Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216445 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2026 on: December 06, 2013, 11:21:26 AM »
Popular Luthor was from the cartoons, and that was a black Luthor.
Also differentiates them from Smallville and the previous movies.

And Lex Luthor is DC's 1st black president during the last year of our 1st black president (2016).

Sounds like a good move to me.

Edit: however I'm not so sure about the Hispanic/Latin Flash.
Who are they going to make Asian? Indian? African (Green Lantern)?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:35:03 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: December 06, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »
Well Green Lantern is a job more than a super hero. There's ton of them in the Universe so its not that hard to imagine.

The newest GL is Arabic.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: December 06, 2013, 08:06:56 PM »
My issue is with Hollywood, once again, making the successful rich guy who happens to be secretly (to some degree or another) evil black.

Would they every consider making the successful rich guy who happens to be good black?  Black Batman?  Black Green Arrow?

Kingpin, now Luthor...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2029 on: December 06, 2013, 09:19:52 PM »
Huh. I don't remember Wonder Woman being THIN AS A GODDAMN RAIL.

Miscast.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: December 06, 2013, 09:33:58 PM »
There is a Squirrel Green Lantern.  I don't think they really care.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2031 on: December 06, 2013, 10:19:31 PM »
Making Iris black is sure to piss off a few people. But what do they mean by "took him in"? Is he fifteen or some ****?

EDIT: Ok, I just finished reading the post. That backstory sounds stupid as ****.

Its not stupid its what's used for Barry's Orgins in modern say story telling. Barry's Mother is killed and her death is usually unresolved or blamed on his father so as a kid he wants to grow up to be a police officer to solve her murder case. Barry becoming The Flash is usually a random accident that bonds him to the speed force.

Now as far as the casting goes Iris being a childhood friend and her dad taking Barry in is something that's tailored made for the show. Now the character of Dective west is based a bit on another character from the current comics who was a family friend in the police force who took Barry in. Its a bit implied that the the father figure is the one who killed Barry's mother but in the show it seems they're going with the Old reverse Flash paradox.

I don't mind this or Iris being black though it will piss some Fanboys off like when Lawrence Fishburne was cast as Perry White, or MOS making Jimmy Olsen a girl. 

I bolded the part in your summary I thought was stupid. I like the whole "Reverse Flash kills Barry's mom" thing. I especially liked the retelling of it in Flashpoint.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2032 on: December 06, 2013, 10:26:54 PM »

There is a GL who is a planet. They don't care.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: December 07, 2013, 01:22:01 AM »

There is a GL who is a planet. They don't care.

Yeah Green Lantern is really awesome in regards to the universe and being all cosmicy. It does make me wonder how they screwed up what has to be one of the most basic stories in comics. It's fucking Training Day in space. Even the animated series got this right.

Plus B'dg (The Squirrel Lanten) is awesome. DC can stuff it for not giving me a Baz/B'dg buddy cop book.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: December 07, 2013, 03:05:23 PM »

he put this up on his twitter. said it was interesting or that he was interested.

and in other news

Fox's new series Gotham will feature 10yr old Bruce Wayne as a regular
series starts at the death of Thomas and Martha Wayne

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/07/young-bruce-wayne-will-be-a-series-regular-on-gotham
Looks like Gotham will show us a part of Bruce Wayne's life we've only glimpsed.

Earlier this week, we reported that Gotham potentially had a timeline when it was announced that Gordon's first case would be "a very famous double homicide." Now, thanks to information on TV Show Auditions, it is all but confirmed that the series will take place in the wake of the Waynes' murders.

The site states that FOX is currently casting series regulars in Los Angeles, one of whom will be 10-year old Bruce Wayne. It's probably safe to assume, based on this news, that Gotham is firmly set in that time period rather than portraying the investigation in flashbacks. Another bit of evidence is TV Show Auditions' story synopsis, which simply states, "Set in the early days of James Gordon's police tenure, when he meets a boy named Bruce Wayne..."

Gotham's pilot begins shooting in March, 2014.

Am i the only one to think this show would be much better if the early cases such as this were all in flashback (ala Arrow) and the series actually focused on when Gordon first became Commissioner and Batman was just now becoming a thing.
Police are tracking the Bat, the Bat is tracking the criminals. But you never really see Batman except in the background. More of a show that deals with being a police officer in the shadow of a masked vigilante. This allows for big time villians such as The Joker, Bane, Clay Face, The Riddler, etc etc & Arkham Asylum. and even if the police don't fight the majority of them directly, they still have to arrest them, process them and book them away. They also have to handle PR from the vigilante acts of the Batman and deal with the moral dilemma of bringing the Bat to justice vs working with him to clean up the streets.

I just feel that would have been a much more interesting show that another Law & Order: Gotham (before the Bat).

