Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216465 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: (Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #4125 on: September 28, 2018, 02:34:04 AM »
What makes you think it'll never be in US theatres?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: September 28, 2018, 03:03:25 AM »
Because Disney owns the X-men now and is going to integrate them into the MCU with a credits teaser in Avengers 4.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: September 28, 2018, 08:36:12 AM »
Because Jennifer Lawrence was super bankable a few years ago.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: September 28, 2018, 10:01:54 AM »
I don't understand why they released the trailer at 1am EST. It says a lot about what they think to drop it at that hour.

Why is Storm using an umbrella?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: September 28, 2018, 10:53:30 AM »
Maybe she wants to sing in the rain?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: September 28, 2018, 12:35:59 PM »
I refuse to even watch the trailer.
It will never hit theaters in the US. and even if it does, I'm not gonna watch it, so it might as well not even exist in my consciousness.

This is my stance for all Marvel properties owned by other studios and not released under the Marvel Studio's moniker. I won't be watching the Venom film either.

With the Fox acquisition Operation Momma Disney Wants Her Marvel Babies Back has made a huge victory. Really, I think all that is left is Namour (not sure the rumor they got it back is true), Hulk film rights, and 1/2 of the Spidey rights. They are getting close and I'll keep doing my part to see them come together. All Disney needs to do is not make another blunder like firing James Gunn and we should be sitting pretty.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: September 28, 2018, 11:33:53 PM »
What makes you think it'll never be in US theatres?
Because Disney owns the X-men now and is going to integrate them into the MCU with a credits teaser in Avengers 4.

Pretty close to that, except i bet we don't see them till some time after the next big team up/event movie after A4.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: September 29, 2018, 12:54:40 AM »
True, but that wouldn't have a bearing in its release.  Since the movie is in its final stages it seems like a colossal waste to not release it now. 

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: September 29, 2018, 01:07:16 AM »
Also, Kathleen Kennedy has had her Lucasfilm contract extended for another 3 years.

https://screenrant.com/kathleen-kennedy-lucasfilm-contract-extension/

*sigh*

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: September 29, 2018, 02:08:25 AM »
True, but that wouldn't have a bearing in its release.  Since the movie is in its final stages it seems like a colossal waste to not release it now. 
my previous post was done quickly from my phone just before a movie in the theater started.... let me elaborate now that I'm home.

The movie is a disaster. Has had major reshoots for large parts of the movie. Has 0 (zero) hype, and is likely way over budget with no money left for marketing.
I feel at best this gets a limited release as it is probably contractually obligated to release, and Disney takes the write-down on it.
I wouldn't even be surprised if Disney strikes a deal with Netflix to buy it (and New Mutants.... which I believe may have even gotten a name change) for an extension of Marvel Netflix releases, granting them a new "mature" character/series to air. Just so Disney doesn't have to taint Hulu or The Vault with it's release.

of course that's all speculation, but a lot can happen in 9 months.
(Yes, 9 months, as the date was just pushed back again
https://deadline.com/2018/09/dark-phoenix-alita-battle-angel-deadpool-gambit-release-date-changes-1202473229/)
It'll see it's release day, I just don't think it will be in the theaters in the US.
Disney will likely have full assimilation of Fox by then, and therefore full control of their release schedule. Fox has to keep pretending like it's business as usual, and all projects in production are still planned for release, but I think we all see the writing on the wall with this one, and I didn't need to watch the trailer to know the **** they flung, did not stick.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 02:11:41 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: September 29, 2018, 02:15:01 AM »
Oh I have no doubt it'll be ordinary at best. 

It does open up a means of concluding the Fox X-Men series though.  Have Phoenix just kill everyone.  And the effort in doing so ends up killing her too.

Then Deadpool can pop up and proudly announce the end of that X-Men series.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: September 30, 2018, 01:18:43 AM »
Post credits teaser with Nick Fury showing up.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4137 on: October 01, 2018, 01:35:32 AM »
Oh I have no doubt it'll be ordinary at best. 

It does open up a means of concluding the Fox X-Men series though.  Have Phoenix just kill everyone.  And the effort in doing so ends up killing her too.

Then Deadpool can pop up and proudly announce the end of that X-Men series.

Post credits teaser with Nick Fury showing up.

I actually love this idea.  But Nick Fury has to be David Hasselhoff. 

