Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 615462 times)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
« Reply #1450 on: June 22, 2011, 04:10:59 PM »
When Young Link went back to his own time at the end of Ocarina, that is what caused the split.  Since the Master Sword got resealed, Ganondorf wasn't able to get the Triforce the same way he got it in Adult Links timeline.  Of course he somehow eventually got it in Young Links timeline but the sages sealed him away in the Twilight Realm before he could take over Hyrule like in Adult Linkds timeline. 

This is why Ganondorf in Twilight Princess has no memory of anyone like Link because he never fought Link in that timeline.  Where as Wind Waker Ganondorf did nothing but compared WW Link to the Hero of Time since he got his ass kicked by him hundreds of years earlier.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 22, 2011, 04:13:07 PM »
So then the split occured in Ocarina and not Twilight, correct?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 22, 2011, 04:14:27 PM »
Yep.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 22, 2011, 04:16:28 PM »
So the split occured in Ocarina but separated Twilight from Windwaker.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 22, 2011, 04:17:58 PM »
So the split occured in Ocarina but separated Twilight from Windwaker.
And Majora Mask.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: June 22, 2011, 04:18:50 PM »

very late response, but...
I think the next iteration is going to have EAD scratching their proverbial beard. If Skyward Sword is a success in terms of reception of controls, then how do you utilize the new controller? If the controls are so good, then it would seem like a step back to play with buttons instead of motion.

A shield attachment that holds the uMote attached to a nunchuck in your hand. Wiimote+ is your sword.
Shield screen will also be used for aiming your bow, they can actually get even more immersive if they want.

They don't need to go back to buttons for the next Zelda.

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 22, 2011, 04:20:13 PM »
Ok I thought Megabyte meant that the split occured in Twilight. Also how does young Link get out of Termina?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 22, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »

very late response, but...
I think the next iteration is going to have EAD scratching their proverbial beard. If Skyward Sword is a success in terms of reception of controls, then how do you utilize the new controller? If the controls are so good, then it would seem like a step back to play with buttons instead of motion.

A shield attachment that holds the uMote attached to a nunchuck in your hand. Wiimote+ is your sword.
Shield screen will also be used for aiming your bow, they can actually get even more immersive if they want.

They don't need to go back to buttons for the next Zelda.
Or Splinter off another Timeline that uses the Wiimote style and let the Toon link be the traditional Hardcore controls.  Oh the delicious irony of saying that.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 22, 2011, 04:21:14 PM »
Ok I thought Megabyte meant that the split occured in Twilight. Also how does young Link get out of Termina?
Drizzt have you play OoT?  If not play it.

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 22, 2011, 04:22:49 PM »
I've played every Zelda game and beaten all but Zelda 2.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 22, 2011, 04:27:22 PM »
I've played every Zelda game and beaten all but Zelda 2.
Ok, he goes back to being a child at the end so effectively Link the person OoT is his past but the Timeline he is in Future making the split.  Everything in his past on the adult side never happened in the timeline he ends up in.  While WW is in the timeline that was Links original Timeline and the Adult things did happen.  Twilight Princess is in the Timeline where Adult Link never Happened.

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 22, 2011, 04:29:15 PM »
So do you think the Skyward sword controller will come in a bundle or will it be able to be purchased separately?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 02:30:18 PM by Drizzt »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 24, 2011, 03:27:40 PM »
I would think both. Skyward Sword is most definitely going to have M+ or a M+ controller bundled.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 24, 2011, 03:47:24 PM »
I'm seeing it as an expensive Club Nintendo Reward and a Pre-Order\First day Gift.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 24, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »
Yeah I still need an M+ so a bundle would be good.

If they do that first day bullshit like with the OoT soundtrack I'm going to be PISSED!  Canada often sucks at getting games the same day as the US so I could get gypped out of it even if I buy it on the first day I could.  But considering how universally unpopular that idea was I would hope Nintendo would not do it again.

A whole controller would seem excessive since Nintendo would probably jack up the price because of it.  I just need the M+ attachment.  I already have all the controllers I want.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 24, 2011, 04:38:26 PM »
Yeah I still need an M+ so a bundle would be good.

If they do that first day bullshit like with the OoT soundtrack I'm going to be PISSED!  Canada often sucks at getting games the same day as the US so I could get gypped out of it even if I buy it on the first day I could.  But considering how universally unpopular that idea was I would hope Nintendo would not do it again.

A whole controller would seem excessive since Nintendo would probably jack up the price because of it.  I just need the M+ attachment.  I already have all the controllers I want.
lol,  I couldn't keep a straight face on that one.  I think NoA would consider that a Pro.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 26, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »
heres my take,

Nintendo doesnt always care about the plotline, and keep re-inventing it.

If you think about it, there should be a game in between  mm and WW that answers what happens if link grew up outside of the sacred realm. That would be badassed.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 26, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »
Nintendo doesnt always care about the plotline, and keep re-inventing it.

Wait, Zelda has a plot?!

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 26, 2011, 11:10:26 PM »
At this point, I've come to equate Zelda with something like Norse mythology.  There's a number of stories with a sort of an overarching narrative to it all, but you have to perform some major acrobatics in order to make the pieces fit together cleanly.

The fact that the responses on the split timeline theory varies depending on which Nintendo employee you ask doesn't help matters at all. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 27, 2011, 08:13:01 AM »
At this point, I've come to equate Zelda with something like Norse mythology.  There's a number of stories with a sort of an overarching narrative to it all, but you have to perform some major acrobatics in order to make the pieces fit together cleanly.

The fact that the responses on the split timeline theory varies depending on which Nintendo employee you ask doesn't help matters at all. 

Aonuma (Sp?) First game was OoT and thats the start of anything resembling a long term timeline.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: June 27, 2011, 02:43:37 PM »
If Skyward Sword is successful and its control system becomes a staple of the series then I would love to see a better motion control system used for future titles in the series. This is one reason why I want Nintendo to produce a real successor to the Wiimote. Something similar to the Move controller in terms of precision and better controls than Skyward Sword.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 27, 2011, 02:50:10 PM »
If Skyward Sword is successful and its control system becomes a staple of the series then I would love to see a better motion control system used for future titles in the series. This is one reason why I want Nintendo to produce a real successor to the Wiimote. Something similar to the Move controller in terms of precision and better controls than Skyward Sword.
It could be less precise then Move as long as it was just as reliable as the Wiimote.  Move is well.. When it works it works well but that's when it it works.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 27, 2011, 03:00:28 PM »
It could be less precise then Move as long as it was just as reliable as the Wiimote.  Move is well.. When it works it works well but that's when it it works.

Nintendo would have to make the Wiimote 2.0 more precise and as functional as possible, but I see the Move controller as a challenge to the Wiimote, so Nintendo had better be smart and step up to the challenge.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1473 on: June 27, 2011, 07:26:21 PM »

Nintendo would have to make the Wiimote 2.0 more precise and as functional as possible, but I see the Move controller as a challenge to the Wiimote, so Nintendo had better be smart and step up to the challenge.

Ugh, just... no. I want that sword back in Link's left hand -- where it belongs. I'm sick of gimmicky motion control. Wind Waker's battle system was tight, responsive, and hella cool with the finishing blows. Expand on that, and make it better. Darksiders did a pretty good job of it... so the next Zelda can, too.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 27, 2011, 07:51:45 PM »
What I want is for Zelda to be cutting edge in that it is constantly the top standard for its genre.  That means it has to be less formulaic.  When people are suggesting with a straight face that Darksiders or Okami do Zelda better than Zelda, then Nintendo isn't doing it right.