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: December 07, 2013, 03:11:58 PM »
Jon Stewart is kinda meh, i think him as Simon Baz would be cool.

But Elba would kill it in either role, he could play Star Sapphire for all i care.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: December 08, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »
Gal Godot could be good as Wonder Woman if she got thicker, she's way too thin...really disgustingly so. If this was based on physique alone, I would have picked someone like Alexandra Daddario:

black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: December 09, 2013, 02:11:42 PM »
That's interesting and all but I sure wish WB would make the show that Paul Dini and Kevin Smith concocted on the most recent Fatman on Batman podcast. It's basically Bruce Wayne, The Private School Years. Give it a listen, it really does sound like a great premise and Dini is a very. very good writer, especially for the bat. Their idea of a dream-team of scripters is a really good one too.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: December 09, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »
That's interesting and all but I sure wish WB would make the show that Paul Dini and Kevin Smith concocted on the most recent Fatman on Batman podcast. It's basically Bruce Wayne, The Private School Years. Give it a listen, it really does sound like a great premise and Dini is a very. very good writer, especially for the bat. Their idea of a dream-team of scripters is a really good one too.

I haven't listedned to the that podcast (and have no plans on doing so), but it is nothing like this:

or this:

right?

because I think the Gotham Central comic (not that I've read it) sounds like the most interesting route to take. - Early Batman in the shadows, deals mostly with the police force having to deal with crime and a criminal vigilante who fights crime at the same time.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: December 09, 2013, 02:57:53 PM »
I can't now remember whether the Dini/Smith pitch was high-school or college. I thought college but could be wrong.
You should listen. It's really good!
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2040 on: December 09, 2013, 03:07:59 PM »
That Gotham High cartoon looks 10 types of terrible.

Kinda wish SOMEONE would explore Batman as a detective.  Something that shows he's smart, as well as resourceful.  Beware the Batman had this half-flaccid attempt ("Computer, zoom and ENHANCE"), but nobody seems to care that Batman and Superman are supposed to be equals.  The current perception is that Batman is a rich, crybaby and Superman is playing on god-mode. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: December 09, 2013, 09:27:28 PM »
More BvS: The Bermuda Love Triangle movie news.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jason-momoa-talks-join-batman-664185?mobile_redirect=false

Jason Momoa (failed Conan & Game of Thrones) is negotiating to join the cast of "This is not the Justice League movie you think it is".

Source is speculating as either Doomsday or Martian Manhunter.
Jason Momoa is in negotiations to join the cast of the untitled Batman-Superman movie being made by Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

It's unclear whom Momoa will play due to the Kryptonite lock on the project’s details. There's been speculation that the movie's villain could be Doomsday, a Kryptonian scientifically engineered into an intergalactic killing machine. Doomsday famously “killed” Superman in the comics, which became a media event in 1992. The character's existence is even hinted in the extras of the Man of Steel Blu-ray.

However, a source speculated that if Warners is populating the movie with members of the Justice League, Momoa could also play the Martian Manhunter, a super-powered alien trapped on Earth. Momoa, with his muscular physique, could be a fit for either character.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:57:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2042 on: December 09, 2013, 09:42:29 PM »
This movie is getting worse and worse.

The Wonder Woman casting was the only good(-ish?) bit of news (or rumor) to come from it since it was announced.

Adding Martian Man Hunter is just going to be confusing.  Avengers worked because movie goers already knew who those people were.  Having Doomsday as a villain. . .is kinda dumb?  His whole schtick is that he kills Superman.  Is that the story they're going for?  Seriously?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: December 09, 2013, 09:54:40 PM »
BnM has the right idea I think. Maybe treat it like an expanded form of the animated Batman: Year One where the focus is more on Gordon than Bats. Maybe that is the direction they hope to go once the film hits season 2/3-farther down the road. I would rather they skip to just before Batman is born and just tell it to us through Gordon's eyes.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2044 on: December 09, 2013, 09:58:47 PM »
Okay, hold on. They're throwing Batman, Wonder Woman (horribly miscast), Doomsday AND Martian Manhunter into Superman 2? Good LORD. Leave something for Justice League, seriously.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: December 09, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »
BnM has the right idea I think. Maybe treat it like an expanded form of the animated Batman: Year One where the focus is more on Gordon than Bats. Maybe that is the direction they hope to go once the film hits season 2/3-farther down the road. I would rather they skip to just before Batman is born and just tell it to us through Gordon's eyes.

Yes, The Batman Legend from the perspective of Gotham PD is absolutely the most interesting way to go. The amount of the rogues gallery that allows you to use and off screen or post big battle scene clean up would be great on it's own.

I'm gonna post a script idea I saw as soon as I run across it again. it was pretty damn good.
edit:
Quote from: Lionel Mandrake @ NeoGAF
Quote from: Lionel Mandrake;92770036
Just have him be in the pilot. Opening scene.

