Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216465 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #1750 on: September 25, 2013, 10:59:31 PM »
Gordon sounds neat.  Won't last.

SHIELD... fell pretty flat on me.  Sadly.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: September 25, 2013, 11:58:23 PM »
I felt AoSHIELD didn't do what I hoped and that was leave me too excited to wait for more.

But I feel it was entertaining enough to tune in repeatedly to see if it gets better.
It was good, but not great. It was fun, and a little funny, and the characters seem like they may grow on you as there was lots of room for expansion and improvement.

It deserves atleast 2-3 more episodes before a final verdict, I think.

But I am a Marvel man, and I loved The Avengers & the MCU, but that's exactly what they are hoping for in their audience.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: September 26, 2013, 12:41:17 AM »
I like what they've done with the Marvel Universe - a lot.  I sat through the six movie marathon, after all. :D

This show... I just don't know.  It's still set to record on my DVR... but if they don't step it up a notch or three, it's not going to last more than a season, I tell you what.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: September 26, 2013, 03:23:24 AM »
Apparently, Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan's next show is a police procedural on CBS. This, clearly, is the darkest timeline. I await the announcement of David Simon's new multi-camera sitcom he's working on with Chuck Lorre.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: September 26, 2013, 03:44:54 PM »
Agents of SHIELD had a bad Pilot.  Lets be honest.  Their is a good deal of Potential their that they hit at but this pilot was a lot of World Setting ultimately.  I don't think its a good indication of anything with the show.  The next episode I think is the one where we are going to really show what this show is going to be.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: September 28, 2013, 10:53:53 AM »
Most Whedon Pilots are bad though. Go back and watch the pilots for Angel, Buffy, and Dollhouse. The only pilot that was good was Firefly and that was the show that got cancelled early.

NBC is working on a Constantine show for next fall. It makes sense with how much DC has been pushing John in the comics since canceling Hellblaze.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 28, 2013, 04:26:14 PM »
That's 3 new DC shows for next year, but only 1 of them may be connected to the DCCU

The Flash
Gotham Central (or whatever it was called)
Constantine

Based on what I know of Constantine, all from the movie, it could make for a good supernatural TV series.
Gotham could also be interesting depending on what direction they take it and who the villians are.
The Flash has been done before, and it didn't pan out too well. But this time it may tie into an overall larger DCU that will also include Arrow, and who knows... maybe the movie universe too.

I know DC is frothing at the mouth to get to that MCU/Avengers money and are really watching closely to how AoS pans out into tying the Big screen to Silver screen for 1 giant all inclusive live action Marvel Universe.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 28, 2013, 05:19:21 PM »
I enjoyed the pilot episode for Blacklist, and Agents of Shield.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: September 28, 2013, 10:46:25 PM »
That's 3 new DC shows for next year, but only 1 of them may be connected to the DCCU

The Flash
Gotham Central (or whatever it was called)
Constantine

Based on what I know of Constantine, all from the movie, it could make for a good supernatural TV series.
Gotham could also be interesting depending on what direction they take it and who the villians are.
The Flash has been done before, and it didn't pan out too well. But this time it may tie into an overall larger DCU that will also include Arrow, and who knows... maybe the movie universe too.

I know DC is frothing at the mouth to get to that MCU/Avengers money and are really watching closely to how AoS pans out into tying the Big screen to Silver screen for 1 giant all inclusive live action Marvel Universe.

Well Arrow and The Flash are already connected. Arrow is already has been doing major world building during the tail end of season I and the now with season 2. DC is doing too much world building that mirrors the comics to not connect the shows and movies together. I know people complain about having TV actors on screen but honestly its cheaper and its not like superhero movies require that much better acting. Plus Avengers biggest assest was a TV dude.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: September 28, 2013, 11:22:07 PM »
Well Marvel's approach was much more coherent.

DC should have spun Smallville into Metropolis.
Got that Gotham City show that was in the works off the ground (it was a Bruce Wayne version of Smallville).
Smallville already started a version of Justice league, so it was just a matter of spinning a few more shows and then doing a Made for TV Mini-series involving them all, then spin it off into Blockbuster movies.

DC's current approach seems much more disconnected and more of an afterthought with no real planning ahead. Kinda feeling it out as they go. They aren't even keeping their projects in house and airing it on their own network (CW is theirs I think) where they have absolute control over expectations, budget and planning.

Marvel's approach had an outline, there was a plan and they executed it. They had a long term goal in mind and every movie is working towards that. Now they have an interconnected TV show that may spawn off a few more TV shows (if rumors and chatter are to be believed) and they are all connected to an ever expanding universe that has a baseline connected to the Big Screen.

