Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791037 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Nickmitch, what is your avatar supposed to be? I find it disturbing. Looks like a human head with the skin removed and the flesh and stuff exposed. I can't read the caption because it is too small. What is the skinless skull saying?
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
It's Zombie Deadpool. Marvel Comics had a special where, in a parallel universe, everyone was zombies. Deadpool got in to the "real world" though. Deadpool being already hideous means his zombie form is extra gross.

Edit:
Here's a larger version:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:51:13 AM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Heres a question, do you think it is better for Microsoft if Nintendo does well? It seems that its always better for Nintendo and Microsoft if Sony does poorly.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
Heres a question, do you think it is better for Microsoft if Nintendo does well? It seems that its always better for Nintendo and Microsoft if Sony does poorly.

That was true coming into this current generation because the PS2 had like 90% marketshare (not quite that high, but something like that). So it was in both Microsoft and Nintendo's best interest if a blue turtle shell homed in on Sony and took them out of their lead position. Since that's already happened and since Sony is now in 3rd place, I don't think its quite as relevant now as it was then.
is your sanity...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Sony took themselves out of their lead position by releasing a $600 console. They aren't even a distant 3rd right now.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Sony took themselves out of their lead position by releasing a $600 console. They aren't even a distant 3rd right now.
w/out BC.  Those together got rid of the dead PS2 upgrades.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
The only thing Nintendo could do to help MS is take 3rd party exclusives from Sony. People already saw the Wii as a secondary console (including Nintendo) and Wii U is essentially gonna start off that way. People just need the reason to stop buying PS3s and PS3 games.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I can't remember the last good PS3 exclusive that Sony didn't make themselves. Beyond The Last Guardian, I don't see myself caring much about any 1st party Sony title. God of War has run its course. Uncharted is seeing its 4th installment and I'm beginning to think that series is starting to show its age. Among Thieves was one of te best games ever made, Drake's Deception refines it further and ups the ante. Not really sure what Golden Abyss adds. The movie is probably coming out in 2013 and unless they cast Nathan Fillion (and Jeff Bridges as Sully), I doubt I'll care. Nintendo is given **** for pumping out sequels but Sony is far worse. Look how many sequels to their big franchises they've released in the past 5 years.

I still think Nintendo offers the best 1st party titles and if they can convince 3rd parties to give Wii U equal support, they're on the right path. As long as the hardware is in the same ballpark and support is no issue, Nintendo's own titles will keep them competitive.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
haha, its good and weird that Sony has become self sufficient. In the PSX days they just made shitty titles and I had no respect for them as a console maker. Playstation wouldn't be anywhere without Final Fantasy 7, Resident Evil, Crash Bandicoot, and Metal Gear Solid.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
haha, its good and weird that Sony has become self sufficient. In the PSX days they just made shitty titles and I had no respect for them as a console maker. Playstation wouldn't be anywhere without Final Fantasy 7, Resident Evil, Crash Bandicoot, and Metal Gear Solid.
Sony Dabbled in 1st party exclusives on the PS2 and had some powerhouses, Gran Tourismo.  Then when they PS3 came out they were forced to support themselves with them.  They just didn't have the experience Nintendo had with First Party games.  Ironically Sony really is a Hardware company even though they take losses on the hardware.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Sony just had their n64 generation.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile

Does this mean the PS4 will be Sony's Gamecube generation?
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile

Depending on how you look at it, they're doing it out of order, so let's hope that it's not their Wii generation.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Don't be silly. That would require Sony's hardware division to have an ounce of creativity.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile

Depending on how you look at it, they're doing it out of order, so let's hope that it's not their Wii generation.

I think they've already had their Wii generation with the PS2. I think Sony's best console days are in the past, and if they ever manages to get back to 1st place they would be extremely lucky, but even if they do they won't have as huge a margin as they did with the PS2. That will never happen again.
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Well, the PS3 probably hasn't maxed out spec wise just yet. If they can hold it down during all this Wii U business, then they can take one more innovative risk before having to put out a new console (see other thread). Even if that works, but push still came to shove, they could still put out the PS4. MS on the other hand, might be forced to play a hand since Kinect can't (or just isn't) be(ing) used at its full capacity on the current hardware.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
well i look at it as Sony is 2 generations behind Nintendo as far as their esablishment goes