First shot is a squad car rolling into an alley, where there's already police tape and a news van. A young lieutenant Gordon get out and bemoans that the vultures are already there. He walks into the crime scene and asks what the situation is. Another cop tells him a double homicide, Thomas and Martha Wayne. He's completely emotionless about it, maybe even speaking with a tinge of amusement, which disgusts Gordon. Gordon asks if their son's been contacted about their deaths. The cop says it won't be necessary and points to a young Bruce, sitting on the pavement against the wall. Gordon berates him for not being more attentive to the child. The cop is completely dismissive and says, "Oh yeah. Poor kid. He just became a billionaire." Gordon sighs and walks over to Bruce.

Gives a brief "I'm sorry," speech to Bruce before telling him he has to take him to the station where it's warm and he can call someone for him. Bruce is unresponsive. He stands Bruce up and warns him that there are some people out there who are going to be taking pictures and yelling things, and it's going to be scary. He puts his coat over Bruce's shoulders. And says "Come on, I'll help you. I'll be right beside you." They both walk out of the alleyway, and as they step into the lights, there is a sudden gust of wind, and the coat around Bruce's shoulders picks up, and for a brief moment his silhouette almost looks like he's wearing a cape.

OPENING TITLE

Boom. ****, I'm good at this.
Quote from: Lionel Mandrake;92796166
I'll do you one better and just give what I think would be the most interesting premise for the first two seasons. This is ignoring the fact that apparently a 10-year old Bruce Wayne will be a regular cast member. In my show you won't see child-Bruce again.

After that prologue, the series jumps ahead several years. And Gordon isn't the actual protagonist. He's definitely one of the main characters, and every one of them gets a pretty even amount of screen time and characterization, but the actual "voice" of the show would be an original character. A rookie cop recently transferred to Gotham Central. The other characters would be Bullock and Montoya as well as a few more original characters (Mainly so that we can kill one or two off later on). Gordon has just been suddenly promoted to Commissioner and there's a lot of doubt in whether or not he's ready for the job.

The first season's over-arching story is about the conflict between the Falcone crime family and a new syndicate led by someone who goes by The Penguin. Everyone knows it's millionaire businessman Oswald Cobblepot, but he's really good at covering his tracks and nobody ever gets the damning evidence needed to convict him, partially because he pays off half the force. Throughout the season we still get the "freak-of-the-week" episodes. Killer Croc could be a cool X-Files-like horror episode with the cops sneaking around in the sewer looking for this monster. Mad Hatter could kidnap Montoya and force her to use his invention. So on and so forth.

The first season ends with what looks to be a big win, with Cobblepot sure to go down. But then, near the end of the episode Cobblepot's guys end up gunning down one of the main cops and stealing the evidence that they had. It's a really brutal death and will go to show how sadistic The Penguin is.

The second season will open with the police funeral and the whole force disillusioned. The main character will blame Gordon, and Gordon won't say otherwise, but Bullock and Montoya will defend him and the whole season will have a shaky dynamic between everyone. The season will go like the first, except that they'll be much more adamant in pursuing Cobblepot. This season will also introduce Selina Kyle, who is similar to her Year One persona (Minus being a hooker, because Frank Miller). She lives in the slums, steals stuff to survive, does a little work for the higher-up criminals. The cops try to get her to be an informant but she hates the police, saying they've never done anything for her.

The last couple episodes of the season really heats it up. Someone else dies. Someone close to the main cop. Thugs blow up his apartment, basically ruin him. He goes ballistic and decides he's going to take down Cobblepot, whether Gordon thinks he should or not. He finds out about this deal going down in one of Cobblepot's warehouses. He goes in by himself. Montoya finds out and chases after him to stop him. It's too late. The place was crawling with armed guards and the cop gets captured, tied up. Penguin comes out and really goes off about how he owns the city now. How the cops have lost, and there's no way they can win back Gotham. He essentially says that he's an untouchable god.

Montoya is sneaking around outside the warehouse and she looks around the corner and is surprised to see some guards completely in incapacitated. One's unconscious, one's hanging from a lampost, one's in shock with blood pouring down his face, one's moaning about how he can't breathe and he thinks his ribs are broken. Montoya goes to one, gun drawn, and asks what happened. He just breaks down crying.

Meanwhile back inside the warehouse, Cobblepot tells his men to send the police a message. They know about his warehouse, so he says to load up the trucks/boats and burn the building down with the cop still inside. All of the men start pouring gasoline everywhere and as one nears a corner of some pallets, he gets pulled screaming out of view. Cobblepot orders his other men to go investigate. They slowly look around.

