Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216404 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2975 on: October 23, 2014, 10:58:56 PM »
Can I just say that Gotham has bumped Arrow down to my least anticipated comic show of the week.

Current ranking are:
- Agents of SHIELD: This show has seriously turned around. It's everything it was expected of the first season right now (minus main avenger cameos). It's almost like a whole new show now. If you're on the fence about giving it a second shot, you should. If you'd like to catch up from the 1st season, but don't actually want to sit through the whole thing, some people have come up with recommended viewing so you can just watch what's important. Let me know, I'll find and post it for you.

- The Flash: A fun superhero show, with surprisingly good effects. I think it would be even better if I was really familiar with DC and The Flash comics, but it's off to a really good start. Crazy villiains have already happened, and they have barely just got started. Arrow doesn't stand a chance in a crossover. he would be almost no help in the world of The Flash. His own spin-off basically made him obsolete. Now if only Barry would learn to fight.....

- Gotham: Wasn't sure I was gonna like this show, but after they shove that it's Batman w/o Batman down your throat in the first episode, the some of the characters start to grow on you... like Jada as Fish Mooney, Penguin, Bullock, Bruce... yes Bruce, Alfred, and even Gordon a little. Could tone down the catiness of teenSelina and the Ivy thing was just... too much. Nigma could also be a little more subtle, but subtle is not really what they are aiming for here.

- Arrow: The CWness of this is just too much sometimes. Amell is terrible with expressions, and the fact that you just have to overlook so many stupid things repeatedly (like the fact that people don't recognize Ollie as The Arrow even though his face is pretty damn visible) doesn't make me not want to watch the show, because I still enjoy it... just not as much as I'm enjoying all the freshness of all the other shows listed before it.

« Reply #2976 on: October 23, 2014, 11:33:30 PM »
I am not so sure it matters with Flash how closely they follow the comics since he has been rebooted so many times pretty much anything they do is more true to the comics than even the current comics are.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: October 24, 2014, 09:37:59 AM »
I finished watching the 2 Episodes of Flash available online last night.  After seeing Barry in Season 2 of Arrow and seeing him in Flash I have real mixed feelings.  Flash ditched all the framework they laid down in Arrow.  Barry himself feels a bit different than he did as well.  Poor Felicity, she spent a ton of time with him when he was in the Coma and no one even mentions.  You think Cisco or Black Cop Father would have said something?  What about Black Sister?  What sibling type relationship wouldn't rib on that?

For Barry I actually don't like that unattainable love angle.  What would be so wrong with them just having a sibling relationship?

Also why do they use Yellow lighting for the transitions?  Should be Red.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: October 24, 2014, 06:01:58 PM »
Since Hydra leaked the AoU teaser trailer 1 week early (Hail Hydra) forcing Marvel to release the official Trailer themselves (setting a new 24hr view record), Marvel decided to give AoS viewers another special look at AoU instead (gotta get that ratings bump still).
and then even more special look the week after that during the 75th Anniversary Special.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/23529/the_avengers_shatter_another_record
And because we believe that the best way to say thanks is to give you more, we're delivering new Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" action to your TV sets, two weeks in a row! Tune in to "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." this Tuesday, October 28 at 9:00 p.m. ET on ABC to see an exclusive piece from Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron." Then, on Tuesday, November 4 at 9:00 p.m. ET on ABC, tune into "Marvel 75 Years: From Pulp to Pop!" for another taste of Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron"--and much more!

Maybe they will release the SDCC AoU footage instead. The one with the Cap and Mjolnir footage.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: October 26, 2014, 02:34:50 PM »
Looks like the creator of The Tick is on the writing staff of Gotham.
His episode is up this week. Glowing review incoming.

http://io9.com/heads-up-the-next-gotham-was-written-by-the-tick-creat-1650531161
When Ben Edlund joined the writing staff of the Batman prequel show Gotham some months ago, it was an encouraging sign. Besides creating The Tick, Edlund wrote some of the best Firefly, Angel and Supernatural episodes. And his first credited Gotham script is also excellent.

In fact, "Spirit of the Goat" is not just a terrific episode, it retroactively makes everything that's come before better by association. We caught an early screener of the episode the other day, and we're happy to report that it's a classic piece of Edlund-style weirdery. With so many great quotable lines and funny bits, the GIFs will basically create themselves.

it retroactively improves all the episodes that came before it.... it must do something amazing in this episode.

https://twitter.com/hercAICN
Next week's Fish-free #Gotham, penned by #Tick mastermind Ben Edlund, is easily the series' best episode since its pilot!

but Fish Mooney is one of my favorites so far. :(
But as long a her lackey gets more screen time, I won't be mad.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: October 27, 2014, 04:03:21 AM »
but Fish Mooney is one of my favorites so far. :(
But as long a her lackey gets more screen time, I won't be mad.

