Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216462 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2800 on: July 27, 2014, 11:01:12 PM »
Gal is still too skinny to be WW. I don't know how casting works. Alexandra Daddario was genetically modified to look like Wonder Woman, for Arceus' sake.

Most interesting (and worrying) news to come out of San Diego this weekend was that Godzilla 2 will feature Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah. Sounds like they're remaking Ghidorah: the Three-Headed Monsters. After the impressively serious tone of the original film--which I recently rewatched--I'm afraid they're moving into campy Showa territory.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: July 27, 2014, 11:52:08 PM »
Alexandra Daddario looks nothing like Wonder Woman as a proper roman should look like someone of greek descent and should look ethinic.

Also Showa Godzilla is the best Godzilla. I hope the third move brings in Mecha-G and Jet Jaguar.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: July 27, 2014, 11:59:55 PM »
Looks like they are going to run into the same old Hollywood problem of upping the ante too far with Godzilla. Too much too fast leads to sequel blowout and crash. It wouldn't help that they will insist on trying to make an origin story for every single monster to fill out the 3 hour running time instead of making a lean, mean movie where monsters fight monsters and we get fucked.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2803 on: July 28, 2014, 12:24:10 AM »
You don't need an origin story for each monster...if they do that, I will be upset.  I think they need to just establish Monster Island.  Sure it is an insane concept and extremely Japanese...but so is Godzilla.  Just Create a monster Island...people accidentally stumble across it, and fear from man's encounter with Godzilla leads them to do a full scale attack which fails.  And the monsters rampage and attack. 

In the process someone has the bright idea to try and summon Godzilla to save Earth. 

Bam basic movie outline is done.

3rd Movie go for Mecha-Godzilla, but have it not be created by man but created by the alien race or something.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: July 28, 2014, 01:13:51 AM »
Nope this movie is going to suck. Godzilla was stupid with how grim dark it was and Godzilla didn't do anything to save people.

I mean this is Just a knee Jerk reaction to the success of Pacific Rim. Legendary should be putting out seperate films for each monster before they meet each other. Instead they're replacing what was essentially Godzilla 2 with a destroy all monster style movie, and shoe horning in characters like Mothra even adding in a bullshit quick and fast easter egg in the first film.

Godzilla 2 is going to be  bloated mess, and i'm expecting to see lesser known monsters put in this already packed movie.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: July 28, 2014, 01:27:18 AM »
Shingi pls stop you don't know what you're talking about

The movie was fine. Having Mothra and two other monsters is not a destroy all monsters thing. One is a good monster, another is an anti hero, and the other is a villain.

Another thing, thismovie has been in production longer than Pacific Rim was an apple in Del Toro's eye.  (This sentence sounds weird. I dont think I have the phrase right) If you hate the movie, fine. You can have an opinion. But you are just plain wrong and its kinda funny. :D

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2806 on: July 28, 2014, 01:53:12 AM »
You can't "Marvel movie" the Toho monster movies.  There is only one monster that people care about and that is Godzilla...and maybe Mothra.  The other monsters are cool, but only in the sense that Godzilla gets to fight them.  I really wish they would have chosen some of the most abstract and silly monster designs...but maybe they can save those for when the Godzillaverse aliens invade, because some of those monsters appear to be designed not evolved...

I think you can probably easily get a trilogy outta the Godzilla source material, and have a story arc with the humans and Godzilla coming to "appreciate and tolerate" each others existence.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: July 28, 2014, 04:37:30 AM »
Do you guys remember that Deadpool movie starring Ryan Reynolds that we were all so eagerly anticipating regardless of how bad X-Men Origins was?

Some test footage of it has leaked, making it hurt even more that it's likely to never happen as it was written (or at all)
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid935471787001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAACMzGMJk~,RYQzCEk5IfKnEyfo5dmHK5cF207hcFae&bctid=3700094540001

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/07/28/leaked-vfx-test-footage-from-deadpool-movie-2145585?lt_source=external,manual,manual#!boBU8b

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:49:43 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: July 28, 2014, 05:31:33 AM »
Gal is still too skinny to be WW. I don't know how casting works. Alexandra Daddario was genetically modified to look like Wonder Woman, for Arceus' sake.

I think Lynn Collins would have made a great looking wonder woman
http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/interview-lynn-collins-talks-about-becoming-a-princess-of-mars-in-john-carter/

She already has the size, and her face is a much better match. Gal, based on looks, is a miscast IMO.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: July 28, 2014, 05:37:58 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng0JFB2hH-M

Person of Interest season 4 teaser (also features a lot of spots for season 3)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: July 28, 2014, 05:53:13 AM »
Mad Maxx: Fury Road

This one looks kinda crazy. Just got added to my list.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: July 28, 2014, 09:34:02 AM »
Fills me with dread
Weak Australian accent
Like tanker of sand
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: July 28, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »
Almost a Haiku.
You need one more syllable.
In the first sentence.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: July 28, 2014, 10:13:19 AM »
my toho post was a paradoy of MOS complaints

I feel if you going to do a new Mad Max than it sort of has to be Mel Gibson. Its like letting someone else play Han solo.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2814 on: July 28, 2014, 10:27:01 PM »
You don't need an origin story for each monster...if they do that, I will be upset.  I think they need to just establish Monster Island.  Sure it is an insane concept and extremely Japanese...but so is Godzilla.  Just Create a monster Island...people accidentally stumble across it, and fear from man's encounter with Godzilla leads them to do a full scale attack which fails.  And the monsters rampage and attack. 

