Author Topic: XboxOne ~News/Rumor/Speculation~ Biggest Console Released This Gen!!  (Read 791017 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
So the Next Xbox in Holiday 2013?
PS4 in Holiday 2014?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I'm not so sure.

I think MS might be ready to launch Xmas 2012.

I think Sony is gonna overshoot on specs again and mostly get up ports from U720 (PS360 works so much better) since they won't be ready until late 2013 at the earliest. But I would guess 2014 for Sony.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
I think 2012 is rushing it. We would have heard more by now.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Xbox 720 'likely' at E3 2012, Crytek on board
TimeSplitters 4 in development for next Xbox and PlayStation.
Microsoft is gearing up to announce the successor to the Xbox 360 at E3 2012, and Crytek is already developing a new TimeSplitters game for the next generation of consoles, VideoGamer.com can reveal.

Specifications for the new machine have not been finalised, but Crytek is using Microsoft's DirectX 11 as the current basis for next-generation development. Tessellation, multithreaded rendering, and compute shaders are the three headlining features for DirectX 11.

The Crysis 2 developer says that Microsoft will announce the existence of a new Xbox within the next 12 months, hinting that a likely E3 2012 reveal. Crytek believes that Microsoft will announce and launch its new machine ahead of rival Sony, though the developer is also investing resources into next-generation PlayStation development.

The information was detailed to VideoGamer.com by a high-ranking industry source at Crytek, who stated that TimeSplitters 4 is currently being demonstrated internally, is being built with CryEngine 3, and was being shown privately in video form at E3 2011.

Crytek UK, who produced the other three games in the series as Free Radical, is still handling the development.

Both Microsoft and Crytek declined to comment.

The source reports that the graphics on TimeSplitters 4 are noticeably improved over current generation technology, with the DX11 tessellation effects allegedly having a huge impact on the visuals. Crytek believes that the game - and CryEngine 3 itself - will be seen as the cornerstone of next-generation development.

Crytek has invested heavily in DirectX 11 development primarily to focus on the new consoles, with the upcoming DX11 patch for the PC version of Crysis 2 being used internally as a benchmark of anticipated hardware trends.

As for the game itself, the new TimeSplitters is reported to focus on the series' branching paths and exploratory nature, with sandbox-style gameplay elements a big priority. The current goal is for levels to feature multiple routes that lead to the same overall conclusion.

Funny that WiiU wasn't mentioned at all...
Does that mean no DX11 equivalent features in the WiiU GPU? or that Crytek doesn't see Wii U as a "next gen" machine?

But either way, this is an all but confirmation that MS will have a new console at E3 2012 for me.

First the original rumor backed up with a quote from an AMD worker (see rumor thread) and now this.
We all know MS is horrible at keeping secrets, so it's no surprise that we would hear about it this early.

I wouldn't take it as Wii U not being able to handle it, sounds like they may just be talking directly about the next Xbox. Wouldn't surprise me if MS through some money hats their way as well.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
I think they will show something at E3 2012, but not release until 2013. Sony will be in 2014

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
You're all ignoring the important part: they're finally making TimeSplitters 4!
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
"with sandbox-style gameplay elements a big priority. "

I don't know if I like that.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
I hope they don't make the Wii U look like the Wii or it will be the same problems all over again.  But what would the cost of something that completely leapfrogs the Wii U be?  Is it even something really feasible?  If the Wii U is just the PS2 to the Xbox it won't really matter.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
The PS3 came out a year after the 360 and as far as I know  didn't mean jack. I'm sure the 720 will be more powerful than Wii U and PS4 more than the 720, but I just can't see things getting prettier, maybe bigger, but arent games big enough now?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:16:51 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
[...] arent games big enough now?

No, not for $60 they aren't.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
BGR: MS confirms Xbox720 @ E3 2012
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2011, 04:15:44 PM »
Microsoft is officially the worst company at keeping secrets secret
 http://www.bgr.com/2011/06/27/microsoft-to-unveil-new-xbox-at-e3-2012/
A source with knowledge of Microsoft’s plans within the company’s Entertainment and Devices Division has confirmed with BGR that Microsoft intends to unveil its next-generation Xbox console at E3 2012 next summer. The source is not aware of Microsoft’s launch plans for the new Xbox, which we are told has been in development since 2006. Microsoft has sold nearly 54.4 million Xbox 360 units since the console’s introduction in November 2005. The video game system is currently the ninth most popular gaming console of all time behind Nintendo’s original NES and just ahead of Sony’s PlayStation 3, which has sold 51 million units to date.

I already believed it, but MS couldn't keep an announcement that is a year away from  being announced from being announced.... I suspect we will know all the specs before Xmas too?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Microsoft is officially the worst company at keeping secrets secret
 http://www.bgr.com/2011/06/27/microsoft-to-unveil-new-xbox-at-e3-2012/
A source with knowledge of Microsoft’s plans within the company’s Entertainment and Devices Division has confirmed with BGR that Microsoft intends to unveil its next-generation Xbox console at E3 2012 next summer. The source is not aware of Microsoft’s launch plans for the new Xbox, which we are told has been in development since 2006. Microsoft has sold nearly 54.4 million Xbox 360 units since the console’s introduction in November 2005. The video game system is currently the ninth most popular gaming console of all time behind Nintendo’s original NES and just ahead of Sony’s PlayStation 3, which has sold 51 million units to date.