I've never been a DC fan, but I really just don't see their approach working out nearly as well as Marvel's since DC is creating puzzle pieces before the know if they are going to fit and then forcing them into the current puzzle afterwards (assuming the TV shows will be connected to the DCCU of MoS and MoS2:BvS)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: September 28, 2013, 11:38:52 PM »
I just don't understand Warner Bros.  They've got *the* most memorable comic book super heroes.  They've got one of the largest movie power houses.  They've got a rich history of characters that spans over 50 years.

Yet, they can't get their movie **** together.  At least their animation rules. :D

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: September 28, 2013, 11:46:34 PM »
Even their Animation is all unconnected.

They have only been interested in doing singular stories. They haven't been thinking big enough.
Hell, they won't even let their animation people near the movie nor TV people.
With how good their animation has been on average, you would think you would want some of the animation people consulting on storyline at the very least.

edit: They probably could have helped Green Lantern... assuming none of them had any involvement with that turd.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:55:20 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: September 29, 2013, 12:02:18 AM »
Well Marvel's approach was much more coherent.

DC should have spun Smallville into Metropolis.
Got that Gotham City show that was in the works off the ground (it was a Bruce Wayne version of Smallville).
Smallville already started a version of Justice league, so it was just a matter of spinning a few more shows and then doing a Made for TV Mini-series involving them all, then spin it off into Blockbuster movies.

DC's current approach seems much more disconnected and more of an afterthought with no real planning ahead. Kinda feeling it out as they go. They aren't even keeping their projects in house and airing it on their own network (CW is theirs I think) where they have absolute control over expectations, budget and planning.

Marvel's approach had an outline, there was a plan and they executed it. They had a long term goal in mind and every movie is working towards that. Now they have an interconnected TV show that may spawn off a few more TV shows (if rumors and chatter are to be believed) and they are all connected to an ever expanding universe that has a baseline connected to the Big Screen.

I've never been a DC fan, but I really just don't see their approach working out nearly as well as Marvel's since DC is creating puzzle pieces before the know if they are going to fit and then forcing them into the current puzzle afterwards (assuming the TV shows will be connected to the DCCU of MoS and MoS2:BvS)

Warner Brothers has always been like that. They're like Microsoft in that all of different divisions up until recently had no sort of work as a unit. One of the big reasons that Green Lantern and Young Justice got screwed was because of in fighting between DC and Cartoon Network had some in fighting.

Problem with smallville was the last 4 seasons were exactly what you mentioned and the cast got tired of it. There's a season 11 comicbook which is pretty damn awesome though. Also its impossible for Warner Bros too put nothing but DC shows on the other Networks. I'm a DC fanboy but I'd be pissed if Hart of Dixie was canceled for a fucking Batman show. As far as the Green Lighting of different Projects they probably don't have any real coherent idea yet (Marvel didn't during the first few films either.) But from a storytelling perspective its pretty coherent as most seem to be following not only the general mythos but in general the New 52.

On that note Arrow season II seems to be upping the DC Universe Push and it would be good time to combine everything. So far for this season we have

The Flash
Black Canary
Sin
The League of Assissans
Bronze Tiger
Professor Ivo
Amanda Waller
suicide Squad

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 29, 2013, 12:03:55 AM »
Funny thing is, for the most part, I'd rather watch their unconnected animation (Beware the Batman aside... this show just really isn't doing it for me) over most of the Marvel movies (which I do like, but the DC Animated Films are just awesome).

I'd be okay if Warner Bros. just did a bunch of unconnected DC Films, as long as they did them well.  Man of Steel was a fun movie, but wasn't really on par with the Marvel films.  The Batman Trilogy was great (even if the third one... was what it was).  Green Lantern is what happens when you let people who don't really know the material handle the film.  Seriously, I don't even know what they were thinking... with the full, rich history of the GL universe, they adapted one of the worst ideas from the comic and did a piss-poor job at that.  While the entire "The Avengers" was fun, I'd seriously be happy if WB just made good super hero movies that aren't Batman.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 29, 2013, 12:10:01 AM »
Even their Animation is all unconnected.

They have only been interested in doing singular stories. They haven't been thinking big enough.
Hell, they won't even let their animation people near the movie nor TV people.
With how good their animation has been on average, you would think you would want some of the animation people consulting on storyline at the very least.

edit: They probably could have helped Green Lantern... assuming none of them had any involvement with that turd.

