Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216661 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2450 on: April 24, 2014, 08:04:25 PM »
Ray Fisher is Cyborg.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/batman-superman-cyborg-ray-fisher-1201163390/

After testing actors over the past couple of weeks, Warner Bros. and DC have tapped theater actor Ray Fisher for the role of Cyborg in the untitled Batman-Superman pic.

Victor Stone or Cyborg, while not a major part in the Batman-Superman feature, is a member of the Justice League, and the role will become much more significant role as Warner and DC develop more films related to the Justice League universe, sources confirm.

Warner Bros. had no comment on this story.

Fisher joins the Batman-Superman cast that includes Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jesse Eisenberg, Gal Gadot and Amy Adams.

Zack Snyder is directing from a script by David S. Goyer, based on a story by Goyer and Snyder. Production is currently under way in Michigan.

In the bonus feature on the recent “Man of Steel” homevideo release, Cavill, who plays Superman in the film, said there’s a great deal of promise in Cyborg as well as the fictional research facility S.T.A.R. Labs, which appears in several DC Comics.

“I think he would create an incredible bridge between superheroes and humanity,” Cavill said of the Cyborg character.

S.T.A.R. Labs was also the workplace of Justice League characters Professor Hamilton (played by Richard Schiff in “Man of Steel”) and the superhero Rampage, although it’s unclear whether the latter is involved in the Batman-Superman film.

Produced by Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder, the untitled Batman-Superman feature opens May 6, 2016.

Fisher, repped by ICM Partners, is more known for his theater roles including the Broadway play “Fetch Clay, Make Man,” in which he portrayed Muhammad Ali.

He was also one of the actors testing for J.J. Abrams’ upcoming “Star Wars: Episode VII.”
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: April 24, 2014, 08:42:06 PM »
If DC wants to keep the ulta violence they need an ongoing series or DTV aimed at kids.

Don't they currently have Teen Titans Go!?

Ray Fisher is Cyborg.

So that puts us at:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Lex Luthor
Cyborg
(Black Adam, Lobo or John Stewart?) - The Rock
(Aquaman, Lobo or Bizarro?) - Khal Drago

Who else is supposed to show up in this movie?
Martian Manhunter?
The Flash?
Green Arrow?
Robin/Nightwing?
Green Lantern?

I wonder how much development of any character is going to happen, if this is the origin of any of them, or do they all exist for quite some time already and they are all just about to get together because of some world ending event.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:59:58 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: April 24, 2014, 11:42:28 PM »
Black Adam and Khal will probably be separate movies or JL.

To be honest people for the most part know who bats and supes and they're supporting cast are. Wonder Woman is easy enough and cyborg is lla cameo.

Victor will probably be in the film just for the football scene and Ending cameo at star labs to set up Justice League. Also in thennew 52 Cyborgs gets his powers during the justice league forming.

Its a bit odd how a 30-80 minute film can tell a story but with 2 hours peeps are skeptical.

Right now the cast is

Everybody from MOS
Batman
Alfred
Wonder Woman
Lex
Cyborg

I'm still hoping we get Grant as the Flash and Ammell as GA, since they recently introduced star labs.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: April 25, 2014, 12:41:48 AM »
Well, I'm not skeptical that a story can be told, I'm just wondering how they are approaching the characters to build up to Justice League.

There wasn't a whole lot of world building in MoS, but we know that Batman is already a seasoned vigilante. Is Wonder Woman already a known super hero or does she just arrive from Themyscara?
Does Cyborg already Cyborg, or does he get created during this film? Same with whoever else appears. Has Martian Manhunter been in disguise as a cop for years and decides to reveal himself now that Superman is a thing? Or did he just come to Earth upon the happenings of the previous movie?

Basically are we getting a bunch of origins? or is everyone already seasoned in this new Universe?
Are they going to stop and explain these people and what they can do, or is it going to be more of a learn more about them as we go? They just seem to have so much ground to cover in only 2 hrs when introducing a bunch of new characters to the mainstream movie audience.
This isn't an animated feature aimed at kids and comic readers who already know the characters, which is why Marvels approach just seems to make so much more sense. I understand why DC is going opposite, I'm just curious to see how they make it work.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: April 25, 2014, 01:39:03 AM »
Justice league vol.1 worlds greatest/War makes it work.

End of Action Comics vol.1 ends with superman saying how many more heroes are starting to pop up. The World is scared of Aliens and Meta humans especially after the Braniac event in Action Comics.

Come World's greatest which is 2 years after the appearance of Superman.

Batman is a detective and considered by most outside of Gotham to be an urban legend.

