Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216388 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: (Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3850 on: February 05, 2018, 02:55:48 AM »
Me too. Jurassic Park movies are my jam. I've seen them all in theatres and I'm seriously excited every time one comes out even if the final product may not be that great. There's just something about them that excites me. I guess because they're still the best source to see a bunch of dinosaur action. Not sure what to think about this trailer. It seems like there is a return to the island but after Jurassic World they talked about doing something different and having dinosaurs actually on land in contact with people and it looks like there may be some of that too. Creating a new dinosaur seems a bit derivative after doing it in Jurassic World. (Still didn't get the lesson after the engineered dino destroyed a perfectly working park?) But rather than have the created dinosaur be the main focus like Jurassic World did, this one looks to have a whole mix of dinosaur action and that's the part I'm excited about from this trailer. I hope a whole bunch of dino species get in on the action this time and, like a child smashing all his dino toys together in a big fight, the possibility exists from this trailer of the movie doing just that.

If I only see one movie at a theater this year (and that's not happening since I've already seen a bunch already in January) then Jurassic World 2 would be it and is my most anticipated movie of 2018. And so the waiting begins....
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: February 05, 2018, 08:45:23 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUmfriZoMw0

What a brilliant use of Kanye West's Runaway in this. I am hyped all over again.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:48:56 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: February 05, 2018, 09:05:02 PM »
Second JWFK trailer was much better than the first. I'm pretty sure they're doing the human-dinosaur hybrid thing they had planned from the last one.

Solo trailer dropped too - looks decent, though the teaser from last night actually looked better. The biggest problem is the dude looks and sounds absolutely nothing like Han Solo.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3853 on: February 06, 2018, 09:39:39 AM »
The Cloverfield Paradox dropped on Netflix after being announced during "The Big Game".  And critics were not kind. 17% RT, 37 MC.

Yikes.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: February 06, 2018, 11:38:55 AM »
The Cloverfield Paradox dropped on Netflix after being announced during "The Big Game".  And critics were not kind. 17% RT, 37 MC.

Yikes.

I tried to watch it twice... I couldn't tell you how far I made it in. probably not gonna try to finish.
and supposedly they already filmed the 4th movie as well.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3855 on: February 06, 2018, 11:44:56 AM »
Ryan Reynolds #Deadpool2

Take Your Passion. Make It Happen.

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/960875213545095168

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: February 06, 2018, 03:00:29 PM »
Solo - A Star Wars Story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

Looks interesting.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: February 10, 2018, 02:55:00 PM »
New Mister Rogers movie looks intense

"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: February 10, 2018, 03:33:44 PM »
For all of you playing along in the Superhero Box Office game, Black Panther is tracking for a $140M-$160M opening weekend, and that's still a week till release.

The last MCU movie to open in that range was GotG2 at $146.5M and ended at $863M WW

If BP continues to get the reviews and WOM that it has been getting, coupled with the fact that there aren't any big releases to slow it down over the next month or so, this really could get close to or even cross that $Billy mark

p.s. IM3 opened at $174M and ended up with $1.2B WW, so assuming similar legs to both GotG2 and IM3, if BP opens north of $150 or even over $160M... welcome to the promise land :)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: February 12, 2018, 08:47:17 PM »
Less than a week update:
Black Panther projected to set February Record for Opening Weekend at $165M
http://fortune.com/2018/02/12/marvel-black-panther-opening-weekend-box-office/

even with an over/under of $10M excellent news for Marvel, the MCU and most of all Black Panther.

p.s. Deadpool held the previous Feb. record w/ $152M
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/presidentsday.htm?page=PRESDAY&p=.htm

edit:
BP now projected to cross over $170M+ for the opening weekend....
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/963214143863083009
We getting into IM3 territory here guys.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 01:29:03 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: February 13, 2018, 03:54:02 AM »
Black Panther is officially out today here.  I will be seeing it on Friday - although i'm tempted to move it to tomorrow or Thursday.

EDIT: I moved it to Thursday. Now i dont have to see it in 3D (not that i pay for 3D movies....)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:08:03 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: February 14, 2018, 12:06:02 PM »
UNCLE DREW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ept29ceiVfk

starring:
Kyrie Irving, Lil Rel Howery, Shaquille O’Neal, Reggie Miller, Nate Robinson, Chris Webber, Erica Ash, Lisa Leslie, with Tiffany Haddish and Nick Kroll.

