Author Topic: Former EA COO: Nintendo will leave hardware production eventually  (Read 7936 times)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Former EA COO: Nintendo will leave hardware production eventually
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 05:46:45 PM »
Well some of the people at Nintendo are basically immortal so I doubt the company will go anywhere even in a thousand years from now.

This is Sakurai, Miyamoto and Iwata about 20 years ago.

Seriously, these men are not aging people.  Sakurai has found a way to make his body get younger for f*cks sake.

I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »
I wouldn't use the terms "games" and "profitable" in the same sentence when talking about Sony considering that division is losing money for them (though the company as a whole is losing money too).

Maybe lately due to all the costs that Vita has incurred, but until recently the PlayStation division was allegedly propping up all the other Sony electronics divisions (which have been monetary black holes for quite some time now).  One of Kaz Hirai's directives as Sony President, apparently, is cutting all that deadweight off the PlayStation division (which is why you don't hear Sony pushing 3D anymore, which was an effort to prop up the TV division).

Actually, the PlayStation division has lost money before. Even back in 2008 and 2009 it was losing money (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505124_162-43441812/sony-ps3-biz-up-some-but-division-and-others-still-gloomy/?tag=bnetdomain).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »
nintendo could develop molecules that when looked under a microscope spell Nintendo, they are a self sustaining organism that lasts millions and millions of years and are designed to withstand a universal implosion....

But organisms are subject to evolution. What if evolution steers them towards going third party? Creating a Nintendo organism is the first step, but they need to be placed in an environment where they are the apex predator and where there would be no danger of a Sony or Microsoft organism coming in and destroying the delicate ecosystem.
is your sanity...