Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216375 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2675 on: July 03, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
1st Villian of Arrow S3 has been announced: a NEW Count Vertigo <- Spoiler in the link

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2676 on: July 03, 2014, 07:01:22 PM »
Ia it me or does he look like...really short?

He totally does.

Looks like Supes is in Gotham. I mean, for that movie to work, he'd kind of have to be.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2677 on: July 03, 2014, 07:24:49 PM »
I think the best should have been red.  It would have looked much better.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2678 on: July 03, 2014, 07:53:13 PM »
For the love of all things good, stop it with the damn origin stories.

F4 doesn't work because it's fundamentally boring and bullshit. When you have Reed build an Ultimate nullifier out of his ass you just know even the writers don't give a ****.

They also share a problem I have with the X-men, their powers are so singular and uncreative to the point that you can't do anything interesting with them. Cyclopes is the most easy example of this, he shoots or he doesn't shoot. Unless you count his powers of being a dick, that's all he's got. Its why in all the movies they keep picking Wolverine as the focus point, compared to everyone else he is multifaceted and more importantly, easy to write for.

They could have picked Storm, but her powers are more grand and hard to use in a budget effective way like slapping plastic on to some hands. Throw in the fact they ditched her African origins and cast Hallie Berry showed they had no confidence or ability to write for such a character which is basically anything not a white straight male with varying levels of gruffness.

It doesn't help I am burned out on super hero movies since it is pretty much watching the same movie over and over again while taking crazy pills.

I think an origin story for Fantastic Four can work.  They just can't make it like they have known each other for only 2-3 years.

If you are dealing with a family then make them act like a family...let them trust each other even when they are made at each other.  Don't just tear them apart to make stupid drama.  Give them  relationships where the audience doesn't know their inside jokes, because we aren't on the inside.  Have them already be close.  Family relations are quite interesting when you write them carefully.  If I was to do Fantastic Four, Reed and Sue would already be married.  The team would pretty much already be together in a working relationship and then they go up into space.  I think there is an interesting story to tell about them arguing about if they keep their powers secret or not...and how they use them.  Is it for science, for heroics, or not all.  Don't spend time with them fumbling over there powers like every super hero movie. 

As for the X-men.  I guess I disagree.  I like the singularity of their powers, because it makes them being a team important.  Superman doesn't need a team...he has so many powers it is unnecessary.  Same with Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Firestorm, Cyborg, Doctor Fate. 

What I always disapproved of, was some of the mutant powers that make no sense.  Storm is a perfect example.  How does one evolve to control the weather?  It is a cool power, but insanely impossible for a mutation...and actually just dumb.  The global impact on her abilities is stupid.  However, most of the original team was very cool and believable. 

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: July 04, 2014, 04:11:00 AM »
" It is a cool power, but insanely impossible for a mutation...and actually just dumb"

I've always wanted a mutant with a power to control gravity, but it would be equally as dumb because that person then overpowers nearly all others.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: July 04, 2014, 04:35:02 AM »
" It is a cool power, but insanely impossible for a mutation...and actually just dumb"

So guy who can teleport by going through Hell is a possible mutation and not dumb. How about dude that can spew energy out of eyes that defy thermodynamics that are so powerful they can disloge 100 ton block of metal embedded in a massive amount of concrete. Then there is a guy who can regenerate in violation of conservation of mass and energy.

The team dynamic never works in the movies because there just isn't enough time to flesh it out without the side characters coming off as story filler full of forced pointless tension because the team is dysfunctional because???. The Avengers movie was a Iron Man movie featuring the Avengers. The X men were Wolverine movies featuring the X men.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: July 04, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »
For the love of all things good, stop it with the damn origin stories.

F4 doesn't work because it's fundamentally boring and bullshit. When you have Reed build an Ultimate nullifier out of his ass you just know even the writers don't give a ****.

They also share a problem I have with the X-men, their powers are so singular and uncreative to the point that you can't do anything interesting with them. Cyclopes is the most easy example of this, he shoots or he doesn't shoot. Unless you count his powers of being a dick, that's all he's got. Its why in all the movies they keep picking Wolverine as the focus point, compared to everyone else he is multifaceted and more importantly, easy to write for.

They could have picked Storm, but her powers are more grand and hard to use in a budget effective way like slapping plastic on to some hands. Throw in the fact they ditched her African origins and cast Hallie Berry showed they had no confidence or ability to write for such a character which is basically anything not a white straight male with varying levels of gruffness.

It doesn't help I am burned out on super hero movies since it is pretty much watching the same movie over and over again while taking crazy pills.

T I agree with the **** Origin stories and the way they botched Strom.

While i'm not biggest fan of the F4, but they can be pretty intresting at times. The OG Kirby Run, as well as the recently finished hickman run are examples of that.

Cyclops is pretty stuipd in the films but he's intresting in the comics. In particular from going from the Golden boy who would succeed Xavier to instead following the ideals of Magneto. It started a bit after No More Mutants when he was in full control of the Xmen and was making some dubious decisions regarding Xforce and the move to Utopia.

The thing is the X-men and Fantastic Four when you know they're place in the Marvel Universe and only Marvel seems to want to make films based on different genres.

The Avengers are super heroes.
The X-men are an Anti-terrorism task force as well as Private Milita.
The Fantastic Four are explorers.

While each do regularly save the world and focus on protecting the earth they at our very core have different mission statements. 

