Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216914 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #1825 on: October 15, 2013, 02:42:14 PM »
That would work. They really need to give that guy some street cred either way.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: October 15, 2013, 02:47:08 PM »
Is no one else sick of super hero movies?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: October 15, 2013, 02:58:35 PM »
The mini series would still be in MCU but the Knight branding would be there to indicate that its for a more mature audience.

I think Doctor strange will be made a huge rewrite in his powers and Quickliver and Scarlet Witch will be inhumans for their move debut. Marvel has already took two big magical concepts in Thor and Mandrain and made them science based so i'm not sure.

I don't think people are tired of super hero or Genre films. With the expection of a few outliers superhero films have replaced what would have been years ago action films.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:02:16 PM by shingi_70 »
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: October 15, 2013, 03:03:43 PM »
I wouldn't say the Mandarin we saw was the real deal.  Just a marketing ploy.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: October 15, 2013, 03:05:17 PM »
Is no one else sick of super hero movies?
*puts hand up*
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: October 15, 2013, 04:11:06 PM »
I don't think people are tired of super hero or Genre films.

2013 is the first year in which science fiction (broadly speaking, but not counting superhero movies) has actually returned to prominence. So people haven't tired of it when a lot of what has come before has been poor.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1831 on: October 15, 2013, 06:24:02 PM »
ant man would not work! (not now any way)

It would work and its going too, The film is set for 2015 as the first phase 3 movie,

The test footage

I think removing Ultron from Ant-man is mistake since its really the only note worthy thing that can be done for a sequel to Ant-man.
Ant man was a founding memeber, and the wasp freakin named the Avengers, so why are they doing this now?
P.S Hoping for a Black Panther movie
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: October 15, 2013, 06:32:20 PM »
Edgar Wright was supposed to have done this movie years ago, but Marvel isn't just gonna sit around and wait for it to happen.

And Black Panther is rumored to have a phase 3 movie too.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1833 on: October 15, 2013, 06:58:07 PM »
Can't say I'm tired of Super Hero movies just yet. The Marvel ones are just too good, and there aren't enough bad ones. I'm sure we're getting to that point pretty quickly though. (Looking at you, DC.)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: October 15, 2013, 09:02:10 PM »
Can't say I'm tired of Super Hero movies just yet. The Marvel ones are just too good, and there aren't enough bad ones. I'm sure we're getting to that point pretty quickly though. (Looking at you, DC.)

I feel the same way. Marvel's internal production so far have been of decent to good quality.
and all of it was for the most part very entertaining.

and DC's output so far has been inconsistent.
TDK & Watchmen were pretty good. But the new Superman was only decent and that is what they are building upon with their new Cinematic Universe. Hopefully they learned from Green Lantern and allow Affleck to provide some positive feedback, but I'm not holding high hopes for Supes vs Bats or Justice League.

--------
and on a somewhat related note:

Arrow s2 ep2 clip: Emerald Arrow vs Bronze Tiger & Black Canary (ooooh sooo many colors!!!)
http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/10/arrow-episode-202-identity-sneak-peek.html

I really hope the super powers are handled with care and don't break this series.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1835 on: October 15, 2013, 10:33:52 PM »
I wouldn't even call Man of Steel decent. Superman had zero personality. Ben Affleck might have to carry the whole movie, and that worries me slightly.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1836 on: October 15, 2013, 11:23:26 PM »

I feel the same way. Marvel's internal production so far have been of decent to good quality.
and all of it was for the most part very entertaining.

and DC's output so far has been inconsistent.
TDK & Watchmen were pretty good. But the new Superman was only decent and that is what they are building upon with their new Cinematic Universe. Hopefully they learned from Green Lantern and allow Affleck to provide some positive feedback, but I'm not holding high hopes for Supes vs Bats or Justice League.

--------
and on a somewhat related note:

Arrow s2 ep2 clip: Emerald Arrow vs Bronze Tiger & Black Canary (ooooh sooo many colors!!!)
http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/10/arrow-episode-202-identity-sneak-peek.html

I really hope the super powers are handled with care and don't break this series.
Iron man 3 and the avengers were AWESOME!!
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: October 16, 2013, 03:39:20 AM »
AoS s1e5 preview

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: October 16, 2013, 05:08:48 PM »
Son of coul, more like son of Ultorn.

Alright going by the Pyro guy being Asain he's probably sunfire which makes me wonder how they can use him since he's tied up in the X-men.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: October 16, 2013, 09:13:46 PM »
12 Years A Slave

Comes out Friday, the 18th.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1840 on: October 16, 2013, 09:27:59 PM »
Kill la Kill

So the Gurren Lagann team told Gainax to get knotted and formed Studio Trigger, and this is their first long-term projects. The first two episodes have provided great .gif material if nothing else:

Leans a little heavy on the fanservice from all appearances, but it's at least as hot blooded as GL. Funimation, if you wanna dub this, I'll send the check.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: October 18, 2013, 03:56:47 PM »
More Marvel Movie news
(I really should make that Marvel Cinematic Universe thread I've mentioned several times now....)

The Wasp is likely to have a name attached to it for the upcoming Ant-Man movie.
So it looks like Rashida Jones will play Janet Van Dyne as support to the likely Paul Rudd as Ant-Man
http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2013/10/exclusive-we-know-who-front-runner-for.html
The Wasp WON’T feature in Ant-Man, but Janet Van Dyne WILL. The source says, “Janet will be a love interest and a major supporting character, we would see multiple references to her future as The Wasp throughout the film.†As if this wasn’t enough, the source later told me WHO Marvel and Edgar Wright had in their eyes for the role. It seems that Parks & Recreation star Rashida Jones is on top of Marvel’s shortlist for the role of 'Janet Van Dyne'.