We don't see what happens, only Penguin's reaction as we hear the screaming. The guards start firing their guns and set off the fuel, starting a fire. Cobblepot runs to the other side of the warehouse to his office as he gets on his radio and calls for any guards to come and help. Montoya bursts into the room, which is now engulfed in flames. She sees the cop tied up and quickly hurries to free him. She says they need to get out of there, but he's still determined, "Not without Cobblepot." He goes after him, Montoya reluctantly follows him into the flames.

We go back to Cobblepot who's hiding in his office with the door locked, waiting for his backup. He has a gun so large that he looks awkward holding it. He backs up to a dark section of his office. Just behind him in the pitch blackness, two glowing eyes appear.

He turns just in time to get brutally shoved into his desk before being pulled up and having his face bashed against the door so hard it actually breaks open. Penguin's backup arrives, but they're so stunned by what they see that nobody makes a move. Cobblepot's hurt badly, blood's pouring down his face and he's crying, moaning for someone to help him as this black silhouette with glowing eyes drags him by his foot. He slowly drags him through the burning building before disappearing through the exit. Montoya and the other cop get there just in time to see it. The main cop is only stunned for a moment before he chases the two outside.

The cop draws his gun and points it at the dark figure, which turns to look at him. You can't really see him, he's just a big black shadow with white eyes, and he's got Cobblepot on his knees. The cop calls for him to let Cobblepot go and put his hands in the air. The whole time Penguin is crying and screaming to shoot him. The figure puts his hands in the air, and seems to be complying. Just as the cop starts to inch closer there's a sudden onslaught of light, loud noise, and wind. He shields his face as the figure fires a cable up into the light and grabs Cobblepot, who starts yelling "No, no, no!" As they both get pulled into the air, and the flying vehicle takes off before we ever get to see it. The cop is just left to stand in bewilderment as Montoya joins him.

In the denouement of that episode, we find out that the thugs who witnessed it started telling people that they saw Oswald Cobblepot get dragged straight into hell by some sort of "Bat Man." The cop is furious that he didn't get a chance to bring the Penguin in, and is deadset against the Batman, with Bullock doubting the whole story. Gordon withholds judgement. Thinking that the Batman surely killed Cobblepot, they're surprised when he shows up at the main desk, beaten to a pulp and holding a box of files and bagged items. He turns himself in and gives the police the evidence they'd collected, plus some extra. But through some bribes and such, he essentially gets off free, with only most of his assets being obtained by the police. He's only left with his nightclub "The Iceberg Lounge."

In the final scene of the season, Gordon goes to The Iceberg just as it re-opens and finds Cobblepot sitting at a table by himself, staring at his drink. Gordon sarcastically congratulates him for yet again skirting the law. Cobblepot has a few remarks about how he'll be back on top again, and it's only a matter of time. Gordon gets up to leave but comments, "I don't know if I could take it like you do... I mean, knowing he's out there... Watching me. I don't think I'd ever get a decent night's sleep again." He walks out. Someone approaches Cobblepot from his left side. He screams and recoils in fear only to see it's a waitress, who stutters before asking if he'd like another  drink. He shakily nods before being left alone again. The camera pans out on Oswald Cobblepot, alone at his club, a complete shell of his former self. Destroyed.

Now, I know what a lot of you are thinking. You're thinking, "But Lionel, it's supposed to be about Gordon and the police. You're just going to turn it into the Batman show." No. That's the thing. We never even hear Batman's voice (At least not until well after "shark jump" territory). We don't even get a good look at him. We only see the effect he plays on the force and on the criminals. We see a city and how it responds to having the Batman as a major element of its justice system. That's what's interesting about the Gotham City Police Department. It's the weird dynamic they have with Batman and the supercriminals. I feel like if they go too long without that element then the show will just be another X-Files rehash.

I'm venturing into fan fiction at this point, but whatever. That's how I would do it.
source quote 1 | source quote 2

I would be so down for that show. I just know I will be disappointed with what we have only for knowing it will never be as good as this could potentially be.

edit: added the 1st quote in regards to how the baby Bruce thing would be handled leading into a story arc for s1 & s2
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:16:22 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: December 10, 2013, 03:14:33 AM »
Okay, hold on. They're throwing Batman, Wonder Woman (horribly miscast), Doomsday AND Martian Manhunter into Superman 2? Good LORD. Leave something for Justice League, seriously.

The way how things are going this is IS going to be the Justice League, except we get it first rather than several individual movies that come together ala The Avengers.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: December 10, 2013, 01:34:43 PM »
Man that Gotham High pitch sounded so fucking cool. Kind of wish that was made instead of Beware the Batman.

Anywho doesn't seem sound like too much in one movie. Contray to popular belief the Majority of the Avengers Audience had only seen the first two Iron Men films before seeing Avengers.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: December 10, 2013, 11:28:13 PM »
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:30:00 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: December 11, 2013, 12:22:18 AM »