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: July 04, 2014, 04:23:32 PM »
1st Villian of Arrow S3 has been announced: a NEW Count Vertigo <- Spoiler in the link

I was upset when they killed the predecessor off so in a way I am glad the "spirit" of the villain is carrying on. Is Arrow S2 up on Netflix yet? Also hoping Walking Dead S4 pops up as well.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: July 04, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »
Not just the spirit, but the real actual version this time.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: July 04, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »
I have no knowledge of the Green Arrow outside of the few cameos he has made in certain Batman shows so I did not know he was a staple of 'Arrowverse'.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: July 04, 2014, 07:26:25 PM »
From what I've been told, he is one of Arrows main villains in the comics.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2686 on: July 05, 2014, 12:05:52 PM »
Teleportation is a really simple power.  I don't like the idea that he is moving through hell, but the idea of perhaps he is stepping into a pocket dimension and stepping back into ours is actually a plausible explanation.

Again, Cyclops at least as a singular power.  He shoots a laser out of his eyes.  Cool.  Simple to understand.

Mutants like Magneto and Storm are messing with powers that manipulate and change nature pretty significantly.  Magneto is fine when they balance his power levels accordingly.  I always thought the movie Magneto was appropriately powered.  However, the comic book series has made him too powerful and basically a force of nature.

People like to complain that DC makes there heroes too powerful, and I will agree that a few of their characters are too powerful, except for their silver bullet.  But Storm, Magneto, the Hulk, Sentry, and to some extent Wolverine show that Marvel is just as guilty overpowering their characters.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: July 05, 2014, 12:36:24 PM »
You have completely missed the point.

I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: July 05, 2014, 02:02:05 PM »
I have no knowledge of the Green Arrow outside of the few cameos he has made in certain Batman shows so I did not know he was a staple of 'Arrowverse'.

Count Vertigo is sort of like DC's Doctor Doom analouge. He's really good in the dope Lemire/Sorrentino Green Arrow run.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: July 07, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »
Brandon Routh (Superman stalks Returns) is joining Arrow S3 as The Atom!!
tvline.com

I think it's obvious what Arrowverse is trying to raise the stakes in their rivalry with the MCU.
They are going to beat Marvel to a very requested visual scene between an archer and a scientist.
http://i.imgur.com/0neAHGT.gif

Edit: more details from deadline.com
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:30:48 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: July 07, 2014, 02:37:41 PM »
I hope they base it of the original version of that character.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2691 on: July 07, 2014, 07:43:50 PM »
Well, they based the Black Canary on the original and soon the modern take both.

I think it is interesting to see DC take huge steps on the television front.  Basically what Marvel did in the movies.  DC appears to be doing on television.  The Arrow was a very smart choice for a new series.  He isn't Batman, so you could tell a fresh story with freedom, but he is a member of the Justice League, so you could move to developing members of that team.

The Flash coming next is a great addition, because he is a great comic character to be the Yin/Yang of the universe.  Now all they have to do is Buffy/Angel the two series.  Let Flash handle the more colorful light-hearted adventure stories and then give Arrow his typical darker stories. 

Mix in some more DC heroes and villains into the mix and slowly move towards a true Justice....Society show.  (Justice League will forever be in the movies.)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: July 09, 2014, 12:42:41 AM »
I don’t think I’ve seen this posted yet: coming this summer to FX, Guillermo del Toro’s The Strain!

The series will premiere on July 13th. Really looking forward to this series. The books were entertaining. It's about time we had a good and scary vampire movie again. The vampires are treated more like a dangerous, contagious virus, which makes for an interesting twist. And it's del Toro!

http://www.c2meworld.com/creation/the-strain-translating-guillermo-del-toros-virulent-visuals-to-tv/
https://twitter.com/TheStrainTVNews

Here is the extended trailer for this show.

I know I'll be tuning in for the the 1st episode at the very least. I'll update the appropriate thread if it's any good.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: July 09, 2014, 01:13:08 AM »
So, BBC, we need to have a tiny chat. How the hell did someone get away with leaking the scripts for HALF OF THE 8TH SEASON OF DOCTOR WHO!!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: July 09, 2014, 09:40:39 AM »
So, BBC, we need to have a tiny chat. How the hell did someone get away with leaking the scripts for HALF OF THE 8TH SEASON OF DOCTOR WHO!!
This is the company that destroyed the film of popular shows when Video started becoming a thing after keeping them so long.  Who Knows?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: July 09, 2014, 10:17:31 AM »
They're all fake. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: July 09, 2014, 10:48:01 AM »
Kevin Smith wrote them.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: July 09, 2014, 04:10:48 PM »
Firestorm cast in The Flash series: http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/the-flash-robbie-amell-firestorm-ronnie-raymond-1201259682/
played by Arrow's cousin who was formerly a Tomorrow Person.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: July 10, 2014, 12:26:13 PM »
Let's add another one to the potential roster for BvS: DoJ
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/10/doomsday-to-appear-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Doomsday incoming.
Metallo rumored
Superman confirmed
Batman confirmed
Wonder Woman confirmed
Aquaman confirmed
Cyborg confirmed
Lex Luthor confirmed
The Flash rumored
Green Lantern rumored
Nightwing/Robin rumored
Green Arrow speculated/rumored
Martian Manhunter speculated/rumored
Shazam speculated/rumored
Black Adam speculated
Darkseid speculated/rumored(?)

DCCU is looking for a MASSIVE expansion in the next 2 films.
if you mix TV into the bunch (assuming they co-mingle at some point.... multiverse?)
Green Arrow
The Flash
Red Arrow/Roy Harper
Canary
Vertigo
Death Stroke
Clock King
The Huntress
Deadshot
Bronze Tiger
Harley Quinn
Nyssa Al Ghul
Ras Al Ghul
Amanda Waller

Vibe
Killer Frost
Reverse Flash
Gorilla Grodd
Firestorm
The Atom

and I know I missed more than few on just Arrow alone.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2699 on: July 10, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »
Yeah, overload much?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.