because the Beta version was better then the Release version.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
XboxInfinty @ CES 2012!?
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2011, 10:50:47 AM »
Xbox Loop/Ten/1080 to have a Hexacore CPU, Dual GPUs & 2GB DDR3 RAM?
Sounds great, except for the DDR3 part.
http://www.xboxygen.com/Xbox-720/Nouvelle-Xbox-CES-2012-et-GPU-ATI
Quote from: Translation
We have already talked about a lot of the new Xbox and the name of Loop Xbox has already come twice. Today is another source who told Xboxygen some new details about the next Xbox. We will not disclose obviously not his name, but just know that it is near the middle of Microsoft .

Our source tells us that the project first began in 2005 and is divided into two parts: Part Infinity for all that hardware and part Loop for the software.

It also tells us that an announcement will be made at CES 2012. Not necessarily with a huge announcement of the first games already, but we should have some information on the new console, as some of its capabilities. CPU level, it would be a hexa-core with 2GB of DDR3, and our source also told us of a prototype dual-GPU AMD. We could not know the RAM.

Apparently Sony is also on the alert for the Playstation 4 and the teams also expect an announcement not so long ago by the Japanese giant.

The CES 2012 will start on January 10 and count on us to follow very closely what will have to say Microsoft for this show. This is an opportunity to confirm this information or not.

Nintendo is supposed to be sharing some more Wii U news after Xmas or early next year too.
Maybe we will get that Wii U update at CES too.

I guess that will make Sony the odd man out this next Generation.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:34:31 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
So "Xbox Loop" is the name of the new console?

With a name like that, plus with the Kinect and the focus on that, I predict the Xbox brand's popularity with hardcore gamers is likely to diminish somewhat.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The rumor I posted a week or so ago stated that it was codenamed Xbox Loop

The rumor today states that the hardware is codenamed Infinity & the software is codenamed Loop.

If you put that together, you get Xbox InfinityLoop or XboxL∞p or maybe even Xbox∞

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
XBox Loop isn't the name of the console if the latest rumor is to believe.  Infinity and Loop are out because MS almost never names there system after code names.

This is also sort of consistent with the earlier rumor where the system had dedicated processors for each section.  Though in this case it would be dedicated cores which now days amounts to about the same thing.

Dual Core GPU makes me think that the second isn't really for graphics but for physics processing and other things that lend themselves to being done on a GPU.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Devs get XboxL∞p SDK's before years end?
http://www.next-gen.biz/news/next-generation-arrive-2012
Ubisoft Montreal is hard at work on 'target boxes' based on the intended specifications of Microsoft’s Xbox 360 successor, according to an Edge source. Delivery of the first iteration of genuine devkits, running custom hardware, is expected to reach studios before Christmas, and all signs point to the finalised console arriving at retail in late 2012.

Ubisoft’s teams are said to be working on PCs containing off-the-shelf components provided by Microsoft, and it’s our understanding that several other major developers, including certain EA studios, are also in possession of these target boxes. While our source was unable to share precise specifications, it is believed that AMD is providing the bespoke GPU solution for Microsoft’s console. A Ubisoft spokesperson said: "We do not comment on rumour and speculation."

We can also reveal that one major Sony-owned studio has now ceased PlayStation 3 development, its entire focus having shifted to the console’s successor. The studio is also said to have been involved in the development process of the graphics technology adopted by Sony’s new hardware.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:56:18 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Considering the time it takes to make games for the PS3 I wouldn't be to surprised to see work start on a 2014 Launch title now.  Though I be very surprised to see the next XBox out at Christmas next year.  Very surprised.

Now I fully expect the next version of Direct X to be finished and pushed out for consumer use on the PC by then.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
360 came out in 2005, why would a new system being ready at the end of year 7 be a surprise? Especially when it's been rumored for quite some time (see thread OP) that it was coming near end of 2012?