But seriously, You have a Phoenix movie end with the X-men victories, and all of a sudden they heroes start disappearing from the snap.  Like the Snap wasn't just in one dimension but all dimensions.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: October 01, 2018, 02:23:18 AM »
If the "SNAP" is gonna start affecting movies from other studios....

it better take out that Hasselhof Fury, the X-Men, the DVD of Fant4stic on the shelf, Fox News Studio as a whole while it's broadcasting on the disappearing of things Live on TV, and then also Sony Pictures along with Avi Arad, all the Amazing Spider-man movies and Venom (along with the future SonyNotSpideyverse movies).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: October 01, 2018, 08:22:29 AM »
Never heard of this guy.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4140 on: October 01, 2018, 09:53:56 AM »
He's a supposed movie journalist. this tweet was deleted as it was 1 day early on the embargo.
We should see more critic comments flowing out after the movie premiere tonite. We'll see if they are consistent with this one.

and I don't know if it was mentioned here or not, but Venom supposedly has no Spider-man/Peter Parker cameo, no mentions or even a hints in the entire movie.

the guy above was also one to "confirm" the Spider-Man: FFH news I posted in the Marvel Thread.
*character/costume spoiler Mysterio will have his fishbowl helmet*

edit:
Tom Hardy may not be too pleased about Venom either....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGMRZMFXV_k

In an interview with ComicsExplained, Hardy admitted that all his favourite scenes had ended up on the cutting-room floor. When asked "What was your favourite scene to film?" he replied: "Things that aren’t in this movie."
[...]
The Taboo star continued: "There are like 30 to 40 minutes worth of scenes that aren’t in this movie... all of them. Mad puppeteering scenes, dark comedy scenes. You know what I mean? They just never made it in."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:04:53 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: October 02, 2018, 01:38:21 AM »
Apparently everyone but Tom Hardy thought it was a dark superhero movie aimed at an R rating....
Tom Hardy thought it was supposed to be a light hearted comedic Marvel flick

Unfortunately, the critics either didn't like it, or enjoyed it not for what it was supposed to be, but what it didn't know it accidentally became.

I knew it wasn't gonna be good... but I didn't think it would be bad enough to be worth watching afterall. LOL

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: October 02, 2018, 02:32:19 AM »

Tom Hardy thought it was supposed to be a light hearted comedic Marvel flick

Assuming this is correct I'm not actually surprised.  Tom has said several times a large part of this gig was because of his son.  A light hearted comedy seems more like a genre one would do for their young children as opposed to a brutal R rated action movie.  That said, the above quote "Mad puppeteering scenes, dark comedy scenes" seem a bit more adult rated than a light hearted comedy. 

Oh well, will be very interesting to see what the reviews say.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: October 02, 2018, 03:53:36 AM »
The reviews.... no actual reviews yet, but eh impressions liken this movie to Catwoman.... Daredevil.... Ang Lee Hulk.

Tom Hardy's performance is either Johnny Depp in the 1st Pirates movie or what's his name from Street Fighter. But either way is entertaining for how bad it is.

the majority of the ones I saw seem think it was pretty bad, with enough cheese factor to be enjoyable. calling it this years Fanst4stic.
calling it back to early 2000's superhero flicks... the bad ones.

Honestly, I had extremely low interest in this until the impressions told me just how bad it is. Now I may have to go in like I did Justice League, determined to laugh even if it's at the movie, and not with it. I left JL a happy camper, and it wasn't because I liked the movie, but because I enjoyed the hell out of it in ways they didn't intend. Venom sounds like it may deserve the same treatment.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: October 02, 2018, 03:23:25 PM »
Social embargo has lifted.  The results as expected are fairly meh.  Well done Sony.  You have once again shown how clueless you are with not only Spider-Man himself, but also exhibit complete inemptitude with other characters in his universe.

http://collider.com/venom-reviews/

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: October 02, 2018, 07:32:53 PM »
https://youtu.be/tg52up16eq0

Second Spider-Verse trailer.

This one is looking quite good.  I hope Miguel O'Hara makes an appearance.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4146 on: October 03, 2018, 07:46:01 AM »
What really makes me sad about the X-Men franchise is that it is one of the strongest Marvel Brands with some of the most recognizable, beloved, and marketable characters...they are adapting the most beloved stories into movies and yet STILL because of budget and script problems they are failing miserably.

In some ways Fox has been exhibiting Warner Bros level stupidity with their franchise.   They even were the first true comic movie franchise that COULD do an extended universe, but they blew it because they foxed too much on Xavier, Wolverine, Mystique, and Magneto.  Not every movie has to revisit that same old theme.  There is are really interesting thought experiments with mutants that could be had...but aren't.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: October 03, 2018, 10:54:41 AM »
Coming Soon(er or later)

Poster looks good. Hope the trailer follows suit.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: October 04, 2018, 11:58:14 AM »
Unless it was a victim of the EU Canon Purge then that is wrong as the Fetts were in fact Mandalorian. One of the later book plots was about how Boba Fett was actually in line for being the ruler of Mandalore and about why he left to become a bounty hunter.

But then again, people thought his survival of the Sarlaac was revoked from canon, but it was later confirmed that he survived.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast