Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216375 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2950 on: October 16, 2014, 09:29:50 PM »
Honestly, it is not a big deal.  Nobody is really looking and paying attention to this announcement, and nobody will truly care one way or another.  So then why announce it...I dunno honestly, probably because Warner Bros movies wants to take some attention off of the big news of Captain America 3.

Warner Bros management has been pretty stupid for several years.  They don't look at their products and IPs as a whole and instead look at each division as independent.  DC comics, Television, Animation, and Movies...are all kinda run separate of each other, and they don't work well together.  If they would get over themselves and realize they NEED to work well together, and stop this old mind set in media about Television vs. Movies and whatnot maybe they could actually make great movies and television.  The only problem is the movie management would screw it up. 

At least the Television side gets it.  The Arrow and The Flash are going to be successful.  Gotham not so much, and anything else brewing...I don't think so.  However, if they can successfully get the Arrow and The Flash moving forward for a few seasons, and spin them off into a Justice Society show, or a Young Justice Show, then They can introduce new shows about other characters every 3 years or so and keep popularizing DC characters into the mainstream.  Even the CW gets it...with allowing for shows that perform with lower ratings to complete their seasons and continue. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: October 16, 2014, 09:42:32 PM »
Suicide Squad Movie news:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ryan-gosling-courted-for-dr-strange-suicide-squad-which-also-wants-will-smith-tom-hardy-margot-robbie-20141015

basically Ryan Gosling is not only being talked to by Marvel for "Dr. Strange", but also being courted for Suicide Squad movie directed by David Ayer. They are also talking to Will Smith, Tom Hardy and Margot Robbie

Supposedly Will Smith and Tom Hardy are close to signing on too:
http://deadline.com/2014/10/will-smith-tom-hardy-eyeing-suicide-squad-at-warner-bros-853364/

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: October 16, 2014, 09:46:59 PM »
Honestly, it is not a big deal.  Nobody is really looking and paying attention to this announcement, and nobody will truly care one way or another.  So then why announce it...I dunno honestly, probably because Warner Bros movies wants to take some attention off of the big news of Captain America 3.

Warner Bros management has been pretty stupid for several years.  They don't look at their products and IPs as a whole and instead look at each division as independent.  DC comics, Television, Animation, and Movies...are all kinda run separate of each other, and they don't work well together.  If they would get over themselves and realize they NEED to work well together, and stop this old mind set in media about Television vs. Movies and whatnot maybe they could actually make great movies and television.  The only problem is the movie management would screw it up. 

At least the Television side gets it.  The Arrow and The Flash are going to be successful.  Gotham not so much, and anything else brewing...I don't think so.  However, if they can successfully get the Arrow and The Flash moving forward for a few seasons, and spin them off into a Justice Society show, or a Young Justice Show, then They can introduce new shows about other characters every 3 years or so and keep popularizing DC characters into the mainstream.  Even the CW gets it...with allowing for shows that perform with lower ratings to complete their seasons and continue.

Gotham has been doing pretty well for itself, getting a full season order and pretty good ratings.

As for keeping everything separate it all works because it all helps the brand of the character over all. Plus one big difference in the comics is that DC always had the multiversr,while Marvel has always mostly been 616.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2953 on: October 16, 2014, 11:40:29 PM »
Also, DC has always been about giving each city a Hero.  While Marvel tends to have them all in New York...which means they should crossover more often.  I think Gotham will have a good season, and I hope they learn to move away from Bruce and more about the police force...which I think they will. 

But some of the other DC stuff may not last Izombie, Constantine I do not see being successful, but I hope I am wrong.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: October 17, 2014, 11:33:40 AM »
Apparently Robin is in BvS and is a female played by Jenna Malone
minor spoiler in link

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: October 17, 2014, 07:03:52 PM »
Geoff Johns talks upcoming characters (including Gorilla Grodd) in The Flash (CW)
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=109458

The Flash has been a huge hit for The CW, and after record breaking ratings for the premiere, the second episode showed no signs of showing down. One of the best parts about the series is the fact that it feels so similar to the comic books, and this was something Geoff Johns believes its success can in part be attributed to. "I felt like "Smallville" had shied away from the comic book stuff a little bit, but then as the seasons went on, obviously it got to that place," he told the site about how The Flash differs to other comic book TV shows. "With "Arrow" it was more grounded, but it got to that place with Deathstroke, and it felt like it was the next step of comic book television shows. When we were doing "Flash," it was like, "You know what, he's going to have a red costume, he's going to be called 'The Flash,' the world's going to know about him, we're going to do the Rogues, we're going to do Grodd." There were pictures that were leaked online of Reverse-Flash. People were like, "Oh, it's so soon!" Well, yeah, because this is our chance to do a "Flash" TV show. And if this is our chance to do a "Flash" TV show, we're going to put everything we can into it. And I don't mean shoving characters in there, but embracing what it is."