Green Lantern is a Space cop but has had run ins with the US government.

The Flash is pretty liked by the people of central city but the CCPD wants to know who he is.

Wonder Woman is fresh from the island and is being handled by Steve Trevor for the military.

Aquaman is the king of Atlantis which no one thinks is real and thought he was a fake.

Victor Stone  was some kid who gets injurbed and his dad decides to fuse his body to alien tech and he becomes cyborg.

Seriously these origins aren't hard. The speculation is that Batman and Superman will be the oldest of the league and every one else will slew younger with cyborg being the youngest. I'm guessing its going to be a time skip.

Plus I still think that Flash/Arrow will be in it. I mean having Star Labs and introducing more super science and powers seems like a way to connect everything. I mean we saw star labs on Arrow last week and its going to be in Flash a lot . Emil Hamilton from MOS worked at Star Labs and its where Victors dad gets the tech from the red room to make him cyborg. (Technically the events of MOS would be the origin of the Red Room).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: April 25, 2014, 09:09:14 PM »
Wolfcop.

I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2456 on: April 25, 2014, 09:51:45 PM »
lolwut
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: April 25, 2014, 10:52:42 PM »
Day1 add to Netflix streaming list

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: April 25, 2014, 11:04:22 PM »
Ray Fisher is Cyborg.

And now Jason Momoa has joinmed the cast too.
http://batman-news.com/2014/04/25/rumor-jason-momoa-joins-batman-vs-superman-cast/

rumored to be Aquaman.
This film is trying to be DC's Big Bang as far as universe expansion. I just hope they don't try to cram in too much at once leaving the general audience all confused.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2459 on: April 26, 2014, 08:32:36 PM »
It's a about a kid who's dad dress up as a giant bat and is best friends with an Alien from another planet. It doesn't work for live action but I can suspend my belief for animation and comics.

The ultra violence is a bit off putting and it aucks that it means you can't show the younger kids the movies. I feel the same way about the Marvel Anime movies but at least we still have the Disney cartoons on the air. If DC wants to keep the ulta violence they need an ongoing series or DTV aimed at kids.

This is 100% correct.  When they made their first PG-13 animated movie…they killed Superman.  It was a big deal, but it seemed to fit.  I was like OK.  Also, the violence wasn't too over the top.  Then Wonder Woman was dark, but again, carefully done and pretty stylish.  It was Dark, but more fantasy.  Still I saw the signs of where the movies were heading.  But then soon it just seems all of them are getting darker and more violent.  I watch cartoons for the stylish lighthearted fun…but these new movies have no fun…and yes, it is hard to take a Robin that is that powerful seriously.  He really doesn't need Batman.  He is a killing machine.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: April 27, 2014, 10:34:34 PM »
So Justice League is a thing after the New Batman/Superman Adventures.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: April 27, 2014, 11:31:45 PM »
we knew that already, but's it's nice for the to "officially" confirm it.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2462 on: April 28, 2014, 09:24:55 AM »
What is interesting is the rumor they are filming the movies back to back.  This really makes you wonder how much of a role all these characters will truly have in the BvsS movie.  Perhaps the casting roles were really never for BvsS but for the JL movie which is being filmed at the same time?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: April 28, 2014, 11:33:03 AM »
I bet they all make a cameo of some sort, not limited to a post credit scene, except for maybe Aquaman, who surfaces at the post credit, or Cyborg (as an actual cyborg), who becomes active in the end credit.
And then Justice League will probably expand their roles significantly, hopefully minimizing Superman and Batman to important, but reduced roles in favor of building the other characters and prepping them for their buddy team ups in later movies.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2464 on: April 28, 2014, 12:54:11 PM »
I'm just hoping these two DC movies don't end up like the X-Men movies which are really just about a handful of characters with dozens of interesting, underdeveloped characters loafing about in the background for the sake of cool cameos and special effects.

I think if too many heroes are thrown in at once, the "average audience" isn't gonna be able to follow or keep up.  There's people who love the Marvel movies who have never even touched a comic book.  Those people are gonna have a bad time.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: April 28, 2014, 03:00:12 PM »

I think if too many heroes are thrown in at once, the "average audience" isn't gonna be able to follow or keep up.  There's people who love the Marvel movies who have never even touched a comic book.  Those people are gonna have a bad time.
Yes.  I think Marvel is doing a good pacing of character intros.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2466 on: April 28, 2014, 05:48:07 PM »
Yeah, I mean, showing Victor Stone in the MoS sequel is cool and all for people like us who either read comic books, watched the cartoon series, keep up with the animated features or w/e.  However, we're maybe about 1/3 of the audience.  Most people won't notice and when the character is revealed be like, "Oh, there's a robot guy now?"
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2467 on: April 28, 2014, 06:06:04 PM »
But we know there is a football scene.  So just having him play football and then get injured is enough to start showing his "origin" story. 