This looks like it might actually be good fun.
"Hold my nuts"
"That Sucker Punch was the first free throw you ever made."
LMAO

I'm in for this one.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: February 14, 2018, 03:27:46 PM »
Some Black Panther B.O. News from abroad:

Top 10 MCU opening days by admissions (ticket sales) in South Korea:

01) 729,213 - Captain America: Civil War
02) 624,714 - Black Panther
03) 622,165 - Avengers: Age Of Ultron
04) 545,304 - Spider-Man: Homecoming
05) 435,068 - Doctor Strange
06) 422,504 - Iron Man 3
07) 422,412 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2
08) 415,741 - Thor: Ragnarok
09) 248,798 - Iron Man 2
10) 214,105 - Marvel's The Avengers

Black Panther is Biggest Opening Day of 2018 in UK so far (also topping previous movies such as Deadpool and Thor Ragnarok from last year)
https://www.screendaily.com/news/black-panther-posts-biggest-opening-day-of-2018-at-uk-box-office/5126571.article
Black Panther stormed the UK box office on Tuesday (Feb 13), posting an opening day total of £2.67m from more than 550 sites.
The figure tops Fifty Shades Freed, which took £2.66m when it opened last Friday (Feb 9).
It also tops several recent superhero film UK opening days such as Thor: Ragnarok (£2.13m) and Deadpool (£2.3m).
The biggest ever official opening weekend for a Marvel film is Avengers: Age Of Ultron, which posted £18m including £3.6m in previews.

and just for fun, check you local theater(s) and see if there are any tickets left, especially for reserved seat showings.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: February 15, 2018, 05:04:36 AM »
Black Panther forecast jumps again, up to $180+M for 3day weekend.
http://pro.boxoffice.com/weekend-forecast-black-panther-marvel-shred-records-early-man-samson/

That won't beat IM3 in the regular Fri-Sun count, but it will blow away Deadpool for the February record of $152M over 4 days.

My local theater isn't totally sold out, but there are reports of theaters adding TONS of last minute show times to accommodate ticket sales.

Disney is sticking by their usually conservative $150M long weekend expectation.
most estimates seem to peg that as really low, and ultra conservative.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: February 15, 2018, 05:39:24 AM »
My friend saw Black Panther yesterday, and he has refused to say more until i see it today. All he has said is "the film is just black excellence".

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3865 on: February 15, 2018, 10:42:37 AM »
Not being able to see this until Saturday is going to kill me. :(

This is why I should just quit my job right now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: February 15, 2018, 12:37:37 PM »
Incredibles (Fantastic5) 2 - trailer #2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBpdL9hSac4

It looks good.
I have this as my #3 Superhero B.O. hit for the year....
animation looks great. the baby looks f'n crazy. and Samuel L Jackson is in 2 of my Top3 superhero movie picks of the year.

It was a close choice between this or Deadpool 2 though... release date of DP2 is partially what led me to chose i2 over it though.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:39:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: February 15, 2018, 05:23:54 PM »
Another Black Panther B.O. (pre-sale tickets) Update - Fandango #4 in pre-sales All Time

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/box-office-preview-black-panther-set-maul-deadpool-february-opening-record-1085057

The critically acclaimed movie currently boasts a stellar 98 percent score on Rotten Tomatoes, the best of any title in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (that could change by opening day), or the rival DC Extended Universe. On Thursday, ticketing service Fandango reported Black Panther is its No. 4 pre-seller of all time, only trailing recent Star Wars films The Force Awakens (2015), The Last Jedi (2017) and Rogue One (2016).

This could be BIG people..... could this be not only the largest Marvel solo, but the 1st into the $Billy club as well minus IM/RDJ?

edit:
Super Late edit, but DAMN!!!!
http://pro.boxoffice.com/weekend-forecast-black-panther-marvel-shred-records-early-man-samson-presidents-day/
Nevertheless, our target range has increased and expanded to the realm of $190M-$215M over the four-day weekend. As always, the margins for error dictate that a final gross slightly lower or higher than that range is within reason.
meter on overload.... we were looking for sub-space/atmospheric flight.... we accidentally landed on the moon.