So if you liked The Flash so far, then it sounds like it's gonna get even crazier sooner rather than later.
Wonder how they are gonna keep Arrow relevant in a world where The Flash exist. They better start "tricking out" those arrows.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 07:07:26 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2956 on: October 19, 2014, 12:21:20 AM »
Apparently Robin is in BvS and is a female played by Jenna Malone
minor spoiler in link

So, they're going all out on this Dark Knight Returns thing. . .
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: October 19, 2014, 02:08:45 AM »
The Flash: Heatwave and Captain Cold
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0PVbuiCcAEl35U.jpg

image from the next episode I believe.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: October 19, 2014, 04:21:35 AM »
Get some Clock King and Count Vertigo in there, and baby, we got a Prison Break stew-I mean-reunion goin!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: October 19, 2014, 12:21:36 PM »
The Flash: Heatwave and Captain Cold
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0PVbuiCcAEl35U.jpg

image from the next episode I believe.
Get some Clock King and Count Vertigo in there, and baby, we got a Prison Break stew-I mean-reunion goin!

They need to find cameos for Sucre and Mahone while they're at it.

Still waiting for them to find a role for Gannicus (Spartacus) as they seem so fond of of that show as well.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: October 20, 2014, 09:37:10 AM »
Isn't Count Vertigo Dead.  I'm fairly sure he got a couple arrows to the heart in Season 2 of Arrow.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: October 20, 2014, 11:18:19 AM »
Isn't Count Vertigo Dead.  I'm fairly sure he got a couple arrows to the heart in Season 2 of Arrow.

I guess you haven't watched S3 yet. He has been replaced with a Prison Break Vet as the new Count Vertigo w/ a new and improved version of the drug.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: October 20, 2014, 11:47:29 AM »

I guess you haven't watched S3 yet. He has been replaced with a Prison Break Vet as the new Count Vertigo w/ a new and improved version of the drug.
That's lame.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: October 20, 2014, 12:52:22 PM »

That's lame.

The last Vertigo was over the top like a poor mans Joker, this new and improved Vertigo is more like Scarecrow.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: October 20, 2014, 07:51:55 PM »
The Mike Tyson Mysteries: 1st episode, courtesy of Mike Tyson
https://twitter.com/miketyson/status/524227903937339393

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: October 21, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
Looks like James Wan (Saw, The Conjuring, F&F6/7) may be directing The Rock in Shazam.
http://www.movies.com/movie-news/james-wan-dc-comics-movie-conjuring-2/17031?wssac=164&wssaffid=news&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
James will make an important movie for New Line and Warner Bros or DC, and that is definitely part of the plan, and a reason for bringing him into the family. He’s the only overall director with a deal here, because we see him as a class of one.
All DC Movies are WB, and Shazam is the only WB movie that is produced by New Line.
so, if including all three names in there is the hint... message received.

and The Flash got picked up for a full season back order (full 23 episodes instead of the initial 13).
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/21/the-flash-full-season/
The CW has given full season orders to The Flash and Jane the Virgin.
The network picked up both of its freshman dramas for the rest of the season. “We have had a fantastic start to our season this year, with The Flash launching as our most-watched series premiere ever, and Jane the Virgin recognized as the best new show this season by critics across the country,” said Pedowitz.

and I have yet to check out Jane the Virgin as it sounded ridiculous.
Virgin Latina lady get accidentally artificially inseminated by her doctor. Turns out the accidental donor is her boss. But it's got a 100% on RT or something, so maybe I'll check it out sooner or later.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: October 21, 2014, 05:02:48 PM »
oh, and for all of you looking for a reason to check out Gotham (it's campy, but entertaining)
I got one for you.

Meet Liza (after you meet Fish Mooney)

if only she had some ass on her.....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: October 21, 2014, 10:47:49 PM »
Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer premiers after Marvel's Agents of Shield next week.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:49:50 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: October 22, 2014, 12:01:50 AM »
Why does an actual cloud appear under the truck when it hits that dude?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: October 22, 2014, 12:18:37 AM »

to mask the SFX -the ramp the car flipped on-?

p.s. That is a scene from Season 2 of Agents of SHIELD - The Absorbing Man
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:20:21 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: October 22, 2014, 12:26:10 AM »
Smoke from the tires as they hit the breaks hard?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: October 22, 2014, 09:55:13 AM »

to mask the SFX -the ramp the car flipped on-?

p.s. That is a scene from Season 2 of Agents of SHIELD - The Absorbing Man
Looking at that I doubt they are using a ramp.  They are probably using a directional explosive which is where all the smoke is coming from.

oh, and for all of you looking for a reason to check out Gotham (it's campy, but entertaining)
I got one for you.

Meet Liza (after you meet Fish Mooney)

She reminds me of Penny from Lost in Space.

Though Lacey Chabert has an interesting IMDB page.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: October 23, 2014, 07:56:14 PM »
You'll never guess which comic is being made into a live action show for a small screen near you....

Archie is coming to Fox (Riverdale)
http://www.newsarama.com/22537-riverdale-tv-drama-based-on-archie-comics-headed-to-fox.html

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2973 on: October 23, 2014, 08:40:11 PM »
Congratulations, television industry. You've given me a permanent Cornette face.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

« Reply #2974 on: October 23, 2014, 09:30:14 PM »
I just watched the first five episodes of Gotham and I am disappinted I did so, now I can't justify waiting for Netflix because I am hooked on this show.

I also got caught up on Last Man Standing, the best comedy on TV right now.
Trying to be a better person, honest.