Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216484 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3025 on: November 08, 2014, 01:08:47 AM »
I don't know about doing Two Face without Batman.  His partnership with Batman and Dent's friendship with Bruce are pretty important parts of the character's development, making him a tragic character and not just another nutcase with a vendetta.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

« Reply #3026 on: November 08, 2014, 10:29:01 AM »
Batman doesn't create Two Face.  The mob does.  Harvey is a DA that partners with Batman and Commissioner Gordon to take out the mob no matter the cost.  He has perfect evidence goes to trial and the mob attack him in the court.  His "witness" betrays him on the stand...and everyone gets away with it.  Harvey Dent is scarred for life.  He realizes that justice is a joke when everybody can be bought, and he slowly goes insane.  In many, versions this darkness was always a part of him but suppressed. 

This story can easily be told without Batman.  You can also, show Harvey Dent struggling with justice and his dark side for years.  I really enjoyed the Dark Knight version of him...where he made his own luck with a 2 headed coin.  It showed he already had an idea to cheat, but did it for justice.

and? Without Batman Harvey Dent wasn't going after the mob, so Batman still creates him, anyways without Batman on the scene Harvey doesn't turn two face so I didn't explain the details we ALL already know the FACT remains no Batman, no 2 Face. I never said you can't have Hervey Dent all I said was without Batman there isn's a 2 FACE, which is a fact damn. They can allude to it I never said they couldn't so what the hell is your reason for being so argumentative?
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: November 10, 2014, 01:29:55 AM »
[Suicide Squad] Margot Robbie to play Harley Quinn
http://collider.com/harley-quinn-suicide-squad-movie-margot-robbie/

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3028 on: November 10, 2014, 08:00:33 AM »
Batman doesn't create Two Face.  The mob does.  Harvey is a DA that partners with Batman and Commissioner Gordon to take out the mob no matter the cost.  He has perfect evidence goes to trial and the mob attack him in the court.  His "witness" betrays him on the stand...and everyone gets away with it.  Harvey Dent is scarred for life.  He realizes that justice is a joke when everybody can be bought, and he slowly goes insane.  In many, versions this darkness was always a part of him but suppressed. 

This story can easily be told without Batman.  You can also, show Harvey Dent struggling with justice and his dark side for years.  I really enjoyed the Dark Knight version of him...where he made his own luck with a 2 headed coin.  It showed he already had an idea to cheat, but did it for justice.

and? Without Batman Harvey Dent wasn't going after the mob, so Batman still creates him, anyways without Batman on the scene Harvey doesn't turn two face so I didn't explain the details we ALL already know the FACT remains no Batman, no 2 Face. I never said you can't have Hervey Dent all I said was without Batman there isn's a 2 FACE, which is a fact damn. They can allude to it I never said they couldn't so what the hell is your reason for being so argumentative?

Again.  No.  Harvey Dent was always going after the mob.  He was not invited into the trio (Gordan-Bat-Dent) because they thought he might do it.  He was already sticking his neck out and standing up to the mob.  That's actually the best most interesting part of the character is his past before he becomes Two-Face.  It is why I can see Gotham using Harvey Dent as a great character.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: November 10, 2014, 09:48:00 PM »
I know everyone is excited about the new Fantastic Four movie, so here is some details on Dr. Doom (which vaguely match what I recall from a leaked plot/character synopsis a while back)

KEBBELL: He’s Victor Domashev, not Victor Von Doom in our story. And I’m sure I’ll be sent to jail for telling you that. The Doom in ours—I’m a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I’m “Doom”.
http://collider.com/doctor-doom-new-origin-fantastic-four-movie/

It's gonna be FANTASTIC!!!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3030 on: November 10, 2014, 10:22:55 PM »
I know everyone is excited about the new Fantastic Four movie, so here is some details on Dr. Doom (which vaguely match what I recall from a leaked plot/character synopsis a while back)

KEBBELL: He’s Victor Domashev, not Victor Von Doom in our story. And I’m sure I’ll be sent to jail for telling you that. The Doom in ours—I’m a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I’m “Doom”.
http://collider.com/doctor-doom-new-origin-fantastic-four-movie/

It's gonna be CRAPTASTIC!!!

There fixed it for you.

