Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216796 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2075 on: December 19, 2013, 12:05:18 PM »
Even if most of the Avengers audience only saw the first 2 Ironman movies (in the theater) they had still heard of The Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger and likely saw them on DVD or were familiar with the story through some one  they know that did see it. There was a 5 year 5 movie build up that generated tons of HYPE for the Avengers. Part of that HYPE building was the now famous Marvel post credit scenes that were connecting the movies and teasing the team up.

DC has Man of Steel, And then MoS 2: Justice League lite, followed by Justice League.
They are jumping right into it, no real build up, just tossing everyone into the mix and sorting it out later, at least that's what it seems like.

And I'm not thinking that the way Marvel did it is the only way, but it sure was effective.
I think a movie with just Batman and Superman would have been a big enough event movie on its own, seems like they are taking a short cut to cram a bunch of other people in there too just to do Justice League next, unless they have a slew of unannounced movies they are releasing in between.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 12:08:31 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: December 19, 2013, 01:50:53 PM »
Expendables 3 teaser trailer

Still shot from the teaser: http://www.abload.de/img/ex30000k3cjl.jpg
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:03:29 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: December 19, 2013, 02:20:40 PM »
Frankly, I don't see why a build-up is even necessary. It's not like Star Wars had to have multiple movies first showing you adventures of Darth Vader, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca and others. It just went straight into the story introducing the audience to all those characters and where they were at in life. Same with Lord of the Rings. We didn't get some movies of Gandalf, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas and others first. The movie just went into the story and introduced the characters to the audience.

Moreover, a Justice League movie already has two familiar characters in for the audience with Batman and Superman. Plus there is already name recognition for characters like Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern and even Aquaman. Shows like the Big Bang Theory mentioning and talking about those characters means that those names and characters are things people will have already heard of it however cursery. That little bit of knowledge may be even to have them see a Justice League to find out more of what these characters are or to see them in action.

The idea of making a movie for every character to bring them together for a movie is an interesting idea but it doesn't change the fact that those characters are still be introduced to a lot of people for the first time. I'd never read or really knew anything about Ironman before watching the first movie but I still went and enjoyed it. It didn't require a build-up of movies introducing all the characters in that movie either. Just do a well done story and the movie will be fine.

Personally, I've never seen the Thor Movies or The Incredible Hulk or Captain America. I actually didn't get around to watching The Avengers until it premiered on the Movie Channel and saw it then since I had no interest in most of the characters. In the end, it was an enjoyable flick of big silly action like I expected. It was fun but nothing I have a desire to watch again anytime soon. But it is also why I don't buy into the belief that DC has to introduce a majority of the Justice Leagers in their own seperate movies first. The Dark Knight Rises practically made the same amount of money as The Avengers and that was one single superhero with only two movies building up to it. I think it shows that having Batman in a Justice League movie should be enough for it to still be a huge success and get people to see such a film.

Maybe it doesn't make as money as The Avengers because there is less familiarity with the other characters so some moviegoers are hesitant. But again, as long as the script and story are solid enough, I don't think it will bomb. Frankly, if you go the trilogy route with the Justice League concept, then I don't see what the problem is with introducing all the characters and forming the league in the first movie. Even The Avengers spent a lot of time introducing the characters and have them meet up and fight each other before finally rallying together and becoming a team. Even with all those other movies, the movie didn't begin with The Avengers formed and in a team. They still had to do the origin of it.

If DC just started out with a Justice League movie and went from there, I don't see why it would be such a bad thing. From that introduction, you can then branch out and have the different league members star in their own movies. How is that a worse approach? That said, trying to jam things into MoS2 to speed up the process to a Justice League movie or out of fear that people need to see these characters in other movies first could end up doing more harm to the idea if done poorly. Right now, it is starting to sound like the result will be an Iron Man 2 of haphazardness. Moreover, the first Man of Steel was just ok but it had a few issue also. Instead of looking to refine that franchise and get it successful on its own, it is going to be this half step to a Justice League movie and where will that leave the Superman movies after it?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: December 19, 2013, 02:29:50 PM »
There is a lot of Background stuff that Avenger didn't do and didn't have to because of those movies.

In your Example Khush all the characters are really not as deep and rich as the DC and Marvel characters are.  How could they be they didn't have all the Lore.  Star Wars character are now more fleshed out.

These are Icons in their own way but they quirks that come from having such a history makes no sense without the context.  Why should the average person even care about Justice League?  Even the excellent cartoon series had the Superman, Batman, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, shoot even a little of the Zeta Project to set them up and they were a lot richer for it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: December 19, 2013, 03:00:04 PM »
I guess they're saving The Rock until Expendables 5.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: December 19, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »
Like I said, I don't think the way Marvel did it was the only way to achieve an Avengers type movie, but it was certainly a successful way to do it.

The way that BvS is sounding, they might as well call it Man of Steel 2: Super Friends

They have a blockbuster event in Batman and Superman in the same movie.
introducing this version of Batman, the new Lex Luthor, Doomsday (or whoever the big bad is), fleshing out the conflict between batman and supes, resolving the conflict between bats and supes, setting up the motivation of Lex and resolving the whole movie would've been excellent and a great base for introducing more characters and expanding the world in future movies.
But now it sounds like they are using this spectacle as a way to introduce too much, and if you have too much that needs explaining, with no time to explain it, then the whole movie suffers.

Who are all these characters? where do they come from? how did they end up here? where were they before Superman came around? So many questions that will have no time. And if they can pull it off, them more power to them, but I just don't see the reason to rush to Justice League when they can milk this like Marvel has and flesh out their world and their characters with 1 or 2 more movies.