I love Jada but whoever is dressing and styling her to look that way, combined with this "rage scenery-chewing" thing she does with that character, it gets annoying real fast.

The only character they've nailed is Penguin - he has the look, the feel, the dress and the speech down perfectly.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: October 27, 2014, 10:43:21 AM »
Well you can't really nail fish Mooney since she's a new character. Personally I love her dressing and styling its a really nice medium between super criminal and more normal couture. Hair and nails aside I lot of the clothes she's wearing look like they're coming off of a runway when most of that stuff is just for concept and art.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: October 27, 2014, 12:42:10 PM »
Tonites episode of Gotham is up on HULU
http://www.hulu.com/watch/705162

watch it before they take it down, then you have to wait till tonite or tomorrow.

edit: Some BvS news

2 Batmobiles + 2 Bat suits
both shoot missles and 1 has Kryptonite

discuss.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:57:59 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: October 27, 2014, 01:15:51 PM »
sneak peak at tomorrow's AoS
http://www.eonline.com/news/591820/agent-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-hydra-makes-its-dirtiest-move-yet-in-this-sneak-peek

and remember that Marvel will be showing a new scene/clip/trailer for Age of Ultron sometime during or attached to tomorrow nights episode. Yes, it will be different than the trailer released last week.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: October 27, 2014, 05:20:29 PM »

edit: Some BvS news

2 Batmobiles + 2 Bat suits
both shoot missles and 1 has Kryptonite

discuss.

Probably means Batman loses his first fight against Superman so then he revamps and retakes him with a better equipped suit and vehicle.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: October 27, 2014, 05:44:55 PM »
but from where did the Special K come from?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: October 27, 2014, 05:51:35 PM »
There's a variety of sources. It could have come from the wreckage of a Kryptonite ship from MoS, it could have been created on Earth during the terraforming process to make Earth into Krypton, it could come from space as the remnants of Krypton come by our planet in a hail of meteors or they could make something else up to find or discover it. Heck, Luthor's role is probably discovering it as an homage / lazy rip-off of the original Superman movie.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: October 30, 2014, 03:32:03 PM »
WB/DC taking a shot at Marvel? or just a coincidence of combining characters?
Supergirl to air on CBS - character named Kara Danvers
http://tvline.com/2014/10/30/supergirl-tv-show-cbs-casting/

Casting is now underway — courtesy of the same folks who populated Arrow and The Flash — for CBS’ Supergirl series, and TVLine has details on exactly what (and who) the DC Comics-based drama is looking for in two of its lead roles.

For Kara Zor-El aka Kara Danvers, the show is eyeing Caucasian females, age 22 to 26, to play 24. As the series’ mythology goes, Kara at age 12 was sent from her dying home planet of Krypton to Earth, where she was taken in by the Danvers, a foster family who taught her to be careful with her extraordinary powers. After repressing said skills for more than a decade, Kara is forced to bust out her super moves in public during an unexpected disaster. Energized by her heroism for the first time in her life, she begins embracing her abilities in the name of helping the people of her city, earning herself a super moniker along the way.

Kara Zor-El and Linda Danvers (so I've been told) combined to create Kara Danvers.
But Kara Danvers sounds an awful lot like Carol Danvers....

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: October 30, 2014, 04:19:32 PM »
That means in this series Clark (Superman) would be around 12 years old.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: October 30, 2014, 04:47:28 PM »

I've actually heard a rumor (I think) that Superman might not actually exist in this continuity, as this might link up with Arrow/Flash, and Kara would essentially be Superman in this TVverse.

and it's also possible that the TNT bound Teen Titans may also connect to the Arrow TVverse as well.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: October 30, 2014, 04:55:13 PM »
Rumor: Wonder Woman solo films could combine the ideas of Thor and Captain America.
Daughter of Zues from Themiscyra, man visits island in midst of Amazonian Civil War, WW leaves with him, time period of man's world is the 1920's, sequel to take place during WWII.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/30/the-first-wonder-woman-movie-to-be-set-in-the-1920s-and-its-sequel-during-world-war-ii/

So you get your fantasy mythological setting, and your period piece super powered movie.Best of both worlds.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: October 30, 2014, 10:48:58 PM »
So basically the actual Wonder Woman origin...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: October 31, 2014, 12:10:53 AM »
I guess no one expected it to lead to a period piece... or that they would go with Greek Mythology (Gods of Old).