There Animation will probably be never connected again. DCAU was a once in a life time thing that will only be replicated by the suckfest of Cartoon's Marvel is currently doing. (I'm salty as hell over AEMH).

Now DC really only looks to be having two ongoing series and Direct to TV animation films with the names Batman, Justice League, or Superman on them.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 29, 2013, 12:13:23 AM »
Funny thing is, for the most part, I'd rather watch their unconnected animation (Beware the Batman aside... this show just really isn't doing it for me) over most of the Marvel movies (which I do like, but the DC Animated Films are just awesome).

I'd be okay if Warner Bros. just did a bunch of unconnected DC Films, as long as they did them well.  Man of Steel was a fun movie, but wasn't really on par with the Marvel films.  The Batman Trilogy was great (even if the third one... was what it was).  Green Lantern is what happens when you let people who don't really know the material handle the film.  Seriously, I don't even know what they were thinking... with the full, rich history of the GL universe, they adapted one of the worst ideas from the comic and did a piss-poor job at that.  While the entire "The Avengers" was fun, I'd seriously be happy if WB just made good super hero movies that aren't Batman.

I enjoyed Man of Steel more than any of the Marvel movies expect captain America. Green Lantern is a weird ass movie when they had Geoff Johns consulting and the movie still became what it was.

On

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: September 29, 2013, 12:27:22 AM »

I'd be okay if Warner Bros. just did a bunch of unconnected DC Films, as long as they did them well. 
[...]
While the entire "The Avengers" was fun, I'd seriously be happy if WB just made good super hero movies that aren't Batman.

I'd settle for good Superhero TV shows too.

Smallville had so much potential in the early years (s1-3) and should have gotten to the events in s8-10 much sooner. It also would have been better if they weren't afraid of depicting Superman on 
the small screen so much and just let the show evolve into the show it was trying so hard not be.

Aquaman was rumored and made fun of for so long (Entourage)

Bruce Wayne had a show in the works

The Flash was done back in the early 90's

DC doesn't even know it, but they could have had the superhero market all wrapped up if they had gotten it together. Marvel was in a state of desperation and DC had WB as a parent company, wth movie studios, animation studios and TV networks. If they had thought outside of the box 13+ years ago, they would own the market.

They were already killing it with B:TAS and S:TAS and several other DC animated cartoons, but if they had just made them all piece of the same pie, it makes all the other shows part of your optional, but highly recommended and almost required watching.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1767 on: September 29, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »
The DCAU was incredible.  Starting with Batman and Superman, and then a cross-over, and then Batman Beyond tying it, Justice League, and Static Shock. I wish they would go for that again. The opportunity was there with Teen Titans and again with Young Justice. Both squandered.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: September 29, 2013, 12:02:15 PM »
Young Justice was freaking amazing. :(

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: September 29, 2013, 02:20:16 PM »
YJ was freaking trash.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: September 29, 2013, 02:38:54 PM »
Yeah, Young Justice was a mess. It was always to start to get good, but always falter in the end.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1771 on: September 29, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »
The show kept trying to up the stakes for the sidekicks instead of just giving them fun adventures to go on. And the time jump was WAAY too early in the life of the show.

What that show really needed was a companion show in the same universe.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: September 29, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »
The show kept trying to up the stakes for the sidekicks instead of just giving them fun adventures to go on. And the time jump was WAAY too early in the life of the show.

What that show really needed was a companion show in the same universe.

But the point of the show wasn't watching them go on fun adventures. That was Teen Titans point of existence. Young Justice was about the more serious fare about what its like to be a Teenage superhero in that sort of universe. Its takes its setting ques from the New Teen Tiitans by Wolfman/Perez (A series where Deathstroke sleeps with an underage girl anf than murders her), as well as the Geoff Johns Teen Titans run.

My biggest beef was that during the second season the good guys were shown to be perpetually incompetent, with the writers having an obsession of how awesome lex is.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1773 on: September 29, 2013, 10:19:25 PM »
To me, the focus was always on them being caught up in some "big event". The first season was all "villains lose, but secretly still win" and then the big plan was revealed and the kids had to step up again. "Fun adventures" was the wrong word. But the show definitely needed smaller plots that still tied in to the the theme you mentioned. It felt like the show was out-scaling itself.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 29, 2013, 11:18:16 PM »
To me, the focus was always on them being caught up in some "big event". The first season was all "villains lose, but secretly still win" and then the big plan was revealed and the kids had to step up again. "Fun adventures" was the wrong word. But the show definitely needed smaller plots that still tied in to the the theme you mentioned. It felt like the show was out-scaling itself.

So its a comic book than.  :P