Honestly, DC origin stories are so light…you can easily tell almost the entire Justice League origins in a movie.  Yeah I am a Martian I have cool powers.  Yeah, I am an Amazonian I have cool powers like Superman's.  Hey, I am a scientist, and did you see I run really fast.

Actually, I think with Justice League…having them be unified together because of a big threat and not trusting each other is the way to go for a first movie.  Then spin off the detailed story driven character development into the later solo adventures.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 28, 2014, 06:56:56 PM »
I heard that scene may have been scrapped... but we may not know because the script was rewritten by someone else right after it was shot. But who knows, maybe they wrote around that one scene that was already shot before deciding that their script was absolute **** and needed a last minute rewrite from the ground up and a year delay.
Anything is possible ;)

Also heard that it was rumored that the "solo" movies will be more like team ups, like the Brave and the Bold cartoon, and lead right back into more Justice League movies every few years.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: April 28, 2014, 07:10:26 PM »
You mean more like JLU. Brave and the bold has always been Batman teaming up with some one else.

On cyborg it won't be that hard. Victors Stone father is the head of Star Labs when there isn't a Emil Hamilton. (He died in MOS). It wouldn't be a stretch to see Star Labs is the usual superman super science place. With Emil gone there probably going to be a new science dude to go with the colnels military persona. The football game shows stone and he gets referenced as being the science dudes son. Victor is either hurt in the battle and the ending scene is the sugrury with experimental tech. Or go the new 52 route and have him injurges in the earths invasion.

WSJ said DC had nine films in development, four of which being Fables (not DC by semantics I guess), Shazam (definitely the rocks movie), Metal Men, and Sandman.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 28, 2014, 07:19:46 PM »
No I meant team ups, like Brave and the Bold, only not always someone paired with Batman.
Unless you are trying to say that JL Unlimited was all about the pairings of superheroes and not the full team dynamic.

It was also said that that Shazam movie is "unconnected" from the MoS universe. Not sure why they would even bother making a superhero movie that obviously fit into the universe, especially with a name as large as The Rock, outside of the MoS universe... that makes no sense to me.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: April 28, 2014, 07:51:50 PM »
I wasn't paying that close attention while reading BnM's post and got confused and for a second thought he said the movie Kazaam starring Shaquille O'Neal was going to be canon in DC's movie universe.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: April 28, 2014, 07:57:53 PM »
You definitely read that wrong. I said Kazaam starring Shaquille O'Neal was going to be canon in DC's TV universe. Guest Starring in Episode 24 of Arrow this season in the fight against Deathstroke.
#Gamechanger

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: April 28, 2014, 08:53:34 PM »
No I meant team ups, like Brave and the Bold, only not always someone paired with Batman.
Unless you are trying to say that JL Unlimited was all about the pairings of superheroes and not the full team dynamic.

It was also said that that Shazam movie is "unconnected" from the MoS universe. Not sure why they would even bother making a superhero movie that obviously fit into the universe, especially with a name as large as The Rock, outside of the MoS universe... that makes no sense to me.

That's what JLU was. The original Justice League series only used the seven original leaguers with cameos here and there. JLU was about the League expanded so we usually got epiaoides featuring tons of different heroe.

As per Shazam I'm in agreement but I'm of the mind it might not be set in stone. Pretty sure DC fears having a characters who is super similar to superman in power set and design.  Still the rock tweet about as strong as superman seemed like it would be I'm the shared universe.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:55:50 PM by shingi_70 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2474 on: April 28, 2014, 11:54:06 PM »
I love the idea of Team Ups...because DC heroes are interesting together...and sometimes not so interesting on their own.

It also means that you can have certain characters that are not as possible in a movie.  Or you can have super awesome Geek moments in the movie.

A Flash Superman movie could be quite fun.  If it had a pretty lighthearted take and was kinda an action comedy.

A Batman Wonder Woman movie would also be great.  I don't think Wonder Woman would appreciate Bruce Wayne's alter-ego and life style (aka Billionaire Playboy).  And I think Batman would not appreciate Wonder Woman's more warrior like attitude to fighting crime.  However, they are also very similar.

JSA would be an interesting movie to see as a build up team against the Justice League...as an American counter force.  They are formed and originally do counter terrorist assignments for the government...but when some people start questioning the Justice League, they are called in to deal with them.