I'm not gonna get my hopes on this last minute boost.... $180M is beyond fantastic and way beyond ANYONES expectation. To actually go beyond that, much less reach $215M would be phenomenal and all but guarantee IM3+ $$.

edit2:
Boxoffice Mojo on that $200M+ train too....O_o
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4370&p=.htm
Additionally, online ticket retailer Fandango.com reports Black Panther is the company's largest pre-seller among all superhero films, outselling Captain America: Civil War and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($166m opening). Even more to the point, Black Panther is the site's fourth largest pre-seller of all-time behind only Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

As a result, the sky would appear to be the limit when it comes to the film's opening weekend, and it's quite clear records will be broken. We're currently anticipating an anticipate a three-day opening around $185 million and using Deadpool's performance as a guide, a four-day around $210 million if not more. Obviously this results in a new February opening weekend record, new President's Day opening record and a top ten performance in categories including all-time opening weekend and opening theater average for a wide release.

p.s. $190M opening would be double Justice League's opening weekend.... :/
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:38:49 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: February 16, 2018, 01:31:55 AM »
I can't imagine there is *anyone* on the fence about BP (I assume you either want to see it or are refusing for some crazy reason...) - but if you are - go see it.  Worth it.  And looks amazing in IMAX.  Not Ragnarok amazing, but still awesome.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3869 on: February 16, 2018, 10:01:40 AM »
I'm still 34 hours from seeing it, and it feels like torture.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3870 on: February 16, 2018, 10:46:42 AM »
It's Friday!!! people I know have already seen it and said it was AWESOME!!!
But for me, today, do you know that time it is!!?

In less than 12 hours. That's what time it is!!!
(p.s. Not my theater, just my #mood)

edit: Box Office Watch (for all those playing along) - BP hits HUGE $25.2M in Thursday previews*
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/weekend-box-office-black-panther-leaps-huge-252m-thursday-previews-1085462
$200M+ 4 Day weekend likely. Hope BP was 1 of your Top 2 of 3 choices, otherwise I think you may have already lost  ;D

*for Context, only other MCU preview that has been higher was Age of Ultron.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:43:54 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: February 16, 2018, 05:26:12 PM »
I had IW, BP, and Deadpool 2, but I'm beginning to think I should have swapped Deadpool over to Ant-Man.  That preview had the audience laughing during BP and I think there will be a lot of renewed interest in all things Marvel following BP and IW.  Also, I think some folks are getting really worn out on the '#itsallconnected' thing but BP does an *amazing* job of telling a story that weaves into the greater MCU without making it feel like you have no idea what's going on if you haven't invested several days marathoning all things Marvel prior to watching the movie.

If they can keep that up, I think they'they'll keep a lot of casuals interested who were losing interest.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: February 16, 2018, 08:54:43 PM »
I'm off to watch in just under 2hrs.

But in the Poll I personally had
1) Avengers IW
2) Black Panther
3) Incredibles 2 (...barely over Deadpool2)

I wasn't sure on Ant-Man, even though I thought the trailer looked damn good for an action/comedy. Probably in a #5 slot just above #6 Aquaman

I'm super excited for this, and already know of more than a few people that don't even care for Marvel movies (or movies in the theater) are Turnt Up for this movie with tickets already bought at least a week or so ago.

I'm really hoping the good WOM continues and the DCstans negative user review campaign on RT ultimately don't matter (it won't) and the legs on this one are loooooong enough to last through March and into April.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: February 17, 2018, 03:44:32 AM »
Another Black Panther update (why? because I said so... that's why!)
http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-thursday-night-preview-box-office-1202291093/

Looking at $185M+ for the 3day, $212.5M+ for the 4day

records looking to be reset using vibranium ore. Quieting the haters. Storing their kinetic hate and sending it right back to them.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: February 17, 2018, 09:36:25 PM »
You guys ain't gonna believe this, but Black Panther is now projecting $200M+ for the 3 day, and who knows how much on the 4th day....
All I know is that JL's entire domestic run was only $228M :/