I have no faith in this film.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: November 10, 2014, 10:32:41 PM »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3032 on: November 10, 2014, 11:13:34 PM »
If somebody starts now and spends 3 hours on it.  It will have more time spent on the script pre-production than the actual movie.  ZING!!!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: November 13, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »
[The Flash] - Crossover Event part 1 synopsis
Barry(Grant Gustin) is thrilled when Oliver (guest star Stephen Amell), Felicity (guest star Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (guest star David Ramsey) come to Central City to investigate a case involving a deadly boomerang. Excited about teaming up with his friend, Barry asks Oliver if he’d like to help him stop Ray Bivolo (guest star Patrick Sabongui), the meta-human Barry is currently tracking. Bivolo causes people to lose control of their emotions and has been using that skill to robbanks. Unfortunately, the superhero partnership doesn’t go as smoothly as Barry expected. When Oliver tells Barry he still has a lot to learn, Barry sets out to prove him wrong by attempting to stopBivolo alone. However, when Bivolo infects Barry and sets him on a rage rampage, everyone is in danger, and the only one who can stop him is the Arrow. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) is furious when Eddie (Rick Cosnett) tries to get a task force to stop The Flash, Joe and Dr. Wells(Tom Cavanagh) agree the Arrow is a bad influence on Barry, and Caitlin and Cisco deal with a newteam in S.T.A.R. Labs.

[Arrow]- Crossover Event part 2 synopsis
"The Brave and The Bold"
Oliver (Stephen Amell), Arsenal (Colton Haynes) and Diggle (David Ramsey) track down the location of a boomerang-wielding killer named Digger Harkness (guest star) but are surprised when they come face to face with an A.R.G.U.S. team. Diggle asks Lyla (guest star) why A.R.G.U.S. is involved but she defers until Harkness attacks the building, killing several agents and targeting Lyla. The Arrow joins the fight and gets help from an old friend – The Flash (guest star Grant Gustin). Harkness manages to get away and Oliver teams up with Barry again to find him before he can get to Lyla. When Harkness plants five bombs in the city that are timed to explode at the same time, both teams must come together to save the city. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg, and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Grainne Godfree Schwartz (#308). Original airdate 12/3/2014.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: November 13, 2014, 11:26:33 PM »
Aw.  I was hoping for a two-hour two-part episode.

Also, why does Roy get a cool costume, but the black man gets stuck with a ski mask?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: November 13, 2014, 11:30:42 PM »
At least it isn't a Kato mask

and even better that it doesn't include a drivers hat.

....actually, now that I think about it, that would be an awesome costume for him.

someone photoshop a drivers hat on The Black Driver.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: November 14, 2014, 09:41:53 AM »
I'm sorry, if you are going to call and episode "The Brave and The Bold" then it needs to channel Batman: The Brave and the Bold. In particular the Music Meister episode. (I put a Youtube in but I have no sound here so I can't pick the right one)

Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: November 14, 2014, 02:24:54 PM »
I'm sorry, if you are going to call and episode "The Brave and The Bold" then it needs to channel Batman: The Brave and the Bold. In particular the Music Meister episode. (I put a Youtube in but I have no sound here so I can't pick the right one)

Brave and the Bold was th name of a DC Comics Team Up book that paired different characters together, so the title makes sense. The Batman series was called Brave and the Bold becuase the Ot series was Batman team up before expanding out. and the fact that alot of the Brave and The Bold took alot from the Silver Age era of comics.

Plus Arrow is far two serious to do it, see how Ranbow rider is a emotion controller now.

Its unfortunate that they're two serpeate episodes instead of a really larger two parter.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: November 14, 2014, 03:01:10 PM »
I'm not surprised but, Arrow could really use a light episode.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: November 14, 2014, 03:49:44 PM »
We should probably get some more light hearted fun episodes later this season, but it seems like the showrunners want Arrow to be the depressing batman to Flash's superman so to speak.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: November 14, 2014, 05:44:19 PM »
"Depressing Batman".  Wow.  That's bad. ;)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: November 15, 2014, 03:23:05 AM »
Jonathan Nolan (Interstellar, etc.) is working on an adaptation of Isaac Asimov's Foundation trilogy as an HBO series.

