Author Topic: One Piece: Unlimited Adventure Goes Gold  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure Goes Gold
« on: January 04, 2008, 06:00:50 AM »
The next One Piece adventure sees a January 22nd release.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15054

One Piece™: Unlimited Adventure™ Finds Gold In North America    

The Straw Hat Pirates to Land on the Wii™

Santa Clara, Calif., (January 3, 2008) – Leading video games publisher and developer, NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., announced today that One Piece™: Unlimited Adventure™ has gone gold for the Wii™. Based on the hit animated TV series, One Piece™, players will follow the adventures of the Straw Hat Pirates as their journey leads them to treasure and perilous encounters on an uncharted isle. Danger awaits swashbuckling players when One Piece: Unlimited Adventure is released on January 22.    

“One Piece: Unlimited Adventure is the perfect fit on the Wii system as gamers can come together to explore, compete and experience the world of the animated series," said Todd Thorson, Director of Marketing and Public Relations at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. “One Piece: Unlimited Adventure embodies our commitment to produce top-notch games that are an extension of its popular anime properties."    

While sailing the open sea, an island mysteriously rises from deep beneath the ocean waves, leaving the Straw Hat Pirates stranded on a strange land. Players will take control of their favorite One Piece characters to explore new areas, battle vicious enemies and solve challenging puzzles.    

With the innovative Wii Remote™ and Nunchuck™ controller, players will pull, turn and swing to battle nefarious villains using each character’s own unique set of moves including Luffy’s “Gum Gum Storm" and Nami The Navigator’s “Cyclone Tempo". Players can experience the exclusive new storyline in Adventure Mode with one of eight Straw Hat Pirates; put their skills to the test in Survival Mode; or go toe-to-toe with friends in Vs. Mode. Players can also unlock over 40 characters, secret items, and special costumes. With more characters to play as and hours of gameplay, One Piece: Unlimited Adventure marks the spot for fun and adventure on the high seas.    

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure is rated “T" for teen by the ESRB. For more information on One Piece: Unlimited Adventure, please visit: onepiece.namcobandaigames.com.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: One Piece: Unlimited Adventure Goes Gold
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 07:40:44 AM »
Since we first heard about this title before system launch that means they've used the past year and a half to polish this into a AAA title, right?  

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
RE:One Piece: Unlimited Adventure Goes Gold
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 08:27:43 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Since we first heard about this title before system launch that means they've used the past year and a half to polish this into a AAA title, right?

YOU'RE GONNA BE KING OF THE NAIVE
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Magus19

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 11:24:39 AM »
I am a big One Peice fan so I'll probably get the game, it looks better than other games they did. I also saw some vids of the japanese version to convince me.
RotD
Old School RPG Project, currently recruiting!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 11:48:49 AM »
So... is this an actual Zelda-esque adventure game?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 12:27:42 PM »
All I remember of this game is that it was one of the most impressive Wii games visually at E3 06... at least in my opinion.  I hope it still looks nice.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 02:54:54 PM »
Oh, I'm definitely getting this game.
Kudos to the company that didn't care if the televised series in North-America is up to date with the game or not. It's actually good for their buisness because the majority of people that will buy this game are fans that follow One Piece at a weekly basis by reading the scanlations and watching the fansubs.
*checks release date* D'oh, No more Heroes is supposed to come out also on that week, decisions, decisions, decisions.