Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 675064 times)

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (#Team2017 Wins Again!)
« Reply #1650 on: August 02, 2016, 10:17:49 AM »
AMD said Scorpio was one design win, Xbox One S is considered "new SOC business" not a new design win :) https://t.co/zwYK0l2ahW
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 02, 2016, 10:35:20 AM »
And I forgot about the streaming to TV tech. Hmm... though I don't see the point honestly. Why not just plug it in, detach the controllers, and sit back on the couch?

I was thinking for games like mmorpgs or apps like Netflix, you'd want a touchscreen in front of you rather than a controller.

Then also let everyone know they can play the same game (even same game cartridge) in more beauty on an optional $$350-400 home console/super dock. The Console would be the fancy schmancy power unit that's targeted at the enthusiast market, less popular but there to assuage power-hungry spec shoppers. Those sorts of consumers wouldn't normally buy a super-pricey Nintendo console, but this one would ride the software library coat-tails of its mass-market priced little brother and... AHHH HYPE TRAIN!

This. So much this.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 02, 2016, 01:18:06 PM »
What if the NX is a tv hybrid so you don't have to buy a tv and you can watch your tv on the bus-- awwugh shoot that's a stupid idea forget I said it
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 02, 2016, 03:29:33 PM »
Lisa Su from AMD. She talked about both XB1S and Scorpio, clearly saying Scorpio was 1 design win. 2 more later. https://t.co/CwN8EU7Lpv

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 02, 2016, 06:53:08 PM »
PS4 Neo and whatever comes after the Scorpio.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 02, 2016, 08:41:11 PM »
PS4 Neo and whatever comes after the Scorpio.

NX my dear Watson ;)

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 02, 2016, 08:58:15 PM »
Lisa Su from AMD also said they more SOC design wins besides just the 3, so we'll see, in due time https://t.co/2GISoz9jTC

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 02, 2016, 09:14:04 PM »
Not a huge surprise, but it sounds like Ubisoft has more in the works for the NX beyond Just Dance 2017:

Another new technology that Ubisoft is excited to support is the Nintendo NX. Of course, Nintendo has yet to say anything at all about its new hardware while the rumor mill continues to present plenty of plausible possibilities, but Corre assures me that Ubisoft is gearing up for a slate of titles beyond Just Dance.

"We announced that we're developing Just Dance for NX and we have other surprises that we will announce later, but we also believe Nintendo has the power to reinvent the way families are playing," Corre tells me. "Nintendo is a fantastic powerhouse of brands that are really cherished by a lot of fans and families... I am still impressed by the reoccurrence of success and appetite even today for the Nintendo franchises on the current system."

Ubisoft's games don't typically appeal to me, but these comments are certainly a good sign for early third party support.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-08-01-ubisoft-our-vr-games-will-be-profitable

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 02, 2016, 09:20:12 PM »
What this means is Beyond Good and Evil 2 is a NX exclusive, right? Right?!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 02, 2016, 11:13:44 PM »
Umm, Nvidia does make CPUs (licensed technology from ARM) so that Twitter post has no merit. Tegra = CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 02, 2016, 11:14:12 PM »
Isn't Ubisoft ALWAYS game for first mover status? They get in to a new platform before others, benefit due to being among the fewer early choices, but whether they stick around is another story.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 02, 2016, 11:16:18 PM »
Also, we are at the point where Nvidia would have denied any involvement with the NX by now, and Nintendo would have released a statement about speculation to the press.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 02, 2016, 11:25:22 PM »
But nothing makes it certain that it's nvidia especially for the home console besides the rumor, which for all intent could be false leaks. We'll see though.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 02, 2016, 11:32:28 PM »
Umm
Stop it, TJ.
Also, we are at the point where Nvidia would have denied any involvement with the NX by now, and Nintendo would have released a statement about speculation to the press.
NVidia, probably. Nintendo, who knows? Sometimes, it doesn't comment. Sometimes, it does, but when it does, it may or may not flat-out lie to everyone. Silence makes Nintendo look less terrible. I mean, no comment is a comment in itself, but it's better than actual dishonesty. No need to deny if it's just going to make a formal announcement in a few weeks. I wonder if Nintendo has figured out that its public relations department sucks balls. Scott Moffitt left which may not have been entirely voluntary so maybe Nintendo realized its marketing department sucked balls and finally did something about it. Hopefully, PR is next. Baby steps.

Nvidia will be at the Hot Chips conference on August 22 which is where it's expected the company formally reveals the X2. Slim chance Nintendo gets mentioned, but it would lead the way for Nintendo announce an Nvidia partnership shortly after. My bet is on September to boost the quarter because Nintendo had ****-all during this period.
But nothing makes it certain that it's nvidia especially for the home console besides the rumor, which for all intent could be false leaks. We'll see though.
But nothing makes it certain that it's AMD especially for the home console besides the rumor, which for all intent could be false leaks. We'll see though.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: August 03, 2016, 01:42:32 AM »
I'll rebuke you with a only thing for sure is nothings for sure.

And if Nvidia announces nothing with the x2 then what's the conensus?