PSX was NES the start of something that got a lot of support
PS2 was super Nintendo some competition arises but its still dominant
Ps3 was n64 **** turns on a dime, they got schooled, but the quality of their releases is pretty good comparatively

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
I remember comparing the PS3 to the N64 close to the start of this gen, so it's kind of neat to see people validating my opinion near its end.  8)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile

Actually, there was a news story just the other day that in terms of hardware units sold, Sony's in a statistical tie with Microsoft.  Microsoft does vastly outsell Sony on the software side, though.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Sony Dabbled in 1st party exclusives on the PS2 and had some powerhouses, Gran Tourismo.  Then when they PS3 came out they were forced to support themselves with them.  They just didn't have the experience Nintendo had with First Party games.  Ironically Sony really is a Hardware company even though they take losses on the hardware.

That said, you really can't argue that Sony's 1st party studios haven't turned out some quality and in some cases unique/interesting titles this generation.  Nintendo would never have published a game like Heavy Rain, and it did well for Sony despite its issues.  Then there's the Uncharted trilogy, the Resistance trilogy, the Killzone duo, the Ratchet & Clank Future "trilogy" (counting Quest for Booty), the LittleBigPlanet duo, God of War 3, the Infamous duo, the upcoming 4th Sly Cooper game, etc.

And yes, I know that Insomniac is now a multi-platform studio.

I may not care for some of those titles like LittleBigPlanet and God of War 3, but overall Sony's kept me pretty satisfied this generation when it comes to PS3 exclusives.  It's just a shame that the albatross of the PS3's god-awful first few years still hangs over it like it does, because I think the console has long since redeemed itself.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:41:25 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Actually, there was a news story just the other day that in terms of hardware units sold, Sony's in a statistical tie with Microsoft.  Microsoft does vastly outsell Sony on the software side, though.
The article I read had PS3 still trailing but closer than it has ever been to 360. Regardless, point is that Sony has done an admirable job of staying competitive despite being total **** ups for pretty much this entire generation.

You're right about the software sales but Sony still gets all of the major 3rd party games which is important part.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile

That said, you really can't argue that Sony's 1st party studios haven't turned out some quality and in some cases unique/interesting titles this generation.  Nintendo would never have published a game like Heavy Rain, and it did well for Sony despite its issues.  Then there's the Uncharted trilogy, the Resistance trilogy, the Killzone duo, the Ratchet & Clank Future "trilogy" (counting Quest for Booty), the LittleBigPlanet duo, God of War 3, the Infamous duo, the upcoming 4th Sly Cooper game, etc.

And yes, I know that Insomniac is now a multi-platform studio.

I may not care for some of those titles like LittleBigPlanet and God of War 3, but overall Sony's kept me pretty satisfied this generation when it comes to PS3 exclusives.  It's just a shame that the albatross of the PS3's god-awful first few years still hangs over it like it does, because I think the console has long since redeemed itself.
Agree.  Though most of those haven't really brought people to the platform as much. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
More from MSNerd
(the guy with the supposed MS timetable leak Xbox720 = Xbox L∞p?)
http://msnerd.tumblr.com/post/12233928364/clarity
The Xbox is another story altogether. With a heady mix of rumors, tips and speculation, I am now stating that Xbox codename “loop” (the erstwhile XboxTV) will indeed debut a modified Win9 core. It will use a Zune HD-like hardware platform—a “main” processor with multiple dedicated assistive cores for graphics, AI, physics, sound, networking, encryption and sensors. It will be custom designed by Microsoft and two partners based on the ARM architecture. It will be cheaper than the 360, further enabling Kinect adoption. And it will be far smaller than the 360. It will also demonstrate how Windows Phone could possible implement Win9’s dev platform on the lower end.

So loop isn't the next Xbox?
Is Loop some sort of XBLive box/set-top cable box/internet portal/DVR?

What is Xbox Loop!?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Still sounds like the next XBox.  Phone7 uses XNA already for games.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
According to wikipedia the PS3 has sold 55 million units to date, which is almost as much as the 360 which has sold 57 million. So the PS3 has really moved forward by leaps and bounds since a few years ago when it was in a distant third, and this is particularly amazing considering the 360 had a year or so head start. At this rate the PS3 may very well over take the 360, and that could happen even before the end of the year.

Microsoft should seriously be considering a price drop if they want to prevent that from happening.
is your sanity...