Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216580 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3500 on: March 21, 2016, 10:23:35 PM »
Well, I guess we know who wins... ;)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: March 23, 2016, 06:49:19 AM »
I'm booked in for BVS. Friday at 1030am. 2D.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: March 23, 2016, 08:14:36 PM »
Uh guys...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/

It’s tough to take all the hardcore emoting seriously, particularly as the emotional heavy lifting is designed to be done by the occasional maudlin line in brief pauses between the explosions. For a film so concerned with its characters’ inner lives, there’s a fundamental disconnect going on here – enough to make you yearn for the lighter touch of the Marvel films.

Marvel can rest easy. Zack Synder's superhero showdown is a meatheaded, humourless mess that makes little sense and squanders its cast - especially the women

And most of the rest I've seen are as equally not impressed.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: March 23, 2016, 08:25:15 PM »
DC should stick to the small screen.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: March 23, 2016, 09:09:07 PM »
I was afraid of this. I only hope it doesn't ruin the chances for the follow up films. My wife will be devastated if Jason Momoa's film gets cancelled.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3505 on: March 24, 2016, 12:13:57 AM »
This can only be a good thing.  Warner Bros is not going to quiet its plan to make DC movies.  However, they may take this big hit and realize that this overly serious tone doesn't fit most of their properties.  You need to approach super heroes the way Marvel did, accepting the color the playfulness and overall absurdity of the genre. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: March 24, 2016, 01:53:53 AM »
This could be a bad thing IF Wonder woman and Suicide Squad aren't hits, as they may delay Justice League and then focus on an Affleck Bat-trilogy instead.

ok, they probably won't do that, but they may send Snyder the way of Goyer (exit stage left). But it also doesn't say much for Terrio who came in and over-hauled the script at the request of Affleck. So I'm not really sure where the confidence in JL would be based on who's involved and how BvS turned out (assuming the general audience reacts the same was as critics).

JL is set to start filming at the end of the year. If BvS fails(/under-performs)..... well, what does WB/DC do?
Snyder is set to direct, and Terrio wrote that script as well. Kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. They can't reboot again, as they've already set too many pieces into play with Aquaman, WW, The Flash, Cyborg, Lex, and who knows who else.

I'm going to go see it tomorrow, so I hope it's more entertaining than I expect... and i have really low unhyped expectations long before any critics or reviews came out. I'm am actually far more interested in Suicide Squad than I am BvS, and I don't know **** about them outside the bastardization that was on Arrow.

edit:
actually, I would hope that maybe DC would wise up and capitalize on the DCTVverse and budget a miniseries event for the whole CBS/CW crossover shows including the upcoming Vixen and the defunct Constantine.

The fanbase is already built in and tunes in weekly.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:56:20 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: March 24, 2016, 02:00:39 AM »
Batman has always been the only superhero which could really pull off the super serious gritty movie well.

Punisher is one of the few that could come close thanks to a focus on the use of human skill and ingenuity, not superpowers. The more fantastic the powers, the more absurd the nitty gritty feel gets.

Look at Arrow, it came off really well until they started having to include meta humans like Barry. But the show quickly figured this out and adapted slightly as necessary, though not to the same success as Marvel has done.

I think that may be the issue DC has in theaters. They don't know how to adjust their heroes to different, appropriate genres. If instead of Ant-man we got an Atom movie I feel it would have been the genuine flop we all thought Ant-man would become because DC would have failed to adapt it properly.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3508 on: March 24, 2016, 10:55:40 AM »
I'm not surprised it's getting panned by critics.  I still can't wait to see it, so I can form my own opinion.  Man of Steel was a bad movie.  It's insanely overrated, and was a terrible starting point.  Honestly, I think WB should just drop Supes for a while, let Batfleck have a few films, and just explore other characters.  Like, try making a Legion of Superheroes movies (with a young Supes, perhaps?) that's a total sci-fi comedy like GotG was.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: March 24, 2016, 07:47:25 PM »
Luckily they already have Suicide Squad w/ Joker and Batman in it, and Wonder Woman is almost done as well I believe.

