Author Topic: introduction and a few intresting rumors  (Read 22789 times)

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Intresting Rumors.......Post some of your own too!
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2004, 03:54:15 PM »
Holy crap! That's twice the processors of my computer! I love technology. It's so fast, it's getting ahead of us. ^_^ Maybe this one will be codenamed the Nintendo Orca.  
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
RE:Intresting Rumors.......Post some of your own too!
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2004, 04:31:24 PM »
I think it should be named 'NES'.  Tug on those old nostalgia strings a little bit
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2004, 07:06:24 PM »
Supposidly Nintendo plans some aquisitions or mergers. From Nintendojo i think. Dont know what it meant

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2004, 07:21:14 PM »
Nintendo aquires the inventor of SPAM: The Original Canned Ham! Their first game will be SPAM UNLEASHED WITH A VENGENCE. Not much is known about how much this game will suck.

I doubt it's anything big if there is a merger or acquisition.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2004, 08:29:24 PM »
The article on IGN outlines the same thing - Nintendo are looking to acquire "key technologies for its conventional businesses ahead of competitors." I don't think they could be any more cryptic about it too.

News of anything big resulting from this will probably be heard around E3 methinks - when a lot of chest-beating will go on about who is involved with which console.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2004, 08:39:50 PM »
I mean... Why post it. It could be as minor as Nintendo buying some small chip maker that will produce Nintendo DS Chips to as big as Nintendo buying some major developer or merging with someone big like a Capcom or an IBM... Dont know what to expect at all

Offline seven_chaos

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2004, 09:18:08 PM »

Originally posted by: Perfect Cell
I mean... Why post it. It could be as minor as Nintendo buying some small chip maker that will produce Nintendo DS Chips to as big as Nintendo buying some major developer or merging with someone big like a Capcom or an IBM... Dont know what to expect at all

Dare I say, Nintendo/Apple merger!!1!

mmmmmmmmmmm...me likes teh idea lots.
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music..." - Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2004, 09:22:57 PM »
If Nintendo took Capcom it'd be easy for them to get a really good spot in the next generation race. I doubt they'd do that, though.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2004, 10:29:57 PM »
IGN's source is a Japanese newspaper. At least the source is credible, but how this impacts on everything remains to be seen.
I also don't think it will be a big developer - either a deal with a major hardware company or small developers for the N5.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2004, 06:30:05 AM »
wasn't it a japanese newspaper that originally reported on 'the m-word'?  this is the one reason why i hate the internet--stupid rumors start to snowball and before you know it nintendo is going to purchase half of the free world.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2004, 11:52:52 AM »
I hope they purchase Factor5, they wouldn't be to expensive like Capcom because Factor5 is just a developer. I like Factor 5 becaue not only are they a talented developer but they are good with hardware and stuff like that.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2004, 12:18:50 PM »
I believe it was V-jump that reported the M3gaton, but it was the fans' fault for expecting so much...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2004, 01:48:27 PM »

Originally posted by: seven_chaos
Dare I say, Nintendo/Apple merger!!1!

mmmmmmmmmmm...me likes teh idea lots.

PLEASE don't get my hopes up about that again. Meh, too late.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2004, 10:18:35 AM »
dam , I need E3 to come already  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2004, 11:57:09 AM »
I still don't see how Nintendo would benefit from a merger with apple...other than pulling the five apple fanboys in the world over to the nintendo side...  =)

Don't worry, i'm just messin'
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline scooter411

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2004, 01:37:46 PM »
Someone asked what the point of having a 30 gig hard drive on your cube would be.  I'll tell you, nothing, but if X-Box has taught me anything it's that hard drives are nice, because although you may not want the 30, you could definately find a place on the internet that would be happy to install a 120 gig on your machine, then you can rent games and save them to the hard drive.  Then you get to keep all those wonderful games, and all the not-so-wonderful ones.  This is very illegal, but very true, i'm sure some people are pulling for the HD just for this reason.
If it's real for me do i have to prove it to you.  Why do revolutions fade, to cold blue untruths. -Bad Religion

Offline scooter411

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2004, 01:40:19 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
XBox 2 was announced to have three (they might use less, after all they're using PwerMac G5s as devkits and those don't come with three processors). If they want to boast with that them might have a word wirth Sony, who will have 32 or something like that. If you ask me we don't need that, I have one processor that is a lot slower than this IBM thing and it still doesn't slow down any new games. Two processors (which, unlike the other consoles, will likely have more specific tasks) demand multiprocessing, though, which games don't deliver.

Doesn't surprise me that the N5 will have two CPUs, the DS has two and Iwata said the DS is a sample of what they're planning for the N5.

But if they have two processors then in a year or so when the processors start getting outdated then they won't have to slow down the games, they can continue moving forward for longer
If it's real for me do i have to prove it to you.  Why do revolutions fade, to cold blue untruths. -Bad Religion

Offline BlkPaladin

• View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2004, 07:00:14 AM »
But on the flip side it makes the machine more difficult to program for.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2004, 08:25:05 AM »
Thats a really good point. Production costs are gonna rise a lot with the new complexity of the next generation machines. If Nintendo can make a cost effective, easy to develope for console then they may find more developers who will choose to develope for Nintendo because of the money save on producing the game.

Offline SLIVER

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2004, 11:37:36 AM »
First off I almost talked to DENIS DYACK!!!!!
I called SK to complain about their breakup with Nintedo and all they said was "Weird Huh?" and "Just Wait" then I asked them a few questions about job oppurtunities.

What if it's just a sanity effect to promote Eternal Darkness 2? All this is supposably happening but isn't really true.

No lies either.
So much for Too Human!!
"Nintendo, where dreams never come true"
Mario Tennis, Too Human, Eternal Darkness 2.

(NINTENDO IS AFRAID OF CHANGES!) "YOU COWARDS, TAKE IT LIKE A MAN"

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2004, 11:50:30 AM »
Boy are you late to the show...In fact, most of you are...

Offline Evan_G

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2004, 02:00:31 PM »

Originally posted by: SLIVER
First off I almost talked to DENIS DYACK!!!!!
I called SK to complain about their breakup with Nintedo and all they said was "Weird Huh?" and "Just Wait" then I asked them a few questions about job oppurtunities.

What if it's just a sanity effect to promote Eternal Darkness 2? All this is supposably happening but isn't really true.

No lies either.

That is so bizarre, it could be true.
Super NES forever

Offline Zeks

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2004, 07:49:49 PM »
Just wanted to add one more thing to this.  If uve played ED then you know that triads are all throught the game.  The spell system also revolves around 3 alignments.  And the most one, the first lil puzzle in the game is??? Anyone remember?  You have to set the clock to 3:33.  Its also when alex is awoken, right at 3:33.  Dont beleive me, start the game urself .

The game was also subtitled "The 13 Chosen souls" in Japan, 12 characters and the player makes 13 .

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2004, 03:43:39 PM »
Ubisoft are completely dropping the GameCube.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2004, 03:45:53 PM »
Miyamoto is leaving Nintendo and taking EAD with him...