In the process someone has the bright idea to try and summon Godzilla to save Earth. 

Bam basic movie outline is done.

3rd Movie go for Mecha-Godzilla, but have it not be created by man but created by the alien race or something.

Gareth Edwards has spoken about doing a Monster Island concept. You could stick a bunch of nuclear waste on an island and all the monsters live there and feed off the radiation. Easy peasy. When the movie opens, Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra are all already living there. Ghidorah is probably going to be a space alien, and Godzilla will go out and save the Earth (not humanity--which I appreciate) and maybe Rodan and Mothra will come along.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: July 29, 2014, 01:41:13 PM »
'Wildcat' Cast on Arrow
http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/arrow-j-r-ramirez-wildcat-casting-cw/

a lot younger than everyone was expecting.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:42:53 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: July 29, 2014, 07:07:24 PM »
Do you guys remember that Deadpool movie starring Ryan Reynolds that we were all so eagerly anticipating regardless of how bad X-Men Origins was?

Some test footage of it has leaked, making it hurt even more that it's likely to never happen as it was written (or at all)

Here is an HD quality versio nof it released by Blur studios.
http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014/07/tim-millers-deadpool-test-footage.html

But it's getting taken down quickly, so watch it (or save it) now.

and the movie is still in the "get Fox to agree to the budget and R rating w/ RR still attached" stage. SO no idea when this is going to actually take steps forward. I can only imagine that this footage might atleast bring something new to the discussion.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:11:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2817 on: July 29, 2014, 10:07:56 PM »
A lot of fans will (are?) certainly respond to it well, but who knows if Fox will see that as potentially dolores.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: August 02, 2014, 11:40:30 AM »
Well it looks like The Fantastic Four has finished filming...
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=105049

Now we wait to see exactly how bad it looks.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: August 02, 2014, 12:36:05 PM »
Hopefully it will tank so hard that Fox hands the series back over to Marvel. There should be a clause in their contract which returns the rights to Marvel if the property is deemed "mismanaged". If this tanks then it is assuredly being mishandled.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: August 02, 2014, 02:01:38 PM »
I hope it does pretty poorly becuase other than the FF I mainly want  Marvel to get galactus, and Allnius back.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2821 on: August 03, 2014, 08:48:18 PM »
Yeah, I hate hoping that something does bad, but there's good reasons to hope it does.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: August 04, 2014, 02:07:00 PM »
Sony to be the first to do a Female Superhero movie the last decade!?
Spider-woman!?

http://m.deadline.com/2014/08/female-superhero-movie-spider-man-sony/

They suggest that it could be Spider-woman
EXCLUSIVE: Having pushed the next installment of its Spider-Man franchise out of 2016 and into 2018, Sony Pictures is doing a top-to-bottom revamp of its most important property, insiders say. And that includes a female superhero movie which is being eyed for a 2017 release date, Deadline has learned.
get ready for the power of the women from the Spider-Man universe. Which characters they will develop is up for speculation, but we know that Lisa Joy Nolan (Westworld) has been hired to script and that again Arad and Tolmach are producing. There are several strong possibilities — Silver Sable, Black Cat, Stunner, Firestarter and Spider-Woman, to name a few.
It was only a matter of time that someone would announce a female superhero movie — and it happens to be Sony who is the first out of the gate. So who are these superhero women possibles? I’m no comic book geek so I’ll do the best I can.

Spider-Woman is known in the comics as Charlotte Witter, a fashion designer who is genetically altered by Dr. Octopus. Silver Sable has virtually no superhuman powers but is an adept fighter, skilled in martial arts and sword play who wears a lot of techno gizmo weaponry. Black Cat was introduced in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 as Felicia, Harry Osborn’s assistant, and was played by Felicity Jones; she is also a trained fighter and acrobat. Stunner was a video store clerk who ended up getting a makeover by Dr. Octopus to make her a powerful evil.

This is a wise move for Sony because it’s capitalizing not only on the audience’s changing appetite, but also the studio is digging into its powerful asset base and mining other characters — thereby extending the asset and keeping the rights.

I thought Sony didn't have rights to spider-woman, or is this another shared property since there are different versions her?

But Black Cat would be the most obvious choice since her character was in ASM2.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2823 on: August 04, 2014, 09:27:12 PM »
Black Cat seems obvious but how could they make it not as shitty as Catwoman?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: August 04, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »
By having Spider-man in the movie?