They should probably get a new director for JL and and hurry the expansion w/ The Flash and Aquaman movies.
Then get a solo Batman movie out before they think about another Superman movie.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3510 on: March 25, 2016, 01:29:00 PM »
And maybe hire a writer and director duo that understands that Clark Kent and Super are two characters.  Yeah, they're the same person, but they have to have distinct personalities because that's how his disguise works.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: March 29, 2016, 02:05:34 AM »
Did you guys see the Deleted Scene WB/DC released for BvS earlier today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

It takes someone w/ indepth knowledge of DC to even guess what this is all about, but it's a good thing that all the places that link it, explain it to the best of their speculations, otherwise I would have continued to scratch my head as to what is even happening.

All I'm left doing now is wondering why DC is hyping the directors cut w/ deleted scenes not found in the theatrical cut of the movie (that just came out 4 days ago), by using more out of context scenes w/ absolutely NO explanation or reason to them as if that's is supposed to mean something to someone other than a die-hard DC fan that can even speculate as to the who, what, why, how and the when of this scene.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3512 on: March 29, 2016, 09:17:26 AM »
Honestly, that would've just added to the film's padding issue as much as it would have explained what Lex was talking about at the end.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: March 29, 2016, 11:17:33 AM »
Yeah... that doesn't excite me for the Director's Cut.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: April 07, 2016, 08:36:50 AM »
Star Wars Rogue One trailer!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: April 07, 2016, 04:52:36 PM »
I like that trailer. Yes I do.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: April 07, 2016, 05:06:27 PM »
I knew i recognised the backdrop with the stormtroopers, its filmed in canary wharf tube station!

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/apr/07/star-wars-rogue-one-london-jubilee-line-tube-station

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: April 07, 2016, 05:08:07 PM »
Cooooooool!
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: April 07, 2016, 08:13:11 PM »
I have cautious optimism for Rogue One. I'll go see it in theaters for sure, but I am not going to hold in anywhere near the level I would for a main line SW title. If it is as good as the Clone Wars film and series then I will be happy with it.
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3519 on: April 07, 2016, 09:44:58 PM »
Rogue One will be the first chance that Disney can show they really know what they are doing with Star Wars.  Episode 7 was always going to be safe and by the books.

However, I can't believe they are going for another strong female lead.  It is all the rage right now, focusing on female leads.  It worked for episode 7...I am curious if it will work here. 

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3520 on: April 07, 2016, 11:04:51 PM »
It is pretty cool that they're going with another female lead.  Hopefully they'll do better with the toys.

Trailer looks awesome.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: April 07, 2016, 11:06:10 PM »
I hope Vader shows up. And he kacks some rebs for the big adios!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: April 07, 2016, 11:53:01 PM »
It is pretty cool that they're going with another female lead.  Hopefully they'll do better with the toys.

Trailer looks awesome.

They're testing the waters for that eventual Captain Marvel reveal.

Get a few strong leading ladies, and then BAM, Marvel's "SUPERWOMAN" enters the MCU, with a built up women of Disney audience, to watch her do what the men couldn't.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: April 09, 2016, 03:35:44 AM »

Eric Eisenberg
@eeisenberg 17m17 minutes ago
Really incredible character work in #CivilWar. Spider-Man, Ant-Man & Black Panther kill it & Wanda/Vision & Bucky/Sam dynamics are wonderful

more impressions in the MAHVEL thread.

[spoiler]the critics are blown away[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 12:44:39 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: April 09, 2016, 09:27:22 AM »
They're testing the waters for that eventual Captain Marvel reveal.

Get a few strong leading ladies, and then BAM, Marvel's "SUPERWOMAN" enters the MCU, with a built up women of Disney audience, to watch her do what the men couldn't.
I'm pretty convinced Marvel stealth cast Elizabeth Debicki as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 despite James Gunn insisting Captain Marvel isn't in the movie. It's the only upcoming movie in which she can reasonably be introduced before Infinity War Part I and that whole Kree connection makes sense. I suppose Marvel could introduce Captain Marvel in Infinity War Part I then continue her story in the solo movie, but I really just want to see Captain Marvel sooner rather than later. I'd be very pleased with casting Elizabeth Debicki in the Marvel role and movie I'm most looking forward to. If Rogue can't have her powers in the X-Men universe because Fox doesn't have the rights to Carol Danvers, I want to see Carol Danvers go HAM in the MCU.