Chris Pratt (GotG) works with Rashida on Parks & Rec.
Rashida Jones worked with Paul Rudd on I Love You, Man
So atleast they have worked together before, and I liked that movie, so I have hopes for Ant-Man

also it appears that Capt. America: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy and X-Men: Days of Future Past may all have trailers before Thor: The Dark World (Nov 8th).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:46:20 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: October 18, 2013, 04:53:28 PM »
Universal to follow Marvel's lead and create a "Monster Universe" for Universal's Classic Monsters!?
A "Van Helsing" & "The Mummy" reboots are just the beginning....?
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/64692

Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman are everywhere these days. The screenwriting duo seem to be attached in one form or another to just about every project out there (with varying degrees of success).

In a recent interview with IGN to promote ENDER'S GAME (on which the duo is credited as producers), Orci revealed some plans to take on Universal's classic stable of monsters. They are already on board to develop remakes of both VAN HELSING and THE MUMMY, but the information in the interview suggests those could just be the beginning. They may be creating updated versions of these classic horror tales that could grow into a universe all its own.

There’s an interesting thing that could happen at Universal where they have this amazing library of their old monsters and these kinds of heroes, and the idea of trying to create a universe. [We're doing] Van Helsing, and we’re also producing The Mummy for them. We’re kind of imagining updating these kinds of things. You don’t want to just make remakes when you’re doing a thing, unless it’s worthy of being a remake, but when you have an idea for something that can actually be made different and yet be true to what it was. We just had a notion of how to make it modern and have a slightly different tone. It’s not going to be just a remake.

So... The Mummy is resurrected... and then followed up by a Van Helsing Movie which is of him going to hunt The Mummy Down, and just before that ends he hears stories of a Wolfman, which leads to a The Wolfman movie, which then leads to a Dracula Movie, which leads to another Van Helsing Movie, and so on and so on.

Hmmm. Could be interesting.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: October 18, 2013, 06:40:31 PM »
I was really hoping they cast someone who look like a real life version of the Earth Mightiest Hero Wasp.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: October 18, 2013, 07:26:53 PM »
Universal to follow Marvel's lead and create a "Monster Universe" for Universal's Classic Monsters!?
A "Van Helsing" & "The Mummy" reboots are just the beginning....?
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/64692

Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman are everywhere these days. The screenwriting duo seem to be attached in one form or another to just about every project out there (with varying degrees of success).

In a recent interview with IGN to promote ENDER'S GAME (on which the duo is credited as producers), Orci revealed some plans to take on Universal's classic stable of monsters. They are already on board to develop remakes of both VAN HELSING and THE MUMMY, but the information in the interview suggests those could just be the beginning. They may be creating updated versions of these classic horror tales that could grow into a universe all its own.

There’s an interesting thing that could happen at Universal where they have this amazing library of their old monsters and these kinds of heroes, and the idea of trying to create a universe. [We're doing] Van Helsing, and we’re also producing The Mummy for them. We’re kind of imagining updating these kinds of things. You don’t want to just make remakes when you’re doing a thing, unless it’s worthy of being a remake, but when you have an idea for something that can actually be made different and yet be true to what it was. We just had a notion of how to make it modern and have a slightly different tone. It’s not going to be just a remake.

So... The Mummy is resurrected... and then followed up by a Van Helsing Movie which is of him going to hunt The Mummy Down, and just before that ends he hears stories of a Wolfman, which leads to a The Wolfman movie, which then leads to a Dracula Movie, which leads to another Van Helsing Movie, and so on and so on.

Hmmm. Could be interesting.

My wife will be stoked to hear this news. She loved the Mummy movies and monster/horror movies in general. Will give us plenty of reasons to go to the movies in the upcoming years.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: October 22, 2013, 04:41:07 PM »
More Marvel "movie?" news.

Ben Kingsley (The Mandarin - Iron Man 3) is working on a secret Marvel project.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110520
"It's a secret Marvel project. I'm not allowed to say any more, you're going to have to wait and see," he said, adding, "I was with many members of the crew that were involved in Iron Man 3. It was lovely to see them again. It was great to be with this wonderful family."

Would be nice to see him somehow actually become The Mandarin. Maybe it's a "one Shot" for the end of Thor 2? an artifact from Thor's Vault lands on earth? Ten "magical" Rings maybe....?
or maybe it ties into SHIELD?
a direct crossover from the Big Screen to the Small Screen would really help the TV show a lot.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: October 22, 2013, 04:44:33 PM »
I would laugh if they went the Armored Adventures way with the Mandarin.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: October 22, 2013, 05:50:05 PM »
It doesn't have to be a new film. (I can't see where they can take this interpretation of the Mandarain, hell his only other potential plot point was to be killed).

It's probably going to be a Marvel One shot based around the character. Thor Comes out next month so the next One Shot should be in the filming process if its going to be launching alongside the Thor Blu-ray release in March.   

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: October 22, 2013, 07:46:06 PM »
Mandarin "the actor" continues his role as head of a Terrorist faction such as The Ten Rings, and it turns out he was in charge the entire time!!! DUN DUN DUNN!!

Edit: and that is the terrorist group behind The Rising Tide, the group the Skye is attached to. Which would make sense since The Mandarin is Chinese and Skye is half Chinese and speaks fluent Mandarin.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:51:27 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »