Author Topic: Comic Books  (Read 14264 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Comic Books
« on: August 29, 2012, 06:25:37 PM »
So anyone else read comic books. If so this is the place to talk. From Marvel and DC to Indies its al; here.
Anywho these are the books I currently read and keep up with.
Action Comics
Animal Man
Earth 2
Green Arrow
Swamp Thing
Batman
Frankenstien agent of shade
Batwoman
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Justice League Dark
I,Vampire
Teen Titans
Captian Marvel
Fatale

was reading before ended
Omac
Justice League International

thinking of adding to my pull list
Superman
Justice League
FF
sword and socery

as you can see im a big DC fan.

Looks to be a Good time to be a comics fan with Year 2 of the DCnu starting in October and Marvel Now shaking things up.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Comic Books
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 06:41:14 PM »
I've recently cut way down on books because I have about a thousand issues of books that I haven't read yet. I'm not buying anything new outside of megaman until I read at least half of what I have stashed in my closet. I have two or three years worth of marvel/dc continuity stuff I haven't even touched. I'm much more of an indie guy though. Not in a pretentious sort of way. I can just only handle so many super hero stories at a time.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:01:58 PM »
I've recently cut way down on books because I have about a thousand issues of books that I haven't read yet. I'm not buying anything new outside of megaman until I read at least half of what I have stashed in my closet. I have two or three years worth of marvel/dc continuity stuff I haven't even touched. I'm much more of an indie guy though. Not in a pretentious sort of way. I can just only handle so many super hero stories at a time.

i'm def a cape guy and that probably has to do with me being sort of new to comics in general.\

Read the first arc of megaman and loved. Kind of sad that its the only way to get a megaman fix now in days but i'm hoping its popularity gives renewed intrest in the games. can't wait for the crossover with sonic.

Also im all digital by the way.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 08:54:35 PM »
I've been following the New 52, but haven't had time to read much. I'm probably at least two months behind on the books I've been reading.

Started reading The Walking Dead though. That **** is pretty good. Gets a little soap opera-y at times.

Also, recently finished Irredeemable and Incorruptible.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 10:06:22 PM »
I was following Catwoman and Wonder Woman (New 52) but the creative teams changed every other freaking issue, which really bothered me, so I quit them both. Batman just got a new creative team too, and the art sucks, so after the Court of Owls story I'm basically done with Batman. Only New 52 book I keep up with now is Animal Man, because it's amazing. Can't wait for THEM to change creative teams. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Only book I read consistently right now is the IDW reboot of TMNT, and any new Danger Girls anthologies that come out, although I'm not interested in the Danger Girl/GI Joe crossover.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 08:20:26 AM »
Batman is still Snyder and Capullo. Cloonan drew issue #12 because Capullo wanted a break and the issue doesn't focus on batman. Capullo is going to be back on next month. The same goes for catwoman. The wruiter has stayed the same and the artist has only been filled in usually with a similar artist.

And Animal Man already changed Artists halfway through.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 08:36:13 AM »
Changing artists is the main reason I stop reading a book. One of the few exceptions: back in the 80s Kevin Maguire was penciling Justice League, and then it went to Adam Hughes. They are both awesome and produced classic stories.

Offline Do_What

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 11:51:27 AM »
Becky Cloonan is one of my favorite artists in the industry. I've liked everything she's done artistically. Her work on Conan is great. I thought the court of owls story was a bit of a mess. It started interestingly enough then went on a bit long and got sort of sideways.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline Rimba

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Friv
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 08:23:18 AM »
I love all the Marvel comic books. It is sad that the kids our days prefer to watch the cartoons not read the comic. Only the smell of the comics pages makes me feel like Captain America. Cool photos btw.
We both loved the trash, I loved you, you loved yourself

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 09:44:04 AM »
Upper management and editorial at DC is horrible right now. They've ruined a lot of books.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 10:18:51 PM »

Eh I usually don't care about all the ediotral drama lliefield/snyder twitter drama aside.

I am suprised on how there are quite a few writers saying something is wrong with editorial while you have another slew of writers being abl to do what ever they want.

DC needs to start having writer summits like marvel does.

Still most of the dc lines are good with the only real bad ones being edge and maybe young justice.

Read a ton of books from last week and will probably post impression 2mmrw.

Offline TheXenocide

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 07:36:18 PM »
I just read all the Green Lantern titles that are out at any given time! I am so stoked for the Rise of the Third Army story line! I definitely recommend it to anybody!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 11:13:26 PM »
I read all of the new guardians book but dropped it last month in favor of the the main title. Baz seems awesome.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 05:18:21 PM »
Anyone keeping up with NYCC news.

Offline Do_What

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
I sort of am tangentially. Nothing has jumped out at me as super exciting.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »
The only comics I've ever read are the Serenity comics, Scott Pilgrim and a few Batman ones. I'm pretty ignorant of the comic book scene.
Gouge away.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »
Well the New 52 is only #14 issues in and would be easy to catch up on most series.  Also Marvel now is starting this month with the Point One issue and Uncanny Avengers. Alot of the heavy hitter like thor, ironman, captian america, and hulk. Are starting new story lines.

what types of genres are you into?

this NYCC hasnt been that exciting but the panels have been solid and a few suprise annoucments like Threshold and Uncanny Xforce look good.  Plus new creator owned work by snyder and lemire.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 10:34:59 PM »
I used to read a lot of them in the past but recently not so much. I blame video games for that and not having a nearby comic book store to go too but I found one semi recently which I will be picking up the new MLP:FIM comic on November 28th and maybe a few others that peak my interest since I have been out of the comic book arena for a while.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 01:48:06 AM »
How did I know there was a Pony comic. HOW DID I KNOW?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 03:10:15 AM »
I think I mentioned it in the Mafia Game thread for the game I was hosting. In any case the artist posted the 3rd page of the first issue on his DA page since it was being talked about at NYCC. It apparently already has 90,100 preorders so far. 
http://andypriceart.deviantart.com/#/d5hrj7k

Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 02:41:18 PM »
The MLP comic looks solid. Looks like a great creative team and it has its place. Its selling prepreprepretty well and up their with the top selling cape books.

Good to see a high selling kids book though i will amdit I'd rather have other books selling that much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 08:48:00 PM »
If anyone reads comics on a smart device, Comixology is having a half off sale on The Walking Dead. This is great for me, since I only got the first omnibuses when those went on sale.

For those that are unfamiliar with the app, it's like steam. There's sales every week. (Marvel has something on sale every Monday.) They sell all the major publishers except Darkhorse. If you wanna read comic books on a tablet, this is the way to go.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 09:30:51 PM »
The MLP comic looks solid. Looks like a great creative team and it has its place. Its selling prepreprepretty well and up their with the top selling cape books.

Good to see a high selling kids book though i will amdit I'd rather have other books selling that much.
It is a 2 person team I believe. They did a panel back in September about it. They aren't going to phone it in so they are making it for everyone. The release date was changed recently so ignore at the end when they say middle of November. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ILfOaolnDs
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 08:01:26 AM »
IDW the publisher has set up a sub forum for the comic on their forums found here

Also the editor has posted a topic where you can ask questions about the comic found here
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2012, 09:38:27 AM »
A few days ago, I finally got around to ordering the last Ultimate Spider-Man Hardcover I was missing (the rare, elusive, and expensive #8).  It should be arriving at my door as I write this, and then I'll finally have a complete collection of the original run of Ultimate Spider-Man in Hardcover form.  A pity Marvel hasn't started doing this for Ultimate Comics Spider-Man up to the start of the new Spider-Man's run.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.