Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216436 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2250 on: February 09, 2014, 02:47:13 PM »
Gotham makes no sense, the whole irony of the Batman is that as soon as Bruce put on the Cowl to fight organized crime, bigger threats come into play.

Looking forward to the supernatural spin off but the main series has been meandering so much. The recent episoide was pretty telling, when dean wants to Bank the monster chick just because she was a monster. I understand why dean needs to feel in the right, but after show has given us multiple examples that every monster or demon isn't evil than come on.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: February 09, 2014, 03:56:21 PM »
How is the series going to focus on Gordon, in Gotham, but also follow Bruce Wayne as he travels around the world under assumed names training for his war on crime?

Also, how is this series going to tell the origin of a bunch of characters who are generally portrayed as going-tights as a response to Batman?

"Oh, the gimmicks might be different, but you'd all be out there in some form or another bringing misery to Gotham."

I don't get it either, but even if they switch it up and make Batman the response costumed villains, they end the series right when Batman shows up.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: February 09, 2014, 05:19:25 PM »
How is the series going to focus on Gordon, in Gotham, but also follow Bruce Wayne as he travels around the world under assumed names training for his war on crime?

Also, how is this series going to tell the origin of a bunch of characters who are generally portrayed as going-tights as a response to Batman?

"Oh, the gimmicks might be different, but you'd all be out there in some form or another bringing misery to Gotham."

I don't get it either, but even if they switch it up and make Batman the response costumed villains, they end the series right when Batman shows up.

Like Smallville? Hopefully it doesn't take 10 seasons.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: February 09, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »
They could just build up the villains in their 'pre-costumed' state. Show them as petty criminals, gangsters and drug lords. Tease their dances on the brink of insanity. Keep the overall story arc tight and succinct running at most 5 seasons. Then let all hell break loose in the closing of the series as Batman enters the scene and the crazed criminals come out in their true glory.

Make each pre-villain the main antagonist for an episode arc or two then show them getting locked up in Arkham Asylum. Then, at the end of the series, show some catalyst person (like the Joker) arrive and cause a commotion that sets them all loose in the city. Maybe something like Scarecrow's hallucinating drug is exposed to all of these characters. It is released in the prison and all of these crazed criminals are then pushed into crazy overdrive and unleashed on the city.

They could easily then launch a new Batman movie or a Batman TV series. I'd like to see a 'trilogy' of Batman shows. One can be the Pre-Batman, a second focuses on the standard Batman and a final one that is a live-action interpretation of Batman Beyond to some degree. Each series could be about three to five seasons long.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: February 09, 2014, 06:42:23 PM »
They could just build up the villains in their 'pre-costumed' state. Show them as petty criminals, gangsters and drug lords. Tease their dances on the brink of insanity. Keep the overall story arc tight and succinct running at most 5 seasons. Then let all hell break loose in the closing of the series as Batman enters the scene and the crazed criminals come out in their true glory.

Make each pre-villain the main antagonist for an episode arc or two then show them getting locked up in Arkham Asylum. Then, at the end of the series, show some catalyst person (like the Joker) arrive and cause a commotion that sets them all loose in the city. Maybe something like Scarecrow's hallucinating drug is exposed to all of these characters. It is released in the prison and all of these crazed criminals are then pushed into crazy overdrive and unleashed on the city.

They could easily then launch a new Batman movie or a Batman TV series. I'd like to see a 'trilogy' of Batman shows. One can be the Pre-Batman, a second focuses on the standard Batman and a final one that is a live-action interpretation of Batman Beyond to some degree. Each series could be about three to five seasons long.

With the expectiion of a few most if Batman's rouges were normal before becoming aupervillians. Only person your really left with is Penguin.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2255 on: February 09, 2014, 06:56:15 PM »

With the expectiion of a few most if Batman's rouges were normal before becoming aupervillians. Only person your really left with is Penguin.

Bane was a perfectly good crime lord for awhile. Not in Gotham, but...

You could do some surprise things. Like a no-name criminal who pops up time and again eventually becomes Joker. Pamela Isley could be a botonist with eco-terrorist tendencies. Harley Quinzel could work at Arkham as a psychologist (like she does) and be an asset to the GCPD. Throw in some League of Shadows and you're good for several seasons. I mean, Agents of SHIELD makes it work without the big names.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: February 09, 2014, 09:12:02 PM »
Agents of SHIELD makes it work

Okay, that's debatable.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: February 09, 2014, 11:01:15 PM »
The best two new shows this year so far are True Detective and Rick and Morty.

Last episode of Rick and Morty was Futurama-quality.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2258 on: February 09, 2014, 11:12:24 PM »
Rick and Morty is pretty great.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: February 10, 2014, 10:26:39 PM »
Another cast memeber annoucned for the upcoming The Flash series

http://www.thewrap.com/ed-star-tom-cavanagh-joins-cws-flash-pilot/
Harrison is described as a rock star in the world of physics and the mind and money behind Central City’s S.T.A.R. Labs Particle Accelerator. He becomes a pariah after his lab explodes. But he redeems himself when he discovers that his failed experiment accidentally created the world’s fastest man, The Flash

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: February 11, 2014, 03:28:08 PM »
Gotham cast The Penguin, Alfred, and 2 more
http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/foxs-gotham-casts-classic-batman-characters-the-penguin-alfred-pennyworth-1201097899/
Robin Lord Taylor will play Oswald Cobblepot, or the man better known as DC Comics villain the Penguin. With the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal, Cobblepot is a low-level psychopath for gangster Fish Mooney, and hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor.

Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne’s butler, will be played by Sean Pertwee. A tough-as-nails ex-marine from East London, Pennyworth has loyally served the Wayne family. Now, in the wake of their tragic deaths, he’s fiercely protective of the young Bruce Wayne — the boy who will eventually become Batman.

Additionally, Zabryna Guevara has been cast as Captain Essen, Detective Gordon’s boss at the Gotham City Police Department Homicide Squad. Essen balances the two worlds of police and politics with a Machiavellian skill that’s as much corporate litigator as cop. Erin Richards will play Barbara Kean, the fiance of Detective Gordon (McKenzie). A sophisticated emergency doctor, Kean stands by her husband amid the corrupt world of Gotham.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: February 11, 2014, 08:49:29 PM »
Hey, do you guys remember that 90's NBC The Flash TV show?

Looks like the CW guys have cast him to play an unspecified recurring role on The Flash for the CW
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/11/the-flash-john-wesley-shipp/
The CW’s The Flash pilot has booked the star of CBS’ single-season 1990 TV series The Flash — John Wesley Shipp — who played Barry Allen/The Flash. Shipp will guest star in the pilot in a “mystery role,” says Warner Bros. TV, “with the part intended to be a recurring guest star in series.” After his role on The Flash, Shipp later co-starred on The WB’s Dawson’s Creek.
The CW has ordered a stand-alone Flash pilot in addition to the embedded episodes in Arrow that introduced Grant Gustin as Allen. The show also stars Candice Patton, Rick Cosnett, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Tom Cavanagh and Jesse L. Martin.

check the link for a video of the 90's Flash intro

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2262 on: February 11, 2014, 08:57:08 PM »
Another cast memeber annoucned for the upcoming The Flash series

http://www.thewrap.com/ed-star-tom-cavanagh-joins-cws-flash-pilot/
Harrison is described as a rock star in the world of physics and the mind and money behind Central City’s S.T.A.R. Labs Particle Accelerator. He becomes a pariah after his lab explodes. But he redeems himself when he discovers that his failed experiment accidentally created the world’s fastest man, The Flash

I thought Barry Allen was just hanging out, mixing chemicals, when he got struck by lightning and then became the Flash.  Is this guy made for the show?  So that he can have friends who are in on his secret?

As for that other guy. . .Reverse Flash?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: February 11, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »
I don't know about the first guy, but The Flash will need a mentor for some guidance, or a partner and support team of some sort if they are gonna loosely follow the Arrow structure with a small group of those in the the know and all their surrounding supporting characters.

as far as The Old NBC Flash being cast, GAF speculation so far is Jay Garrick, the Original Bowl Hat Flash.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2264 on: February 11, 2014, 09:11:59 PM »
That'd be cool.

Also, I don't know if I like that structure.  :^/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:08:38 PM by nickmitch »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: February 11, 2014, 09:22:56 PM »
Mark Hughes (of Forbes.com) says Batsuit & WW outfit could be revealed in less than 2 weeks
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=94420

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2266 on: February 11, 2014, 11:11:18 PM »
Interesting.  Isn't this movie still due out in 2016?  Gonna give the fans two years to potentially hate it?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: February 13, 2014, 01:40:59 AM »
Donald Logue (Terriers) cast as Bullock in Gotham
http://m.deadline.com/2014/02/donal-logue-gotham-series-batman-fox/

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: February 13, 2014, 03:12:41 AM »
It's interesting how despite all of these comic books IPs hitting TV and movies, nothing has yet to even touch the inherent longevity of Doctor Who.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: February 20, 2014, 12:49:52 AM »
The Fantastic Four has been cast.... :(
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/miles-teller-kate-mara-fantastic-four-1201099921/

Left to Right:

Miles Teller as Reed Richards
Kate Mara as Sue Storm
Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm
Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: February 20, 2014, 01:14:38 AM »
what the....

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: February 20, 2014, 12:52:23 PM »
The Fantastic Four has been cast.... :(
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/miles-teller-kate-mara-fantastic-four-1201099921/

Left to Right:

Miles Teller as Reed Richards
Kate Mara as Sue Storm
Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm
Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm

Miles Teller is not Reed Richard looking at all.
Jamie Bell ok I guess.
So are they going to Black Face Kate Mara or White Face Michael B. Jordan?

Seriously either cast both of the Storm's the same race or cast another Fantastic Four as a different race.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: February 20, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »
Yeah that makes no sense. Thing should be played by a bigger guy too. Michael Chiklis was actually perfect. No one in that group makes any sense. Ioan Gruffud was the perfect Mr. Fantastic too. The casting in the last two movies was actually pretty decent (aside from the obvious fake contacts of Jessica Alba), it's just the writing that was horrible.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:28:32 PM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: February 20, 2014, 01:29:53 PM »
Is them being blood brother and sister really that important to the characters?
Would it make a difference if one or both were adopted?

I don't really care what they are doing for this movie as I have no interest in this being done by Fox, especially with this cast. I really wanted rights to covert, so I go into this movie with less than zero expectations, assuming it every really gets of the ground.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:58:11 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: February 20, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
Is them being blood brother and sister really that important to the characters?
Would it make a difference if one or both were adopted?

I don't really care what they are doing for this movie as I have no interest in this being done by Fox, especially with this cast. I really wanted rights to covert, so I go into this movie with less than zero expectations, assuming it every really gets of the ground.
Yes.  Yes it is.  If Memory Serves there are a few stories that rely on them being genetically related.  Also Ben is the adopted member of the Fantastic 4 Family in the end.  It just makes the whole dynamic weird.  Its important for some parts that you instantly recognize that Jonny and Sue are siblings.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.