Amd has more to announce, but time will tell.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: August 03, 2016, 05:17:36 AM »
We're discussing rumors. Of course, nothing is for sure. It's just weird that you keep bringing up AMD despite recent reports all pointing to Nvidia powering NX. Eurogamer may be wrong and no one has a perfect track record, but by the same token, no one is refuting either. It's been about a week and there haven't been any denials by Nintendo, Nvidia, nor another insider. While we can't say anything is certain until given official word from Nintendo and its partners, all signs are pointing to:

1. NX using an Nvidia semi-custom SOC.
2. There is no separate console.

I mean, I'd prefer a dedicated console, but looking at this objectively, nothing is supporting that right now.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 03, 2016, 10:38:53 AM »
This discussion has pretty much peaked for now. In the interest of talking about something else here's Digital Foundry taking a theoretical look at a possible Gamecube/Wii Virtual Console.

My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 03, 2016, 12:21:13 PM »
Not a huge surprise, but it sounds like Ubisoft has more in the works for the NX beyond Just Dance 2017:

Another new technology that Ubisoft is excited to support is the Nintendo NX. Of course, Nintendo has yet to say anything at all about its new hardware while the rumor mill continues to present plenty of plausible possibilities, but Corre assures me that Ubisoft is gearing up for a slate of titles beyond Just Dance.

"We announced that we're developing Just Dance for NX and we have other surprises that we will announce later, but we also believe Nintendo has the power to reinvent the way families are playing," Corre tells me. "Nintendo is a fantastic powerhouse of brands that are really cherished by a lot of fans and families... I am still impressed by the reoccurrence of success and appetite even today for the Nintendo franchises on the current system."

Ubisoft's games don't typically appeal to me, but these comments are certainly a good sign for early third party support.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-08-01-ubisoft-our-vr-games-will-be-profitable

Ubisoft gushed about the Wii U as well.  I guess this is better than if things were so dire that even Ubisoft wouldn't give the NX a shot but it's more a sign of things being "not terrible" instead of specifically good.  The constant mention of families suggests lots of Just Dance and Petz.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 03, 2016, 04:41:47 PM »
Here's something I found interesting from Iwata a year ago:

IWATA: "What we mean by integrating platforms is NOT INTEGRATING HANDHELDS DEVICES AND HOME CONSOLES TO MAKE ONLY ONE MACHINE. What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferable and operating systems and their build-in applications more portable regardless of form factor or performance of each platform".

So if this still carries weight, then it still suggests that the handheld and home console are separate.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 03, 2016, 04:51:22 PM »
Eurogamer debunked? https://youtu.be/ljBwUlaG8cI

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 03, 2016, 05:07:09 PM »
I just hope some games are revealed soon...

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 03, 2016, 05:17:30 PM »
I would be ecstatic if Nintendo did GameCube Virtual Console. There are a lot of games I missed out on during the GameCube years that I really wanna play, but trying to get a copy of games like Skies of Arcadia and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is prohibitively expensive now (though I guess getting games like that isn't a guarantee even if they do ahead with the service). While it's not going to push consoles on its own, GameCube Virtual Console would be a good complement to Nintendo's launch lineup if they could have it ready in time.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 03, 2016, 05:20:38 PM »
We're discussing rumors. Of course, nothing is for sure. It's just weird that you keep bringing up AMD despite recent reports all pointing to Nvidia powering NX. Eurogamer may be wrong and no one has a perfect track record, but by the same token, no one is refuting either. It's been about a week and there haven't been any denials by Nintendo, Nvidia, nor another insider. While we can't say anything is certain until given official word from Nintendo and its partners, all signs are pointing to:

1. NX using an Nvidia semi-custom SOC.
2. There is no separate console.

I mean, I'd prefer a dedicated console, but looking at this objectively, nothing is supporting that right now.

There's quite abit that supports amd over nvidia, unless the 22nd reveals something, but it's off that Nvidia hasn't revealed anything of such to share holders as that would be important and would raise stock prices.

Just because EG and others are going by rumors doesn't mean that will be the end product, all these sources have been wrong before at one point or another. Also IGN once stated that the Wii U would be as powerful as the X1, but we knew how that turned out.

But we'll find out between now and September.

Right now we know It's possible that it'll be AMD or Nvidia, or it could even be both. One for Console AMD and the Handheld Nvidia... although not sure how software would work with Nintendo wanting unify things via software with very different GPU's.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 03, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »
Yeah, a GCN VC is something I was hoping for out of the Wii U, especially once I saw the GCN controller adapter. The Wii U is already capable of handling GCN emulation so I see no reason why the NX couldn't. I missed out on a fair number of GCN games, most of which have gone up in price more than I'm willing to pay, so I'd probably buy quite a few on VC. In addition to the two Oedo mentioned, I'd also hope for more obscure stuff like Chibi-Robo and Cubivore.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:23:40 PM by Mop it up »

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 03, 2016, 05:24:25 PM »
Yeah, a GCN VC is something I was hoping for out of the Wii U, especially once I saw the GCN controller adapter. The Wii U is already capable of handling GCN emulation so I see no reason why the NX couldn't. I missed out on a fair number of GCN games, most of which have gone in price more than I'm willing to pay, so I'd probably buy quite a few on VC. In addition to the two Oedo mentioned, I'd also hope for more obscure stuff like Chibi-Robo and Cubivore.

I would love for that, I always wanted to get MGS: TTS  and a few others.