Make this movie MoS2 (Bats & Supes meet WW - introducing Cyborg*), then a Batman Flick (w/ Nightwing & Green Arrow), then Worlds Finest (Bats, Supes & WW meets Flash & Aquaman) then Justice League (introducing Green Lantern & Martian Man Hunter - Cosmic threat is looming).

There is no rush, they don't need to get Justice League out as close to Avengers 2 as possible, there is no need to compete head to head. Don't make us choose, because MoS wasn't all that great, Green Lantern was bad, and I have my doubts about this MoS2: Superfriends movie too.

pre-post edit: apparently Cyborg may make an appearance....
http://www.enstarz.com/articles/30823/20131216/man-of-steel-2-news-cyborg-appearing-alongside-batman-superman-wonder-woman-in-2015-film-video.htm
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:34:09 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: December 19, 2013, 05:01:32 PM »
I really only trust Variety when it comes to film news. Those guts and Latino review.

Marvel isn't the only way to do it but it's probably the way with the biggest payoff. Will be interesting to see how Guardians dies next year.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: December 19, 2013, 09:43:06 PM »
Who are some of those people in expendables 3? Ah hell, I haven't even watched the second one.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: December 19, 2013, 11:20:54 PM »

Kelsey Grammer & Victor Ortiz are the only posters that're missing above. Grammer is the only person missing in the teaser. 16 names, but only 15 people in the teaser. 14 posters up above

edit: to add full names and those that are missing.
Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Wesley Snipes, Mel Gibson, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Harrison Ford, Antonio Banderas, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Rhonda Rousey (from UFC), Robert Davi, Kellan Lutz, Victor Ortiz (from UFC - no poster) & Kelsey Grammer (No poster & not in teaser vid).

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 11:40:05 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: December 19, 2013, 11:34:45 PM »
Ok that clears things up a little. I only don't know 3 of the, Lutz, Davi and Rolsiy.

No sure who you're talking about as Chelsea Grammer points to Kelsey Grammer.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: December 19, 2013, 11:41:04 PM »
see edit above. I thought I spelled his name kinda girly... had to google search it along with the bottom row of names.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: December 19, 2013, 11:51:46 PM »
Thanks for the update. No wonder I haven't heard about those people, they are all from UFC which I have never seen. I hope they can act as well as they can fight as history shows fighters makes for absolutely terrible actors.

Also Ford looks like he just stepped out of Enders Game.  ;D

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2087 on: December 20, 2013, 12:15:58 AM »
Still no Steven Seagal?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: December 20, 2013, 01:50:28 AM »
Do you really want Seagal? He gave up on himself well before people gave up on him. There are plenty more action heroes you could dig up instead of using UFC fighters especial if Kelsey Grammer gets counted. Reb Brown, Sam Jackson, Kate Beckensale, Venessa Williams, Kevin Sorbo, Lucy Lawless, Kevin Spacey just off the top of my head.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: December 20, 2013, 01:54:00 AM »
I've never seen any of those movies, but I will absolutely see this one if Kelsey Grammer is in this movie as Frasier Crane.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: December 20, 2013, 02:18:59 AM »
Also missing Jackie Chan, Kurt Russell & The Rock

Maybe for The Expendables 4.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: December 20, 2013, 11:56:26 AM »
Do you really want Seagal? He gave up on himself well before people gave up on him. There are plenty more action heroes you could dig up instead of using UFC fighters especial if Kelsey Grammer gets counted. Reb Brown, Sam Jackson, Kate Beckensale, Venessa Williams, Kevin Sorbo, Lucy Lawless, Kevin Spacey just off the top of my head.

Michael Jai White, Jason Momoa....

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: December 21, 2013, 12:12:44 PM »

I think Segal is just someone you in just for the feels I guess. Dude could have a miminal role for all I care.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: December 29, 2013, 10:23:13 PM »
Spider-Man news. Another antagonist in the film!? Now a total of 4!?

Link has spoiler http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a540661/amazing-spider-man-2-felicity-jones-confirms-black-cat-role.html

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: December 29, 2013, 11:28:35 PM »
Saw Expendables 2 and man it's like night and day as to how much better this is than the first film. The first film was positively amateur hour with Sly at the helm and I am glad he was man enough to give the direction to somebody who is confident and competent. Madcow camera, gone, closeups on peoples pores, gone, nonexistent lighting, gone, awful CGI, gone, plot, gone, slide show editing, gone.

It's just a lot of people getting shot up in order to setup for the punch line. I found it to be more of a violent comedy than an action film. I love the self parodies, the references to their real life achievements, the fun everyone is having. Yes, this is all in a backdrop where 100's of people are getting killed while JCVD plays a cartoon villain.

It doesn't top the 80's movies and they get to keep their crown, but it is a fine parody.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: December 30, 2013, 12:43:52 AM »
Have you seen into the loop, great film but I don't want to go into details over fear of getting into some political discussion over what it blatantly satirizes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: January 02, 2014, 10:24:31 PM »
The DC Bats vs Supes Rumor Mill keeps on churning.

and it looks like The Rock was teasing a meeting with DC
Quote from: The Rock
"We just had a big meeting w/ Warner Bros CEO re: @DCComics 2014," Johnson responded to a fan asking if he'd ever play a comic book character. "[W]e will partner up and create the cool bad assert."

rumor has it that it was for John Stewart/Green Lantern
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=92347

That is certainly one way to wipe away the disinterest the RR version may have brought to the character.

But he was also in talks to previously be Lobo and Black Adam.
I'm guessing the interest in Luke Cage has passed and The Rock will now go DC instead. :(

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: January 03, 2014, 09:54:28 AM »
Fortunately Green Lantern is well-designed for a "reboot" (like Doctor Who) by just introducing a new one (that's already there) and moving on.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: January 03, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
I don't think The Rock has really played a part that makes me think he be a good pick for John.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: January 03, 2014, 12:23:43 PM »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA