Author Topic: Hyrule Warriors Worldwide Shipments Surpass One Million  (Read 3364 times)

Offline alexosborn

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Hyrule Warriors Worldwide Shipments Surpass One Million
« on: January 28, 2015, 01:35:20 PM »

Considering Wii U's install base, that's not too shabby.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39515/hyrule-warriors-worldwide-shipments-surpass-one-million

Hyrule Warriors, the Wii U exclusive hack-and-slash action game from Koei Tecmo, has shipped over one million units worldwide.

It's important to note that this figure is in regard to shipments to retailers, not sold through to consumers. Still, over one million is nothing to scoff at, especially when considering how small Wii U's install base currently is.

We were quite impressed with Hyrule Warriors when it launched last year. You can read our review here.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Hyrule Warriors Worldwide Shipments Surpass One Million
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:07:20 PM »
How long until Microsoft tries to do it's own Musou game?

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:08:50 PM »
Halo Warriors. Its like Firefight except its not.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 10:22:39 PM »
Gears of Warriors.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:09:09 PM »
How many unit has Xbone sold? I'm sure the Wii U's close to it if not better.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 11:13:26 PM »
How many unit has Xbone sold? I'm sure the Wii U's close to it if not better.

11 million?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 11:51:39 PM »
12.5m shipped to stores. And as long as they keep price dumping the thing, that's only going up.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline InvaderREN

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 03:03:56 AM »
After 5 years of Wii SD blue ocean games, (Galaxy excluded) N goes nuts and makes arguably the best versions of their games in HD aimed at hardcore gamers (NSMB, 3D World, Pikmin, Smash, Bayo etc) and the Wii U is still floundering. I'm in heaven, but apparently most of the rest of the world doesn't give a crap, I don't want to live anymore  :-[ .
If N goes under, that's it, I'm done, i'll just play Super, Prime, Zero, 1000 Year Door, ALL TEH ZELDA and Yoshi's Island and Galaxy 1 and 2 on a 4 year repeating loop. DONE.

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 08:46:32 AM »
After 5 years of Wii SD blue ocean games, (Galaxy excluded) N goes nuts and makes arguably the best versions of their games in HD aimed at hardcore gamers (NSMB, 3D World, Pikmin, Smash, Bayo etc) and the Wii U is still floundering. I'm in heaven, but apparently most of the rest of the world doesn't give a crap, I don't want to live anymore  :-[ .
If N goes under, that's it, I'm done, i'll just play Super, Prime, Zero, 1000 Year Door, ALL TEH ZELDA and Yoshi's Island and Galaxy 1 and 2 on a 4 year repeating loop. DONE.

I am sorry but just being HD does not make any of those games anymore appealing to the hardcore crowd. None of those games ever appealed to the hardcore gamer crowd period they appeal to the causal gamer, the Nintendo gamer, and the retro gamer. Take a wild guess which one I am.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 09:33:42 AM »

Even with the lower Wii U hardware sales they're still profiting off the system.  Combined with the fact they still have billions with no debts, they're not even close to being in any kind of real danger.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline fred13

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 11:52:49 AM »
Am I correct in assuming that 1 million shipped does NOT include digital download sales? So my purchase isn't included in that number?
Therefore maybe they actually have sold 1 million just not 1 million discs?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 11:57:36 AM »
After 5 years of Wii SD blue ocean games, (Galaxy excluded) N goes nuts and makes arguably the best versions of their games in HD aimed at hardcore gamers (NSMB, 3D World, Pikmin, Smash, Bayo etc) and the Wii U is still floundering.

"In HD" is something we wanted 9 years ago.  Today it's expected.  This is like hyping up a color tv in the 80's.