I already believed it, but MS couldn't keep an announcement that is a year away from  being announced from being announced.... I suspect we will know all the specs before Xmas too?
Third Parties Talk...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
We didn't really know **** about WiiU until 2 months before announcement.

If it turns out 720 is using AMD fusion, then we knew about 720 before we even knew about WiiU.

We've known that X720 was gonna be at E3 2012 before the E3 that was before that E3.

That is some piss poor information management if you ask me.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:10:43 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
We didn't really know **** about WiiU until 2 months before announcement.

If it turns out 720 is using AMD fusion, then we knew about 720 before we even knew about WiiU.

We've known that X720 was gonna be at E3 2012 before the E3 that was before that E3.

That is some piss poor information management if you ask me.
*Shrug* Huge company.  Multi-market focused.  It happens.  Bad management would be we knew what the prototypes they are trying pretty much are.  Anyone knew that MS was going to use the newest DirectX because you wouldn't want it different then the PC.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
2012 sounds too early for an Xbox 3 given how well the 360 has been selling. Looking at it from a hardware perspective, it's about time for an upgraded box. Does Microsoft really need to have a new box around the time the Wii U launches? I think they could wait a year (2013) or so.

Offline duetzFanz1

• View Profile
I really don't think they need a new box so early. They sold a bunch of kinects so I think they won't release it that early until the kinect sales die down.
Anybody gonna buy kindle fire for Christmas. I have a toy site. Check out my Fijit Friends review.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
2012 sounds too early for an Xbox 3 given how well the 360 has been selling. Looking at it from a hardware perspective, it's about time for an upgraded box. Does Microsoft really need to have a new box around the time the Wii U launches? I think they could wait a year (2013) or so.
I agree. Microsoft could probably even launch in 2014. They won't, but they probably could.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I think MS is just really eager to fully tap in to the power of Kinect. Remember when we found out that Kinect wasn't running at full capacity? A new system would likely be designed around changing that. While announcing next summer and releasing a year later seems kinda early, that's 2 years from this holiday season. A lot could change in that time.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
So I heard a big rumor today that Microsoft is bringing Xbox live to Windows 8 with an Xbox 360 emulator. This is apparently going to have a monthly fee and will play the 360 DVDs. Interesting to say the least. I wonder what it means for the Xbox 720?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
So I heard a big rumor today that Microsoft is bringing Xbox live to Windows 8 with an Xbox 360 emulator. This is apparently going to have a monthly fee and will play the 360 DVDs. Interesting to say the least. I wonder what it means for the Xbox 720?
Sort of think its about time since you wouldn't really need much of an emulator.

Offline Morari

• View Profile

I'm not sure how I feel about that as a concept. It sure would be nice being able to play the few Xbox exclusive (or even multiplatform) games that aren't normally found on the PC. On the other hand, there is absolutely no way I would pay a monthly fee for said service. Games for Windows Live already failed largely due to that very push. PC gamers aren't gullible enough to let Microsoft double dip. We already pay for broadband, we don't need to pay access to game servers as well (in the case that they're not all peer-to-peer). Furthermore, I worry that if this became the norm, then PC games would be further watered down... or worse yet, sacrificed altogether in favor of the Xbox version and its emulated availability on the PC.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
I wouldn't worry too much about PC gaming as long as there crazy developers in the Americas and Europe making equally crazy PC games. It'll just be harder to find them, that's all.

I take the Windows 8/Xbox 3/Xbox Live rumor to mean having more console ports to play on a PC. To give some credence to the rumor, the Games for Windows Live marketplace (that was relaunched/rebranded last year) will be soon absorbed in to Xbox Live. What this means for the Xbox 3 is that it will become even more of a (media center) PC and a further realization of the living room computing experience that Microsoft has been working on since WebTV.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
As bad as Sony is, its probably worse if Microsoft goes on to monopolize the industry. They already monopolized the PC market, so if they get this too then its going to be really bad for competition which in turn will be a terrible thing for consumers because it will take away choice.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
As bad as Sony is, its probably worse if Microsoft goes on to monopolize the industry. They already monopolized the PC market, so if they get this too then its going to be really bad for competition which in turn will be a terrible thing for consumers because it will take away choice.
But Apple and Linux will save the PC Market... lol.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
I wouldn't worry too much about PC gaming as long as there crazy developers in the Americas and Europe making equally crazy PC games. It'll just be harder to find them, that's all.

It may not be harder to find them, but it may be harder to swallow the crap that comes with big name titles. There are already a few games that have been absolutely ruined by Games for Windows Live. Grand Theft Auto IV is a chore just to start up, and the recent Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition doesn't look too much better. Funny how DRM actually prevents legitimate sales rather than prevents piracy, isn't it?

Does anyone actually use their Xbox as a media center? The software looked pretty damn primitive... Oh, and you have to pay MS a monthly fee to access Netflix through it. You could build a much better HTPC for not too much more, or get a very capable Boxee device for about the same. Either way, you won't really be missing anything on TV. Cut that satellite/cable cord and save yourselves a phenomenal amount of money every year! ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:14:39 AM by Morari »