This is simultaneously something I've been saying someone should try for years and something that if not done exactly right could be completely terrible. These books would be my pick for the best sci-fi of all time, but have been called unfilmable, for largely legitimate reasons. There's basically no action, most of the characters aren't especially interesting on their own, many of the problems are solved by literally sitting back and doing nothing.

This is the kind of thing that probably wouldn't work anywhere but HBO, and require really high level writing talent to not be a mess, and it looks like it might get both of those. I am incredibly hopeful, and yet incredibly pessimistic.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: November 15, 2014, 12:28:12 PM »
http://deadline.com/2014/06/darren-aronofsky-maddaddam-book-trilogy-as-hbo-series-740285/

So Nolan is doing an HBO series as well? First Aronofsky, now Nolan. Nicely done HBO.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3043 on: November 16, 2014, 08:58:05 AM »
Has anyone been following season 3 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?  The series has taken an interesting turn for the first 5 episodes.  Focusing on the Turtles away from New York and healing Leonardo back.  They have basically spent 5 episodes so far showing that the battle for New York last season had real consequences.  The relationships and change in dynamic is great, and Ralph is growing and becoming a leader himself.  I am sure this will set up to another Ralph verse Leo battle in the future. 

The other thing is they have been playing with pop culture references particularly horror movies and the show has this strange blend of dark humor with children's show action.  There really isn't anything quite like it on television, and it is fun to see the creators taking their time with the story. 

I am sure we will soon be moving back to New York.  I am going to guess 2 more episodes, but as of right now, I have enjoyed this break. 

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: November 16, 2014, 02:20:25 PM »
Has anyone been following season 3 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?  The series has taken an interesting turn for the first 5 episodes.

I just can't watch Ninja Turtles in the same way again...

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #3045 on: November 16, 2014, 07:46:21 PM »
Has anyone been following season 3 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?  The series has taken an interesting turn for the first 5 episodes.  Focusing on the Turtles away from New York and healing Leonardo back.  They have basically spent 5 episodes so far showing that the battle for New York last season had real consequences.  The relationships and change in dynamic is great, and Ralph is growing and becoming a leader himself.  I am sure this will set up to another Ralph verse Leo battle in the future. 

The other thing is they have been playing with pop culture references particularly horror movies and the show has this strange blend of dark humor with children's show action.  There really isn't anything quite like it on television, and it is fun to see the creators taking their time with the story. 

I am sure we will soon be moving back to New York.  I am going to guess 2 more episodes, but as of right now, I have enjoyed this break. 

Replacing Jason Biggs with Seth Green made my stomach turn. Seth Green isn't capable of sounding like anybody other than Seth Green. He doesn't even try. But the Northampton episodes have been interesting, but kind of hit or miss. The episode with Bigfoot just made me want to cry, it was so terrible, but the April's mom episode was great.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3046 on: November 16, 2014, 11:01:55 PM »
See I really like the Bigfoot Episode because it was so strange.  I think that is what I like about these episodes is they getting so abstractly weird.  I would love to see what they are spoofing all the time.

I agree Seth Green is a horrible Leo.  I just wish the original actor didn't get himself in trouble.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: November 17, 2014, 03:30:26 PM »
Star Wars Rebels has been really good, but I fear for the pacing of the upcoming episodes. So far we know that the series will be 16 episodes in the first season so the break down seems to be.

the pre-releases shorts - one episode
spark of rebellion- two episodes
rest of the series is 13.

Now having thirteen episodes isn't a bad thing, but only being Half an hour really hurts some of the pacing problems, especially when two of the already released seven are arguably filler.

Now with that said tonight's episode Empire Day was actually really well done, though. Will be intresting to see if the speculation is true for upcoming plot points. Ezra's dad is Rex from the Clone War, and Fulcrum is Ashoka Tano also of Clone Wars
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:32:24 PM by shingi_70 »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: November 17, 2014, 05:46:52 PM »
HBO has greenlighted the Westworld reboot to series.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/17/7236639/hbo-sci-fi-western-westworld-is-coming-next-year-with-anthony-hopkins

Given Jonathan Nolan's work with POI, this will definitely be worth watching.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3049 on: November 17, 2014, 06:49:40 PM »
I dunno the series has been good, but that last episode was awful.  And I am really tired of the droid, alien, and boy fighting shtick.  It adds nothing to the show.