Or they could have gone with the sculpted from clay origin I guess...
But I think the majority of people expected her to be from modern times, and not ageless from the pages of history like Captain America and other worldy (fantasy/mythology) like Thor.

So I guess DC ain't afraid to stick to the material afterall. Assuming this turns out true... and good.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: October 31, 2014, 12:24:40 AM »
Very solid episodes of Gotham, Flash and Arrow this week. Probably the best of this 2014/2015 season from each of them so far.

Gotham Best written episode so far, focused on Bullock the best character, Bullock. He gets to do some clever detective work and shoot a woman in the foot!

Flash Captain Cold was actually a cool villian (ho ho!) Wentworth miller played him perfectly. Good heavens, Felicity!

Arrow Daughter of the Demon is back, Laurel is angry, Roy is doing some flipping and Malcom Meryln is back in town and being awesome. Also, Past Ollie stabs a stranger in the heart like a psychpath

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: October 31, 2014, 01:06:02 AM »

Obviously, can't say about this particular version - but one of the comic origins has Supergirl being older than Superman, however, her ship takes longer to make it to Earth (for whatever reason).  The ships keep the occupant in status, so while Superman may be younger, he arrives on Earth several years ahead of Kara, ages, then his cousin lands.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: October 31, 2014, 01:11:31 AM »
Very solid episodes of Gotham, Flash and Arrow this week. Probably the best of this 2014/2015 season from each of them so far.

Gotham Best written episode so far, focused on Bullock the best character, Bullock. He gets to do some clever detective work and shoot a woman in the foot!

Written by the creator of The Tick. It was his first written episode of the show, so that shows some promise going forward.

Flash Captain Cold was actually a cool villian (ho ho!) Wentworth miller played him perfectly. Good heavens, Felicity!

That dress... with them shoes. Oh Barry... smh I think they'll have a "quickie" every now and then. He'll be in 'n out, before she even realized he was there though. ;)

Arrow Daughter of the Demon is back, Laurel is angry, Roy is doing some flipping and Malcom Meryln is back in town and being awesome. Also, Past Ollie stabs a stranger in the heart like a psychpath

Katrina Law is fucking hot, she needs to be on the show more often. With that accent... like the CW's Kate Bekinsale. and Merlyn... that guy, just out classing everyone, including the LoA. Swag like no other on that one there. and I assume you listed the shows in order of airing... or the order that you watched and not the order that you liked them best?
I might switch Flash and Gotham, but Arrow stays where it's at. Amell really needs to up his acting game. We are on season 3, the improvements have stagnated.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: October 31, 2014, 04:13:16 AM »
It's really REALLY hard to take Merlyn seriously because before he was Merlyn, he was Captain Jack Harkness and it's hard to take an evil archer seriously when only a few years back he would kiss or sleep with literally anything or anyone that walked

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: October 31, 2014, 09:11:06 AM »
It's really REALLY hard to take Merlyn seriously because before he was Merlyn, he was Captain Jack Harkness and it's hard to take an evil archer seriously when only a few years back he would kiss or sleep with literally anything or anyone that walked
Hey now, don't sell him short.  They didn't have to be able to walk.

Who Alumnis Represent.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: October 31, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
I think in the first 7 episodes, The Flash will have more comic villians/characters than The Arrow does so far...
http://www.tvguide.com/News/The-Flash-First-Look-Plastique-1088591.aspx

spoilered just incase you don't want to know:
Barry/The Flash
Cisco/Vibe
Kaitlin/Killer Frost
Capt. Cold
Heatwave
Firestorm
Star Lab Professor/Zoom(?)
Buddy Cop/Reverse Flash(?)
Gorilla Grodd
Capt. Boomerang

and I know I'm missing a few as I'm not that familiar with the Flash rogue gallery, and I'm pulling this from memory.

and here is a look at Felicity in last weeks ep:

oh, and did anyone else that watched The Flash and then Arrow recognize that they reused the same coffee shop in both shows under different names?

The same Coffee shop where Barry's sister works was the same coffee shop that Ollie met Thea in.
they just changed the position of the tables and the name on the sign. I hope they get lazy like that too often. It was really obvious, they could have changed more than just the sign to make it appear different.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 05:06:16 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: October 31, 2014, 04:56:41 PM »
Has Felicity been working out?  Her arms seem to be a bit more solid than before.  Maybe that's just me :P